The Education Forum

Beyond Theory

Another aspect that is Beyond Theory to me is Oswald ever ordering, picking up, having "his" money order processed, concealing or using the Mannlicher Carcano rifle.  Nor the pistol from Seaport Traders.  Didn't happen.  I defer to David Josephs at KennedysandKing, at least 2-3 articles I think. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is another thing we are supposed to think the WC was not aware of.

I don't buy it.  Belin had to know about this troubling information.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:21 PM, James DiEugenio said:

That is another thing we are supposed to think the WC was not aware of.

I don't buy it.  Belin had to know about this troubling information.

Interesting aside.  From Gary Shaw's Cover Up.  Sub chapter title:  "David Belin:  From Small Time Lawyer to Big Time Prostitute".

How can prominent Historians and Political Scientists at major Universities in  these United States in good conscience continue to ignore the Fact that that the JFK assassination was a Conspiracy, not a theory but a Fact?

Because, much like the press, their paycheck depends upon such?  Tenure is not a guarantee of truth?

BTW, if I recall, Belin was an estate lawyer.

Liebeler was a corporate lawyer.

In over up artist Shenon's pretty much worthless book, he describes how Willens, when the senior lawyers were leaving, hired guys who were just out of law school to do the biographies of Oswald and Ruby.

LOL, ROTF.  :(

That is kind of important because I recall that Sylvia Meagher wrote in some correspondence back in the sixties that in the summer of 1964, the Commission was in danger of falling apart.  They just did not think they could make the BS stick.  It was Willens who saved the day.  BTW, it was Willens who understood that the WC was not made up of seven Commissioners.  It was made up of four:  Ford, Dulles, McCloy and the figurehead Warren.  He actually wrote that in his diary and Jefferson Morley put it on his site.

This confirmed my thesis in my last book, that the Southern Wing--Cooper, Boggs, Russell-- had pretty much dropped out, since they did not buy what the Troika--Ford, Dulles, McCloy--was doing.  To the point that Russell wrote a resignation letter, which he did not submit.

The early critics misunderstood Russell's poor  attendance record. It wasn't because he was not interested.  Its because he was too interested and he realized what was going on was a rigged poker game with the cards being dealt from the bottom of the deck.

I have always felt that the saga of Russell was an underrated and ignored story.  I mean, his assistant, Scobey--who he brought up from Atlanta--later wrote an article which said that Oswald would not have been convicted in a real court of law.  And Russell did not buy Marina Oswald at all.  If you look at his examination of her--with Boggs and Cooper--down in Dallas near the end of the proceedings, its completely different than the whole staged patty cake examination by the Troika much earlier.  In fact, the Troika did not even show up for that later one.

Right before that examination, Russell, Boggs and Cooper went to Dealey Plaza. Russell went up to the Sixth Floor with an unloaded rifle to try and simulate the shots.  He came back down and told the other two, tongue in cheek:  yeah its an easy shot.

This is why the Troika did what they did at the last meeting, with the impersonator secretary making no notes.

Can't you just see Dulles going home that night, mixing himself a drink, and the telling someone like Angleton what happened: yeah Russell thought he had us but we sandbagged him.  And he won't figure it out for years.  Then hanging up and muttering to himself as he watches TV, "That Kennedy, he thought he was a god."

But when Russell found out what the Troika had done, he was the first Commissioner to denounce  the body.  Cooper and Boggs then followed suit.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 4/26/2019 at 8:14 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Another aspect that is Beyond Theory to me is Oswald ever ordering, picking up, having "his" money order processed, concealing or using the Mannlicher Carcano rifle.  Nor the pistol from Seaport Traders.  Didn't happen.  I defer to David Josephs at KennedysandKing, at least 2-3 articles I think. 

thanks Ron...  and yeah... between the FBI taking and not taking the microfilm, as well as having a copy of it made and returned to Waldman... man I'd love to see that film.

by Saturday mid morning, the FBI had laid out they didn't have the records for the right rifle....  so Sunday rolls around..

and upon further review....  what we couldn't find Friday or Saturday...  we found it.... kind of...

99489589_FBIreportfollowingFeldsottdiscussionon11-22-smaller.jpg.9b6fc1e9ad4030ae79d7b53d3262e4a4.jpg

We also have Harry Holmes' ridiculous story....  and then there's this guy... :rolleyes:

396055963_FBIAgentPINKSTONclaimingyearslatertohavebeen1stontheTSBDsceneandspokewithDayabouttherifle.thumb.jpg.dee99fcfe02391a2de7a89c32bfc458d.jpg

On 4/29/2019 at 11:01 PM, Ron Bulman said:

How can prominent Historians and Political Scientists at major Universities in  these United States in good conscience continue to ignore the Fact that that the JFK assassination was a Conspiracy, not a theory but a Fact?

Because, much like the press, their paycheck depends upon such?  Tenure is not a guarantee of truth?

Because if Department Head's did such they would be reprimanded to the point of retirement in spite tenure?