The Education Forum

Trying to Understand this Bronson Frame

John Butler

13 hours ago, David Josephs said:

{sigh} 

Mr. Reynolds... even opinions - if they are to be taken seriously - have some basis in fact.

Mr. Butler - upon whose opinions you seem to rely... and the facts of the case have not yet been formally introduced...
and it sadly doesn't appear as if they ever will...

There is quite a lot of good work on this site... the last thing we need is another opinion based on fantasies and poor analytical skills

FWIW

Its nice to see everyone is welcomed and encouraged regardless of their views or opinions.

This is why I was a lurker rather than a poster for so long.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Lewis Reynolds said:

Its nice to see everyone is welcomed and encouraged regardless of their views or opinions.

Hey Lewis, water off a ducks back mate, keep posting! 

John Butler:

For whatever reason, you seem intent on blaming me for having "convinced him [Pat Speer] that the boy's story was not true.  Your investigations refute what Alan Smith stated in his statement to the Chicago Tribune. In doing so you and Speer painted the young man as an inept, immature, and confused young man."

As previously explained, I believe Alan Smith's story, so I can only conclude that you have misread, misunderstood, or deliberately misrepresented what I wrote back in 2014, and again yesterday. Which of those is correct is not for me to decide, but I can only repeat that I had no "agenda" of any kind, and to the very best of my knowledge, I have never communicated with Pat Speer on any subject, either directly or through any forum or newsgroup. I was, to the best of my recollection, completely unaware of any similar research Pat Speer had done, or was or might have been doing in regard to Alan Smith back in 2013-14.

That said, I am too busy with other things to continue this conversation. I stand by what I said, and would reiterate that I have no animosity whatsoever towards Alan Smith, and apologise to him (if he is even aware of this thread) for any embarrassment it may have caused him.

As for you, John, you could at least have extended me the courtesy of spelling my name correctly !

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:31 AM, Lewis Reynolds said:

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:47 AM, Tony Krome said:

Hey Lewis, water off a ducks back mate, keep posting! 

Excuse me?

At what point did you think posting baseless opinions was a positive thing and to be accepted here of all places?

If you have a defendable point to make about Altgens alteration, offer it.  1+1=2 doesn’t require an opinion.

Whining about being asked to do so, or not to be adult enough to address a critical question about your own statement dismisses the entire point of being here...  have as many opinions as you like... HERE, we discuss WHY, not just state what and leave it at that.

Butler has been pushing terrible logic for a while now while there are scores of others here from which to derive an opinion that doesn’t make it appear as if you’ve never seen a photograph.

I’m terribly sorry my asking you for substance bothered you so. 

After 20 years of discussing this with truly knowledgeable people, I for one expect a little more than “everybody’s got one” opinions... especially those based on the photographic interpretations of one Mr. Butler here... 

for example, he argues that Hill and Moorman were up at the Elm/Houston corner and “moved/changed” to their spot in the Zfilm while also changing their clothes...  those are his words in my image...

So please, guys, at least take a second and ask WHY, before attaching yourself to an opinion.   Or don’t, and continue to share your insights with us without a shred of support...

:up

Edited by David Josephs

Josephs,

Who made you the autocratic monitor of this site.  Is your opinion the only opinion needed or wanted.  Folks, don't post you may offend David Josephs.  He owns this site.  In his mind at least.  It that what you are saying.  Is only your logic worth looking at. 

"Butler has been pushing terrible logic for a while now while there are scores of others here from which to derive an opinion that doesn’t make it appear as if you’ve never seen a photograph."

I have been posting on this site for about 3 years.   A relative newcomer compared to yourself.  I read once that you have been doing JFK research for 25 years.  What have you contributed lately other than spiteful comments to newcomers?  Post your thoughts in a thread and see how many people pay attention to you.

You have done a lot of foolish things lately.  I've overlooked those trying to mend fences and ease your arrogant, supercilious, and often wrong, and wrong headed attacks on people.  If anyone should be cautioned about behavior it is you.  Wrong headed and foolish to treat people who are honestly trying to improve and help with JFK research.

You keep posting your view which is even nonsensical and wrong about Mary Moorman.  There's lots more to her story than you suggest.  But, you want to own it with no allowance for a divergent opinion.

The new rules have moderated your behavior on this site.  Doesn't that chafe you?  Doesn't that send you into a dark corner pouting that you can't vent your spite. 

Puh-lease put me back on your ignore list.   

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

Who made you the autocratic monitor of this site.  Is your opinion the only opinion needed or wanted.  Folks, don't post you may offend David Josephs.  He owns this site.  In his mind at least.  It that what you are saying.  Is only your logic worth looking at. 

Mr. Butler - you remain on my ignore list yet from time to time I see what you're posting just to be sure your story hasn't changed.

Asking someone to support an opinion is all I did.  Your opinions have proven time and again to be not only "other worldly" but pure fantasy backed by your presentation of junk science.

Have you not noticed that no one agrees with your warped view of things unless they are so new here they know no better, or so like-minded they don't know what questions to ask you?

