The Education Forum

In Dealey Plaza today

I am here on business and went down to Dealey.  Few observations from this visit   First, I cannot understand why the bookstore continues to only stock LHO did it books.  Posner and Bugliosi and Mailer are prominently displayed.  Fonzo's book is there, nothing from the film JFK which renewed so much intrest in the 1990s.  There is an odd picture of LBJ alone smiling for sale   The plaque outside the TSBD says LHO allegedly shot JFK with allegedly circled.  

Lee Bowers really had a good viewpoint of the grassy knoll fence. 

I still say the best shot actually was where the drainage grates are before the knoll and overpass meet.

I dont see how anyone can say shots came from either of the pergolas.  There was no concealment nor was escape possible.

Why were people watching from the steps of the TSBD?  Not the best spot when one could walk further down elm into the plaza and really get close and see JFK.  

What a coincidence the reflecting pool points to the sixth floor.

The manholes in Dealey still intrigue me.

1 hour ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

I hope to see your POV later this year when I visit Dallas.  (Finally.)

Take time to go onto the triple overpass and look from where Sam Holland looked at and rushed to the grassy knoll , scoot down south to above where James Tague stood and was wounded.  Then go all the way to the end to the South Knoll, observe before you crawl around the transformer and descend around it.  Read Sherry Fister's book on it.  I think maybe the throat shot was from there.  Likely from right by where the end of the overpass/ transformer is now.  A 22 from a professional would take out his larynx to prevent any further cries of pain.

Edited by Ron Bulman

26 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Take time to go onto the triple overpass and look from where Sam Holland looked at and rushed to the grassy knoll , scoot down south to above where James Tague stood and was wounded.  Then go all the way to the end to the South Knoll, observe before you crawl around the transformer and descend around it.  Read Sherry Fister's book on it.  I think maybe the throat shot was from there.  Likely from right by where the end of the overpass/ transformer is now.  A 22 from a professional would take out his larynx to prevent any further cries of pain.

Are there any pro CTers down there that give tours that you know off? Will be in Texas next month for the 1st time. Was planning on going to DP but would also like to take a look at the route Oswald walked.

17 minutes ago, John Kozlowski said:

Are there any pro CTers down there that give tours that you know off? Will be in Texas next month for the 1st time. Was planning on going to DP but would also like to take a look at the route Oswald walked.

Lol, yes, kind of.  So first, there are bus tours that take you to Oswalds house, Texas theater, TSBD, etc.  

The sixth floor has a museum but I recommend buying tickets in advance because it sells out.

In the plaza there are these annoying guys who call themselves "tour guides".  They tell you uninformed stories and then ask for money.

There was one guy there selling videos and maps.

I have been there many times so know the area well.  

Plenty of good restaurants down the street.

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks!  🙂