The Education Forum

Two Oswalds in the Texas Theater

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

So this note is supposedly from the DPD files, on Oswald?  Any idea what the circled 180 and 221 relate to? Is there a box or file number for it regarding the Dallas Archives?  

The note is found in a box/folder/file along with various other unorganized materials.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box7.htm

Box 7, Folder 10, # 26

Description: Note - handwritten, by an unknown author.  Handwritten note, (Photocopy), date unknown. 00002288  1 page  07  10  026  2288-001.gif

The circled 180 and 221 are not explained, however the official list of items from Oswald's pocket says his "torn" $1 bill had "300" written on it with pencil. 

Edited by Micah Mileto

1 hour ago, Micah Mileto said:

The note is found in a box/folder/file along with various other unorganized materials.

Box 7, Folder 10, # 26

Description: Note - handwritten, by an unknown author.  Handwritten note, (Photocopy), date unknown. 00002288  1 page  07  10  026  2288-001.gif

The circles 180 and 221 are not explained, however the official list of items from Oswald's pocket says his "torn" $1 bill had "300" written on it with pencil. 

Thanks!  Note, 24, 25, 26 unknown author,  27 property clerk... property belonging to LHO 11/30/63.  (a week after?)  29 Prisoner Medical Record... several unknown authors among the entries.

BTW, don't want to loose this, #20, Ozzie's jacket via Westbrook with a California name tag?

2281-001.gifInital's WEB?

Edited by Ron Bulman

On 7/29/2019 at 10:23 PM, Micah Mileto said:

Box 7, Folder 10, # 26

The circles 180 and 221 are not explained, however the official list of items from Oswald's pocket says his "torn" $1 bill had "300" written on it with pencil. 

Micah,

Did you see the next item, Item# 27?

Pictures huh?

Wonder where they got to.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

15 hours ago, B. A. Copeland said:

Whew.....tough question there Steve. If a solid, evidence-based answer to that could be given, the entire Texas Theater gig (officially) would be wounded even further.

B.A,,

I asked. " By possessing the halves of two different bills,...was he supposed to meet up with two different people at different stages who might, or might not know each other?"

I asked that for a reason

Let's envision a scenario where Oswald did do it. He shot the President and killed a policeman; either for his own motives, or at the behest of someone else.

He needed an escape plan that had two parts. The first part was to get out of the country quickly, say by flying to Mexico. The first bill would establish his bona fides there.

The second bill would go towards getting him from Mexico to a second or third country, preferably one with no extradition treaty with the U.S.

There is that curious little story about a plane being held on the runway in Mexico City waiting on the arrival of a single passenger. That one always bothered me a little bit.

Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

There is that curious little story about a plane being held on the runway in Mexico City waiting on the arrival of a single passenger. That one always bothered me a little bit.

Steve Thomas

Isn't there also a story about a plane sitting with the engine idling at Redbird Airport the day of the assassination?  

9 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

B.A,,

I asked. " By possessing the halves of two different bills,...was he supposed to meet up with two different people at different stages who might, or might not know each other?"

I asked that for a reason

Let's envision a scenario where Oswald did do it. He shot the President and killed a policeman; either for his own motives, or at the behest of someone else.

He needed an escape plan that had two parts. The first part was to get out of the country quickly, say by flying to Mexico. The first bill would establish his bona fides there.

The second bill would go towards getting him from Mexico to a second or third country, preferably one with no extradition treaty with the U.S.

Steve Thomas

Very interesting scenario Steve as I've never considered both halves possibly being used for separate purposes. This causes me to wonder if there were ever plans for Lee to escape. That single passenger waiting is also fascinating.

5 hours ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

Isn't there also a story about a plane sitting with the engine idling at Redbird Airport the day of the assassination?  

This may have been part of the set-up of Classic Oswald®.  According to Wayne January, on 11/20/63 a guy who looked like “Oswald” approached American Aviation at Redbird Airport, about five miles south of downtown Dallas, and a man and woman accompanying him asked about renting a Cesna airplane on the afternoon of November 22, inquiring if it could fly as far as the Yucatan Peninsula (just 130 miles from Cuba).

This was the same day as the infamous Ralph Leon Yates hitchhiking incident!

And it was the same day a brown paper bag was mailed to “Lee Oswald” with a 601 West Nassau label pasted over it. That address didn’t exist, but since the envelope had insufficient postage, a postage due notice was sent to 2515 W. 5th, in Irvine (Ruth Paine’s address). The label therefore probably covered Ruth Paine’s address. Otherwise, how would the Post Office have known to send the postage due notice there?  The brown paper bag was probably meant to be touched by “Oswald” so his fingerprints would appear all over it, which would nicely complement the brown paper bag Ralph Leon Yates saw.  

package.jpg

November 20, 1963 was a busy day setting up the patsy!

19 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

This may have been part of the set-up of Classic Oswald®.  According to Wayne January, on 11/20/63 a guy who looked like “Oswald” approached American Aviation at Redbird Airport, about five miles south of downtown Dallas, and a man and woman accompanying him asked about renting a Cesna airplane on the afternoon of November 22, inquiring if it could fly as far as the Yucatan Peninsula (just 130 miles from Cuba).

This was the same day as the infamous Ralph Leon Yates hitchhiking incident!

And it was the same day a brown paper bag was mailed to “Lee Oswald” with a 601 West Nassau label pasted over it. That address didn’t exist, but since the envelope had insufficient postage, a postage due notice was sent to 2515 W. 5th, in Irvine (Ruth Paine’s address). The label therefore probably covered Ruth Paine’s address. Otherwise, how would the Post Office have known to send the postage due notice there?  The brown paper bag was probably meant to be touched by “Oswald” so his fingerprints would appear all over it, which would nicely complement the brown paper bag Ralph Leon Yates saw.  

package.jpg

November 20, 1963 was a busy day setting up the patsy!

I remember reading that story, too.  But this was a story about a plane sitting at the airport the day of the assassination, engine idling.  There were alleged reports of complaints made about the noise.  I will have to dig through and see where I read this, but it would have been in a well-known book on the subject.  

1 hour ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

I remember reading that story, too.  But this was a story about a plane sitting at the airport the day of the assassination, engine idling.  There were alleged reports of complaints made about the noise.  I will have to dig through and see where I read this, but it would have been in a well-known book on the subject.  

Maybe in Larry Hancock’s Someone would have talked? He has done more on Redbird than anyone I can recall. Search his name and Redbird airport and I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for. There are also a few old posts on here about the airport

1 hour ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

Here’s a couple good articles for you Stephanie.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/larryhancock.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/red-bird-and-oswald/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/larryhancock.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/red-bird-leads/amp/

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-mystery-of-red-bird-airport

On 7/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, Denis Morissette said:

So the plotters sent this look-alike to do what...? 

To draw attention to the Texas Theater so the Ozzie already there for half an hour looking for his contact could be killed.  But, he was arrested on the first floor dragged out the front and photographed.  While the look alike was arrested in the balcony, according to Stingfellow, the next day, and taken out the back per Burroughs and Haire.

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

To draw attention to the Texas Theater so the Ozzie already there for half an hour looking for his contact could be killed.  But, he was arrested on the first floor dragged out the front and photographed.  While the look alike was arrested in the balcony, according to Stingfellow, the next day, and taken out the back per Burroughs and Haire.

Absolutely!  My only question about this is was the Balcony Oswald really arrested, or were some of the cops so ticked off by the whole thing they put those reports about the balcony arrest through out of anger or to provide a clue to future detectives, or both.