The Education Forum

Two Oswalds in the Texas Theater

CAPT. WESTBROOK, with Lee Oswald's wallet, DRIVES TO 10TH & PATTON

Around 1:36 PM  Capt. Westbrook left the parking lot and drove a few blocks west to the library, in response to a report that a suspicious man was seen entering the building. After Sgt. Owens reported it was the wrong man at the library Capt. Westbrook drove to the Tippit murder scene for the first time.

NOTE: If Westbrook was the man seen by Mrs. Holan inspecting Tippit's body after he was shot and killed, then Westbrook's return to 10th & Patton had to be very brief. Otherwise, witnesses may have remembered his presence at 10th & Patton when Tippit was murdered.

Westbrook's reason for driving to 10th & Patton was to show fellow police officers the wallet given to him a half hour earlier by LEE Oswald. Identification in this wallet would identify "Lee Harvey Oswald" as the prime suspect in the murder of officer Tippit. Identification for Alek Hidell would link Oswald/Hidell to the rifle found on the 6th floor of the TSBD. There were now many police and dozens and dozens of on-lookers with whom Westbrook could mingle. Hopefully, nobody would recognize Westbrook as the man who was with LEE Oswald when Tippit was shot and killed.

Between 1:38 PM and 1:40 PM Capt. Westbrook arrived at 10th & Patton and ordered officers to search the area west of the shooting scene (in the direction of the Texas Theater).  He then began showing fellow officers the 2nd Oswald wallet. A few minutes later (1:42 PM) crime lab officers George Doughty, W.E. Barnes, and Paul Bentley arrived and inspected the wallet produced by Westbrook. FBI Agent Bob Barrett arrived, parked his car, and walked toward Tippit's patrol car. Barrett explained, "I went on over there and Captain Westbrook was there with several of his officers.... It hadn't been very long when Westbrook looked up and saw me and called me over. He had this wallet in his hand. Now, I don't know where he found it, but he had the wallet in his hand... the wallet was there. There's no getting around that. Westbrook had the wallet in his hand and asked me if I knew who these people were. I'm adamant that there was a wallet in somebody's hand and (Westbrook) asked me if I knew who 'Lee Harvey Oswald' was and who 'Hidell' were."  As Westbrook showed the wallet to Barrett and fellow DPD officers WFAA-TV (Channel 😎 news photographer Ron Reiland filmed the event. In the photo below Sgt. Bud Owens is holding the wallet and Capt. Doughty is looking at the wallet. Westbrook's possession of the wallet shows that he knew LEE Oswald, and knew about the pre-planned assassination of Officer Tippit. About 4-5 minutes after arriving at 10th & Patton Capt. Westbrook reclaimed the wallet and returned to the parking lot behind the Texaco Station. 

NOTE: Identification from the wallet guaranteed that HARVEY Oswald was the prime suspect in the murder of Officer Tippit and President Kennedy. If HARVEY Oswald had not been found in the Texas Theater, a nationwide manhunt would have begun for the former "defector," the "communist" supporter of Castro, the man (Hidell) who ordered a 6.5 mm Mannlicher-Carcano from Klein's, the man who ordered a .38 revolver from SeaPort traders, the man who left the TSBD after President Kennedy was shot, and the man whose identification was found in a wallet at the Tippit murder scene. The wallet produced by Westbrook at the Tippit murder scene is the best single piece of evidence that proves both conspiracy and the framing of HARVEY Oswald. This wallet was never initialed by DPD officers, never entered into evidence, never turned over to the identification bureau or homicide department, never mentioned in police reports or FBI reports or discussed with the Warren Commission. This wallet, shown to officers for only a few minutes, was last seen in Westbrook's hands and then disappeared.

