The Education Forum

Edwin Walker

Jim Root

Of course Steven - the lines Trejo draws between so called civilians like Bringuier, Banister, Ferrie, even Walker, and the CIA agents surrounding all the events leading to the assassination are imaginary. You and I and most everyone reading this are civilians. Guys with CIA control agents, guys with 30 years history in the military or the FBI are not civilians. Assets are not civilians. Dirty operations performed by assets are not rogue.

Paul - I hardly know what to think of your paint by numbers pictures. Phillips - you define him as if the only thing he cared about was Cuba. What can one say to that?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This evening I noticed something which I wanted to share because of Paul Trejo's previous message (#1479 on page 99 of the "Memoirs" thread) in which Paul described my FOIA research as follows:

"You have spent a lot of years and a lot of money filling out FOIA requests for the FBI, and you've identified 'tens of thousands of pages' of mostly useless junk -- which interests almost nobody but yourself -- and you're 'ecstatic' "

This evening, I checked my FOIA collection which has been posted on Internet Archive and I noticed that their entire website has undergone a major design revision.

Aside from a totally new graphic presentation, the Archive now posts the number of downloads which users have made for both each general subject category (they use the word "collection") along with the number of downloads for each individual item uploaded onto their website in each "collection".

You may see the new format here: https://archive.org/details/lazarfoia?and[]=mediatype%3A%22collection%22

In my case, my "collection" currently consists of 10 general subject categories consisting of 1668 individual items (aka files).

As of this evening, users have downloaded my FBI files a total of 161,665 times!

The top 3 categories which have the current highest number of downloads are as follows:

(1) Extreme Right Individuals and Organizations = 56,317 downloads of 552 items

(2) A-Z General Files = 29,687 downloads of 273 items

(3) FBI employee files = 24,346 downloads of 239 items

I guess that is what Paul Trejo considers to be "mostly useless junk which interests nobody but yourself".

One wonders if Paul would care to share with us the statistics concerning number of downloads on his webpage pertaining to Edwin Walker?

Tonite, I finished my new 29-page Finding Aid (subjects in alpha order) which includes scores of new FBI files and other material which will be sent to Internet Archive next week for uploading (and yes--this will include Harry Dean's FBI-HQ, FBI-Los Angeles and CIA files).

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Ernie, is there any mention in any of the files of the White Camellias?

Ernie, is there any mention in any of the files of the White Camellias?

Are you referring to the group headed by George Deatherage which was called Knights of the White Camellia? Deatherage was a JBS member and he was a close friend of Tyler G. Kent, the U.S. State Department code clerk in London during World War II who was convicted of passing information to Nazi Germany. Kent settled in Florida after the war and published the Putnam County Weekly Sun in Satsuma FL. Kent was a financial contributor to Deatherage and I think Deatherage contributed columns to Kent's anti-semitic paper -- under the alias of George Calvert.

Deatherage founded the Knights of the White Camellia in 1934 but it was defunct by 1936. He also was associated with prominent 1930's and 1940's anti-semites who founded the American Christian Nationalist Party. In 1960 Deatherage was "Regional Director" of America First in Satsuma FL.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

The Harry Dean thread was locked because there was no new evidence being presented, It was the same old arguments being rehashed...THAT is what was "overdone" there.

Any NEW information is always welcome on these forums, especially documentary evidence from a Freedom of Information Act search.

hey lazar old chap, curiosity persuades me to wonder the why of your odd and unrelentingly continuous concern with Dean's files, especially since

such has been determined by wise administrators as overdone, locked out and to me prejudicial and subverting.

I don't understand your question or your description.

You seem to not want anybody to know anything factual about your supposed involvement with "intelligence agencies". I guess you prefer that everybody just take your word for everything.

Of course Steven - the lines Trejo draws between so called civilians like Bringuier, Banister, Ferrie, even Walker, and the CIA agents surrounding all the events leading to the assassination are imaginary. You and I and most everyone reading this are civilians. Guys with CIA control agents, guys with 30 years history in the military or the FBI are not civilians. Assets are not civilians. Dirty operations performed by assets are not rogue.

Paul - I hardly know what to think of your paint by numbers pictures. Phillips - you define him as if the only thing he cared about was Cuba. What can one say to that?

Well, Paul B., I can't agree that people who were not CIA Officers should be counted as CIA -- that could only be proposed by somebody biased against the CIA and wants to attribute to them all these street-thugs, pimps, drug-pushers and other riff-raff. That would be the fastest way to make the CIA look bad.

Joan Mellen (following Jim Garrison) was simply mistaken when she supposed that Fred Crisman and Thomas Beckham were "CIA". Beckham wasn't just a high-school dropout -- he was a GRAMMAR school drop-out.

Beckham might have been used as a CIA asset, but Joan Mellen fails to prove that case. The best she can do is show that Beckham was an asset of Fred Crisman -- and she presumes that Crisman was CIA, without hard evidence. Crisman was a flim-flam man, and like David Ferrie he probably pretended to be in the CIA to get dates in New Orleans. This would explain the "buzz" in the underworld that Ferrie and Crisman were "CIA".

They weren't.

It's like Steven Gaal trying to make Jack Ruby into the same stature as Allen Dulles in the eyes of a common superior -- it's REACHING.

So, in response -- yes, even if somebody has several years in the military and has worked as a gopher for the CIA for a long time -- HE'S STILL NOT A CIA OFFICER, and he can still be a pimp, a street-thug, a drug-pusher, a hit-man, or any other sort of riff-raff on the street.

The CIA like the FBI has never been above hiring criminals and thugs to do dirty work. That doesn't make them CIA Officers.

Take Lee Harvey Oswald, for example. He wanted to be an Intelligence Agent so bad he could taste it. He would probably have done ANYTHING to get a job in the CIA. He might even stick his neck out so far that somebody like Guy Banister would chop it off.

Sincerely,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Well, Paul B., I can't agree that people who were not CIA Officers should be counted as CIA -- that could only be proposed by somebody biased against the CIA and wants to attribute to them all these street-thugs, pimps, drug-pushers and other riff-raff. This would be the fastest way to make the anti-CIA case.

Joan Mellen (following Jim Garrison) was simply mistaken when she supposed that Fred Crisman and Thomas Beckham were "CIA". Beckham wasn't just a high-school dropout -- he was a GRAMMAR school drop-out.

Beckham might have been used as a CIA asset, but Joan Mellen fails to prove that case. The best she can do is show that Beckham was an asset of Fred Crisman -- and she presumes that Crisman was CIA, without hard evidence. Crisman was a flim-flam man, and like David Ferrie he probably pretended to be in the CIA to get dates in New Orleans. This would explain the "buzz" in the underworld that Ferrie and Crisman were "CIA".

They weren't.

It's like Steven Gaal trying to make Jack Ruby into the same stature as Allen Dulles in the eyes of a common superior -- it's REACHING.

So, in response -- yes, even if somebody has several years in the military and has worked as a gopher for the CIA for a long time -- HE'S STILL NOT A CIA OFFICER, and he can still be a pimp, a street-thug, a drug-pusher, a hit-man, or any other sort of riff-raff on the street.

The CIA like the FBI has never been above hiring criminals and thugs to do dirty work. That doesn't make them CIA Officers.

Take Lee Harvey Oswald, for example. He wanted to be an Intelligence Agent so bad he could taste it. He would probably have done ANYTHING to get a job in the CIA. He might even stick his neck out so far that somebody like Guy Banister would chop it off.

Sincerely,

--Paul Trejo

[emphasis added by T. Graves]

Pimping?

Drug pushing?

Hit men?

Well, Paul, that sounds like a MKULTRA operation to me.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

The CIA like the FBI has never been above hiring criminals and thugs to do dirty work. That doesn't make them CIA Officers. // TREJO

• ##################################

I never said Ruby was of the stature of treasonous NAZI profit man Dulles. You at first denied Ruby's CIA connections.The above response of Paul Trejo is trollism and a mockery of civilized dialog. The ever shifting xxxxx Trejo.
  • TREJO BELOW

=

Let's see here -- according to Doug Valentine:

(1) In 1947 in Chicago, George White of the CIA used Jack Ruby as an INFORMANT.

(2) Also, in 1948, George White of the CIA used Jack Ruby as an INFORMANT to spy on Bugsy Siegel's Mafia operation in Mexico -- although nobody was arrested.

Now, based on this somebody is jumping to the conclusion that George White of the CIA was Jack Ruby's BOSS?

What, did George White pay Jack Ruby a fortune for giving him street Information on Mafia figures? Did Jack Ruby never have to work for anybody else? This was a full-time career for Jack Ruby?

This is what Valentine suggests -- that the CIA was controlling Jack Ruby from 1947 and forever, and that Jack Ruby didn't make a move without checking in with his CIA BOSS.

But that's exactly what Doug Valentine needs to PROVE! He can't just ASSUME it!

Then, on top of THAT, Steven, you imply (only by assumption) that GEORGE WHITE was somehow connected with the JFK murder! How? Well, simply by being a CIA Officer!

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

##################################

• (GAAL)

Not according to Doug Valentine but from the diaries of George White himself as interpreted by Peter Dale Scott.

On pgs 169-170 of Peter Dale Scott's DEEP POLITICS and THE DEATH OF JFK. In his, Scott's, analysis of the diaries.

George White, "met with Ruby" and made him FBN INFORMANT.

Greorge White is not CIA but the head of the FBN,however, it seems he did a lot of work for the CIA, so much so it seems he wanted to be CIA.Whites CIA patron at the CIA was none other than James Jesus Angleton.

Ruby was a INFORMANT from 1946 (not 1947) at "25/week" per diaries.(per Valentine Ruby still working with FBN in Dallas).

Ruby couldnt get out of the INFORMANT position not because of the "25/week" but because White could put a murder wrap on Ruby. Per the interpretation Of White's diaries by Scott ,Ruby was part of the mob Ragen killing and White had the 'goods' on Ruby. This was no ordinary killing but was a significant part of a major organized crime 'reorganization'.

• Valentine never suggested that CIA was controlling Ruby from 1947. From the Armstrong link (which you do not address) it shows Ruby in CIA operations. The best interpretation of know facts is that Ruby was handed over to the CIA thus having CIA deniability per Ruby's Mob operations as cover. White seemed to want to ingratiate himself with the CIA and sharing assets was part of his modus operandi to do this.
    • RUBY would check with both his FBN and CIA controllers before going into any POTUS killing schemes. Morales would know this. Thus its illogical to assume that RUBY wouldn't be in any assassination plan without CIA HDQ approval. Ruby is attached to TWO intel agencies and thus no ROGUE would use him because of the risk of being caught.
    ############################
    Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

So, now let's talk about Jack Ruby and these alleged, so-called "CIA operations" in which he was supposedly involved. Certainly nobody can suggest that Jack Ruby was a CIA Officer, or anything like it. Jack Ruby was a Mafia punk; a Mafia bag-man; a Mafia pimp; a Mafia drug pusher; perhaps a Mafia hit-man......
To sum up, you've shown nothing to link George White with the CIA. Nothing to link the CIA with the murder of JFK. Nothing to prove that Jack Ruby was working for George White for the CIA to murder JFK.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo
==========================================

(GAAL)
????? Have you no knowledge of George White ????? He is connected to numerous very TOP HDQ CIA people.
###############
http://visupview.blo...r-white_25.html
-
http://visupview.blo...r-white_14.html
=
White was involved in the spy trade since the birth of the modern
US intelligence community at the time of World War II. White was an officer in the Office of Strategic Services, the WWII-era predecessor to the CIA. He was also involved in the highly secretive Division 19, a joint venture of the OSS and the National Defense Research Committee. Division 19 was involved in a host of black op activities, including assassinations, Mafia alliances, and the search for a 'truth drug.' White was a student of Division 19's Camp X, an 'assassination and elimination' training program that he later described as "the school for mayhem and murder."
White later became a trainer himself. Several of his students included Richard Helms, William Colby, Frank Wisner and James Jesus Angelton, among others. Helms and Colby would later become CIA directors while Wisner and Angelton would head several of the CIA's most powerful departments.
##############
http://mindcontrolbl...e-hunter-white/

Col. White was recruited for Project Artichoke by CIA counterintelligence agent chief James Jesus Angleton, White established a domestic Artichoke team that operated out of a CIA-funded safe house located in New York’s Greenwich Village. White’s operation was funded by MK-ULTRA Subproject 3.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please note + Per the George White Diaries, Ruby and White "met" ,White personally recruited Ruby. THUS one way to think of it is that RUBY was :
one degree of seperation from Angelton,Helms ,Wisner and Colby.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

????? Have you no knowledge of Ruby government connections ?????

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gunrunner Ruby and the CIA
by Lisa Pease
http://www.ctka.net/pr795-ruby.html

==oooooo+oooooo==

Ruby's Smuggling Operation, 1956-1958
http://jfklancer.com...onnections.html

=======================================================

Jack Ruby by John Armstrong

In the early 1950's Robert Ray McKeown was a 42 year old engineer from Texas who owned and operated a manufacturing plant in Santiago, Cuba, with the blessing of Cuban President Carlos Prio Socarras. On March 10, 1952 General Fulgencio Batista, with army backing, staged a coup, ousted Carlos Prio and took control of Cuba. McKeown soon began working with Prio in an effort to help restore him to power. Prio was a very wealthy man (a fortune estimated at $50 million) and began backing Fidel Castro and his small band of rebels with arms and munitions in their attempts to overthrow Batista.

