The Education Forum

Bernardo De Torres is Dead

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

Bernardo De Torres retired to Florida. According to his daughter (August 2006): "He lives a peaceful life in sunny Florida with his sister,a cat named cookie and his military trained German Shepard. That dog is seriously licensed to kill. He is divorced and has 4 children who are all spread out over the globe. We all get along even though most of us are from different mothers. He likes to drink his Coca Cola and bet at the dog track occasionally. He takes extremely good care of his health. He works out and even injects himself with vitamins. He is the leanest 72 year old you will ever know. I don't know why people think he lives in South America. He hates those places because to him they are third world countries. Granted he loves to travel but he won't waste him money there."

And none of those kids could keep him from wandering in traffic in Miami at age 84, then dying in the charity ward.  This was a connected assassin and racketeer.

Excellent point. As to your second sentence, I couldn't agree more. All the evidence that is available indicates that clearly. Either they didn't know, or were in denial.

On 5/13/2019 at 6:12 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Just a few notes, observations and questions from Mr. Simkin's writings on De Torres in his thread (after you get past the google issues, in between some bickering by members).

"(Eladio) del Valle's brutalized body was discovered in the vicinity of De Torres Miami apartment".  Never read that before . The death certificate shown in this thread for Del Valle shows  place of death as N W 37th and 7th street in Miami, but under cause of death, place of injury is unknown and city or town is unincorporated.  I've read before he was found in the front seat of his own car hacked in the head with a machete and shot in the chest, in a parking lot.  I don't really see someone doing this to him in his own car elsewhere then driving his body to the parking lot, in an unincorporated area, at NW 37th and 7th in Miami.  I don't know where De Torres lived at the time.  But, if he was recently hunting del Valle for Garrison and quit could he have been involved in del Valle's death?  De Torres was purposefully misleading Garrison, supposedly reporting to the CIA on his operations.  If his masters didn't want del Valle to be found might De Torres arranged a meeting by himself or associates somewhere in the vicinity of his home?  Speculation.  Reasonable?

To paraphrase, "Carlos (De Torres?) didn't realize when he received his HSCA subpoena that his phone was tapped.  His first call after receiving it was to McLean Virginia".

"the HSCA developed evidence that De Torres was actually a CIA officer With Links To Military Intelligence."  I'm confused.  Maybe that's easily done, maybe it's partially intentional.  The term Military Intelligence has come up more and more in what I've read in the last few years.  Several people on here have mentioned or discussed it, Larry Hancock, Steve Thomas (and the Colonels), Paul Brancato, others.  I've never seen the term defined, is it loose or general or all encompassing?  ONI covers Navy and Marines.  I've read of Airforce and Army intelligence.  Do they all originate from a central controlling and coordinating entity they answer to in the pentagon and or the DIA?  I think I've read in the last year John Newman concludes now Antonio Veciana was Military Intelligence as opposed to CIA.  Was he covering for them by pointing the finger at Phillips and them regarding Oswald?  Then De Torres was actually a CIA officer with MI links.  Which was the true more powerful secretive master, the one with trained practiced sniper teams readily available?  Would they assassinate their commander in chief on order from immediate superiors?  Didn't Richard Case Nagell come from Military Intelligence?  Wouldn't commit treason.  Fired one shot into a bank wall or ceiling and went to prison instead?

7 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Take it from guys who know: writing a book will not keep you from dying homeless and broke.

I know what you're saying. I'm not homeless and broke, but as an author of books I might as well be.

11 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Just a few notes, observations and questions from Mr. Simkin's writings on De Torres in his thread (after you get past the google issues, in between some bickering by members).

"(Eladio) del Valle's brutalized body was discovered in the vicinity of De Torres Miami apartment".  Never read that before . The death certificate shown in this thread for Del Valle shows  place of death as N W 37th and 7th street in Miami, but under cause of death, place of injury is unknown and city or town is unincorporated.  I've read before he was found in the front seat of his own car hacked in the head with a machete and shot in the chest, in a parking lot.  I don't really see someone doing this to him in his own car elsewhere then driving his body to the parking lot, in an unincorporated area, at NW 37th and 7th in Miami.  I don't know where De Torres lived at the time.  But, if he was recently hunting del Valle for Garrison and quit could he have been involved in del Valle's death?  De Torres was purposefully misleading Garrison, supposedly reporting to the CIA on his operations.  If his masters didn't want del Valle to be found might De Torres arranged a meeting by himself or associates somewhere in the vicinity of his home?  Speculation.  Reasonable?

To paraphrase, "Carlos (De Torres?) didn't realize when he received his HSCA subpoena that his phone was tapped.  His first call after receiving it was to McLean Virginia".

"the HSCA developed evidence that De Torres was actually a CIA officer With Links To Military Intelligence."  I'm confused.  Maybe that's easily done, maybe it's partially intentional.  The term Military Intelligence has come up more and more in what I've read in the last few years.  Several people on here have mentioned or discussed it, Larry Hancock, Steve Thomas (and the Colonels), Paul Brancato, others.  I've never seen the term defined, is it loose or general or all encompassing?  ONI covers Navy and Marines.  I've read of Airforce and Army intelligence.  Do they all originate from a central controlling and coordinating entity they answer to in the pentagon and or the DIA?  I think I've read in the last year John Newman concludes now Antonio Veciana was Military Intelligence as opposed to CIA.  Was he covering for them by pointing the finger at Phillips and them regarding Oswald?  Then De Torres was actually a CIA officer with MI links.  Which was the true more powerful secretive master, the one with trained practiced sniper teams readily available?  Would they assassinate their commander in chief on order from immediate superiors?  Didn't Richard Case Nagell come from Military Intelligence?  Wouldn't commit treason.  Fired one shot into a bank wall or ceiling and went to prison instead?

There are differences between being an intelligence officer, an intelligence agent, and an intelligence asset.  CIA used these terms, not sure about other agencies.

Larry Hancock recommended this book to me.  There are editions covering several historical periods:

https://archive.org/details/usintelligenceco00rich_0

Jeffrey T. Richelson, The US Intelligence Community.

Practical relations between the intelligence services is, of course, not a textbook matter.

See also the Larry-recommended:

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Intelligence-Lessons-Clandestine-Service/dp/0143123378

Henry Crumpton, The Art of intelligence.

This is a good, recent book (2008) on the new, privatized intelligence community:

https://www.amazon.com/Spies-Hire-Secret-Intelligence-Outsourcing/dp/0743282248

Tim Shorrock, Spies for Hire.

Fletcher Prouty's The Secret Team offers a view on how the CIA penetrated the military and corporate world, and other intelligence services.  The extent to which that goes on today is undocumented.

Edited by David Andrews

12 hours ago, Darrell Curtis said:

Excellent point. As to your second sentence, I couldn't agree more. All the evidence that is available indicates that clearly. Either they didn't know, or were in denial.

There's no safety net in that business.  Ask Richard Case Nagell, Guy Banister...

I have now updated my page on Bernardo De Torres and it is now fully referenced.

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKtorres.htm

I see it is not now banned by Google. The CIA do not protect assets after they have died. For example, there was no problem naming David Sanchez Morales as being behind the assassination after his death in 1978.

Most of the early information I got about Bernardo De Torres was someone who was clearly frightened of him. Although he did not think De Torres was directly involved in the killing (he did admit to being in Dealey Plaza at the time and of even having photographs of the event), he was involved in the clean-up operation and probably was the man responsible for the death of people like Eladio del Valle.  

• 2 weeks later...