The Education Forum

"Guns between me and the White House"

7 hours ago, Terry Adams said:

Ron, I totally agree with you on everything you are saying.  I should have added it in my post.  The fact that he would take such information given him and make it public just angered me so much I had to say something about it.  When Robert Kennedy, himself, says "there are guns between me and the white house", it is because he knows this, it is not, in my opinion, speculation.  With all of the respect I have for Mark Lane, and it is immense, he should have known the risk he could be putting RFK in.  Obviously the Ambassador Hotel plan was already in the works, but my belief is that with Bobby saying he was going to prosecute the perpetrators of his brother's murder, it seemed that he had names.  These people were not going to let him get into the position to do that!!

It's ominous that JFK, MLK and RFK were all killed in cities where they were greatly hated by the highest influence establishments ( Dallas =Texas oil, Mayor, D.A. ? ) and for sure police departments of those cities.

I'll never forget listening to an audio tape of one of the managers of the Ambassador Hotel making the first call in to the L.A. police to report the shooting late evening June 6th. 1968.

This caller was a women and the police dispatcher was a man.

The manager first mentioned the shooting and then added that Robert Kennedy was staying at the hotel.

The male policeman then immediately responded to the mention of Robert Kennedy's name with this coldly contemptuous comment  ...   "BIG DEAL!"

The L.A. police department at that time was known to be generally very right wing...almost as much as the Dallas PD in 1963.

I am sure the same hierarchy in Memphis felt that same way about MLK in April of 1968.

I think JFK, RFK and MLK really didn't believe that the forces they threatened would actually go so far as to have them murdered.

Tragically they were wrong.

Well, when the Mafia became partners with the agencies...what would one expect?

The truth that we as a society haven't come to terms with yet ... America is a very dangerous country ( and was in the 1960's )  if you truly threaten the real powers to be.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I don’t think Lane put RFK’s life in danger. It didn’t matter what RFK or Lane said publicly, he was a marked man. 

It appears that over the years a handful of other daily newspapers across the U.S. have repeated the words RFK allegedly said to Jim Garrison.  Here's another one in addition to what Tony posted.

It's from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Friday, Dec. 6, 1974, p4:

RFK_Guns_WH.jpg

3 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I don’t think Lane put RFK’s life in danger. It didn’t matter what RFK or Lane said publicly, he was a marked man. 

I think marked for quite a while Paul.  When he ran for Senate the people who killed JFK knew he was not totally devastated or intimidated by his brothers death and was not going to go quietly into the night.  It was a signal to them that he might run in 68, to have a plan and people in place if he did.  When he declared his candidacy they were activated.  When he won the California primary and it then looked likely he would probably win the nomination, they were ready and acted immediately. 

• 2 weeks later...

As I slowly read Burying The Lead I came across this tonight "In November of 1967 Mark Lane asserted on the John Hightower show...and later in he New York Free Press...two different emissaries... known by Garrison to be associated with Kennedy... did not believe the Warren Commission conclusion... and agreed a conspiracy had taken the life of his brother."  "According to comedian Mort Sahl … the message from Bobby Kennedy was "I must wait until I reach the Whitehouse".  Pgs. 224-225.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:01 PM, Tony Krome said:

Mark Lane in 1967;

RFK-guns-1.png

Mark Lane in 1968;

RFK-guns.png

Then check out what Lane revealed publicly .... then 6 hours later, RFK was dead;

RFK-guns-2.png

If Lane said this 6 hours before RFK died then it was almost 20 hours after he was shot.  He was shot about 12:15 AM on June 5.  He died at 1:44 AM on June 6.  In trying to figure this out for myself I came across this interesting article from an unusual source.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/06/04/robert-f-kennedy-forgotten-day-1968-his-shooting-and-his-death/654751002/

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

If Lane said this 6 hours before RFK died then it was almost 20 hours after he was shot.  He was shot about 12:15 AM on June 5.  He died at 1:44 AM on June 6.  In trying to figure this out for myself I came across this interesting article from an unusual source.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/06/04/robert-f-kennedy-forgotten-day-1968-his-shooting-and-his-death/654751002/

The Lane broadcast was on June 4th, Tuesday evening, before RFK was "shot" just after midnight. 

I had

On 5/16/2019 at 1:48 PM, David Andrews said:

It's possible Lane thought he could diffuse the threat to Kennedy with what seemed a bold political statement.  And was he wrong.

Yesterday morning I read this thread at the start of another beautiful Spring Dutch day; it chilled me so much I couldn't linger on the Forum and had to try and find warm blood. All these years later, yet it hits its an open target and scores.

So, we have Mark Lane asserting before the New Orleans Grand Jury May, 10 1967, not the public, for Garrison in his pursuit of indictments, that RFK did not believe the Warren Commission, that his brother died as the result of a conspiracy.  Then again in November 1967 on The Jim Hightower Show, WFAN-TV, Washington, and later in the New York Free Press, (Hyman, Burying the Lead, pgs. 224-5), the same thing.  Also from it in the same time period Mort Sahl says the message from Bobby Kennedy is that "I must wait until I get to the Whitehouse...[to] get the guys who killed Jack".  Then, on June 4th, six hours before RFK is shot at 12:15 on the 5th, Lane says on Washington TV "there are guns between me and the Whitehouse", quoted on 6/11 in the Vermont newspaper?              Is this closer to accurate?  Just trying to sort this out in my own mind. 

Edited by Ron Bulman