NOTE: as early as 1952 Robert McKeown was the subject of an FBI Neutrality Act Investigation in connection with arms smuggling to Prio and rebel forces in Cuba. In a letter to J. Lee Rankin of the Warren Commission, Hoover wrote: "The neutrality and registration act investigation related primarily to the activities of Carlos Prio Socarras, who, with a number of others including McKeown, was involved in a conspiracy to ship arms, munitions, and other war materials to Fidel Castro to assist him in his efforts to overthrow the Batista regime in this investigation."

In 1952 Jack Ruby sold the Silver Spur nightclub to Gimpel and Willie Epstein. He then began commuting from Dallas to Daytona, Florida where he became involved in supplying counterfeit currency, guns, and munitions to leftist rebels in Cuba.

NOTE: Ruby was not seen in Dallas for several months in 1952. In an interview with the FBI Ruby said that he went broke in the night club business, was "mentally depressed, hibernated in the Cotton Bowl Hotel for three or four months, and then returned to Chicago for 6 weeks.” Nonsense; Jack Ruby was in Florida.

In Florida Ruby soon became acquainted with former Cuban President Carlos Prio, who was supplying arms and munitions to Castro. It was during this time that Ruby met gun smuggler and CIA operative Donald Edward Browder. The two men contracted with Joe Marrs (Marrs Aircraft, Miami) to transport weapons and munitions to Cuba. Ruby soon purchased an interest in two aircraft that he used to illegally transport the arms, and also acquired partial ownership in a Havana gaming house in which Carlos Prio held majority ownership. Donald Browder knew Jack Ruby well and said, “During the pre-Castro years (pre-1959), the CIA and Customs would not oppose gun shipments to Castro.”

NOTE: Blaney Mack Johnson (FBI informant “T-2”) knew a lot about Ruby's and Browder's gun-running activities in the early 1950s. In 1964 Johnson provided the FBI with detailed information concerning their activities and gave the Bureau the names of three people who he said could corroborate his story: Joe Marrs of Marrs Aircraft, with whom Ruby had contracted to make illegal flights to Cuba; Leslie Lewis, former Chief of Police in Hialeah, Florida, who knew of Ruby's gunrunning and smuggling operations; and pilot Clifton T. Bowes, Jr., formerly a captain with National Airlines in Miami. When questioned by the FBI, following the assassination of JFK and Ruby's nationally televised murder of Oswald, these three individuals denied being involved with the illegal transportation of firearms and, of course, denied knowing Jack Ruby.

On August 1, 1953 Fidel Castro and 123 armed men and women supporters attacked the Moncada military barracks in Santiago (where Robert McKeown lived and worked) in an attempt to begin the overthrow of the Batista regime. Castro was arrested and given a 15 year prison term. Ruby's gun-running activities suddenly came to an end and he returned to Dallas where he re-opened the Silver Spur nightclub, took over the Vegas Club with partners Joe Bonds and Irving Alkana, and was soon operating a third nightclub, “Hermando's Hideaway."

In May, 1954 the United States indicted former Cuban President Carlos Prio and seventeen other persons on charges stemming from their purchase, exportation, and transportation of arms and munitions to Cuba. Prio did not contest the charges, plead “nolo contendere," and was fined a mere $9,000. Jack Ruby, Prio's business partner and gun-running accomplice, was not charged, indicted, nor even questioned by US government authorities.

NOTE: in 1954 one of Donald Browder's contacts was Efrom Pichardo who was charged with conspiracy to ship arms to Cuba on behalf of Carlos Prio. Another co-defendant, Marcos Diaz Lanz, was a close associate of CIA operative Frank Sturgis (Fiorini).

On May 15, 1955 Fidel Castro was released from prison and fled to Mexico where he met Dr. Ernesto “Che” Guevara, a physician from Argentina. Castro soon visited the US in search of wealthy people who he thought would be sympathetic to his cause and offer financial aid to support his coming revolution.

On November 25, 1956 Castro purchased an old yacht, the “Granma," and set sail from Tuxpan, Veracruz to Cuba with 82 armed revolutionaries. Upon landing they were attacked by Batista military forces and many were killed. The Castro brothers and Che Guevara escaped, fled into the Sierra Maestra Mountains, and began recruiting people sympathetic to their cause.

In 1957 Robert McKeown lost his manufacturing business when Cuban President Batista deported him, allegedly for not paying kickbacks, but more likely for helping Carlos Prio supply arms to Castro. By this time Prio, McKeown, and Jack Ruby had known each other for 5 years. But it was McKeown who began to develop a close, personal friendship with Castro as he delivered boatload after boatload of arms and munitions from operations based in Miami, Tampa, and later from Seabrook and Kemah, Tex (where McKeown lived). For his services McKeown was always paid in the office of an attorney who was counsel for Haiti, in cash, with $100 bills bundled in paper wrapping marked “Pan American Bank, Miami."

NOTE: In a letter from Hoover to Rankin on April 17, 1964, the FBI informed the Warren Commission that McKeown was one of the persons "in an extensive investigation conducted by the Bureau since 1952 concerning the activities of Carlos Prio Socarras." The FBI said that Prio, along with others including McKeown, was engaged in assisting Castro in his revolutionary pursuit against Batista. The Bureau also had reports that “Jack Ruby/Rubenstein” was involved in supplying arms to Castro, but never provided those reports to the Commission, thereby helping to conceal any connections Ruby may have had with CIA operatives.

By 1957 Castro and approximately 300 rebels were waging a guerilla campaign against Batista's government troops with weapons and munitions supplied by CIA-sponsored gun-runners. Once again, Browder and Ruby began to smuggle guns from Florida and Texas to Castro, while their activities were being monitored by the CIA and US Customs. The FBI had a 1000 page file on Browder, but in 1964 they released only three to the Warren Commission. The Bureau knowingly helped to conceal Ruby's gun-running with CIA operative Browder from the Commission. In the 1970's Browder testified before the House Select Committee on Assassinations and admitted that he used to work for the CIA. He told the Committee that he purchased arms from a CIA-proprietary company, the International Arms Corporation (InterArmco, of Alexandria, VA), and then smuggled the arms to Castro.

Browder was a former Lockheed test pilot who, at the time of his HSCA interview, was serving a 25-year prison sentence for "security violations." Browder told the HSCA that one year after the assassination of President Kennedy he leased a B-25 bomber under the name of a non-existent company and flew it to Haiti. He then cashed a check in the amount of $25,000 that was signed by George DeMohrenschildt's Haitian business associate, Clemard Charles. The HSCA used Browder's testimony in their report relating to George DeMohrenschildt. But the HSCA did not use any of ex-CIA operative Donald Browder's testimony in their report that related to Jack Ruby. The HSCA helped to conceal Ruby's connections with CIA operative Browder, just as the FBI had helped to conceal Ruby's gun-running activities from the Warren Commission. The FBI file on Browder contains more than a thousand pages, yet the Bureau released only three to the Warren Commission. The reluctance of government authorities to properly investigate Ruby's connections to CIA operatives during most of the 1950's and early 1960's make sense as we begin to understand the extent of CIA involvement in the assassination of President Kennedy and Ruby's televised murder of Lee Harvey Oswald.

