The Education Forum

Seymour Weitzman

Don Jeffries

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Again... why would protecting the president from a rooftop be something Weatherford would be upset about it being known?

Unless he was up there for another reason per Decker....

Just sayin'

You and I were not there. We don't know what was said or not said. He might have been upset about something else. 

1 minute ago, Denis Morissette said:

You and I were not there. We don't know what was said or not said. He might have been upset about something else. 

Or he really was on the roof and didn't and doesn't want people to be aware of said fact....

I ask you again... why would his being there present a problem in the protection of the president other than Decker telling his men to stand down?

If he was up there, Why does Decker put him up there and not tout how his men had the route covered...  He could have easily shot into the 6th floor window... if anyone was actually shooting from there.

47 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Or he really was on the roof and didn't and doesn't want people to be aware of said fact....

I ask you again... why would his being there present a problem in the protection of the president other than Decker telling his men to stand down?

If he was up there, Why does Decker put him up there and not tout how his men had the route covered...  He could have easily shot into the 6th floor window... if anyone was actually shooting from there.

Were any security men put on any roof tops in downtown Dallas that day?

Equipped with binoculars, radios and scoped rifles?

Scanning any high building open windows beneath them especially as JFK was passing directly underneath?

If you've ever seen the Mark Lane "Rush To Judgement" documentary interview of J.C. Price you would instantly see how incredibly beneficial it would have been to have had armed security on the top of the Terminal Annex building overlooking Dealey Plaza on 11,22,1963.

J.C. Price was the Terminal Annex building maintenance man who perched himself on it's roof that day and who watched the JFK motorcade proceed through the Plaza beneath him.

Lane shows us Price's views. He could see "everything" below in the entire Plaza including a direct clear view of the Texas School Book Depository building straight across from his building and the entire grassy knoll area including the parking area behind the picket fence and pergola.

How any JFK security responsible parties missed such an incredibly perfect security location as JFK was passing right underneath is sad.

Too bad Annex maintenance man J.C. Price wasn't deputized and given at least binoculars and a DPD connected radio during his time on his building roof top that day.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

I doubt having any officer on the roof would have been a problem. You’re asking a question about something that did not happen.

8 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Maybe not so much sarcasm? B)

image.thumb.jpeg.0dae6a72b0ec0462de03cc5874d2f36b.jpeg

I find it hard to believe this was a misfired shot from the Records Bld. Not saying it couldn't or didn't happen it's such a bad shot given the accurracy from the rest.

Edited by Paul Cummings

16 hours ago, Paul Cummings said:

I find it hard to believe this was a misfired shot from the Records Bld. Not saying it couldn't or didn't happen it's such a bad shot given the accurracy from the rest.

Amazing how many "I find it hard to believe" posts the JFK assassination gets, huh?

I agree that seems like a stretch BUT... a bullet did hit there, was retrieved there and there is a linear mark there pointing back to the records building.  The facts suggest a shot fired from the area Weatherford is "said" to have been...

As I asked, why would protection from rooftops be something to hide? Unless he was not up there to protect.

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

Amazing how many "I find it hard to believe" posts the JFK assassination gets, huh?

I agree that seems like a stretch BUT... a bullet did hit there, was retrieved there and there is a linear mark there pointing back to the records building.  The facts suggest a shot fired from the area Weatherford is "said" to have been...

As I asked, why would protection from rooftops be something to hide? Unless he was not up there to protect.

Kinda like the Penthouse letters..."I thought it never would happen to me"

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2017 at 11:24 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Interesting. I didn't know anything about Weitzman's mental breakdown and incarceration in an institution.

I will immediately dig into what info I can find on this.

His nervous public confession about making a mistake on the identification of the 6th floor rifle always seemed unsettling to my gut feeling instincts.

Weitzman's incarceration in a Japanese prison camp during the end of WWII surely would have afflicted him with at least some PTSD.

Perhaps this event led to his mental breakdown condition in his last years?

My son and I interviewed a former U.S. army man for my son's history class project who 55 years earlier had gone through the Bataan Death march as well as years of incarceration in a Japanese prison camp.

His story was horrific.

Weitzman never had children? Was he married though?

Weitzman mentions Lt. Day working the bolt action of the TXSBD found rifle there on the spot and ejecting a bullet.

I would assume Officer Day had already powdered the rifle looking for prints?

First Weitzman states someone came up to him with a red colored item which the finder thought "may be a piece of a firecracker?"

Then later Weitzman states "he" found this in the street himself? With specifics regarding where and maybe just inches from the far grass area curb?

Weitzman and Boone never mention Roger Craig. He was a fellow sheriff's department officer.

Craig does mention Weitzman.

Craig doesn't embellish his role in the finding of the rifle on the 6th floor. He gives full credit for this to Weitzman and Boone. He states simply he was about 8 feet from the two officers who did when they did.

I believe that humble recounting reflects well on Craig's credibility.

This may be of some interest wrt this topic.  At the hotel parking lot in the morning after breakfast in Ft Worth:

“ [Norm] Bradford had found a spectacular location for creating an overview photo. “I went to the top of the Hotel Texas and made a shot [poor choice of words, considering the totality of Bradford’s comment] down on the parking lot across the street from the 14th floor of the Hotel. I’m still wondering why I wasn’t shot off the side of the building at that time. When I got up there and was shooting down, I just happened to glance around, and all I could see on all the roofs of the buildings around were yellow raincoats with people with high-powered rifles. There I was, standing on the 14th floor of the Hotel Texas, and not a soul, it was not protected, and it was not sealed off. I was very surprised.” (Richard Trask, Pictures of the Pain: Photography and the Assassination of President Kennedy, p. 329)

So who was on the roof? There is no documentation anywhere to suggest that the Secret Service requested any such additional security, or that such additional security was ever provided. The only such fact we have is the “Harry Weatherford atop the County Jail” story, and the only person to corroborate Weatherford was, of course, Weatherford. And he wasn’t polite about it at all.

Could they have been a team of assassins? Yeah, I know, far-fetched—but so is a group of people in yellow raincoats with high-powered rifles. There are two critical factors based on what we know from photographer Norm Bradford. The single most critical factor is that there was no such heavily armed guard atop the Hotel Texas. 

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book II: Death . Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition.