The Education Forum

Edwin Walker

Jim Root

I find it difficult to believe that Walkers supporters did not know of his

Sexual preferences ,at least those "close" to him. This would have

Given rise to a built in failure in the future had anybody got a whiff of it.

And of course the obvious blackmail/pressure from those in the know!.

I also believe his resignation could have been urged by this being exposed

By the reporter but possibly not by that paper as I believe the owner

Was a prominent nazi Atlee Phillips type disinfo guru!.

Ian,perhaps it could be looked at the other way around.Major General Edwin Anderson Walker,being Gay,would be a easy way to blackmail him into taking part,if he were reluctant to do so.

I believe,or have a hunch,Walker was shot at,perhaps to make him join a conspiracy to kill JFK.A shot by LHO,who was possibly released on the orders of RFK after the shooting.

Walker already hated the Kennedy's,after being stripped naked and bungled into a plane to find himself detained in a mental institute.Add to that Walker was extreme right winged and he thought the Kennedys were pro communist.He had a bucket full of hatred for the Kennedys.

Paul Trejo and Harry Dean have a lot of information which could put Walker in the frame.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Malcom

I have been following both the threads you mentioned

Which brings me to this question ,How many different agencies/private backers

Were pulling Oswalds strings?.

I find it difficult to believe that Walkers supporters did not know of his

Sexual preferences ,at least those "close" to him. This would have

Given rise to a built in failure in the future had anybody got a whiff of it.

And of course the obvious blackmail/pressure from those in the know!.

I also believe his resignation could have been urged by this being exposed

By the reporter but possibly not by that paper as I believe the owner

Was a prominent nazi Atlee Phillips type disinfo guru!.

Ian,perhaps it could be looked at the other way around.Major General Edwin Anderson Walker,being Gay,would be a easy way to blackmail him into taking part,if he were reluctant to do so.

I believe,or have a hunch,Walker was shot at,perhaps to make him join a conspiracy to kill JFK.A shot by LHO,who was possibly released on the orders of RFK after the shooting.

Walker already hated the Kennedy's,after being stripped naked and bungled into a plane to find himself detained in a mental institute.Add to that Walker was extreme right winged and he thought the Kennedys were pro communist.He had a bucket full of hatred for the Kennedys.

Paul Trejo and Harry Dean have a lot of information which could put Walker in the frame.

Malcom, as for General Walker's homosexuality, of which there is evidence, I believe that in 1963, as long as he stayed in the closet, he could rely on the Press to leave him alone.

I know that sounds impossible today, but remember that JFK had several mistresses in and out of the White House, yet this fact did not become public knowledge until the 1980's. The Press in 1963 knew the public was naive, and they still wanted to treat public figures with tremendous respect.

General Edwin A. Walker was a WW2 war hero. That still had lots of currency in 1963. Although Walker never married, and was never seen with a steady girlfriend, and would only attend public functions with one of his volunteer secretaries (milddle-aged and sour-faced) the general public in 1963 never for one minute would have allowed anybody to suggest that a WW2 war hero was also a homosexual. One might have received a black eye.

The times were very different. Remember that only one year earlier, in 1962, H.L. Hunt himself bankrolled General Walker to be Governor of Texas. If Walker had made a smashing presentation at the Senate Subcommittee on Military Preparedness in April 1962, he might have won the position of Governor. (As it turned out, Walker made a pitiful presentation before the Senate).

Yet if Walker had become Governor of Texas, then H.L. Hunt would have groomed Walker for U.S. President, almost certainly. I say this because H.L. Hunt had also bankrolled General Douglas MacArthur for U.S. President. H.L. Hunt liked the idea of a General for President. Hunt also loved the idea that he could control a U.S. President. However, after Walker performed so poorly before the Senate Subcommittee, and after Walker lost his bid for Governor of Texas, H.L. Hunt wrote him off, and turned his attention to the next promising Texan he could promote to the White House.

My point here is that Walker's homosexuality never came up one single time in 1962-1963, when Walker (i) ran for Texas Governor; (ii) instigated race riots at Ole Miss University; or (iii) was acquitted for his role at Ole Miss.

That would have been absolutely impossible in 1980, in the post-Watergate generation.

As for high-level homosexuals remaining undetected because they successfully remained in the closet in the public eye, we only need to remember that J. Edgar Hoover was in that category, and he was one of the most powerful men in the world in 1963.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

... Goldwater's response was:

"Mr. Welch is only one man, and I do not believe his views, far removed from reality and common sense as they are, represent the feelings of most members of the John Birch Society...Because of this, I believe the best thing Mr. Welch could do to serve the cause of anti-Communism in the United States would be to resign."

It was a weird proposal - somehow the reader was to imagine that the JBS believed something different than its wacky founder, Robert Welch, after only five years. Goldwater's agreement with Buckley amounted to a false premise -- that thousands of JBS members were different from the founder, i.e. that these thousands of JBS rightists actually displayed common sense!!

My take: This is pure political candidate animal-speak from Goldwater. To get the mainstream moderate conservative and democratic vote he needs to distance himself from the Extreme Right. At the same time, he does not want to lose hundreds of thousands of votes from the JBS membership and supporters. The solution is to demonize Welch, and then throw some crumbs to the JBS membership by assuring them he knows they are not as wacky as the founder of the movement.

Richard,

I like your take on this. The subtle nuance was that Barry Goldwater simultaneously distanced himself from Robert Welch and pandered to the voters among the JBS. Pretty clever, actually.

I will add that ex-General Edwin Walker became a supporter of Goldwater in 1963, complete with visions of dropping atomic bombs on Hanoi. This was what General Douglas MacArthur had wanted for Korea -- the right to drop atomic bombs on North Korea and China. This was the standard right-wing platform in 1953-1963, as difficult as it may be to believe today.

At this point let's review Harry Dean's take on the JBS role in 1963.

Harry Dean once believed that the JBS effort to label the liberal Establishment as 'Communist influenced' had for its final goal the replacement of US Liberalism with US Conservatism. What Harry learned later was that the JBS brand of so-called 'Conservatism' was in reality a new form of tyranny. The JBS held an all-or-nothing strategy -- to their inner circle they admitted it was a right-wing revolution. Harry quoted Robert Welch: "We are opposing a conspiracy...our determination to overthrow an entrenched tyranny is the very stuff of which revolutions are made." (Crosstrails, Ch. 2, p. 16)

Harry Dean eventually realized that the JBS represented an authentic right-wing revolution -- not just a political voting campaign. The JBS would never tolerate the middle path, the moderates, the liberals. It must be all-or-nothing, so if the JBS failed, they would have to be arrested for insurrection. Harry again quoted Robert Welch: "The result of our failure in this fight most positively will be concentration camps, or worse, and soon. We must all stick together or we will surely hang separately." (Crosstrails, ibid.)

Harry Dean looks back on the events of 22 November 1963 as a logical step in the 'shock force' strategy of the JBS to advance its aims. The voting power of the extreme right-wing was too weak. Matters for the right-wing were just as Joachim Joesten reported when he quoted H.L. Hunt at a party a few days before the JFK assassination: "there is no other way of getting these traitors out of government except by shooting them out." Furthermore, Harry Dean says that this was predicted by Robert Welch, who said: "For unless you can eventually, and in time, reverse by political action, the gradual surrender of the United States to Communism, the ultimate alternative of reversal by military uprising is fearful to contemplate." (Crosstrails, ibid.)

The "military uprising" in this particular case was, IMHO, the support given by some extreme rightists in the Pentagon to a former high-ranking officer, the resigned General Edwin A. Walker from April 1963 through November 1963 as he coordinated the Crime of the Century. The 'shock force' of 22 November 1963 was a military uprising of a covert and insidious nature, that changed the USA in a basic way.