As Castro and his growing number of rebels were attacking Batista's troops, Ruby was commuting between Dallas and the Houston waterfront community of Kemah, TX. James E. Beaird, a poker playing friend of Ruby's, told both The Dallas Morning News and the FBI that Ruby used to store guns and ammunition in a two-story house between the waterfront and railroad tracks in Kemah, TX., in Galveston Bay. On the weekends Beaird personally saw Ruby and his associates load "many boxes of new guns, including automatic rifles and handguns" onto a 50-foot long military-surplus boat. It was Robert McKeown who often piloted the boat to a drop-off point in Mexico, where Castro himself would land his yacht, the Granma, and pick up the arms. As McKeown delivered more and more arms to Castro, these two men developed a close, personal relationship. Their relationship became so close that shortly after Castro took over in Cuba he flew to Houston, TX and met with McKeown in an attempt to persuade his good friend to return to Cuba. Castro promised McKeown that he would be given a high government position or a business concession. When later questioned about Ruby's gun-running activities in Galveston Bay, Beaird said “many people knew all about this because he (Ruby) was so open with it." But unlike Prio, McKeown, and dozens of other people who supplied arms to Castro, Jack Ruby was never charged, indicted nor even questioned by US government authorities. Ruby appeared to have no fear of being arrested for his gun-running activities from 1952 through 1963. Not only did US government agencies overlook Ruby's illegal gun-running activities, but so did the Warren Commission, HSCA, the Church Committee, and the ARRB.

In early 1958 the FBI learned that some of Castro's forces were planning a raid on Cuba from Texas, and it was McKeown who was busy arranging the procurement and shipment of arms. The FBI also documented McKeown's involvement with Mario Villamia, a CIA-connected associate of Carlos Prio who lived in Miami and later participated in the CIA's Bay of Pigs invasion.

On February 18, 1958, the San Antonio FBI office provided information to US Customs that McKeown had purchased a yacht called the “Buddy Dee.” A few days later US Customs officials seized the Buddy Dee while the vessel was cruising from Patterson, La. to Houston with a load of arms and munitions. On February 25 Federal agents arrested McKeown and charged him with conspiracy to smuggle guns and related equipment to Cuba for the benefit and use of Castro. McKeown's co-defendants included Carlos Prio, Jorge Sotus, Manuel Arques, Mario Villamia and Evelyn Archer. On October 24 the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, convicted McKeown and sentenced him to 60 days in jail, fined him $500, and imposed a 5-year probation period, to terminate on December 11, 1963. Carlos Prio plead guilty, but his sentence was soon suspended by authorities. But Jack Ruby, who never tried to conceal or hide his gun-running activities, was never once questioned, charged, nor indicted.

NOTE: Some of Prio's co-defendants were working for the CIA. Mario Villamia, of Miami, FL., participated in the Bay of Pigs invasion and continued to work with the CIA during the 1960's. Juan Orta, while secretly working for the CIA, was director of Castro's ministerial office in Havana.

In March, 1958 the US government announced the suspension of arms sales to Batista. It was now just a matter of time before Castro and his growing army of rebels (now numbering around 3000) succeeded in overthrowing Batista.

While Prio and McKeown were facing charges for conspiracy to smuggle guns to Cuba, Jack Ruby was once again commuting between Dallas and Florida. In May (1958) Dolores Rhoads, her husband Richard Rhoads, and her mother (Mrs. Mary Thompson) visited her aunt and uncle, James and Mary Lou Woodard, in Islamorada, Florida. Dolores and Richard spent the first night in a small two-unit motel operated by “Jack” and “Isabel” who were acquaintances of her uncle. “Jack”, who was originally from Chicago, said his first name was “Leon” but he went by “Jack." Jack Ruby's middle name was Leon. Mrs. Woodard said that Jack had a trunk full of guns that he was going to supply to the Cubans. Mrs. Thompson was told there were supplies of guns hidden in the marshes near Islamorada that were to be sold and delivered to the Cubans. Mary Thompson and her daughter said that “Jack” was driving a late model grey colored Buick with Texas license plates. Dolores recalled that when drunk one evening her uncle, James Woodard, said he was going to help Jack run guns to Cuba.

NOTE: Charles G. Watters was a CPA and worked for an accounting firm that kept Ruby's books until early 1960. Watters told the FBI that Ruby drove a second-hand Buick automobile.

The FBI interviewed James Woodard in September, 1963. Woodard said that he had participated in the Bay of Pigs invasion and had furnished ammunition and dynamite to both Castro and his anti-Castro forces. On October 8, 1963, Woodard was questioned again, this time concerning dynamite found at his residence in South Dade County, Florida. He said the dynamite was to be used by Cuban exile forces fighting the Castro regime. Apparently the FBI did not ask Woodard if he knew or associated with Jack Ruby, “Leon," or “Rubenstein."

Following the assassination of President Kennedy, and the murder of Oswald by Jack Ruby, James Woodard's sister said that her brother had been in Texas a lot, and that she had asked James if he ever knew Ruby. He said no, but then promptly disappeared and hasn't been seen since November 25, 1963.

In 1958 a boat load of Cubans came ashore at a dock in Marathon Shores, Florida, and a young American placed a telephone call to a man in Dallas named “Ruby."

In 1958 the Oklahoma State Crime Commission linked “Abe Rubenstein," owner of a night club in Dallas, to a carload of guns and ammunition destined for Cuba.

In 1958 “Jack Rubenstein” wrote a letter to the Office of Munitions Controls requesting permission to negotiate the purchase of firearms and ammunition from an Italian firm.

In 1959 an Army Intelligence Report, related to importers of armaments (11/26/62), listed “Jack Rubenstein” as the representative for Saunders Import Company, New York, NY. (click here)

NOTE: It is interesting, and noteworthy, that while multi-millionaire and former Cuban President Carlos Prio Socarras, Robert McKeown, and numerous CIA connected co-defendants were arrested and convicted for running guns from 1953 through 1958, Jack Ruby was never once questioned, detained, nor arrested for the very same activities. Ruby never seemed concerned about his gun-running activites, but following the assassinations of President Kennedy and Oswald, Ruby was deeply concerned. Ruby warned his attorney (Tom Howard) about his CIA connections, and feared that if these connections were revealed it would expose the CIA's role in JFK’s assassination. A year later Tom Howard died, allegedly of a heart attack, at age 48; but reporters and friends thought he had been murdered.

