The Education Forum

NATO's Secret Armies, Operation Gladio and JFK

23 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Lansdale did not tell him about the assignment that week, it was prior to that.

But the assignment  itself was real. Its been documented with pictures.

At the very least, it implies that Lansdale was involved, on some level, in the JFK assassination op prior to his "retirement" on November 1, 1963.

But, as I recall, any Alpha 66 type connection to Lansdale was not evident in Garrison's investigation of JFK assassination-related contacts between Clay Shaw, David Ferrie, Arcacha Smith, Oswald, David Phillips, etc.

As for Rob's questions about Prouty possibly deflecting attention away from the Joint Chiefs, it does occur to me that Prouty had nothing to say about General Curtis LeMay being flown to the Bethesda Naval Hospital's JFK autopsy on 11/22/63-- especially since Prouty was working for the USAF!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

So Prouty essentially whitewashes Lemnitzer. Hmm. What makes Prouty a strange source is that he was really there, in a position to add much to our knowledge, and he seems very outspoken, yet for all practical purposes it appears he has not been threatened or edited. That’s never quite added up for me. There have also been factual errors in his reportage that he has had to retract. My brain won’t come up with an example. But it looks like his villain of choice was Lansdale. Limited hangout of some sort? I mean, his descriptions of Lemnitzer make no sense whatsoever. 

I almost started a new thread on this to keep from getting away from Gladio.  But maybe it relates and Rob wants to know.  Once thought of by many, including me, as a Truth teller in the quagmire, his statements have been questioned on multiple fronts.  

Given Prouty's position as liaison between the CIA and JCS might he have known about or been involved in some Gladio operations?  Would he have dealt with Lemnitzer or his staff in the past, prior to the NATO transfer?  I'd think yes.  He and  Lansdale seem to have had a caustic relationship, with Lansdale probably more powerful. I still tend to believe Prouty's account of why he was sent to Antarctica  during the assassination.  He knew too much.  He would have been in the way.  

Here's one old thread on it.

And here's a link to Prouty's site regarding Mc Adam's, severely neutered in the last year or so (used to have several more useful links).

https://prouty.org/mcadams/

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

At the very least, it implies that Lansdale was involved, on some level, in the JFK assassination op prior to his "retirement" on November 1, 1963.

But, as I recall, any Alpha 66 type connection to Lansdale was not evident in Garrison's investigation of JFK assassination-related contacts between Clay Shaw, David Ferrie, Arcacha Smith, Oswald, David Phillips, etc.

As for Rob's questions about Prouty possibly deflecting attention away from the Joint Chiefs, it does occur to me that Prouty had nothing to say about General Curtis LeMay being flown to the Bethesda Naval Hospital's JFK autopsy on 11/22/63-- especially since Prouty was working for the USAF!

Is there a strong link between Lansdale and Alpha 66? 

Just from Rob's article, all I know about Gladio, the scope of it is mind boggling.  Imagine if some facet of the MSM even tried to explain it to the general public.  Most wouldn't understand or accept it as fact.

Yet it hit me tonight that Gladio was/is part of an even bigger picture.  Reading, finally, a little bit more of Mal Hyman's Burying The Lead he brought home some related thoughts for me.

From the late 1940's through JFK's assassination and beyond, to today the CIA was/is a tool of the power elite for covert op's the military couldn't perform out right.  From pgs. 387-88.

"President Kennedy inherited a CIA that had widely interpreted it's 1947 NSA clause to perform "such other functions and duties related to intelligence affecting the national security as the NSC may from time to time direct."  … running counterinsurgency wars in China, Greece, The Philippines, Albania, Korea, Laos, Peru and Vietnam; organizing coup d'états in Iran, Iraq, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Syria, and the Congo; influencing elections in Italy, Costa Rica, British Guiana, Cambodia and Ecuador...".

Busy beavers, were they not?

Edited by Ron Bulman

I think Ron raises a very important point. Which is that, although these things were known by different names, the patterns, modus operandi, and men in charge (at the apex of the power elite), were essentially the same. That is exactly what struck me when researching Gladio, and thus the international, global aspect comes more and more into focus once this becomes apparent. This is one of the main ideas I tried to get across in my article, so I'm glad you picked up on it, Ron.