Nevertheless, the rightist forces that slew JFK failed to complete their task. The JBS continued to object to LBJ, to Nixon, to Carter and on and on, because no US President was ever right-wing enough for them. The JBS continues to seek for secret Communists and Marxists in Washington down to this very day. You can hear them in some Tea Parties even in 2012. They won't give up until they get what they want, or until they're all arrested for insurrection.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul,I found this on the Walker shooting,don't know how reliable it is.The article also appears to have a lot of info on other characters.Many more pages than I am posting.

HOSTY ASSIGNED THE WALKER CASE

On June 6, 1963, S.A. Hosty was informed by an ex-employee of General Walker, William MacEwan Duff, that he was involved in an arrangement to kill General Edwin Walker, with two other men. William MacEwan Duff had received an Undesirable Discharge from the Army on June 2, 1964, by reason of unfitness due to Fraudulent Entry in the Army (concealment of other service). His record contained a letter entitled: "Fraudulent Entry" that stated: "During the entire period of time EM has been assigned he continually cause trouble because of his refusal to tell the truth." Duff came to Dallas where he married Frances Barnard. The marriage was annulled after two weeks.

In June 1963 two private investigators hired by General Edwin Walker told the Dallas Police Department that Duff was planning to kill Walker. These were the two men named by Duff as plotting to kill Walker. Duff was arrested and polygraphed. The polygraph test indicated he had no knowledge of the Walker Incident.

OSWALD WAS UNSURE OF THE OUTCOME OF WALKER INCIDENT

The FBI reported: "Dallas report of S.A. WARREN C. DeBRUEYS dated December 8, 1963, on pages 284 and 285 set out interviews of Marina Oswald on December 3, 1963, and December 4, 1963. She advised during the Spring of 1963 they resided on Neeley Street. One evening in the Spring of 1963 her husband indicated he was going to typing class at the Dallas evening school (Crozier Technical High School where OSWALD last attended on April 8, 1963) where he normally attended two or three times a week. On this particular evening he was very late and arrived home about midnight, very pale, agitated and excited at which time he admitted trying to kill General Walker by shooting at Walker with a rifle. Marina Oswald stated her husband normally would depart the Neeley Street address sometime between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. returning home about 9:00 p.m."

In 1964 Marina told the Bureau: "When he came back, I asked him what happened. He was very pale. I don't remember the exact time, but it was very late. And he told me not to ask him any questions. He only told me he had shot at General Edwin Walker." OSWALD went on that he did not know if he had hit General Edwin Walker; when he learned from the newspapers the next day that he had missed, he told her he was "sorry that he had not hit him." Marina Oswald told the HSCA: "[When he returned late that evening] he turned the radio on and he was very pale and he was listening to the news, changing from station to station. I ask him what it was all about, and he said that he tried to shoot General Edwin Walker. I told him, how dare you take somebody's life and you should not do things like that, I mean you have no right to do it. He said well if somebody shot Hitler at the right time you will do justice to humanity so since I do not know anything about the man I should not talk about it." [Marina's HSCA Test. pg. 383] In 1994 Marina Oswald told this researcher: "All I can tell you is what he told me when he came home. And people have pointed out how nervous he was after that, and he was cool as cucumber after Kennedy? Are you asking me, did I make this up? No. He came home from work, it was late, I found the note in one of the little closets. I confront him when he came what it was all about? Then he turned the radio on. He told me he shot at Walker."

ANALYSIS

If OSWALD shot at General Edwin Walker he would have known immediately if he hit him or missed him. Marina Oswald pointed out to this interviewer that all she had was her husband's word he shot at General Edwin Walker. She was not a witness to the event. HEMMING was the shooter and knew the outcome of the Walker incident. OSWALD was exaggerating his importance in the event to his wife. He had not done the shooting. If he had, he would have known that he missed.

EVIDENCE FABRICATED BY DEMOHRENSCHILDT

DeMohrenschildt told the Warren Commission that while he and his wife were visiting the OSWALDS one evening at Neely Street, Marina Oswald remarked that LEE bought a gun and showed it to Mrs. DeMohrenschildt. George DeMohrenschildt told the FBI that this visit occurred on Saturday, April 13, 1963. That year Easter Sunday fell on April 14, 1963. The purpose of the visit was to deliver an Easter present to OSWALD'S daughter. In 1964 Marina Oswald stated "when she had asked her husband what he had done with the rifle, he replied that he had buried it in the ground or had hidden it in some bushes. He also mentioned a railroad track in this connection. She testified that several days later, OSWALD recovered his rifle, and brought it back to the apartment." Marina Oswald stated that OSWALD did not retrieve his rifle until April 14, 1963.

Nonetheless, George DeMohrenschildt claimed he and OSWALD stood in the front room talking, and Marina Oswald opened a closet to show Mrs. DeMohrenschildt the gun; Mrs. DeMohrenschildt called out to her husband in the next room. He did not get a look at it, but remembered a telescopic sight. Marina Oswald told them LEE used it for target shooting. George DeMohrenschildt noted he then "jokingly" asked LEE if he had taken the shot at General Edwin Walker. LEE became tense, "sort of shriveled," and made a face in answer to the question without specifically answering it.

In a State Department interview at the American Embassy, Haiti, on December 1963 the DeMohrenschildts claimed they had seen the rifle in the Fall of 1962, and not the following Spring. In that interview, they claimed the last time they had seen the OSWALDS was in January 1963, not April 1963; they were too busy preparing for their forthcoming trip to Haiti to see LEE and Marina Oswald after that. [HSCA V12 p52] The HSCA asked Marina Oswald whether she exhibited the rifle to the DeMohrenschildts: "I cannot tell you that, not because I am hiding, but because I cannot recall." [HSCA V12 p301]

In George DeMohrenschildt's unpublished manuscript, he blamed the Walker incident on a Jew: "There is another thing which makes me believe that LEE possibly tried to shoot General Edwin Walker. A man, whose name I do not recall, a Jewish man, whom LEE met at Ford's Christmas party, described General Edwin Walker as the most dangerous man in the United States, a potential neo-fascilst [sic] leader. I noticed that LEE kept on asking why. And the other fellow explained clearly his reasons. LEE might have been influenced by this statement." Marina Oswald told this interviewer in 1994: "I think he waited two days before recovering the rifle. They did come and bring that. If it was Easter it had to be Sunday. I liked DeMohrenschildt very much."

EVIDENCE - THE NOTE

OSWALD left a note for Marina Oswald in Russian with practical instructions in case the Walker mission ended in failure. Marina Oswald testified she became agitated the night of the Walker incident when she found the note in OSWALD'S room; she entered the room contrary to his instructions when she began to worry about his absence. She allegedly kept the note, to turn over to the authorities "if something like that should be repeated again." When asked whether LEE requested she return the note, she claimed: "He forgot about it." Marina Oswald did not bring the note to the attention of the Dallas Police Department, but kept the note in a Russian book entitled Useful Advice. Ruth Paine accidentally turned the note over to the Dallas Police Department on December 2, 1963. Michael Paine: "I accept that he took a shot at Walker and nothing came of it. I think he probably meant to kill him, but Walker had the good fortune to duck at the right moment. He wrote a letter and left it with Marina Oswald just before he went out that night. My wife was raked over the coals by the FBI when she quite unwittingly sent that letter to Marina Oswald. Ruth was sending Marina things she thought Marina would like, and this was a book written by Doctor Spock on babies. The FBI came back thinking she was trying to smuggle important information to Marina. So they grilled her, brought her to tears, and she was totally ignorant of that letter being in the book. She had never seen it. And she was very angry at Marina for keeping from her that LEE had done that. Later on, I remember discussing with Ruth why she had done that: Marina Oswald was afraid of being deported back to Russia." Ruth Paine: "This was a book that Marina had read to me from. It was child raising manual. After she left on November 23, 1963, I expected her to come back, but she didn't. So every day or so I would send something the baby that might need - a change of clothing, etc. Mail began to come for her. I would give it to the police. The FBI had overlooked it. Later, I understood Marina had hidden a note in a book. First I heard about it, two guys from the Secret Service came and asked if I knew anything about it. They presented it as if I did know something about it. I said, 'I just sent a book to her.'" The text of the note:

(1) This is the key to the mailbox which is located in the main post office in the city on Ervay Street. This is the same street where the drugstore, in which you always waited is located. You will find the mailbox in the post office which is located 4 blocks from the drugstore on that street. I paid for the box last month so don't worry about it.