In the summer of 1958, while awaiting trial for gun-running, McKeown entered into a partnership with a “Mr. Jarrett” and opened the J and M Drive-In on Red Bluff Road near Kemah, TX. His good friend Carlos Prio funded their venture with a loan. According to McKeown, Prio had also promised him a one-half interest in the Seria Biltmore, a hotel in Havana. After his arrest, Prio's days of securing and arranging shipments of arms and munitions to Castro were over, and the multi-millionaire and former Cuban President turned his attention to developing real estate in Miami and Puerto Rico.

NOTE: On April 5, 1977, while being sought for questioning by the HSCA, Carlos Prio was found lying on the ground outside the garage of his luxurious Miami Beach home, dead from gunshot wounds. He allegedly committed suicide—one week after George DeMohrenschildt allegedly committed suicide by gunshot, and three months after CIA asset and former US Ambassador William Pawley allegedly committed suicide on January 7, 1977. The HSCA could have asked Prio to explain how and where he acquired arms and munitions, how they were transported to Cuba, how and by whom he was paid, and his connection with Ruby, McKeown, and numerous CIA operatives including the notorious Frank Fiorini/Sturgis. Prio's testimony would have shown that Jack Ruby had been involved with CIA operatives and CIA gun-running operations for many years.

On January 1, 1959, Fidel Castro and his rebels finally succeeded in overthrowing Batista, and there was no need for Ruby to continue supplying arms and munitions to Castro. But concerns over political conditions in Cuba began to surface and did not appear to be in the best interests of the USA.

Four months prior to Castro's takeover Robert Welch, founder of the John Birch Society, wrote in the September 1958 issue of American Opinion that Castro “is a Communist agent carrying out Communist orders...." Soon after taking over Cuba, Castro's communist tendencies began to surface. There were confiscations of U.S. Property; banks and large industries were nationalized; schools became propaganda factories; civil liberties were suspended; free elections were dismissed; the courts were overtaken. As soon as the anti-Batista forces laid down their arms “revolutionary justice" began and purges with mass executions followed. Years later Castro explained, “back in 1959 the U.S. wanted us to make a strategic and tactical error and proclaim a doctrine as a communist movement. In fact, I was a communist .... (however) I think that a good Marxist-Leninist would not have proclaimed a socialist revolution in the conditions that existed in Cuba in 1959. I think I was a good Marxist-Leninist in not doing that, and we did not make known our underlying beliefs." (Le Figaro magazine, June 1986).

On March 31, 1959, deep undercover CIA agent Frank Sturgis (real name Frank Fiorini) was interviewed by FBI SA Krant and SA V.H. Nasca, upon referral from the Director's Office of the FBI. Fiorini was then a Captain of Cuban Rebel Army, and was on a confidential mission to the US at the behest of the head of the Cuban Air Force. The real purpose of his trip was not known to Fidel Castro or his supporters. Sturgis/Fiorini identified members and leaders of the Cuban Government who were either communists or communist sympathizers. He also furnished information concerning Cuban plans for potential revolutions in Caribbean countries. Sturgis/Fiorini, without revealing that he was working for the CIA, offered his services to the FBI as an "agent" in the fight against infiltration of Cuban Government by communists. He then requested aid in fighting communism in the Cuban Government (click here to view the FBI report on Fiorini).

NOTE: the HSCA asked Robert McKeown if he knew Frank Sturgis (CIA agent). McKeown answered, “I seen him one time over at Prio's house....” McKeown, Carlos Prio, Ruby, and others who supplied armaments to Castro were constantly surrounded and monitored by CIA operatives and US Customs.

In response to the growing threat of a possible Communist government within 90 miles of the US, the CIA began training and arming thousands of former Batista supporters, anti-Castro Cubans, and Cuban refugees who fled their homeland and were living in south Florida. Donald Edward Browder told the HSCA, “During the pre-Castro years, the CIA and Customs would not oppose gun shipments to Castro. After Castro turned Communist, the CIA and Customs encouraged shipments to anti-Castro forces.” People were beginning to fear that Castro was, as many had suspected, a communist, and should be removed.

On March 11, 1959, Dallas FBI agent Charles Flynn wrote, "on the basis of preliminary contacts and information developed to date, I recommend the captioned individual (Jack Ruby) for informant development." Flynn further wrote, "PCI [Potential Criminal Informant] advised he was willing to assist Bureau by supplying criminal information, on a confidential basis, which comes to his attention. On November 6, 1959, Flynn wrote, "contacts (with Ruby) have been negative to date, it is felt that further attempts to develop this man would be fruitless."

On March 15, 1959 Ruby telephoned and met with CIA-connected gun-runner Thomas Eli Davis III in Beaumont, TX. A year earlier, in June, 1958, Davis received a sentence of five years of probation for robbing a bank. While on probation Davis worked for the Agency training anti-Castro units in Florida. Soon, Ruby and Davis were supplying arms and munitions to Anti-Castro Cubans, apparently without the fear of arrest.

NOTE: When JFK was assassinated, Davis was in jail in Algiers, charged with running guns to a secret army terrorist movement then attempting to assassinate French President Charles de Gaulle. Davis was released from jail through the intervention of the CIA’s foreign agent code-named “QJ/WIN," who was identified by the top-secret CIA Inspector General’s Report as the “principle asset” in the Agency’s assassination program known as ZR/RIFLE.

After Ruby's arrest for killing Oswald, his defense attorney (Tom Howard) asked Ruby if he could think of anything that might damage his defense. Ruby responded and said there would be a problem if a man by the name of "Davis" should come up. Davis was later identified as Thomas Eli Davis III, a CIA-connected gun-runner and “soldier of fortune." In December, 1963 the Moroccan National Security Police informed the US State Department that Davis was arrested for an attempted sale of firearms to a minor. When Davis was searched, the police found “a letter in his handwriting which referred in passing to Oswald and to the Kennedy assassination.” Ruby told Howard that “he had been involved with Davis, who was a CIA connected gunrunner entangled in anti-Castro efforts and that he (Ruby) had intended to begin a regular gun-running business with Davis”. Ruby warned Howard about this connection, and feared that if it were to be revealed by either an investigative reporter or a witness it would blow open the CIA's role in JFK’s assassination. IT IS MPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT RUBY TOLD TOM HOWARD ABOUT HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH A CIA OPERATIVE. Tom Howard died of a heart attack within a year at age 48. The doctor, without an autopsy, said that he may have suffered a heart attack. But some reporters and friends thought Howard had been murdered.

The HSCA, under Robert Blakey, was intent on covering up any CIA connection or gun-running activities connected with Ruby and failed to investigate the Ruby/Davis connection. They explained, in typical government prose, “Due to limitations of time and resources... it was not possible to confirm these (Seth Kantor's) allegations."

