The Education Forum

"Guns between me and the White House"

51 minutes ago, Rob Couteau said:

What a prescient quote. Lane was always ahead of the curve. His last memoir makes for great reading. What newspaper is the clipping from, Tony?

Bennington Banner (Vermont)  pp2 - 11th June 68

13 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

I just added more to the first post from the article;

RFK-guns-2.png

Tony,

Any idea on which "Washington, D.C. television broadcast" six hours before the RFK assassination did Mark Lane reveal RFK's suspicions about JFK's murder?

That would be a clip worth having!

1 minute ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Tony,

Any idea on which "Washington, D.C. television broadcast" six hours before the RFK assassination did Mark Lane reveal RFK's suspicions about JFK's murder?

That would be a clip worth having!

I've been looking for it, no luck yet!

I bet it crossed Lane's mind that he said something he shouldn't of.

I mean....wouldn't putting such a quote in a popular paper be something of a bad decision? Essentially threatening RFK's life as well? I mean if you believe it was a conspiracy and those responsible were powerful enough to place guns between RFK and the WH, I'm not even sure I'd want such a statement quoted in a paper. If this is all legit...then wow.

11 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

so is there any evidence in any of the Garrison materials confirming the supposed message from RFK? 

On 10th May 1967, when Lane stated that RFK would launch his own investigation, Garrison was right there with him before the Grand Jury

If it is true that Mark lane made this, obviously, very private statement by RFK public, then he had to know he was putting the Senator's life in extreme danger.  And, as Tony states, Garrison was there when he said it, he obviously had no regard for RFK's safety!!

On 5/9/2019 at 6:31 AM, Terry Adams said:

If it is true that Mark lane made this, obviously, very private statement by RFK public, then he had to know he was putting the Senator's life in extreme danger.  And, as Tony states, Garrison was there when he said it, he obviously had no regard for RFK's safety!!

While maybe Lane shouldn't have made the statement publicly on television while RFK was still alive without his permission, it didn't cause RFK's death.  If it came six hours before he was shot, not before he died, the wheels were already in motion.  The plan was predicated on RFK winning California.  If he did it went into action.  Already rehearsed.  Maheu had Cesar lined up well before this and Sirhan hypnotized many times already.  Read A Lie Too Big to Fail and tell me different.

The timing of Lane's public remarks is chilling though.  I've never read this myself.  Thanks also for posting it Tony. 

Ron, I totally agree with you on everything you are saying.  I should have added it in my post.  The fact that he would take such information given him and make it public just angered me so much I had to say something about it.  When Robert Kennedy, himself, says "there are guns between me and the white house", it is because he knows this, it is not, in my opinion, speculation.  With all of the respect I have for Mark Lane, and it is immense, he should have known the risk he could be putting RFK in.  Obviously the Ambassador Hotel plan was already in the works, but my belief is that with Bobby saying he was going to prosecute the perpetrators of his brother's murder, it seemed that he had names.  These people were not going to let him get into the position to do that!!

Edited by Terry Adams