(2) Send the information as to what has happened to me to the Embassy and include newspaper clippings (should there be anything about me in the newspapers). I believe that the Embassy will come quickly to your assistance upon learning everything.

(3) I paid the house rent on the second so don't worry about it.

(4) Recently I also paid for water and gas.

(5) The money from work will possibly be coming. The money will be sent to our post office box. Go to the bank and cash the check.

(6) You can either throw out or give my clothing etc. away Do not keep these. However I prefer you hold on to my personal papers (military, civil etc.)

(7) Certain of my documents are in the small blue valise.

(8) The address book can be found on my table in the study should you need same.

(9) We have friends here. The Red Cross also will help you. (Red Cross in English). [sic]

(10) I left you as much money as I could, $60 on the second of the month. You and the baby (apparently) can live for another two months using $10 per week.

(11) If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge though which we always passed on going to the city (right in the beginning of the city after crossing the bridge).

ANALYSIS

The note referred to the Walker Incident.

1. "This is the key to the mailbox which is located in the main post office in the city on Ervay Street. This is the same street where the drugstore, in which you always waited is located. You will find the mailbox in the post office which is located 4 blocks from the drugstore on that street. I paid for the box last month so don't worry about it."

OSWALD gave Marina Oswald the key to his post office box for the first time. He had previously withheld it from her. OSWALD had Marina Oswald wait in a drugstore rather than accompany him into the main post office on Ervay Street, where OSWALD rented Box 2915 from October 9, 1962, to May 14, 1963. What was he up to at the Post Office?

The Warren Commission: "Although the possibilities of investigation in this area are limited, there is no evidence that any of [OSWALD'S three boxes] were ever used for the surreptitious receipt of messages...The single outstanding key was recovered from OSWALD immediately after he was taken in custody." [WR p312] In 1994 Marina Oswald did not recall having been told to wait in the drugstore while her husband went to the post office: "It was just to remind me where it was."

2. "Send the information as to what has happened to me to the Embassy and include newspaper clippings (should there be anything about me in the newspapers). I believe that the Embassy will come quickly to your assistance upon learning everything."

OSWALD feared his action might escape notice not only by the Washington newspapers, where the Soviet Embassy was located, but by the local media in Dallas. General Edwin Walker was headline news in 1963; even the anonymous pot shot made the front page of the Dallas Morning News. OSWALD was incredibly stupid.

OSWALD was about to commit a political act which would be viewed sympathetically by the Soviets. According to Marina Oswald: "LEE said he was a very bad man, that he was a fascist, that he was the leader of a fascist organization...if someone had killed Hitler in time it would have saved many lives." [WR p406]

3. "I paid the house rent on the second so don't worry about it. Recently I also paid for water and gas. The money from work will possibly be coming. The money will be sent to our post office box. Go to the bank and cash the check." The reference to OSWALD'S check having been mailed to his Post Office Box meant the letter was written sometime after April 5, 1963, when he lost his job at Jagger-Chiles-Stoval.

4. "You can either throw out or give my clothing etc. away Do not keep these. However I prefer you hold on to my personal papers (military, civil etc.) Certain of my documents are in the small blue valise. The address book can be found on my table in the study should you need same." OSWALD was about to commit a crime that could result in a stiff prison sentence.

5. "We have friends here. The Red Cross also will help you. (Red Cross in English). [sic] I left you as much money as I could, $60 on the second of the month. You and the baby (apparently) can live for another two months using $10 per week. If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge though which we always passed on going to the city (right in the beginning of the city after crossing the bridge)." OSWALD was going after a former General , a tough customer. He could have been killed or taken prisoner. [DeMohrenschildt/W WR p282; WR pp. 416, 738, 592; HSCA R pp. 98, 60, 62]

Marina Oswald told this researcher 1994: "If he was apprehended as you said, but something more will be printed, then identify people who tried to shoot at Walker as it was in newspapers, you follow me? Maybe the Embassy would help me to go back to Russia? He was giving instructions where to go if he doesn't come home. Maybe he was with a group and maybe they would kill him. It's unlikely Walker would have killed him. The police aren't going to kill him. The message of the thing was that he had a mission or had another second life. He did not indulge in a explanation to me. I knew nothing about it. So, if something happened to me, he was just giving directions to go to get help. Maybe somehow also he betrays himself by saying it. That's a giveaway without him realizing that. The note did not say he was going to kill Walker. He came home without that rifle. What was all that about? If HEMMING put my husband up to this, the main thing was to show LEE was a killer."

BULLET PROBABLY FIRED FROM A MANNLICHER-CARCANO

The Warren Commission Report stated: "Specimen Q188 was fired from a barrel rifled with four lands and grooves, right twist. Mannlicher-Carcano rifles of the type used in the Kennedy assassination are among those which produce general rifling impressions such as were found on specimen Q188." FBI ballistics expert Robert Frazier apprised the Commission that relatively few types of rifles could produce the characteristics found on the bullet. [WR p186]

The FBI's tests did not prove conclusively the bullet was fired from a Mannlicher-Carcano or was fired from OSWALD'S Mannlicher-Carcano rifle to the exclusion of all others: "The FBI was unable to reach a conclusion as to whether or not the bullet recovered from the house of General Edwin Walker had been fired from the rifle found in the Texas School Book Depository." The FBI reported: "Bullet submitted as recovered from Walker's home has same physical characteristics as the bullet and bullet fragments recovered in connection with the assassination of President Kennedy. Walker bullet is 6.5 MM caliber bullet fired from a four land and groove, right twist barrel Mannlicher-Carcano rifles of type used in the assassination are among those which produce rifling characteristics such as on Walker bullet. Not possible to determine whether or not Walker fired from rifle used in assassination due to extreme distortion and mutilation and because individual microscopic marks produced by barrel may have changed subsequent to time Walker bullet fired." [Memo R.H. Jevons to Conrad 12.4.63] The FBI Lab Report that this document was based on stated: "The copper jacket and the lead core of the Q188 bullet were determined to be slightly different in compositions from the copper jackets and lead cores of the Q1 and Q2 bullets. Although the differences in composition between the Q-188 and the Q-1 and Q-2 bullets were small and do not indicate that these bullets came from the same box. It is to be noted that there is no assurance in the fabrication of ammunition that all the ammunition ending up in one box possesses bullets from the same batch of metal, that is, with the same composition." [NARA HSCA 180-10100-10288]

The HSCA: "The firearms panel of the committee examined the bullet fragment that was removed from the wall in the home of General Edwin Walker and found that it had characteristics similar to bullets fired from OSWALD'S Mannlicher-Carcano rifle. In addition, neutron activation analysis of this fragment confirmed that it was probably a Mannlicher-Carcano [6.5 millimeter] bullet."

ANALYSIS

HEMMING used OSWALD'S Mannlicher-Carcano rifle to shoot at Walker. Any tests conducted on the bullet would show that it was fired from a rifle whose barrel had the same or similar rifling characteristics to OSWALD'S.