Mr. Chris Scally is so out of your league with regards to the realities and knowledge of this case it ought to be a crime they way you attack that which, and about which, you remain hopelessly clueless.

the moderators give you wide berth simply because they, like the rest of us know you can't fix stupid... but only hope at some point it toddles off.
Ignorance, on the other hand, can be fixed with just a little effort to see and understand those around you at least trying to help...

Case in point.... you take the worst crap you can find on the internet and then CONCLUDE that there has been alteration, insertion, evil deeds done by evil doers....  I applaud Chris for even trying with you....   self-awareness is an amazing thing... you should try it sometime

:cheers

On 1/29/2019 at 11:24 AM, Chris Davidson said:

You haven't supplied a common occurance among two films for any type of syncing.

Here's Bell for you.

Now compare that with the Couch clip I just supplied, towards the end, and you'll see all the same players that are in Bell.

You even get to see the cycle cop at the lamp-post take off toward his motorcycle, just as we see him in Bell.

Who's that near the Newman's, looks like Altgen's to me.

Who's that with the hat on, looks like Wiegman to me.

So Wiegman and Altgens arrive at the Newmans at approx the same point in time.

Anyone care to look at Couch and help John understand this concept??????

46005487055_c46ed86643_o.png

Another close syncing moment:

31998658447_f2806ff4bb_o.jpg

Josephs,

Hoist another one and get a life.  Have you been the “respected research authority” so long you believe anything you say has the equivalence of pronouncements from Mt. Sinai.  Post your own illusions rather than the troxxling and carping on other’s folk’s work.  Leave the newcomers alone.  That is just despicable bullying behavior.  You are part of the reason the rules had to be changed.  Remember?

Do your comments by yourself and do that honestly rather than relying on others respect.  Do that honestly and do not post dishonest tactics such as this:

josephs-hughes-post.jpg

The real frame with comments looks like this:

robert-hughes-cut-apart-policemen-ab-1.j

You can link here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/23621-robert-hughes-and-the-cut-apart-policeman/

Hoist another one and get a life.  The readers will judge what is suitable for them to read and comment on rather than waiting for one of your “pronoucnements”.

Edited by John Butler

To any new posters, David Josephs has done some  good work in the past on things like Mexico City, and the alleged rifle that Oswald did not order.

His work on Mexico City is probably going to construct a new paradigm that will go beyond anyone previous.  He has an established record for using previously unearthed documents that back up his ideas and concepts.

If he is disagreeing with Mr. Butler, then its because he has some fundamental factual basis for doing so.  And he is trying to stop half baked ideas from growing.  He has a life.  He works in Sacramento and devotes a large amount of his spare time to this research.  With some other illustrious writers, he spoke at Gary Aguilar's last private seminar, and that speech was broadcast on Len Osanic's Black Op Radio.

If I recall it was another respected writer, Robin Unger, who corrected Butler on his "cut apart policeman". 

PS

I don't use internet versions of films.

Robert-Groden-vs-internet.jpg

As you can see film alteration is not an old thing.  It happens with current material on the internet.  Robert Groden's DVD has it problems but, at least it is honest.

Is this debate for just old hands or is it a place for free discussion?  Are newcomers welcomed or driven off?  According to diEugenio they should be driven off by none other than Josephs.  If you want to support Josephs that's fine.  But, newcomers need to go back and look at some of his despicable behavior over the years.

Edited by John Butler

20 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

To any new posters, David Josephs has done some  good work in the past on things like Mexico City, and the alleged rifle that Oswald did not order.

His work on Mexico City is probably going to construct a new paradigm that will go beyond anyone previous.  He has an established record for using previously unearthed documents that back up his ideas and concepts.

If he is disagreeing with Mr. Butler, then its because he has some fundamental factual basis for doing so.  And he is trying to stop half baked ideas from growing.  He has a life.  He works in Sacramento and devotes a large amount of his spare time to this research.  With some other illustrious writers, he spoke at Gary Aguilar's last private seminar, and that speech was broadcast on Len Osanic's Black Op Radio.

If I recall it was another respected writer, Robin Unger, who corrected Butler on his "cut apart policeman". 

Yes, and David presents cogent, verifiable evidence.  If he forms a thesis, it is based on data that can be verified, which should be the standard for all research.

Thanks guys....

I fully understand that in many cases opinions form the theories on which research and experimentation is performed...

Moderators are not here to dissuade baseless opinions from appearing on these pages... 

WE are.

If your opinions cannot stand the light of day - or the simply "how did you get there?", 
it's the opinion that needs reconsidering...

If you can't even do that...or even let yourself read the work of those who do and can....

why are you here?  :rip

Edited by David Josephs

17 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Thanks guys....

I fully understand that in many cases opinions form the theories on which research and experimentation is performed...

Moderators are not here to dissuade baseless opinions from appearing on these pages... 

WE are.

If your opinions cannot stand the light of day - or the simply "how did you get there?", 
it's the opinion that needs reconsidering...

If you can't even do that...or even let yourself read the work of those who do and can....

why are you here?  :rip

What he said.