The Education Forum

Military intelligence photographer

Hello,

Jim DiEugenio mentioned on Len Osanic's "Black Op Radio" show, show #954, aired August 29, 2019, that there was a guy from military intelligence taking photographs of the bus Oswald was supposed to be on and the street the Texas theater is on.  Does anyone have more information on this? Thanks. 

Is there any record of this guy being deposed by the WC or interviewed by the FBI?

Is it just a coincidence that he and Powell were there taking photos of very important places on the day of the assassination?

The one that is out there is the one on the Texas Theater street.  Am I right about that?

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Is there any record of this guy being deposed by the WC or interviewed by the FBI?

Is it just a coincidence that he and Powell were there taking photos of very important places on the day of the assassination?

The one that is out there is the one on the Texas Theater street.  Am I right about that?

Jim,  according to this document the FBI went out to the ship he was on which left New Orleans and was on its way to the Panama Canal or to the Panama Canal Zone where he worked and spoke with him.  It's rather amazing considering how much in Dallas they ignored. 

On the scene photos of Oswald being arrested?

And they knew about this guy on the 26th?

How?

The FBI knowing about Reed so quickly reminds

me of the ingenious defense of the Dallas Police Department

that they caught the man who killed both Kennedy and Tippit

in less than an hour and a half. I recall how Hoover called

LBJ to let him know they had solved the murder of Viola

Liuzzo in 1965, and LBJ asked how, and Hoover said, We had

a man in the car (i.e., one of the four Klansmen in

the car from which the shots were fired was an FBI informant). I also recall how the

FBI knew about the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center because

they had a guy involved in the plot who reported on the plans every day to the

head of the New York City FBI office. That came out at the trial, the NY Times

printed it, and the next day the paper ran a retraction. Actually

Kennedy and Tippit were both shot within about 39 minutes,

and the patsy was supposed to be dead shortly after that,

which would have allowed the DPD to claim they had wrapped

up the case within the hour. Such great police work. It helped

that Oswald was an FBI informant keeping them abreast of the

plot and trying to stop it without realizing he was to be the patsy.

As Vonnegut used to put it, "So it goes . . ."

Edited by Joseph McBride

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

On the scene photos of Oswald being arrested?

And they knew about this guy on the 26th?

How?

Jim,

Here's how.  SA Henry J. Oliver learned that a photography store in Dallas, Dyna Color Corporation, had 35mm slides from Stuart J. Reed.  That led to his daughter, then an address in New Orleans, then that he had set sail for the Panama Canal Zone where he worked. 

Joe  

10 hours ago, Joseph Backes said:

Jim,  according to this document the FBI went out to the ship he was on which left New Orleans and was on its way to the Panama Canal or to the Panama Canal Zone where he worked and spoke with him.  It's rather amazing considering how much in Dallas they ignored. 

Joe,

Check this out. From your FBI document:

image.png.d3b09ca351dbf5a4bc21ddfba6a83551.png

Irving Daily News from Irving, Texas

November 9, 1969 Page 30

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/44056509/

IRVING DAILY NEWS - Sunday, JOE GARLAND KEESEE SP3 U. S. Army Son of Mr. and Mrs. TJ. Keesee of 601 Brandenburg Serving as radio operator in radar tower at missile test range near Kunsan, Korea. Basic training at Fort Bliss, El Paso, radio school at Fort Huachuca, Arizona, then to Korea in July. Irving High School 1967 graduate, attended ElCentro for one year and employed at Dyna Color Corporation prior to joining the army

This doesn't prove anything of course, but it's awfully suggestive. (So is the Fort Huachuca assignment. A lot of the guys in MI spent time there.)

Dyna Color was a a subsidiary of 3M.

Steve Thomas

That is really interesting Steve.  Because that was the next question.

Keep up the good work.

is there any evidence anyone ever asked Reed: "Did you know Powell?"

And that would be just where the questions started.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I'm still not seeing anything about Stuart Reed been in military intelligence. Maybe there's something in the more recently released files.  

I find only 3 docs for Stuart Reed in the NARA JFK Database.

1.) 124-10002-10140 - Open in full in 1992

2.) 124-10245-10444 - Open in full in 1992

3.) 124-10013-10447 - Open in full in 1992

None are available on the Mary Ferrell site.  If you do a name search for Stuart Reed there are some hits.  A CIA doc, which is a copy of an FBi doc, then a FBI doc,  and some others. 

I've seen Stuart Reed's middle initial as H, L, and J.  These all appear to be the same Stuart Reed.  He's Stuart L and J Reed in FBI documents, and Stuart H. in an article in The Third Decade. The correct middle initial seems to be L. 

Okay in this item mentioned by Dennis Morissete above it says Stuart served for 30 years with the Secretary of the Army's office of personal management.  So, this still isn't military intelligence.  It's intriguing.  Worthy of further research. 

24 minutes ago, Joseph Backes said:

I'm still not seeing anything about Stuart Reed been in military intelligence. Maybe there's something in the more recently released files.  

Okay in this item mentioned by Dennis Morissete above it says Stuart served for 30 years with the Secretary of the Army's office of personal management.  So, this still isn't military intelligence.  It's intriguing.  Worthy of further research. 

Joe,

FWIW.

I've gone through what little I have on the 316th, the 112th and the 4150th, and haven't run across his name.

Steve Thomas