30.06 OR 6.5 MM?

In the original story about the Walker shooting in the Dallas Morning News, Q188 was identified as a 30.06: "Walker was working on his income tax at 9:30 p.m. when the bullet, identified as a 30.06 crashed through a rear window and slammed though a wall next to him."

An early police report described the bullet as "of unknown caliber, steel jacketed." [supp. Offense Report 4.10.63]

General Edwin Walker did not believe that the bullet fired at him was in the possession of the HSCA and he sent this Mailgram to Robert Blakey: "The bullet before your Select Committee called the Walker bullet is not the Walker bullet. It is not the bullet that was fired at me and taken out of my house by the Dallas City Police on April 10, 1963. The bullet you have was never gotten from me, or taken out of my house, by anyone at any time."

THE CHAIN OF EVIDENCE

The FBI investigated General Edwin Walker's contention. Billy Gene Norvell discovered the bullet in the home of General Edwin Walker. On June 3, 1964, Norvell advised an FBI agent that "...he then picked up the bullet and scratched his initials 'B.N.' or his initial 'N' on the base of it." Norvell gave the bullet to B.G. Brown of the Crime Scene Search Section of the Dallas Police Department. Brown stated that he marked the bullet. On April 25, 1963, J.C. Day transported the bullet to the City/County Criminal Investigation Laboratory, where he turned it over to F.T. Alexander and Louie L. Anderson: "Lieutenant Day advised that he retrieved the Walker bullet from the CCCIL on December 2, 1963, and gave it to FBI S.A. Bardwell Odum on that date...S.A. Odum forwarded the Walker bullet to the FBI Laboratory."There, it was initialed JH and RF.

In June 1979 the FBI examined the bullet for the officers initials who were links in the chain of evidence: "Identifiable marks were found inscribed on varying portions of the bullet itself. It must be understood that certain markings are clearly discernible, others admit of more than one interpretation, while others may be obscured by oxidation or otherwise." The markings found were, "Q 188," and letters which appeared to be as follows: "HJ," "RF," "N," "B," "J," "D," "A," "O" or "D." The bullet was contained in an original Dallas Police evidence box: "The cover (top) of the box bears 'HJ, RF, April 10, 1963, 4011 Turtle. CK Burg by F.A. BGB Q 188. The inside bottom of the box bears 'Day 7640' and the outside bottom bears '7640 Day' as well as 'Q 188' and 'Rm.'" [FBI Director to Keuch 62-117290-144 7.3.79]

ANALYSIS

HEMMING owned a 30.06 rifle at this time, however, it was unlikely that he would have utilized it in the Walker attack, when he had OSWALD'S Mannlicher-Carcano rifle at his disposal. The rationale behind the Walker attack was to create a history of violence for OSWALD by linking him to the Walker incident. Firing at Walker with OSWALD'S Mannlicher-Carcano would further this end. The newspaper reporter who stated that the bullet was a 30.06 may have gotten his information from Walker. Walker was convinced the bullet the FBI had was not the one taken from his wall, however, Walker was a crackpot. The initials on the bullet matched those of the police officers who handled it.

THE CRYPTIC FBI DOCUMENT

An FBI document dated December 4, 1963, to the SAC, Dallas, from SA (Deleted), Subject, Edwin A. Walker, Information Concerning, stated: "Assistant Director William C. Sullivan called at 3:10 a.m. and instructed he receive a return telephone call and be filled in on the details relating to the alleged bullet being shot into the home of Edwin Walker. I returned the call and advised Mr. Sullivan that the General Walker shooting details are not contained within the Dallas files. However, I mentioned that a slug obtained from the Dallas Police Department had been sent to the Laboratory for examination, and the transmittal letter reflects the slug was recovered from Walker's home through a window and that no one has been identified as firing the bullet. Mr. Sullivan then instructed that Agents review Dallas newspaper morgues first thing Wednesday morning, November 4, 1963, and the details be obtained and furnished him by teletype. Mr. Sullivan cautioned this be done discreetly since no one knows of OSWALD'S possible involvement in the shooting. Lead (AM, November 4, 1963) Immediately review morgues for new articles on or about April 10, 1963 relating to General Walker shooting. Prepare detailed teletype, attention: Assistant Director Sullivan. Addendum: In connection with the Walker case, FBI S.A. Kenneth Howe advised that (deleted) called him (Howe) on evening of December 3, 1963, and said an unidentified (deleted) mentioned 'I suppose you (deleted) know about it - OSWALD taking a shot at Walker - he admitted to it in a letter to his wife. 2- Dallas (Deleted)'" [FBI 157-218-45 re. 1983]

OVERALL ANALYSIS

OSWALD allegedly chose an enemy of President John F. Kennedy as his first target before assassinating President John F. Kennedy. The HSCA: "Kennedy and Walker hardly shared a common political ideology. As seen in terms of American political thinking, Walker was a staunch conservative, while the President was a liberal...It can be argued, however, that from a Marxist's perspective, they could be regarded as occupying similar positions." Most Communist Party-oriented Marxists believed that certain capitalist forces were more progressive than others and should be encouraged.

The Warren Report stated that OSWALD'S attack on General Edwin Walker betrayed a predisposition to take human life. Once the Warren Commission established this, the Walker attack became probative evidence OSWALD killed President John F. Kennedy. [WR p187] HEMMING told this researcher: "OSWALD didn't do the Walker shooting. The whole clownish story of the Walker shooting: he's gonna ride a bus with a rifle. Oh, he breaks it down, and rides the bus. Then he hides it somewhere in the railroad tracks and picks it up. Jesus Christ.

"Marina had the battered wife syndrome, as they call it today. Let me tell you, if he was doing that kind of xxxx, she would have blown the whistle in a heartbeat to keep her kids. Why should her kids suffer for this kind of activity? In the Soviet Union, whatever you do - your family is going to pay for it. You talk about deterrence of crime, police states have got it. She's gonna come over here, from that kind of society, and she's gonna look around and think this country's any goddamn different? How the xxxx would she know? What would she have done in the Soviet Union if he started talking about hitting the Kremlin? She would have snitched him out. What was the difference in her frame of mind between living in Minsk and living in Dallas, Texas. No difference. Whatever she would have done there, she would have done in Dallas. So all this bullxxxx about her being aware, this was to dirty her up, to get her to admit that kind of xxxx.

"We got suspicious of Walker when he went out there just a short time after somebody took a shot at him, yet we were sitting in Walker's study with the curtains open, the lights on, bullxxxxting with Walker until 5:00 a.m. in the morning. We're thinking, 'What's gonna keep the rig from coming back?' And we're sitting there with him. He took no security precautions at all after the shooting. Either this guy's a total xxxxing nut or he knows something we don't know. Me and Howard Davis are kinda wondering if he must have had something to do with setting it up himself. This was May 1963. We were out there again in July and we were wondering, 'Maybe Walker's people set it up to promote Walker?' Or maybe some of the right wing people in Dallas, to promote Walker, conned OSWALD into you know, all speculation. Walker had already met with some of our Texas financial backers. The backers were backing Walker. We hadn't elected Walker our leader."

THE SOVIET VISA

On April 18, 1963, the Soviet Embassy, Washington, sent Marina Oswald a letter requesting that she come in for an interview. If this was impossible, it suggested she furnish her reasons for beginning proceedings for permission to enter the Soviet Union for permanent residence in writing. Marina Oswald did not follow up on her request until June 1963. Then she informed the Soviets that her husband would be accompanying her back to the Soviet Union. Marina Oswald and LEE OSWALD had planned to separate, now they were back together again. HEMMING told this researcher: "It could have been a homesick thing, Cubans, Russians, everybody goes through this xxxx. But when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, where she's got to make the decision voluntarily - and he's talking about going back? We are led to believe that he's trying to convince her to go back because she's supposedly writing these letters for him to the Soviet Embassy in D.C. And he's going back? Bullxxxx. Did you get what I just said?" Marina Oswald told this researcher: "He made me to write letters to Embassy. Go away. He cannot tell me why."