WFAA.jpg

A frame from Ron Reiland's WFAA newsreel footage

Both Westbrook and Croy were interviewed by the WC, but neither man discussed the wallet with the FBI, WC, or anyone at any time. In 1996 Croy, for the first time, told researchers that an "unknown witness" gave him gave the wallet, which he then gave to Westbrook. It should not surprise anyone to learn there is no existing evidence to support or verify his claim. Not one witness, not one ambulance driver, not one neighbor, and not one bystander nor anyone saw a wallet lying on the street, in Tippit's car or anywhere. Ted Calloway arrived before Tippit's body was loaded in the ambulance. Callaway said, "I'll tell you one thing, there was no billfold at that scene. If there was, there would have been too many people who would have seen it." Because of their actions and involvement at 10th & Patton, we now know that Westbrook, Croy, and LEE Oswald conspired to murder Officer Tippit, and frame HARVEY Oswald for the crime.

For the whole story, SEE HERE!

Edited by Jim Hargrove

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Armstrong said:

we now know that Westbrook, Croy, and LEE Oswald conspired to murder Officer Tippit, and frame HARVEY Oswald for the crime.

Despicable allegations there against DPD officers Croy and Westbrook. But it's par for the course for many conspiracy theorists. They couldn't care less how many people they accuse of being murderers and l-i-a-r-s on the flimiest of evidence (which amounts, really, to no "evidence" at all ---- a gut feeling is more than enough "evidence" for the John Armstrongs and Jim Hargroves of the world).

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/wallets-part-1.html

Edited by David Von Pein

20 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Ok now I have a question.  Several actually since DVP has not provided his thoughts on that which you have been writing. 

If the movie starts at 1 and this Oswald is in the theater, who gets popcorn fifteen minutes later?  Did he go back out?  Could not be the Oswald who went to his boarding house.   So which Oswald are you suggesting went upstairs?   Could you explain this a little more?  Which do you believe bought popcorn, was seen by Brewer, went in without a ticket, was arrested and brought out the front, was arrested and brought out the back.  Is there any concrete proof another person was arrested.  So clear even DVP would admit two arrests were made? If so can you provide it?

If you need DVP to help you understand this you have my sympathy.  I don't pretend to fully but if your going to lean on the Warren Omission theories, they were proven long ago to be a house of cards.

One Oswald came in between 1:00 and 1:07 per Burroughs.  He was counting candy at the concession stand and couldn't see the door because of a partition.  He heard it open.  If whoever opened it didn't come by him entering the ground floor of the theater itself they had to go up the stairs he also couldn't see to the balcony .  At 1:15 the man he later saw drug out the front door by the DPD came and bought popcorn from him.  He concluded this was the person who came in between 1:00 when the movie started and 1:07 and went straight up to the balcony.

At 1:35 Johnny Brewer, and maybe an employee of his, came in chasing a suspicious person.  He had already heard on the radio that an officer had been shot near by incredibly.  The official story says Tippitt was shot at 1:15.  A man ducked into his shoe store doorway when a police car went by.  He went out front and lost track of the guy in front of the Texas Theater.  He asked the ticket seller if she had sold a ticket.  she said no.  "Entering the theater, Brewer learned... Burroughs had heard the front doors open, but had seen no one enter the theater lobby".  Thirty Minutes Before.

Why didn't Brewer check the balcony if nobody went by Burroughs?

Why the 1:45 DPD dispatch, "suspect in the balcony".

Why the Tippitt murder report, "suspect arrested in the balcony".

Who did Burroughs and Haire see taken out the back door?  That Haire saw put in a police car and taken away in it?

A suspect in the balcony.  A suspect arrested in the balcony.  Two witnesses see a suspect taken out the back door.  One sees him put in a police car and taken away.

A piss poor excuse of an investigation.  Covered up.  Two Oswald's in the TT.

4 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

If you need DVP to help you understand this you have my sympathy.  I don't pretend to fully but if your going to lean on the Warren Omission theories, they were proven long ago to be a house of cards.

One Oswald came in between 1:00 and 1:07 per Burroughs.  He was counting candy at the concession stand and couldn't see the door because of a partition.  He heard it open.  If whoever opened it didn't come by him entering the ground floor of the theater itself they had to go up the stairs he also couldn't see to the balcony .  At 1:15 the man he later saw drug out the front door by the DPD came and bought popcorn from him.  He concluded this was the person who came in between 1:00 when the movie started and 1:07 and went straight up to the balcony.

