The Education Forum

Now it can be told: Dag Hammarskjold

13 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Uh, excuse me, we are going to reduce the murder of the UN Secretary General in Congo, the great Dag Hammarskjold, plus 16 other people, to Brandsetter and Lumpkin?

Wow, I guess Lisa Pease and Susan Williams were all wet then.

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/03/17/the-mysterious-death-of-a-un-hero-2/

Jim,

In the comments section of the article by Lisa Pease, a person named, "Abe" quoted a passage from the  Wilson Center:

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/event/dag-hammarskjold-his-critics-and-the-united-nations-1956

" Dag Hammarskjold was more controversial as UN Secretary-General in his own time than the afterglow of later decades might suggest. At the time of the Suez crisis in 1956, his critics denounced him as pro-Egyptian while David Ben-Gurion of Israel proclaimed that he was “our number one enemy after Russia.” Hammarskjold not only helped to resolve the Suez crisis but also set in place the UN Emergency Force, which became the conceptual centerpiece for all future UN peacekeeping operations."

I looked at the Suez Crisis a little from the French point of view as a lead-up to the Algerian Crisis of 1958-1960. As I understand it, the French had a sort of chip on their shoulder following their humiliating defeat at Dien Bien Phu in 1954. They felt they had a lot to prove.

And....

As Lisa pointed out in her Consortium News article, " As the Commission’s report noted, “Katanga contained the majority of the Congo’s known mineral resources. These included the world’s richest uranium and four fifths of the West’s cobalt supply."

The French exploded their first atomic bomb in the Algerian desert in 1960.

More and more I am starting to look at the need for uranium as a driving force behind a lot of the political events of the 1960's.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highest quality, largest quantity of uranium in the world.  Essential for nuclear weapons.

Was the first operative named as or hired for the Operation named QJWINN named Markel to assassinate Lumumba? 

David Boylan posted this on the Lie Too Big Too Fail thread in relation to Harold Meltzler along with two more links.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/2018/157-10003-10490.pdf

Notes,

First contact for a single operation November 1,1960, inference:  If JFK elected, eliminate Lumumba by his inauguration..

First ID of Markel as QJWINN.

Proceed to Leopoldville, Paris, as soon as shots completed. Not necessary to have Congo visa.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Uh, excuse me, we are going to reduce the murder of the UN Secretary General in Congo, the great Dag Hammarskjold, plus 16 other people, to Brandsetter and Lumpkin?

Wow, I guess Lisa Pease and Susan Williams were all wet then.

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/03/17/the-mysterious-death-of-a-un-hero-2/

Not at all Jim. I was responding to a post on your thread. But I would suggest to you that with all your considerable knowledge you seem to have paid little attention the US Army Intelligence connection to the murder of our beloved president. What have you read about Frank Brandstetter? Aren’t you suspicious of the lack of background on Jack Crichton’s Military Intelligence Unit, or on the DPD members of that unit? Or who Cololnel Jones of the 112th was and why he lied to the WC? My point was that Newman has opened the floodgates with his deep look at Veciana when he mentioned, at the symposium that you graciously invited me to, that Veciana’s handlers were ACSI, just like Brandstetter. I spoke briefly with Peter Dale Scott at the symposium, and he is definitely interested in Brandy and ACSI. 

The Brandstter books are easily available and really interesting. No they don’t explain Dag’s assassination, and cudos to you for your work on that important history, much of which I’ve read. 

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Highest quality, largest quantity of uranium in the world.  Essential for nuclear weapons.

Was the first operative named as or hired for the Operation named QJWINN named Markel to assassinate Lumumba? 

David Boylan posted this on the Lie Too Big Too Fail thread in relation to Harold Meltzler along with two more links.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/2018/157-10003-10490.pdf

Notes,

First contact for a single operation November 1,1960, inference:  If JFK elected, eliminate Lumumba by his inauguration..

Proceed to Leopoldville, Paris, as soon as shots completed. Not necessary to have Congo visa.

Is anyone interested in whothe Luxembourg COS was? Real name Arnold Silver, recruited QJWIN for Harvey. Silver was the CIC Officer who debriefed Otto Skorzeny and recommended he be released, saying he was a patriot not a Nazi. 

Could someone please point me to any info on Mankel that does not originate with CIA? 

Edited by Paul Brancato

Paul, 

Two comments.

I was not talking about the JFK case.  I was talking about the Hammarskjold murder, you know, shot out of the sky over Congo, with what appears to be an instant cover up with someone sticking the ace of spades in his collar.  Can you please explain how you think Lumpkin, Crichton and Brandstetter were involved in that case?  