OSWALD AND THE FAIR PLAY FOR CUBA COMMITTEE

The Warren Commission stated "Some time between April 12, 1963, and April 18, 1963, OSWALD distributed Fair Play for Cuba Committee materials in Dallas apparently uneventfully." OSWALD wrote a letter on April 19, 1963, to the Fair Play for Cuba Committee in New York, requesting literature and announcing he had already distributed Fair Play for Cuba Committee pamphlets in Dallas:

L.H. OSWALD

P.O. Box 2915

Dallas, Texas.

Dear Sirs: I do not like to ask for something for nothing but I am unemployed. Since I am unemployed, I stood yesterday for the first time in my life, with a placare around my neck, passing out fair play for cuba pamplets, ect. I only had 15 or so. In 40 minutes they were all gone. I was cursed as well as praised by some. My homemake placard said: 'HANDS OFF CUBA! VIVA Fidel. I now ask for 40 or (50) more of the fine, basic pamplets - 14."

HEMMING told this researcher: "Never happened. The White Russians wouldn't have stood for it. He never gave out the leaflets. There were no pro-Castro demonstrations in Dallas. He would have got his ass kicked.

The FBI had several informants in the Fair Play for Cuba Committee and had burglarized the offices of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. On April 21, 1963, the FBI in New York City became aware of OSWALD'S letter.

HOSTY, OSWALD & FAIR PLAY CUBA COMMITTEE JUNE 1963

The news about OSWALD'S contact with the Fair Play for Cuba Committee did not reach S.A. Hosty until early June 1963. The FBI: "A Special Agent in New York was censured for failing to promptly disseminate information on the Fair Play for Cuba to Dallas concerning OSWALD. Another Special Agent in New York was censured for failing to insure that Fair Play for Cuba information concerning OSWALD was more promptly disseminated to Dallas." S.A. Hosty had been instructed to be on the alert for Fair Play for Cuba Committee activities in Dallas, yet when he received the telex about OSWALD'S leafleting, he claimed the information was "stale." He made no attempt to verify OSWALD'S claim of having distributed leaflets: "When I got it, it was approximately six or seven weeks old, past the date it allegedly took place..."

ANALYSIS

S.A. Hosty refused to investigate OSWALD despite his contacts with the notorious and highly subversive Fair Play for Cuba Committee.

THE FAIR PLAY FOR CUBA COMMITTEE

When the Fair Play for Cuba Committee was first formed, the CIA commented: "We bet this one winds up on the Attorney General's list." The announcement of the formation of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee was made on April 5, 1960, at a cocktail party given by Cuban Consulate. On April 6, 1960, a full-page advertisement in The New York Times listed Richard Gibson, authors James Baldwin, Truman Capote, Norman Mailer, Jean Paul Sartre, Robert Taber (a Robert Taber born May 10, 1919; died in September 1981) and others as sponsors.

ROBERT TABER

Robert Taber's CIA file reflected allegations that he served a term in the penitentiary in the 1930's for armed robbery. It was reported in 1950 he was a Communist. He became interested in Fidel Castro's revolutionary movement in 1957, when he served in the mountains with the Castro forces. A Passport Record check in 1962 noted that he may have lost his U.S. citizenship because of this. A 1960 Domestic Contacts Division report categorized him as a resentful, frustrated foreign correspondent. He received extensive publicity in 1961 when he defected to Cuba because he was facing a perjury charge in the United States: he had testified before the House Un-American Activities Committee that the full-page advertisement in The New York Times was paid through voluntary contributions, but the FBI developed evidence that Cuba's delegation to the United Nations advanced the money. [CIA F82-0489] Fifteen months later Robert Taber returned to the United States and was questioned in closed session by the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee. In March 1964 Robert Taber applied for employment with the CIA. The CIA's Office of Security rejected him because "In view of Subject's notorious background, which raises serious questions on his honesty, loyalty, integrity and (deleted) trustworthiness, (deleted). Leo J. Dunn." [CIA Memo 3.13.64 Chief, Personnel Security Division] HEMMING told this researcher: "Taber went up in the mountains for the Agency. He put out money for a hit on Fidel. St. George went up there. He was a stalking horse to take out Fidel. He had a price on his head."

The CIA believed the Fair Play for Cuba Committee was controlled and financed by Cuba. It uncovered evidence that a U.S. national in the Fair Play for Cuba Committee had been given the monopoly on the distribution of Cuban cigars. [CIA F82-0489/3] The Fair Play for Cuba Committee immediately came under intensive FBI investigation. [CIA F82-0489/28; F82-0489/2] By January 1961 the Justice Department solicited its registration as a Cuban Government agency. However, the organization advised through an attorney that it would not register. The Justice Department had already forced the 26th of July Movement to register, listing its foreign principal as the 26th of July Movement, Havana, Cuba. In April 1961 the Fair Play for Cuba Committee charged that the CIA organized troops to invade Cuba, and were training in Louisiana, Florida, and Guatemala, in violation of the Charter of the United Nations. [NYT 4.18.61] The CIA penetrated the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. According to the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Richard Helms, to "monitor" a group was merely to attend its public meetings and hear what any citizen present would hear; to "infiltrate" a group was to join it as a member and appear to support its purposes in general; to "penetrate" a group was to gain a leadership position, and influence or direct its policies and actions. [RR fn p152] In 1979 Richard Helms was asked if he was familiar with the Fair Play for Cuba Committee: "I recall the name Fair Play for Cuba Committee, but I can't, for the life of me, remember whether it was pro-Castro or anti-Castro at this stage.

Source:

Edited by Malcolm Ward

Fascinating. I particularly liked this odd puzzlement.:

the Post Office?

The Warren Commission: "Although the possibilities of investigation in this area are limited, there is no evidence that any of [OSWALD'S three boxes] were ever used for the surreptitious receipt of messages...The single outstanding key was recovered from OSWALD immediately after he was taken in custody." [WR p312]

.obviously it's the 'instanding' keys that are of interest.

Malcom, here is my feedback on your post about James P. Hosty and the Walker shooting of 10 April 1963.

William McDuff, a young, bisexual, ne'er-do-well, was a houseguest of ex-General Walker's and one of Walker's favorite people. Here is how he fit into the scandal.

In early October, 1963, Walker had spent only five days at the Springfield Mental Ward in Missouri out of the 90-day evaluation period that RFK had demanded. Walker's return to Dallas was in the newspapers; McDuff read the papers and decided to visit Walker. McDuff rang the doorbell and told Walker that he was a visitor from Scotland, on a student Visa, living in his car at the moment, a former Army soldier, and he was a big fan of Walker's. He asked if he could volunteer to work for the American Eagle Publishing company for room and board only. Walker was charmed by McDuff and allowed him to move in right away.

General Walker's closest associates, Robert Allen Surrey and Julia Knecht, who had their offices inside Walker's personal home at 4011 Turtle Creet Boulevard in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas, didn't like McDuff. (Surrey was Walker's business partner in American Eagle as well as a publisher for the American Nazi Party, and Julia Knecht was Walker's volunteer secretary, basically for life. Walker trusted them completely.)

Clyde Watts, Walker's attorney, did not like McDuff either. All three thought McDuff was a leech and a con-man. But Walker very much liked having McDuff around. Surrey and Knecht watched McDuff like a hawk -- they believed he would steal silverware if they didn't watch him.

