The Education Forum

Do we need another Dealey Plaza witness breakdown?

Does anyone think we need another breakdown of Dealey Plaza witness? As in, location, number of shots, direction of shots, and any other relevant statements?

https://www.history-matters.com/analysis/witness/index.htm

The one linked above is the one I've been using the most, but it appears not to have been updated in over 15 years. It also seems other sources (including Mark Lane's Rush To Judgment and Craig Ciccone's Master List Of Witnesses) have some additional names.

I've already collected names from those three sources and put them on index cards, but haven't yet really dug into examining the statements of each witness and trying to put it all together. I'm wondering if it's even necessary, or if it's just my OCD acting up again. I know there was never a true survey of all the witnesses (and that many witnesses were bullied into going along with the official story), but it always bugs me whenever I read a JFK book and they use vague terms in describing how many people heard how many shots and where they thought they were coming from.

There's a Dealey Plaza witness breakdown included as one of Walt Brown's ebooks from his JFK chronology, and it runs hundreds of pages with quotes, analysis and commentary. I'm yet to really dig into it. The Kindle version is linked below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Chronology-JFK-Assassination-Appendix-ebook/dp/B00G4G0E1E

Edited by Anthony Thorne

14 hours ago, David G. Healy said:

This map has always been of assistance for me. Don Roberdeau  updates it regularly. He is also a member of the Ed Forum.

8vSS1dp.gif

I've seen that before, but thanks for linking to it again. It's hard for me to get a tremendous amount from it, but that's my fault. I just find most of it difficult to read. I do appreciate the work that went into it, and the pictures from the "sniper's nest". It also helps me to understand where the Harper fragment was found (something I've never been 100% clear on.)

13 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

There's a Dealey Plaza witness breakdown included as one of Walt Brown's ebooks from his JFK chronology, and it runs hundreds of pages with quotes, analysis and commentary. I'm yet to really dig into it. The Kindle version is linked below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Chronology-JFK-Assassination-Appendix-ebook/dp/B00G4G0E1E

Thanks very much for the tip! I'll definitely get it.

16 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Does anyone think we need another breakdown of Dealey Plaza witness? As in, location, number of shots, direction of shots, and any other relevant statements?

https://www.history-matters.com/analysis/witness/index.htm

The one linked above is the one I've been using the most, but it appears not to have been updated in over 15 years. It also seems other sources (including Mark Lane's Rush To Judgment and Craig Ciccone's Master List Of Witnesses) have some additional names.

I've already collected names from those three sources and put them on index cards, but haven't yet really dug into examining the statements of each witness and trying to put it all together. I'm wondering if it's even necessary, or if it's just my OCD acting up again. I know there was never a true survey of all the witnesses (and that many witnesses were bullied into going along with the official story), but it always bugs me whenever I read a JFK book and they use vague terms in describing how many people heard how many shots and where they thought they were coming from.

I do.  I think if one re-surveys witnesses in Dealey Plaza a good question to analyze is "Where was the President (presidential limousine) when you heard shots?"  You might be surprised at some of the statements a lot of witnesses made.  They are not in tune with the official story and a lot of conspiracy theories. 

On 2/6/2019 at 2:04 PM, David G. Healy said:

This map has always been of assistance for me. Don Roberdeau  updates it regularly. He is also a member of the Ed Forum.

8vSS1dp.gif

14 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

I've seen that before, but thanks for linking to it again. It's hard for me to get a tremendous amount from it, but that's my fault. I just find most of it difficult to read. I do appreciate the work that went into it, and the pictures from the "sniper's nest". It also helps me to understand where the Harper fragment was found (something I've never been 100% clear on.)

Don Roberdeau has done a tremendous amount of work on this and provided us all with a valuable resource.

Good to see that Don has included the following:

1. Sixty-year-old F. Lee Mudd as Redshirt Man standing several steps below Emmett J. Hudson and the "young fellow. . . in his late twenties. . . [who] worked over there on Industrial" on the grassy knoll stairway.

2. Fourteen-year-old LV Stockard Junior High student Alan Smith as one of the two, letterman jacket-clad teenage boys on the Elm Street sidewalk behind and just west of the Chisms.

3. Thirty-six-year-old Doris Mumford as the woman sitting in the grass near the Newman family shortly after the shots.

Thanks, Don.

Ken

Edited by Ken Rheberg