Edited by Rob Couteau

And this page has links to three of Ganser's shorter pieces, including "Terrorism in Western Europe An Approach to NATO’s Secret Stay-Behind Armies," which is a good summary of NATO'S SECRET ARMIES. Scroll all the way down:

http://iprd.org.uk/?s=ganser&x=0&y=0

Or listed separately here:

"Fear as A Weapon: The Effects of Psychological Warfare on Domestic and International Politics"
http://iprd.org.uk/?p=3114

"The British Secret Service in Neutral Switzerland: An Unfinished Debate on NATO’s Cold War Stay-behind Armies"
http://iprd.org.uk/?p=3121

"Terrorism in Western Europe An Approach to NATO’s Secret Stay-Behind Armies"
http://iprd.org.uk/?p=3118

7 hours ago, Rob Couteau said:

And this page has links to three of Ganser's shorter pieces, including "Terrorism in Western Europe An Approach to NATO’s Secret Stay-Behind Armies," which is a good summary of NATO'S SECRET ARMIES. Scroll all the way down:

http://iprd.org.uk/?s=ganser&x=0&y=0

Or listed separately here:

"Fear as A Weapon: The Effects of Psychological Warfare on Domestic and International Politics"
http://iprd.org.uk/?p=3114

"The British Secret Service in Neutral Switzerland: An Unfinished Debate on NATO’s Cold War Stay-behind Armies"
http://iprd.org.uk/?p=3121

"Terrorism in Western Europe An Approach to NATO’s Secret Stay-Behind Armies"
http://iprd.org.uk/?p=3118

Thanks for the links. I’m able to read the full book, but was unable to navigate to the third separate article.

no takers on Lansdale and Alpha 66? What I do recall is that John Newman has shown that Alpha 66, led by Antonio Veciana, was run by the Pentagon, not the CIA, and that Veciana lied over and over again to Fonzi and others about that fact.

speaking of John Newman, I have seen several hints that in his next volume he will hone in on Lyman Lemnitzer. And why not? The Pentagon has gotten a free ride for the most part, and that’s absurd. First of all, JFK himself was worried (7 Days in May) about his generals. Secondly, the Military, mostly Army Intelligence and Reserves, were all over Dealey Plaza, and intertwined with the Dallas Police. Thirdly, they were present on Air Force One where the autopsy location was decided, and notably at the autopsy itself. 

Lemnitzer had at least one easy ally in Dallas - General Edwin Walker, for whom Lyman had been a character witness when Walker had hearings in Congress and was reassigned by JFK prior to his sudden resignation. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

7 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Alpha 66

Paul,

Funny that you mentioned Alpha 66. Recall in my essay the following:

"From Guérin-Sérac’s newly established digs in Madrid, among other acts of terror, he organized attacks abroad that were blamed on the Algerian liberation movement. His bombs were deposited at the Algerian Embassies in France, Germany, Italy, and Great Britain. One unexploded mechanism that failed to detonate in Frankfort was found to contain C-4. In Judge Salvini’s words, C-4 is 'an explosive exclusively used by the U.S. forces, which has never been used in any of the anarchist bombings.'”

When I first saw Salvini's words, I recalled a passage from a book I'd read 19 years earlier: "Miami," by Joan Didion. She talks about how U.S. intel was trying to use Alpha 66 types to create false-flag terror to be blamed on the Sandinistas ... and they also provided them with C-4:

"When Jesus Garcia talked about meeting in the cocktail lounge of the Howard Johnson's near the Miami Airport to discuss a plan to assassinate the American ambassador to Costa Rica, bomb the American Embassy there, and blame it on the Sandinistas, the American ambassador he was talking about was Louis Tambs, one of the authors of the Santa Fe document, the fifty-three pages which had articulated for many people in Washington the reasons for the exact American involvement in the politics of the Caribbean which this plan discussed in the cocktail lounge of the Howard Johnson's near the Miami Airport was meant to ensure. Let me tell you about Cuban terrorists, Raul Rodriguez had said at the midnight dinner in the Arquitectonica condominium overlooking Biscayne Bay. Cuba never grew plastique. Cuba grew tobacco, Cuba grew sugarcane. Cuba never grew C4....
     "C4, Raul Rodriguez said, and he slammed his palm down on the white table cloth as he said it, grew here."

Is that not a classic line? I never forgot it.

Flash back to Gladio / Aginter. Same false-flag game pattern, same C-4, same puppets, same bastards from the same power elite.

Edited by Rob Couteau

6 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Thanks for the links. I’m able to read the full book, but was unable to navigate to the third separate article.

no takers on Lansdale and Alpha 66? What I do recall is that John Newman has shown that Alpha 66, led by Antonio Veciana, was run by the Pentagon, not the CIA, and that Veciana lied over and over again to Fonzi and others about that fact.

speaking of John Newman, I have seen several hints that in his next volume he will hone in on Lyman Lemnitzer. And why not? The Pentagon has gotten a free ride for the most part, and that’s absurd. First of all, JFK himself was worried (7 Days in May) about his generals. Secondly, the Military, mostly Army Intelligence and Reserves, were all over Dealey Plaza, and intertwined with the Dallas Police. Thirdly, they were present on Air Force One where the autopsy location was decided, and notably at the autopsy itself. 