McDuff told Walker he had to study a great deal, to ensure his Visa was up-to-date, so he would often be found reading books. Walker said that was OK by him. Although McDuff did work for the American Eagle Publishing Company for a few days, he soon tired of the job and instead just hung around the house reading books. Surrey and Knecht objected, but Walker was still delighted that McDuff was there.

McDuff was never really an 'employee' of Walker's -- he was a personal house guest. Because Walker was gay, his relationship with McDuff was most likely personal. No matter what anybody told Walker about McDuff, Walker always laughed it off. (Even as late as 1964, when the Warren Commission asked Walker about McDuff, Walker expressed his enduring fondness for McDuff.)

When ex-General Edwin Walker went on his coast-to-coast "Midnight Ride" tour with segregationist preacher Reverend Billy James Hargis, starting in February, 1963, he left McDuff at home with those two hostile co-workers -- Robert Allen Surrey and Julia Knecht, who were always trying to dig up dirt on him.

Surrey would sneak into McDuff's room and filter through his personal effects. He concluded on the basis of old airplane tickets that McDuff was not really Scottish at all. Julia Knecht heard from local women that McDuff had multiple girl-friends, and he was getting money from them all by promising to marry them. (While this was unethical, it was not actually illegal.) But they thought McDuff had to go, so, with Walker on the road, one day in March they just packed up McDuff's belongings and put his suitcase outside the door. That was that.

After General Walker returned from the "Midnight Ride" tour on 9 April 1963, he was bitterly disappointed to learn that McDuff "decided to move out." He wanted to know where he went, and if he could talk McDuff into coming back. Surrey and Knecht only said, "good riddance."

Surrey added some bad news, anyway. Just last night Surrey chased away two men in a car who had been snooping around the back of Walker's house. He did not see their faces, but he followed their car in his car. When they turned back, he thought they spotted him, and since he didn't have a gun, he sped away. He called the police, who had no leads.

Then, on the night of 10 April 1963, as Walker was doing his taxes at his dinner table, a rifle shot whizzed by his ear, missing his head by inches. When he saw a hole in the wall behind him, he sped upstairs to get his pistol, and then rushed out into the backyard, to hear a car speeding away, as neighbors gathered to share information. Walker quickly called the police, and then joined his neighbors to hear their stories. Two local boys had heard the commotion, and one boy saw two men run into a car in the Mormon Temple parking lot across the alley from Walker's back yard. They sped away. A third man slowly got into his car in the parking lot, and quietly drove away.

The Dallas police quickly came, and took down the boys' story. They examined the backyard fence, and found a burn mark where the rifle had been positioned. They saw Walker's window sill, where the bullet barely grazed, deflecting the shot just enough to miss its target. The policeman remarked that this was no prank -- a shot that close was intended to kill.

General Walker and the police found the spent bullet in the bedroom behind the wall. Walker picked it up and saw that it was badly mutilated. He gave it to the Dallas policemen.

The next day the news was all over the Dallas newspapers, radio and TV. Who would do such a thing in this law-abiding town? Robert Allen Surrey and Julia Knecht thought they knew who -- William McDuff! They told the Dallas Police everything they knew about William McDuff -- they knew he was no damn good the minute they saw him.

Robert Allen Surrey also told his long-time bridge partner and FBI agent, James P. Hosty, about the scandal. But it was basically a police matter, suggested Hosty.

Even though the Dallas police put out an all-points bulletin to arrest McDuff, ex-General Edwin Walker said he could not in the slightest believe that young William was capable of anything so underhanded. Anyway, as much dirt as possible was dug up on McDuff, but none of it really stuck. McDuff had an alibi that was corroborated by several people, and he passed a lie detector exam with flying colors. It wasn't McDuff. The case was left unsolved.

Walker was relieved. He never believed McDuff was a bad person. McDuff, however, left Dallas at that point.

LEE HARVEY OSWALD AND LARRIE SCHMIDT

The Walker case was officially solved on December 3, 1963, when Marina Oswald told the FBI and the world that Lee Harvey Oswald had been the shooter -- by his own confession to her on that very night.

For the Warren Commission - that was all they wanted to hear. Lee Oswald tended to 'gaslight' Marina, that is, he kept her in the dark and let her have as little information as possible about his activities. But the Warren Commission didn't want to dig deeper. Marina's information fit their needs, and they declined to dig deeper.

But in the early 1990's Dick Russell (TMWKTM) learned some special information about the Walker shooting -- Lee Harvey Oswald had lied to Marina. He was not alone that night. Nor was he on foot. The truth was told by Larrie Schmidt and his brother Bob, whose organization, "Conservatism USA," had been trying to take over all the Dallas right-wing groups, including the American Eagle Publishing Company. They lived in Dallas, and they decided to kill General Walker.

Larrie and Bob somehow got ahold of Lee Harvey Oswald and convinced him to help them kill Walker. (Larrie gave no details about how they came to know Oswald.) The three of them made plans, photographs, and diagrams over a long period of time, and then drove to Walker's house that night and fired one shot. Missing Walker, they panicked and sped away. Dick Russell finds this story believable, and so do I. (Larrie and his group, in cooperation with Surrey, Walker, the Hunts and the John Birch Society, were responsible for designing the WANTED FOR TREASON: JFK handbill, as well as the black-bordered ad, WELCOME MR. KENNEDY, in the Dallas Morning News.)

I find no convincing evidence whatsoever that Gerry Patrick Hemming tried to shoot Walker. If anybody has some, I would like to see it. It is true that Hemming and the Interpen boys did visit Walker a few days after the shooting, and remarked about how cool and collected Walker was. But that was Walker's personality -- he always struggled to be totally in control.

DE MOHRENSHILDT

As for George and Jeanne De Mohrenschildt, they were worried sick that Oswald might have been the shooter. Along with Volkmar Schmidt (whom De Mohrenschildt knew very well, and called him "the Jew" in his affidafit to the HSCA, knowing very well that Volkmar Schmidt was German) and also Michael Paine, George De Mohrenschildt tried to conduct an experiment with Lee Harvey Oswald. (George loved playing with people's minds.)

Lee Oswald had been repeating the standard Marine slogan -- that JFK was to blame for the Bay of Pigs. De Mohrenschildt and his friends were sick of it, and Volkmar Schmidt, an oil engineer but an amateur psychologist, told George and his friends in January, 1963, that he could transfer Oswald's hostility toward JFK away from JFK and toward ex-General Edwin Walker.

Walker had been in the news in January when he was acquitted by a Grand Jury in Mississippi for his role in the race riots at Ole Miss University in Oxford, Mississippi in which hundreds were wounded and two were killed. Walker simply walked. De Mohrenschildt, Paine and Schmidt were all enraged at ex-General Walker for that, and they began to work on Lee Harvey Oswald.

At the party in January, 1963, Volkmark Schmidt worked on Oswald "for at least an hour" transferring his hostility. In De Mohreschildt's affidavit to the HSCA, he admits he and Oswald began calling General Walker "General Fokker" and laughing. They began calling Volkmar Schmidt, "Messer Schmidt". They put the pressure on. Oswald snapped. In March he bought weapons, and decided to become a "Hunter of Fascists."

Oswald made a book of photographs of Walker's residence. Diagrams. Plans. Schedules. He had Marina take a picture of himself and made photographic reproductions at Jaggers-Chiles-Stovall, and generally used their equipment for personal reasons so much that they fired him. He didn't care. He kept at it until on 10 April 1963, Oswald along with Larrie and Bob Schmidt, drove to Edwin Walker's home and tried to kill him.

That was too much for George and Jeanne De Mohrenschildt. They didn't expect that result. They didn't want that result. See, George's relationship with the Oswalds had been set by the CIA. George's job was to find out if Oswald was a KGB agent, or anything else. George's reward for this work was a contact name and a letter of recommendation for a lucrative oil deal in Haiti. However, by playing with Oswald's mind along with Volkmar Schmidt (and probably Michael Paine) George De Mohrenschildt really messed up his deal with the CIA. He could lose everything.