In April, 1959 Fidel Castro flew to the United States and met for three hours with Vice President Richard Nixon in Washington, DC. Following their meeting Nixon wrote a confidential memorandum in which he expressed concern over Castro's communist leanings. The memo was sent to the CIA, the State Department, and to the White House. The CIA soon began to organize and train anti-Castro groups in Florida, while Ruby and Davis helped to supply them with arms and munitions.

After leaving Washington, DC Castro flew to Houston and met Robert McKeown at the airport. A photograph on the front page of the Houston Chronicle titled “Castro and the Gunrunner" recorded the event. An article accompanying the photograph quoted Castro as saying that if McKeown would return with him to Cuba, he would be given a high post in the government, a franchise.....whatever he wanted. McKeown politely told Castro that he could not legally leave the United States because of his probation. Castro said not to worry because US authorities would not bother him in Cuba. But McKeown declined his offer and Castro departed for Havana.

McKeown's close friendship with Castro prompted many people to ask him for assistance in affairs pertaining to Cuba. On one occasion McKeown's brother asked him to contact Castro and attempt to obtain the release of three friends who were being detained because they were caught fishing in Cuban waters. McKeown personally telephoned and spoke with Castro and the men were quickly released. On another occasion Jack Porter, a campaign manager for Eisenhower, contacted McKeown about approaching Castro.

In early 1959 Ruby made preliminary inquiries concerning the possible sale to Cuba of some surplus jeeps located in Shreveport, La., and asked about the possible release of prisoners from a Cuban prison. The jeeps, the prisoners, and Ruby's visit to Cuba in August, 1959 all suggest that his activities were sponsored and directed by others.

Prior to visiting Cuba, Ruby asked McKeown to write a personal letter of introduction to Castro so that he could talk with Castro about releasing some unnamed friends that were being detained in Havana. McKeown also said that Ruby "had a whole lot of jeeps he wanted to get to Castro."

In 1959 Cuban travel records show that Jack Ruby entered Cuba from New Orleans on August 8, left Cuba on September 11, re-entered Cuba from Miami on September 12, and returned from Cuba to New Orleans on September 13, 1959. But bank records, Dallas police records, and FBI records show that Ruby was in Dallas on August 10, 21, 31, and September 4. Someone was helping Ruby to get into and out of Cuba without going through Cuban customs and immigration.

NOTE: The reluctance of the FBI, Warren Commission, HSCA, etc to properly investigate Ruby's connections to Prio, McKeown, Davis, and his various gun-runnings makes sense when one realizes that Jack Ruby's activities had been monitored by the CIA, FBI, and US Customs for years. In 1959 Ruby did not travel to Cuba for pleasure.

At the time of Ruby's visit, Santo Trafficante was being held at the Trescornia detention center in Cuba. English journalist John Wilson Hudson (a.k.a. John Wilson) was detained with Trafficante, and said that Ruby came to see Trafficante in Trescornia. After Ruby shot Oswald, Wilson contacted the American Embassy and reported, "An American gangster called Santo.....was visited by an American gangster type named Ruby." If Ruby was trying to sell jeeps to Castro, as McKeown said, was he trying to negotiate Trafficante's release? Trafficante, as it turns out, was released from the detention center on August 18, 1959, just after Ruby arrived in Cuba.

NOTE: Santo Trafficante was a mafia “Don” and was also one of the gangsters who participated in the CIA's attempt to assassinate Fidel. Trafficante appeared before the HSCA and was questioned by chief counsel Richard Sprague as follows:

Mr. Trafficante, have you at any time been an employee, a contract employee, or in any manner been in the service of the Central Intelligence Agency, or any other agency of the Federal Government of the United States?
Mr. Trafficante, did you know John Rosselli?
Mr. Trafficante, did you know Sam Giancana?
Mr. Trafficante, do you know Robert Maheu?
Mr. Trafficante, prior to November 22, 1963, did you have information that President Kennedy was going to be assassinated?
Mr. Trafficante, prior to November 22, 1963, did you advise other people of the assassination of President Kennedy?
Mr. Trafficante, prior to November 22, 1963, did you know Jack Ruby
Mr. Trafficante, have you ever met with representatives of the Central Intelligence Agency to discuss the assassination of various world leaders, including Fidel Castro?
Mr. Trafficante, is any agency of the U.S. Government giving you any immunity with regard to any plans to assassinate any world leaders?
Mr. Trafficante, did you ever discuss with any individual plans to assassinate President Kennedy prior to his assassination?
Mr. Trafficante, while you were in prison in Cuba, were you visited by Jack Ruby?
Mr. Trafficante, as a result of your appearance here today, have you been threatened by anyone, any group or agency? Has your life been threatened in any way?
Mr. Trafficante, have you been contacted by any agency in the executive branch, say the CIA or FBI, in connection with your possible testimony before or after you received formal subpoena to appear before this committee?"

Not one of Richard Sprague's questions concerned Trafficante's mob connections, but instead were focused on either Jack Ruby or the CIA. To each of these questions Trafficante's response was, "I respectfully refuse to answer that question pursuant to my constitutional rights under the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 14th amendments." This is the legal response to questions that would otherwise be self-incriminating. Sprague, because his focus of attention was on the CIA, was soon forced to resign as chief counsel and replaced by Robert Blakey, who managed through selective testimony and questioning to shift blame for the assassination of President Kennedy to the mafia.

Due to his focus on CIA involvement, Richard Sprague was removed as the HSCA's chief counsel and replaced by Robert Blakey. Blakey worked very hard to sell the American people on how the “mob” was responsible for the Kennedy assassination. Blakey occasionally asserted that “rogue elements” of the CIA may have been involved, but always directed attention to the "mob." In 1981 Blakey wrote a book titled, The Plot to Kill the President—Organized Crime Assassinated JFK. Most of the evidence and witness testimony presented to the HSCA pointed to individuals at the highest level of the CIA as the principal planners of the assassination, but Blakey cleverly and deceptively ignored the obvious and blamed the "mob."

In 1961 Ruby was involved in a plan to sell British Enfield rifles, obtained from Mexico, to anti-Castro-Cubans in Florida. Nancy Perrin Rich told the Warren Commission about a group running Enfield rifles from Mexico to Cuba in 1961 and returning with Cuban refugees to Florida. Ruby was evidently the “paymaster." During the 10 years preceding the assassination of President Kennedy there is a considerable amount of information that shows the FBI, CIA, and US Customs were very familiar with “Jack Rubenstein” and his gun-running activities. The Warren Commission requested a written response from the CIA for any and all “information on Jack Ruby (aka Jack Rubenstein)." The CIA responded by stating, “Examination of CIA records failed to produce information on Jack Ruby or his activities," but the CIA provided no information whatsoever for “Jack Rubenstein." ****

===========

****Guess when the CIA kills POTUS then its childsplay for the CIA to play a name game with Congress.

Furthermore, I mock any notion that a Mafia pimp like Jack Ruby would be of SERVICE for the US Government..... The US Government clearly used Jack Ruby like a low-level flunky.
Regards,
--Paul Trejo
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(GAAL) ?? The CIA used the mafia for an ultrasensitive geopolitical operation with worldwide implications in the Castro hit. The CIA using Ruby is no stretch. The CIA used prostitutes with drugs in their MKULTRA operations.Shirley you jest at the suggestion that the CIA "intellectuals" (as you call them) are of high class and impeccable moral rectitude.
If you had read the material you would know that Ruby has been involved in successful smuggling operations for many years. Said smuggling requires long range planning,sophistication,and intelligence. Smuggling is used in CIA operations and thus is a TYPE of intelligence they could/did use with Ruby.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally Posted by Anthony DeFiore

=
At the press conference, with Oswald looking right at him in disgust, Jack Ruby corrected the spokesman as he stumbled on the name and Ruby said clearly, "The Fair Play For Cuba Committee".

