The Education Forum

DR Costella's leaning lamppost

Do you ever wonder why these people have been identified from the back and not the front?  You can’t see their facial features.  Are they being identified from their clothing?  Body size? What?  Where they said they were?  Lots of luck with that.

Zapruder-people-identified-in-mannequin-

Betzner and Willis photographed this group from the SW corner of Elm and Houston.  Why not use those photos?  They show their faces.  Don’t the faces match the bodies?

To the point.  Robin Unger claims there is a large gap of about 30 feet between the last woman in line with the blue scarf and the Stemmons sign.  He says you can see this in the Bronson frame.  And, that is correct there is about 30 feet between the woman with the scarf and the Stemmons sign in the Bronson frame.

How did I get 30 feet? 

zapruder-bronson-comparison.jpg

I measured the on-screen image of the presidential limousine as 6.5mm.  It can be more of less according to your screen.  That 6.5mm represents 21.25 feet which is the length of the presidential limousine. 

I then measured the distance between the woman with the blue scarf to the Stemmons sign and that was 9.5mm.   The difference is less than 50% or about 30 feet.  Which is a rough estimate, but will serve to make he point.

The Bronson frame shows only about 10 of the 19 people in Mannequin Row.  Extending east that would add another 21 feet for the other 9 people making the distance between the lamppost and the Stemmons sign about 70 feet.  Does the line of people to the Stemmons sign look like an area of 70 feet in Zapruder.

In Betzner and Willis we don’t see this gap.  Unger Claims this is due to perspective and camera angle. 

Betzner-Large-a.jpg

I don’t see any room here for a 30 or so foot gap.  The camera angle does not appear to be that extreme.  The size of the people appears right for about a distance of 40 feet and not 70 feet.

We have the same problem here in Willis.  The camera angle is not extreme and there is no 30 foot gap as demonstrated by the size of the people.

willis-5-zframe-202-compare-b1.jpg

What do we make of this?  Is Unger and the Bronson frame right and is Betzner and Willis wrong?  Is Zapruder and Unger right and there is 30 or so feet between the sign and the woman with the blue scarf?  Or, is Betzner and Willis wrong?

I will be interested to see what warped thinking they come up with to sort this out.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moorman-Glen-Mc-Bride-a1.jpg

Where is the perspective problem here?  This is equivalent to Zapruder prior to the Zapruder Gap.  Probably just before the Zapruder Gap.

Edited by John Butler

bothun-maybe-1.jpg

Where is the perspective problem here?  This could be about 20 or 30 seconds, maybe less, (based on the Bell) film) when Ike Altgens walked across Elm towards the Stemmons sign.  Remember Ike is a speedy devil capable of fast movement.

Edited by John Butler

breaking-the-news-19-couch-film-ab-2.jpg

Where is the perspective problem here?  This is roughly 30 seconds after the assassination.  A crowd of 19 people would not have had time to disperse.

OBTW, notice that there is not a group of 10 railroad men and 1 policeman on the Triple Underpass.  That gives the lie to other films/photos in Dealey Plaza.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:19 AM, Robin Unger said:

Willis family standing next to the white column as seen in the Bronson film.

Bronson3.gif

Robin,

Look who appears, as the taller guy moves closer to, what more than likely is, his wife in the white coat.

6d61a764-f842-4205-82b4-0e081e4443f4-ori

“Texas Monthly”
interview with Rosemary Willis Roach, her sister Linda Willis Pool, and mother Marilyn Willis

Credit: Anthony Marsh

Marilyn: My husband was an executive salesman at the Downtown Lincoln and he had a friend that worked in the used car department and someone that identified himself as Oswald took him on a wild, wild ride. A test drive. Oswald couldn't even drive a car.

TM: When the gunshots went off, what were you doing? Your kids were running around.

Marilyn: Looking for them. My parents had gone around the end, if you're familiar with Bronson's picture, the jacket on his book. It shows my mother. She's in a white coat with a blue scarf tied around her head. My daddy's following her. They went around the south end of the center of Dealey Plaza. My husband had gone up the sidewalk, and the two kids following him, and I was stuck there in the last window of the pavilion in Dealey Plaza by the reflecting pool. Well, I didn't know where they were, and I set out to find ...the Roaches.

Image2.jpg

Skaggs3.jpg

Is this the same time we see Phil in the street blocking the view as the presidential limousine goes by in Muchmore.  Oh, can't be!  Here he is in Skaggs on the sidewalk by the lamppost filming.   That would make him in two places at once!

Bronson3.gif

That can't be Phil Willis over there by the monument.  Here's my reasoning:

No. 1:  You can't see through him as you do in Muchmore.

No. 2:  He has a normal appearing head.  In Muchmore that his head is flat, truncated.

No. 3:  He has normal appearing legs.  His right leg is not an enormous leg.

No. 4:  He doesn't appear to be two places at once as seen in Muchmore and Skaggs.

With this kind of evidence it can't be Phil.

Edited by John Butler

"Marilyn: Looking for them. My parents had gone around the end, if you're familiar with Bronson's picture, the jacket on his book. It shows my mother. She's in a white coat with a blue scarf tied around her head. My daddy's following her. They went around the south end of the center of Dealey Plaza. My husband had gone up the sidewalk, and the two kids following him, and I was stuck there in the last window of the pavilion in Dealey Plaza by the reflecting pool. Well, I didn't know where they were, and I set out to find ...the Roaches. "

So, what's the point.  This is well known information.  Marilyn has some creditability problems on her location.

Mannequin Row has 19 people in it.  I always assumed that people are about 2 feet wide at the shoulders.  If you do the math then Mannequin Row is about 38-40 feet in width.

I can't believe these calculations based on this internet information:

"Based on their measurements, the average shoulder width for American women was 14.4 inches (36.7 cm). Based on the shoulder measurements of 7,476 men aged 20 years and older taken during the same time period, the average shoulder width of men in the United States was 16.1 inches (41.1 cm).Oct 26, 2018"

I average the male and female shoulder widths and came up with 15.25 inches.  I then multiplied it for 19 people.  This came out to 289.75 inches or 24.15 feet.  There is a few inches in between people there and will add more to that figure.

But, that is not much wider than the presidential limousine, SS-100-X at 21.25 feet.  It is closer to 30 feet than 40 feet then for Mannequin Row.

So, a 30 foot Mannequin Row and a 30 foot gap between the woman in the blue scarf and the Stemmons sign is 60 feet.  It still doesn't look that way in Zapruder, Betzner, and Willis. 

Anybody think this is strange?

Edited by John Butler

1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

Robin, Chris. As always, great work. Thanks for sharing.

This last picture is one I've never seen before.  They've turned right after thunderous approval on Main onto Houston, JFK leans over to hear smiling Jackie, whatever she said.  For the last time.  Damn it all !!!  As Connally looks to his front and left attentively.  Where he will be shot in a minute or so.