George and Jeanne were worried sick on 11 April 1963 when they heard that somebody tried to kill Walker. They came up with a lie to get into the Oswald home and find evidence. They bought June Oswald a toy bunny and drove to the Oswald home at 10pm on Saturday night, and woke them up. They put on a happy face, but Jeanne anxiously scoured the house for evidence until she found a rifle with a scope. She shouted out the fact to George, who nervously asked, "Lee, did you take a pot-shot at Walker last night?" Lee and Marina just froze. Then George started laughing, and they all laughed, and that was the end of the night. The De Mohrenschildts left as quickly as possible, and never saw the Oswalds again. They were terrified that this could come back to haunt them. Boy, did it ever.

CONCLUSIONS

So yes, George and Jeanne De Mohrenschildt lied to the Warren Commission by claiming know little or nothing about the Walker shooting, when actually they knew a lot about it. So did Michael and Ruth Paine. The Warren Commission never tried to find out more about the shooting, either, which always angered ex-General Edwin Walker.

I believe my theory harmonizes fairly well with most of the Warren Commission testimony.

What I found out from the Briscoe Center, however, is not in the Warren Commission volumes -- namely -- that ex-General Edwin Walker, with his many connections, found out on Easter Sunday that Oswald had been one of his two shooters, and that the De Mohrenschildts had learned about it but failed to go to the police, and that the Paine's also had information that they refused to take to the police.

Walker guessed right -- the De Mohrenschildts and the Paines hated his guts. But he wasn't surprised. He would not get mad. He would get even. Oswald was about to be sheep-dipped. In only two more weeks, Lee Harvey Oswald would be living in New Orleans, under the control of Guy Banister and David Ferrie -- associates of General Walker in clandestine paramilitary activities. This is where the evidence is leading me.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

A lot of information there Paul.Quite a lot to be going on.

The information I posted was intended to see if you had seen it before,and receive your opinion on it.Which you have provided in abundance.Many thanks.

I think the earlier information I provided originally came from the Books,

COUP D'ETAT IN AMERICA

This site has a 4,000 page database that you can download in pdf format.If you are interested,here is the site.

http://www.ajweberman.com/coupt5.htm

Edited by Malcolm Ward

the Post Office?

The Warren Commission: "Although the possibilities of investigation in this area are limited, there is no evidence that any of [OSWALD'S three boxes] were ever used for the surreptitious receipt of messages...The single outstanding key was recovered from OSWALD immediately after he was taken in custody." [WR p312]

Just to elaborate a bit on this. : Harry Holmes checked the key out from the evidence room that eve. Not only how, but why? Certainly not to gain access to the box.

Are there any clear photos of both sides of the key? I know of the DPD ones, but they're crap.

Obviously, a postal inspector didn't need a key to access a PO box.

So I, too, am curious about what Holmes was up to when he checked that key out.

the Post Office?

Just to elaborate a bit on this. : Harry Holmes checked the key out from the evidence room that eve. Not only how, but why? Certainly not to gain access to the box.

Are there any clear photos of both sides of the key? I know of the DPD ones, but they're crap.

Good catch, John. Priscilla Johnson-McMillan once insisted that Lee Oswald always rented post office boxes every time he moved so that he could receive Communist newspapers without alarming his landladies. It makes absolutely no sense to me that a brazen exhibitionist like Lee Oswald would be so polite and proper for his landlords. He wanted to be in the newspapers, on the radio and on TV, but he didn't want his landladies to know? No way.

On the contrary, it's common knowledge that spies (even junior spies) used post office boxes to receive orders, secret messages and payments. (Oswald was known to regularly cash checks other than payroll or unemployment checks at local businesses.) Oswald possessed a miniature Minolta camera, which was quite expensive in 1963. He was probably an amateur spy who had money problems because his employers gave him low marks for his work.

Notice, too, that the Warren Commission's first conclusion was that Oswald did not receive "messages" in these post office boxes. That was to support their opening deception -- that Oswald was never paid by the FBI for information. Because, if the FBI had been paying Oswald for spy work, it would have been accomplished using post office boxes -- the standard method.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

the Post Office?

Good catch, John. Priscilla Johnson-McMillan once insisted that Lee Oswald always rented post office boxes every time he moved so that he could receive Communist newspapers without alarming his landladies. It makes absolutely no sense to me that a brazen exhibitionist like Lee Oswald would be so polite and proper for his landlords. He wanted to be in the newspapers, on the radio and on TV, but he didn't want his landladies to know? No way.

Are you sure it was irrelevant whether his landlords knew he was publicly a 'pariah'? Anyway, that's irrelevant. He said it was his way of managing his mail without having to inform whoever by using redirects (was the Time mag subscribed to after he rented the box). This also leaves a trail in the System via the USPO.

On the contrary, it's common knowledge that spies (even junior spies) used post office boxes to receive orders, secret messages and payments. (Oswald was known to regularly cash checks other than payroll or unemployment checks at local businesses.) Oswald possessed a miniature Minolta camera, which was quite expensive in 1963. He was probably an amateur spy who had money problems because his employers gave him low marks for his work.

Notice, too, that the Warren Commission's first conclusion was that Oswald did not receive "messages" in these post office boxes. That was to support their opening deception -- that Oswald was never paid by the FBI for information. Because, if the FBI had been paying Oswald for spy work, it would have been accomplished using post office boxes -- the standard method.

HDH was FBI informant DA-T7. He didn't need a key to check the box.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Are you sure it was irrelevant whether his landlords knew he was publicly a 'pariah'? Anyway, that's irrelevant. He said it was his way of managing his mail without having to inform whoever by using redirects (was the Time mag subscribed to after he rented the box). This also leaves a trail in the System via the USPO.

HDH was FBI informant DA-T7. He didn't need a key to check the box.

John, you're right about the irrelevance of landlords in Oswald's strategy to keep PO boxes everywhere he lived. If a PO box kept a snoopy landlady away from his mail, that was a side-benefit. IMHO, Oswald's main purpose in demanding PO boxes within every city he lived was professional.

Also, you're right that no Postmaster needed a key to check a PO box; many Postmasters were FBI informants, and the FBI had quick access to the contents of anybody's PO box in 1963. The real problem, IMHO, was that the FBI already knew what was in Oswald's PO boxes, and was more interested in hiding that information, rather than revealing it.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I agree.

I'd say the same with the contemporary terminology that Holmes was a Postal Inspector who worked in then USPO's Postal Inspection Department which was responsible for the carrying out of directions that came directly from the Heads of the CIA. The Post Master General presided over, and was a Cabinet minister, the USPO. J. E, Day was visited and received his instruction in a couple of weeks after taking office. (he was later moved on as a result of a Civil Rights infraction mid '63 and replaced by Gronowski who refused this request , and by 'Nixon the USPO no longer existed and PI's had moved on.). Who the head of the PI Dep of the USPO was I don't know. I don't know of anyone who has looked in to it.

Anyway, not only was Holmes an FBI informant with every right to inspect any mail he was separated, if not less, by two persons from the 'Top'.

I think here it is important to consider the USPO-PI history paying particular attention to the head of the Confederate PO, and even look back to Benjamin's establishment of the PI Department he had created and how the PMG became not only patronaged but also an automatic Cabinet member. (till Nixon that is)

Paul,I found this on the Walker shooting,don't know how reliable it is.The article also appears to have a lot of info on other characters.Many more pages than I am posting.