JUST HOW IN THE HELL DID THIS OBSCURE DALLAS STRIP CLUB OWNER KNOW THE EXACT NAME OF A PRO CASTRO GROUP LOCATED IN NEW ORLEANS IN WHICH OSWALD (SOMEONE THAT HE HAD NEVER MET) WAS PASSING OUT LEAFLETS IN SUPPORT OF THE GROUP?
==############################
Lee Forman EDFORUM

=
According to an FBI doc dated 12/1/63, a Mrs. Evelyn Harris was told by a Lucy Lopez that Lopez's daughter and some other women who worked in a sewing room across from the TSBD saw Ruby walking up and down the street near the TSBD, and saw him hand Oswald the pistol when he came out of the TSBD. Lopez said the women knew Oswald who apparently spoke Spanish well and ate with them at a nearby restaurant.
==
Jack Ruby telephoned a friend on November 22nd and asked if he would "like to watch the fireworks." Unknown to Ruby, his friend was an informant for the criminal intelligence division of the Internal Revenue Service. He and Ruby were standing at the corner of the Postal Annex Building at the time of the shooting. Minutes after the shooting Phil Willis, who knew Jack Ruby, saw and photographed a man who looked like Ruby near the front of the School Book Depository.

##################
##################
SEE http://harveyandlee....tt/Wil_full.htm
==posted at
https://deeppolitics...argue-with-this!!!!!
==
In 1978 former CIA accountant James B. Wilcott swore under oath before the House Select Committee on Assassinations that Lee Harvey Oswald was a "regular employee" of the Central Intelligence Agency, and that Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." He testified that he was told by other CIA employees that money he (Wilcott) had personally disbursed to an encrypted account was for "the Oswald project or for Oswald." Wilcott's testimony was kept secret for decades, but can now be read in full by clicking on this link.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
RUBY a CIA MAN or General Walker man ??

Jack Ruby telephoned a friend on November 22nd and asked if he would "like to watch the fireworks."

Edited by Steven Gaal

The CIA, like the FBI, is not above hiring thugs to do their dirty work. Rough Trejo quote.

So when CIA connected thugs do something like assassinate a president you prefer to see it as a rogue operation? Do you view all CIA operations with similar rose colored glasses?

[...]

Dear Steven,

I think that Trejo's whole point is that although Ruby may have been a CIA asset, he was not a CIA OFFICER.

--Tommy :sun

At first he denied CIA = Ruby connections.

====

Furthermore, I mock any notion that a Mafia pimp like Jack Ruby would be of SERVICE for the US Government.....// TREJO

shift shift shift hut one hut two OMAHA OMAHA !!!!

(our British readers may not understand http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/2/5371134/peyton-manning-omaha-super-bowl-48 )

Per Trejo the JFK case was as Inspector Clouseau says 'sol-ved' . Why the shifting positions on many items ??

Yes Inspector Clouseau and Trejo I see similarities.Except Clouseau gets it right.

==========

(rules of speech: How to speak Clouseauese. ... the wrong

place or accent the wrong syllable. Ex. solved = 'sol-ved', received = 'rah-ceived'.)

Edited by Steven Gaal

...Harvey died in 76 (BTW I thought Hunt (in confessions you like) fingered Harvey ??)

========

Well, Steven, I do favor the deathbed confession of E. Howard Hunt -- to a point.

E. Howard Hunt admitted that he himself was "on the sidelines" in the JFK murder. Hunt did not offer any details.

However, if we take the evidence that was uncovered by Mark Lane in his book, Plausible Denial (1991) we find E. Howard Hunt bringing a bag of money to Frank Sturgis, Marita Lorenz, Gerry Patrick Hemming and two Cuban Exiles at a Motel in Dallas.

Let's give Marita the benefit of the doubt, and stipulate to this claim -- since Howard Hunt himself confessed to participation in the JFK murder, and gave no further details. Combining the two accounts, we learn that Howard Hunt believed that being the payroll guy was being "on the sidelines."

OK. What else did Howard Hunt say? He said that he was introduced into this plot by Frank Sturgis. He said that Frank Sturgis brought him to one meeting with CIA Officer David Morales. That was the extent of his meetings with the plotters.

So -- to the best of his eye-witness testimony, Frank Sturgis (who wasn't a CIA Officer) put Hunt in contact with David Morales (who was a CIA Officer) and since Howard Hunt (who was also a CIA Officer) didn't turn them into the authorities, he clearly became part of the JFK Kill-Team.

Yet that's all the evidence we have from his eye-witness account. If we also accept Marita Lorenz story, then we have Howard Hunt in connection with Gerry Patrick Hemming and two Cuban Exile losers from the Bay of Pigs -- none of whom were CIA Officers.

We also know that Frank Sturgis confessed to (and boasted about) participation in the JFK murder. If we believe Al Weberman, then Gerry Patrick Hemming also confessed to being the one who called Lee Harvey Oswald on 11/21/1963 and offered Oswald double the value of his Manlicher-Carcano rifle if he'd only bring it to the TSBD building the next morning.

There we have four confessed JFK Killers -- David Morales, Howard Hunt, Frank Sturgis and Gerry Patrick Hemming. (We also have other non-CIA people who confessed, but let's set them aside for the moment.)

Now -- my problem is with the rest of Howard Hunt's deathbed confession. It begins to fall apart.

The problem with the rest of Howard Hunt's deathbed confession is that he starts to drop the names of people that he never saw with his eyes (in the context of his confession). Specifically, he accuses five more people: (1) LBJ; (2) CIA Officer Cord Meyer; (3) William Harvey; (4) David Atlee Phillips; and (5) Antonio Veciana.

My point is, we only have Howard Hunt's back-stabbing, treasonous word to accuse these other five people. It's easy to ascribe Howard Hunt's emotions to all five of them. First of all, they were all absent from his account of his physical meeting.

Also, the naming of LBJ is easy to throw out there, because Howard Hunt was committing treason by admittedly participating in the murder of JFK, and a CIA Officer cannot act without the orders of a President. So, how does a CIA man rationalize killing the President he serves? Simply by -- in his own mind -- pretending that he's doing the next President a favor. So, that's how Howard Hunt implicated LBJ. It was totally self-serving.

As for Cord Meyer, he was the butt of many jokes in the CIA since JFK had enjoyed a torrid love affair with the former Mrs. Cord Meyer. Whether Cord Meyer was really a participant in David Morales' plot against JFK is unknown by hard evidence, but it's easy to see a self-serving, emotional reason for Hunt to accuse Meyer, namely, his own machismo was relieved by getting revenge on behalf of his friend, Cord Meyer.

As for CIA Officer William Harvey, we have no doubt that he disrespected JFK and RFK, as proved by his insubordination during the Cuban Missile Crisis. We have little doubt that William Harvey continuously spouted out a stream of hate-talk against JFK and RFK, especially after RFK banished him to Italy in 1962 for his insubordination. So, the hate-talk from William Harvey is clearly an emotional reason to justify Howard Hunt adding William Harvey's name to his list. Now -- William Harvey might have been a participant -- but we have no hard evidence today. We only have the suspicion from those who hate the CIA willy nilly, and this name-dropping of Howard Hunt -- who was self-serving in finding others with as much pathological hatred for JFK as Hunt himself had.

As for David Atlee Phillips; the same applies -- we have only Howard Hunt's self-serving motives to name him on the one hand, but on the other hand we have the verifiable participation of David Atlee Phillips in plots to kill Fidel Castro, and to use Lee Harvey Oswald in plots to kill Fidel Castro.

Finally, as for Antonio Veciana, he was very close to David Atlee Phillips (alias Maurice Bishop), and met Lee Harvey Oswald and David Atlee Phillips in the context of a plot to kill Fidel Castro. Furthermore, Veciana came forward and volunteered his eye-witness to this meeting -- without any urging. It seems illogical to presume that he would finger Phillips for the JFK murder which would imply himself. In his confessions to Gaeton Fonzi, all that Antonio Veciana admitted was that he could place David Atlee Phillips and Lee Harvey Oswald together in Dallas during September 1963 in the context of killing Fidel Castro. Again, it was self-serving of Howard Hunt to name people already named by other JFK researchers and clearly close to the Bay of Pigs events. It had the emotional effect of partially absolving Howard Hunt for his admitted treason.

So, Steven, let's be clear about my approach to Howard Hunt's deathbed confession -- because it involves NUANCES. Where there is admitted eye-witness evidence, I accept his confession. Where he is just throwing out names to make himself feel better (e.g. LBJ, Cord Meyer, William Harvey, etc.) then I am very skeptical of this so-called "confession."

In my opinion, E. Howard Hunt was on the "sidelines" and he didn't know much more about who was involved in the JFK murder except those he saw with his own two eyes, namely: David Morales; Frank Sturgis; Gerry Patrick Hemming and two Cuban Exile riff-raff losers.

Sincerely,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

(Gaal) Dulles himself was allied with the plotters to assassinate French President Charles de Gaulle. Ruby knew CIA asset involved in the assassination operation.of de Gaulle. Bannisters lawyer Gatlin was part of the de Gaulle plot. THE de Gaulle plot a CIA plot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

))))))))))))))))))))

Armstrong

On March 11, 1959, Dallas FBI agent Charles Flynn wrote, "on the basis of preliminary contacts and information developed to date, I recommend the captioned individual (Jack Ruby) for informant development." Flynn further wrote, "PCI [Potential Criminal Informant] advised he was willing to assist Bureau by supplying criminal information, on a confidential basis, which comes to his attention. On November 6, 1959, Flynn wrote, "contacts (with Ruby) have been negative to date, it is felt that further attempts to develop this man would be fruitless."

On March 15, 1959 Ruby telephoned and met with CIA-connected gun-runner Thomas Eli Davis III in Beaumont, TX. A year earlier, in June, 1958, Davis received a sentence of five years of probation for robbing a bank. While on probation Davis worked for the Agency training anti-Castro units in Florida. Soon, Ruby and Davis were supplying arms and munitions to Anti-Castro Cubans, apparently without the fear of arrest.

NOTE: When JFK was assassinated, Davis was in jail in Algiers, charged with running guns to a secret army terrorist movement then attempting to assassinate French President Charles de Gaulle. Davis was released from jail through the intervention of the CIA’s foreign agent code-named “QJ/WIN," who was identified by the top-secret CIA Inspector General’s Report as the “principle asset” in the Agency’s assassination program known as ZR/RIFLE.

After Ruby's arrest for killing Oswald, his defense attorney (Tom Howard) asked Ruby if he could think of anything that might damage his defense. Ruby responded and said there would be a problem if a man by the name of "Davis" should come up. Davis was later identified as Thomas Eli Davis III, a CIA-connected gun-runner and “soldier of fortune." In December, 1963 the Moroccan National Security Police informed the US State Department that Davis was arrested for an attempted sale of firearms to a minor. When Davis was searched, the police found “a letter in his handwriting which referred in passing to Oswald and to the Kennedy assassination.” Ruby told Howard that “he had been involved with Davis, who was a CIA connected gunrunner entangled in anti-Castro efforts and that he (Ruby) had intended to begin a regular gun-running business with Davis”. Ruby warned Howard about this connection, and feared that if it were to be revealed by either an investigative reporter or a witness it would blow open the CIA's role in JFK’s assassination. IT IS MPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT RUBY TOLD TOM HOWARD ABOUT HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH A CIA OPERATIVE. Tom Howard died of a heart attack within a year at age 48. The doctor, without an autopsy, said that he may have suffered a heart attack. But some reporters and friends thought Howard had been murdered.

+++++++++++

############

• De Gaulle plot from CIA thus GATLIN CIA
see
+++++++++++++++++
William Turner, Rearview Mirror (2001)
-
That left Maurice Brooks Gatlin, Sr., an attorney associated with Banister, on Brooks's list of key Minutemen in Louisiana. According to Brooks, Gatlin served as legal counsel to the ACLC. In fact, Brooks had been a kind of protege of Gatlin. The attorney's passport was stamped with visas of countries around the world. In Brooks's estimation, he was a "transporter" for the CIA. On one occasion Gatlin bodaciously told Brooks, "I have pretty good connections. Stick with me-I'll give you a license to kill." Brooks became a firm believer in 1962 when Gatlin displayed a thick wad of bills, saying he had $ioo,ooo of CIA money earmarked for a French reactionary clique planning to assassinate General de Gaulle. Shortly thereafter Gatlin flew to Paris, and shortly after that came the Secret Army Organization's abortive ambush of the French president. But Gatlin as well was beyond Garrison's reach. In 1964 he fell or was pushed from the sixth floor of the Panama Hotel in Panama, dying instantly.