At 1:35 Johnny Brewer, and maybe an employee of his, came in chasing a suspicious person.  He had already heard on the radio that an officer had been shot near by incredibly.  The official story says Tippitt was shot at 1:15.  A man ducked into his shoe store doorway when a police car went by.  He went out front and lost track of the guy in front of the Texas Theater.  He asked the ticket seller if she had sold a ticket.  she said no.  "Entering the theater, Brewer learned... Burroughs had heard the front doors open, but had seen no one enter the theater lobby".  Thirty Minutes Before.

Who did Burroughs and Haire see taken out the back door?  That Haire saw put in a police car and taken away in it?

A suspect in the balcony.  A suspect arrested in the balcony.  Two witnesses see a suspect taken out the back door.  One sees him put in a police car and taken away.

Why do you think they both ended up in the TT? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have them go to different places so this scenario doesn’t happen and they are both seen by multiple people? Not saying I don’t agree with what you’re saying I just don’t know why they would want them in the same place at the same time. The real Oswald was looking for someone with the matching $1 bill. What was the other Oswald doing there? 

24 minutes ago, John Kozlowski said:

Why do you think they both ended up in the TT? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have them go to different places so this scenario doesn’t happen and they are both seen by multiple people? Not saying I don’t agree with what you’re saying I just don’t know why they would want them in the same place at the same time. The real Oswald was looking for someone with the matching $1 bill. What was the other Oswald doing there? 

The few minutes after 1:00 Oswald, with his torn in half dollar bill went or was taken there looking for a contact, his only hope of getting out of Dallas.  He was set up.  The 1:35 ish Oswald led the DPD to his counterpart.  He was then taken out the back door then away.  Food for thought.  More realistic than the WO smoothe over?

Edited by Ron Bulman

53 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks Ron.  Yet again you missed the point of the questions.  However, I do not mind.   So it appears you are basing the idea that an Oswald entered the theater at 1:00 on the following:  

"One Oswald came in between 1:00 and 1:07 per Burroughs.  He was counting candy at the concession stand and couldn't see the door because of a partition.  He heard it open.  If whoever opened it didn't come by him entering the ground floor of the theater itself they had to go up the stairs he also couldn't see to the balcony"  Ron Bulman.

So the only witness to this alleged Oswald at 1 was Burroughs who did not actually see him per your above statement? 

That is not how things work.  

If he could not identify the man who entered around 1 then his later, as you called it, conclusion, that it was LHO is nothing more than speculation.

Anything else to prove an Oswald was there at 1?

As for the popcorn purchase at 1:15 that is the better point to pursue.  

But lets see what Burroughs actually testified to.

"Mr. Ball.
They asked you if you had seen a man come in there without a ticket?
Mr. Burroughs.
Yes.
Mr. Ball.
What did you tell him?
Mr. Burroughs.
I said, "I haven't seen him myself. He might have, but I didn't see him when he came in. He must have sneaked in and run on upstairs before I saw him."

So in his testimony he speculates, assumes, and cannot identify how or when LHO entered the theater.

One more thought on this second arrest.  Following the two Oswald theory, per 2 police reports one was arrested in the balcony.  Yet, Burrough's allegedly said he "saw" the second arrest.  How?  He was still on the first floor.  Can you explain that?

8 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Thanks Ron.  Yet again you missed the point of the questions.  However, I do not mind.   So it appears you are basing the idea that an Oswald entered the theater at 1:00 on the following:  

"One Oswald came in between 1:00 and 1:07 per Burroughs.  He was counting candy at the concession stand and couldn't see the door because of a partition.  He heard it open.  If whoever opened it didn't come by him entering the ground floor of the theater itself they had to go up the stairs he also couldn't see to the balcony"  Ron Bulman.

So the only witness to this alleged Oswald at 1 was Burroughs who did not actually see him per your above statement? 

That is not how things work.  

If he could not identify the man who entered around 1 then his later, as you called it, conclusion, that it was LHO is nothing more than speculation.

Anything else to prove an Oswald was there at 1?

As for the popcorn purchase at 1:15 that is the better point to pursue.  

But lets see what Burroughs actually testified to.

"Mr. Ball.
They asked you if you had seen a man come in there without a ticket?
Mr. Burroughs.
Yes.
Mr. Ball.
What did you tell him?
Mr. Burroughs.
I said, "I haven't seen him myself. He might have, but I didn't see him when he came in. He must have sneaked in and run on upstairs before I saw him."

So in his testimony he speculates, assumes, and cannot identify how or when LHO entered the theater.

But One of the Oswald's did get into the theater in time to buy popcorn at 1:15, when your Warren Omission says Tippit was killed.  The one he saw dragged out the front door by the DPD.  He saw the one who looked like Ozzie's brother arrested, handcuffed and taken out the back door 3-4 minutes Later.

Another thing, if he sold Oswald popcorn but did not see him come in and thus know if he bought a ticket, why did he not inquire about not seeing him?  That was his job per his testimony.  Also, when Brewer pointed LHO out as the guy who did not buy a ticket, why did he not say hey, I know him, I sold him popcorn?

Just now, Ron Bulman said:

But One of the Oswald's did get into the theater in time to buy popcorn at 1:15, when your Warren Omission says Tippit was killed.  The one he saw dragged out the front door by the DPD.  He saw the one who looked like Ozzie's brother arrested, handcuffed and taken out the back door 3-4 minutes Later.

He did not see an arrest in the balcony because he was not in the balcony.  This is a witness that needs to be carefully examined.  

Again, he saw no one enter at 1.

Again, the fact he claims to have sold him popcorn-he should have mentioned this to the W.C.- is more relevant.

2 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

He did not see an arrest in the balcony because he was not in the balcony.  This is a witness that needs to be carefully examined.  

Again, he saw no one enter at 1.

Again, the fact he claims to have sold him popcorn-he should have mentioned this to the W.C.- is more relevant.

It's not a claim, its his statement.  He sold popcorn to a man at 1:15 , he saw this man drug out the front door by the DPD.  3-4 minutes later he saw another man, who resemble the first man, like his brother, arrested and taken out the back door.

Why didn't he mention this?  Most likely he was told not to by the DPD, FBI, CIA and or Secret Service like so many other witnesses if you read in any depth about the case.  Not until asked by Jim Marrs 24 yeas later.

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

It's not a claim, its his statement.  He sold popcorn to a man at 1:15 , he saw this man drug out the front door by the DPD.  3-4 minutes later he saw another man, who resemble the first man, like his brother, arrested and taken out the back door.

Why didn't he mention this?  Most likely he was told not to by the DPD, FBI, CIA and or Secret Service like so many other witnesses if you read in any depth about the case.  Not until asked by Jim Marrs 24 yeas later.

So Ron lets look at other testimony.  Julia Postal worked with Burroughs at the theater.  You might recall she sold tickets in the box office.  Now one would think with all the excitement that they would talk to each other about the incident afterwards.  Seems that would have been a good time for him to note he sold Oswald popcorn.  However, despite the fact they discussed the incident, he apparently did not tell her either.  She certainly does not mention it.  

Mr. BALL. Why didn't Warren Burroughs see him get in, get in there? Do you have any idea? 
Mrs. POSTAL. We talked about that, and the concession stand is along here, and if he came in on the other end, which we summarized that is what Oswald did, because the steps, immediately as you open the door there. It has been done before with kids trying to sneak in, run right on up in the balcony. 
Mr. BALL. You asked Warren Burroughs why he didn't see him. did you? 
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; we kidded him quite a bit anyway, because some people do then get by him. 
Mr. BALL. What did he say? 
Mrs. POSTAL. Ah, he said at first that he had seen him, and I says, "Now, Butch, if you saw him come in----" says, "Well, I saw him going out." But he didn't really see him. So, he just summarized that he ran up in the balcony, because if he had come through the foyer, Butch would have seen him. 

Actually she clarifies above that Butch changed his story about seeing him come in.  She also confirms they spoke about this.  Nothing about popcorn.  

Also why did Julia Postal not see or know about a second arrest? Where are the witnesses to the second arrest.  You have 2 at best.

So no I don't need DVP to answer this, just common sense.  If you have proof other than an evolving story from one witness who actually admits to not seeing relevant facts lets hear it.

Edited by Cory Santos