..HEMMING IN DALLAS: APRIL 1963

An FBI document confirmed that HEMMING was in Dallas in April 1963 just before someone took a pot shot at General Walker on April 10, 1963. On April 11, 1963, the FBI generated a document titled "FBI, Dallas, Texas. Subject: GERALD PATRICK HEMMING, Lorenzo Hall, Dallas, Texas 2-65 (field) 2-1693 (Bureau)." HEMMING denied being in Dallas at this time and said he wasn't there until July 1963...

Source:

http://www.combat-di...hapter12/21.htm

Malcom, in a separate interview Gerry Patrick Hemming admitted he was in Dallas in May 1963, and then once again in July 1963. Here's the quote:

"We got suspicious of Walker when he went out there just a short time after somebody took a shot at him, yet we were sitting in Walker's study with the curtains open, the lights on, bullxxxxting with Walker until 5:00 a.m. in the morning. We're thinking, 'What's gonna keep the rig from coming back?' And we're sitting there with him. He took no security precautions at all after the shooting. Either this guy's a total xxxxing nut or he knows something we don't know. Me and Howard Davis are kinda wondering if he must have had something to do with setting it up himself. This was May 1963. We were out there again in July and we were wondering, 'Maybe Walker's people set it up to promote Walker?' Or maybe some of the right wing people in Dallas, to promote Walker, conned OSWALD into you know, all speculation. Walker had already met with some of our Texas financial backers. The backers were backing Walker. We hadn't elected Walker our leader."

In contrast to that tone, I'd like to share a letter from Gerry Patrick Hemming addressed to ex-General Edwin A. Walker in June of 1963, on the occasion of Walker sending INTERPEN $600 (i.e. $6,000 in today's dollars). As everybody knows, INTERPEN was Gerry Patrick Hemming's mercenary organization that made raids on Cuba, and continually solicited funds from all across the country to do so.

- - - - - begin Hemming's letter to ex-General Edwin Walker - - - - -

GERRY PATRICK

c/o Davis

3350 N.W. 18 Terr.

Miami, 35, Fla.

General Edwin A. Walker June 28, 1963

4011 Turtle Creek Blvd.

Dallas, 19, Texas.

Dear General Walker:

Please convey my best wishes to your family and friends, and I hope this letter finds you enjoying good health and work.

On behalf of the men of that serve in our Instructor Teams, and many others that serve in supporting roles, I want to convey the sincere gratitude of the entire Para-Military Liaison Group (volunteer) for your rapid response to call for assistance.

I received the six hundred dollars via Western Union later in the evening of the same day of my telephone call. Yesterday I received your check of the same amount which I am enclosing for return.

Allow me to elaborate on last weeks happenings. Four of my instructors were arrested by federal agents Wednesday night (June 19, 1963) and subsequently have languished in the hot, humid and badly ventilated Country Jail. These young men were well aware of the risks involved when they volunteered for a difficult and distasteful job. All four have been serving as volunteer instructors and liaison operative for the past three years, without pay, and with great personal sacrifice and hazard.

Of these men, Richard Whatley, a veteran of the U.S. Special Forces (Airborne), was captured by Mexican authorities last year, while on a mission to the Yucatan Peninsula. He and one other instructor were destined to be starved, tortured and degraded for a period of seven months before they were finally released. The Mexicans handed them over to the FBI at the border and they were again jailed at San Antonio, Texas, on a trumped up charge of auto theft. This charge was finally dropped three weeks later because the FBI "discovered" that the legal owner of the alleged stolen car was Howard K. Davis, my colleague and fellow senior instructor. Davis is a former Airborne Ranger, Korean veteran, Paramedic and is a veteran of the Sierra Maestre fighting in Cuba (1957 - 1958).

The aforementioned ex-Special Forces operative was present the night of our detention by Customs agents at Marathon Key, Florida, (December 3, 1962). He held no desire to return to confinement after only two short months of freedom from a Mexican prison. He did successfully avoid capture, and accompanied by his partner from Mexico, made his way safely to another island and later traveled to our camp at No Name Key.

Two months later, during February this year, Dick Whatley and three other instructors were assigned a mission that again involved crossing Mexico to Honduras.

None of these men hesitated for a moment in accepting this assignment, even though it meant that should the Mexicans intercept them, they would, without doubt, spend many more months inside a Mexican prison. During four months they moved all over Central America and Mexico. They established excellent new contacts and reaffirmed old ones, and thus will benefit our future operations in those areas.

That mission cost them greatly in personal health, and hard earned funds. One of them required hospitalization on return to Miami. They all required medical treatment for skin ulcers, malnutrition, dysentery and other intestinal disorders, but only one, James Lewis, required surgery to remove fissures aggravated by the dysentery.

You can image what our moral problems are here. A great percentage of the men that serve as volunteer instructors to the Cuban Freedom Fighters usually are forced to quit after two or three embittered months. These men are mostly former Special Forces G/W instructors or are veterans of the Army Airborne, Marine Corps Para-Recon and other branches of the service and have received equivalent instruction. Men of this caliber are hard to come by, and harder to keep on the job once they find what the situation is.

Most of these men leave their homes, jobs and benefits to serve as volunteers without pay, plus they must purchase their own arms and equipment, which very often is later confiscated by the U.S. authorities. A man can take just so much of that and then he disobeys his own conscience and decides that Cuba and the fight against Communists is not worth it. Many of the volunteer instructors bring their hard earned savings with them and donate their all to the cause.

It is hard enough to instruct, go hungry for days, live like an animal for weeks, without having the added discomfiture of knowing the monthly wages you could have earned, are gone down the drain forever. The instructor that underwent surgery, James A. Lewis, since has been on a mandatory rest leave for two months. Jim is a licensed sailing skipper and is at present earning $650 per month, enjoying himself at his favorite hobby. He is Captain of a windjammer that hauls tourists around the Bahamas on the delightful ten day cruises. He is a typical salary level for our men. We have six others that are on rest leave at present.

Normal procedure dictates that we require all our instructors to acquire seaman's papers so that if they need a vacation, they don't have to leave the general area in order to earn a good salary. This means they can go to sea for a month or two and earn an average of $475 per month. The lowest-salary man in the group is a mechanic that earns $455 per month at Miami Airport. Quite routinely they donate their earnings towards maintaining the camp, arms, equipment, gasoline, and in many cases they aid a Cuban group...

Much of our personal equipment, arms, clothing, etc. has been sent or delivered by us to the guerillas inside Cuba. At Marathon we lost about $6000 worth of arms and equipment confiscated by the authorities, not including the value of two automobiles, medicine and drugs, gasoline, charts, tools, spare parts etc.

We, as a group, feel that it is for a good cause, Our Country. We plan to continue as before, a small group contributing a small effort towards a big cause. Some of our men, Americans and Cubans, have in the past been captured and executed by Castro. Some are still in Cuban prisons. We cannot forget them or turn our backs and ignore their great contribution, their loss of life or liberty. I expect we will be arrested and jailed many more times before Castro is overthrown. We undoubtedly will lose more men on future operations, but we know this; when the Cuban prisoners are freed, when the mothers of the dead are to be faced, the first question on their lips will be: "What did you do during the fight against Castro?" I feel that when that day arrives, our group can answer, "Very little, but we were there."

Once again I want to thank you and reiterate that your loan of assisting funds will be returned shortly. Must close now, but hoping to hear from you soon, and with best personal wishes, I am,

GERALD PATRICK HEMMING Jr.

(JERRY PATRICK)

- - - - - end Hemming's letter to ex-General Edwin Walker - - - - -

Two members of Hemming's INTERPEN included Lorenzo Pacillo (Loran Hall) and Alonzo Escruido (Larry Howard).

This letter, therefore, establishes a connection between Walker and Hall/Howard, thereby confirming Harry Dean's controversial claim that ex-General Edwin Walker had a political connection with Loran Hall and Larry Howard in mid-1963.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo