The Education Forum

Now it is Roger Ailes of Fox News to be exposed

We just finished watching the Showtime series "The Loudest Voice."

Very compelling in many aspects including of course Russell Crowe's always "time bomb ready to explode" presence as the main story character.

It was really hard to watch at times during the sex scenes.

Ailes comes across as a totally amoral, corrupt and disgusting pig.

Who cares if he liked musical theater, played the piano and paid his lie covering executive secretary /assistant 2 million dollars a year.

But like Crowe said, it is most important to know how someone like Ailes and Fox news succeeded and still succeeds in this self interest driven, divided and mixed up society of ours.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O'Reilly should keep this classic snapback in his hip pocket --

From a Walter Winchell column, 1942:

This bit of repartee, between Ilka Chase and a Hollywood actress whose name is deleted by request, comes from Henrietta Fort Holland.

Actress: “Darling, I loved your book. Who wrote it for you?” Miss Chase: “Thank you, darling. Who read it to you? “

Edited by David Andrews

FWIW, I studied the media's response to the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination very closely, and came to realize that Fox News was by far the most open-minded major news agency regarding the assassination. I was a bit perplexed by this but then came to understand that Fox--as a right-wing newcomer--had no dog in the hunt. The Warren Commission, after all, was the illegitimate offspring of that New Deal lovin', Great Society pushing, Lyndon B. Johnson, overseen by the by-current-standards RINO Earl Warren. And the HSCA was a Carter-era, Demo-run circus. So, in the mind of Ailes, etc, why not take a whack at these guys? In the process you could remind everyone that JFK had had some affairs, and that Bobby had overseen some assassination attempts on Castro, etc. It's a win-win, as far as Fox and its viewers are concerned. 

This becomes apparent, moreover, in some of the recent thinking I've come across in which TRUMP is presented as the latest JFK--a mover and shaker who shook the wrong tree--and was subsequently attacked by the "deep state". Vomit. 

3 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

FWIW, I studied the media's response to the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination very closely, and came to realize that Fox News was by far the most open-minded major news agency regarding the assassination. I was a bit perplexed by this but then came to understand that Fox--as a right-wing newcomer--had no dog in the hunt. The Warren Commission, after all, was the illegitimate offspring of that New Deal lovin', Great Society pushing, Lyndon B. Johnson, overseen by the by-current-standards RINO Earl Warren. And the HSCA was a Carter-era, Demo-run circus. So, in the mind of Ailes, etc, why not take a whack at these guys? In the process you could remind everyone that JFK had had some affairs, and that Bobby had overseen some assassination attempts on Castro, etc. It's a win-win, as far as Fox and its viewers are concerned. 

This becomes apparent, moreover, in some of the recent thinking I've come across in which TRUMP is presented as the latest JFK--a mover and shaker who shook the wrong tree--and was subsequently attacked by the "deep state". Vomit. 

Very insightful. Yes, Trump is being compared to JFK by the ‘conspiracy theorists’ on the Right. What’s astounding is how many people buy it. The Left has never had an active echo chamber like today’s Right. It’s my belief that the money and brains behind the Right Wing conspiracy theorists don’t believe what they spout, but think it’s useful to divide and confuse the public. 

On 8/25/2019 at 7:10 AM, Douglas Caddy said:

Here is the trailer:

Margot Robbie, Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron enter world of Fox News in tense Bombshell trailer

https://ew.com/movies/2019/08/21/bombshell-margot-robbie-nicole-kidman-charlize-theron/

Great trailer.

9 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Very insightful. Yes, Trump is being compared to JFK by the ‘conspiracy theorists’ on the Right. What’s astounding is how many people buy it. The Left has never had an active echo chamber like today’s Right. It’s my belief that the money and brains behind the Right Wing conspiracy theorists don’t believe what they spout, but think it’s useful to divide and confuse the public. 

Paul, with 90% of the mass media leaning far left, they do have quite an active "echo chamber". Perhaps you meant "effective"?

Are you serious Ty?  90 per cent of the MSM is Far Left?

Who are you talking about specifically?