The Education Forum

LHO was the "alleged" assassin?

Cory Santos

Interestingly poor reporting on the subject.  What could have been a well written historical explanation was of course filled with opinion and a complete failure to understand all the evidence.  It is not a legal fact that LHO shot JFK because there was no trial.  It is not a historical fact because there is still a debate.  The Warren omission, if not a legal document, is really just a recommendation for historians to consider.  It being from the government makes it no less true.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjihIWhsMfgAhVgGDQIHcusAj4QzPwBegQIARAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newswest9.com%2F2019%2F02%2F18%2Foswald-killed-kennedy-thats-not-what-official-marker-says%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Wef4z37VoxEzeruXD378C&ust=1550651267531922

Edited by Cory Santos

David really wanted to make sure that the new guy Chris didn't get any ideas in his head about Oswald being not guilty. It's very important to this man, whose job is verifying the truth in the news department of WFAA, in 2019, to make sure all the news anchors believe Oswald is guilty.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:05 AM, Micah Mileto said:

And then they say truthers have psychological problems. What's the medical term for poor research and stupidity? "Dunning-kruger effect" is overused to the point where idiots just use it to sound smart.

Micah, I just viewed the "Dunning-Kruger Effect" definition and I was immediately struck by it's clear application toward and regards Donald Trump.

He constantly refers to himself as brilliant and that he knows more than everyone else in almost every area of knowledge and study.

He is totally oblivious to his own true level lack of understanding and informed knowledge especially relative to those who are on a higher level with proven credibility.

And this is mixed with a professional wrestlers addiction to outrageous public boasting and cheering crowd approval.   

God help us through his presidency!

I just had a real fright. Or maybe I should say a close shave. First time I have ever seen a "Redirect Notice." I clipped on the link Cory provided and got this message:

"The previous page is sending you to http://www.newswest9.com/2019/02/18/oswald-killed-kennedy-thats-not-what-official-marker-says/.

If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page."

So do I want to go there or not? Has anything bad happened to those who have gone there?

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

I just had a real fright. Or maybe I should say a close shave. First time I have ever seen a "Redirect Notice." I clipped on the link Cory provided and got this message:

"The previous page is sending you to http://www.newswest9.com/2019/02/18/oswald-killed-kennedy-thats-not-what-official-marker-says/.

If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page."

So do I want to go there or not? Has anything bad happened to those who have gone there?

Bad?  Well I wasted my time reading about a couple of lone nutters in the main stream media (surprise, surprise) who flirt with the word alleged then stick their heads back in the sand.

8 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Bad?  Well I wasted my time reading about a couple of lone nutters in the main stream media (surprise, surprise) who flirt with the word alleged then stick their heads back in the sand.

Thanks. The word "alleged" is obsolete in criminal matters anyway. Today on national TV that "Empire" guy Jussie Smollett was tried and convicted by the police chief of Chicago. The chief told us what Smollett did, why he did it, and how shameful and despicable he is. Now there seems little doubt that Smollett is guilty of filing a false police report, but isn't he supposed to have a trial, and he's "innocent" till then unless he pleads guilty? And the talking heads on TV including "Judge" Napolitano praised the chief for all but going ahead and pronouncing sentence.

The redirect link is fine, brings you to the story. What a terribly written news article including using the name Farris and Ferris. I guess they don't have editors. Also, what's the point of the article? Is there a revolution to change the plaque and remove "allegedly"? I praise the historical commission that they actually are not definitive and shocked that the word is on the plaque. But that news story is garbage.