Lemnitzer had at least one easy ally in Dallas - General Edwin Walker, for whom Lyman had been a character witness when Walker had hearings in Congress and was reassigned by JFK prior to his sudden resignation. 

Paul,

The reason I raised the question about Lansdale and Alpha 66 (above) is because we were talking about Prouty and General Krulak's claim that Lansdale-- the black ops genius-- was in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63.

If true, I was simply wondering how Lansdale would have been involved, operationally, with the other actors involved in the assassination op-- including David Atlee Phillips, et.al.  ( I don't recall Lansdale's name surfacing in Garrison's investigation.)

This is now the number two article at K and K.

12 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Paul,

The reason I raised the question about Lansdale and Alpha 66 (above) is because we were talking about Prouty and General Krulak's claim that Lansdale-- the black ops genius-- was in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63.

If true, I was simply wondering how Lansdale would have been involved, operationally, with the other actors involved in the assassination op-- including David Atlee Phillips, et.al.  ( I don't recall Lansdale's name surfacing in Garrison's investigation.)

On WhoWhatWhy.org there is an article from March 21, 2019 by John Newman, excerpting volume three of his JFK series Into the Storm, called Antonio Veciana, Mystery Man in JFK Assassination. It’s in 2 parts, and I’m referring to part 2 in this post. If anyone would go to the site and copy the article and paste it on this thread it would be great.

im not sure who has followed this brilliant work by Newman. He’s done a deep dive into Veciana, founder of Alpha 66, and found him to be deliberately deceptive in his public comments, which go back 40 years. By mentioning ‘Bishop’, his CIA contact, and hinting, eventually claiming that Bishop was David Atlee Phillips, and by spreading the story that he saw Bishop with Oswald in 1963, he caused a long lasting stir in this community, and deflected us from a more important connection for Veciana and Alpha 66 - with Army Intelligence and specifically General Edward Lansdale. This outstanding discovery by Newman has led him to start looking at Lansdale’s connection with ACSI and with Lyman Lemnitzer. 

The problem with Prouty is that while he may have pointed us in the direction of Lansdale, he pointed towards CIA and away from ACSI (Asst. Chief of Staff Army Intelligence). And with some careful reading by Rob we now know that Prouty downplayed Lemnitzer while pointing at Lansdale. I think it’s possible that Lemnitzer, the author of Northwoods, tasked Lansdale with creating a false flag attack on JFK. The question that plagues me is whether that attack was meant to kill the president, or just scare the heck out of him and bring him forcefully back into the Cold War fold? Was a false flag attempted assassination hijacked by real assassins? 

Edited by Paul Brancato

33 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

On WhoWhatWhy.org there is an article from March 21, 2019 by John Newman, excerpting volume three of his JFK series Into the Storm, called Antonio Veciana, Mystery Man in JFK Assassination. It’s in 2 parts, and I’m referring to part 2 in this post. If anyone would go to the site and copy the article and paste it on this thread it would be great.

im not sure who has followed this brilliant work by Newman. He’s done a deep dive into Veciana, founder of Alpha 66, and found him to be deliberately deceptive in his public comments, which go back 40 years. By mentioning ‘Bishop’, his CIA contact, and hinting, eventually claiming that Bishop was David Atlee Phillips, and by spreading the story that he saw Bishop with Oswald in 1963, he caused a long lasting stir in this community, and deflected us from a more important connection for Veciana and Alpha 66 - with Army Intelligence and specifically General Edward Lansdale. This outstanding discovery by Newman has led him to start looking at Lansdale’s connection with ACSI and with Lyman Lemnitzer. 

The problem with Prouty is that while he may have pointed us in the direction of Lansdale, he pointed towards CIA and away from ACSI (Asst. Chief of Staff Army Intelligence). And with some careful reading by Rob we now know that Prouty downplayed Lemnitzer while pointing at Lansdale. I think it’s possible that Lemnitzer, the author of Northwoods, tasked Lansdale with creating a false flag attack on JFK. The question that plagues me is whether that attack was meant to kill the president, or just scare the heck out of him and bring him forcefully back into the Cold War fold? Was a false flag attempted assassination hijacked by real assassins? 

Mega gracias, Paul.  I'll check out the Newman reference.

5 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

https://whowhatwhy.org/2019/03/21/antonio-veciana-mystery-man-in-jfk-assassination-part-2/

Not copy and paste but here it is.