As per Markel, if the guy was a secret assassin for the Agency, where else would you get any certification for that?  I mean it took Newman over fifty years to put that one together.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul, 

Two comments.

I was not talking about the JFK case.  I was talking about the Hammarskjold murder, you know, shot out of the sky over Congo, with what appears to be an instant cover up with someone sticking the ace of spades in his collar.  Can you please explain how you think Lumpkin, Crichton and Brandstetter were involved in that case?  

As per Markel, if the guy was a secret assassin for the Agency, where else would you get any certification for that?  I mean it took Newman over fifty years to put that one together.

Jim,

On January 13th, you wrote in this thread,  " Ever since that I have tried to stress how important Congo was in both the history of Africa, as a Third World struggle  and what huge stakes were on the table.  Three central actors had to be murdered for the imperial powers to win out: Lumumba, Hammarskjold and Kennedy.  And that is what happened."

Do you think the same forces were at work?

I once watched a YouTube video of you giving a lecture somewhere (I don't remember where you were). It was your contention that Kennedy was murdered because he believed that emerging nation states should have control over their own natural resources. I wrote you a note telling you that I thought you were right on the money and that I agreed with you wholeheartedly.

And, do you know, by any chance, what the significance of the Ace of Spades playing card is?

Steve Thomas

To answer Steve:

I have come to the conclusion over time that JFK was not killed for any one specific reason e.g. Cuba, Vietnam, monetary policy etc.  I now believe today he was killed for the whole panoply of policies but especially what he was doing with is foreign policy in the Third World.  And I see Cuba and Vietnam as extensions of that.

To David:

Again, I am talking about Hammarskjold.  Which is what this thread is about.

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul, 

Two comments.

Jim - I never said Brandstetter or Lumpkin or Crichton etc were involved in the death in Congo. Nevertheless I highly recommend you look at the Brandstetter books. 

As for Mankel, I’m only asking why his name is not searchable anywhere but in CIA files. Does the fact that it took 50 years for CIA to unredact his name necessarily mean it’s not an alias? 

Speaking of which, we now have a special section on Congo and the murder of Hammarksjold up at K and K.

https://kennedysandking.com/articles/the-murder-of-hammarskjold

I have always felt this was disgracefully ignored by the research community.  In these article we give the reader both the gestalt overview of the Congo conflict, which was enormous in scope and also had large ramifications, plus the research on Hammarskjold's murder.  If you do not have a good background on this, read here.  If you are interested in what happened to JFK,  then you should be interested in this.

18 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Notes,

Another reason for posting this link last night turns out to be a mix up of Belgium vs Yugoslavia.  I didn't have time to go back and re read the link provided by David Andrews in the first post on this thread.  It discusses Belgian Pilot Jan Van Risseghem being a suspect in the shooting down of Hammarskjold's plane.  The link I provided above via David B mentions the possibility of QJWINN's "side assignment" in Leopoldville being the recruitment of a Yugoslavian Air Force Major.  I thought their might be some connection between the recruitment of a foreign Major and pilot but didn't pay attention to the difference in countries.  Then again, it's a CIA document.  Is it impossible they could have substituted a Yugoslavian Major for a Belgian Major to protect sources?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/04/dag-hammarskjold-plane-shot-down-mercenary-cable

BTW, I'm in way over my head here.  But I'm trying to learn.  Please do correct me and/or elaborate.

Edited by Ron Bulman

On 1/24/2019 at 8:27 AM, David Josephs said:

Deleted

David - what did you delete? I think it was a post I was looking for. You cannot receive private messages, hence I’m using this method.

45 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

David - what did you delete? I think it was a post I was looking for. You cannot receive private messages, hence I’m using this method.

I deleted my connections page for Whimeyer and Brandsetter.... Jim asked how they may connect and Steve found the coincidence of Vaganov’s King of Spades.... 

1994611465_VAGANOV-reportonhisNov1963actionspage2.thumb.jpg.a280ef0045056822777af2b85431b2c0.jpg

1919688030_ACIS-Whitmeyer-Brandsetter-Crichton.jpg.3273652e82645b087c6ace0aae61a328.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

"This is our Land"

"Cobalt is an essential component of rechargeable batteries in cars and mobile phones, and Congo is by far the world’s largest producer, with about half of all known reserves. In Kolwezi, the cobalt is often found with vast deposits of copper: After a rainstorm, some of the ground in the city turns as green as the Statue of Liberty. With the electronics boom worldwide, demand for both minerals has exploded."

New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/26/opinion/sunday/congo-mining-election-fraud.html

Steve Thomas