The Education Forum

Cokie Roberts

Joseph McBride

Cokie Roberts, the TV news pundit who died today, was the daughter

of Warren Commission member and House majority leader Hale Boggs, whose airplane disappeared

in Alaska in 1972 not long after he publicly dissented from the findings of the

Warren Report and strongly criticized J. Edgar Hoover (as forum members

know, documents later surfaced showing that the wreckage actually was located and that there were survivors of the plane

crash; the whole story is not known). I suspect the disappearance

of Boggs sent a sobering message to Roberts and her mother, future

congresswoman and ambassador Lindy Boggs, who probably knew

more about the assassination than they would admit. Roberts would

defend the Warren Commission. I had an opportunity to question

Roberts about the crash. This is what I wrote in INTO THE NIGHTMARE:1812696742_ScreenShot2019-09-17at4_26_21PM.thumb.png.11d40eef5bb7129f58f1c280a42f7d3d.png

Edited by Joseph McBride

Didn't Hale Bogg know Clay Shaw from both the International Trade Mart as well as the International House(?). Senator Richard Russell expressed his doubts to President Johnson via telephone on 9/18/64. I believe according to Harold Weisberg's book "WC Transcripts", the Dulles / McCloy led WC cover up staged a fake interview with a fake stenographer pretending to take down Senator Russell's grave doubts about the SB theory. According to Russell he expected his dissenting view about the magic bullet to be a part of the report.  Senator Russell was never "bumped off". 

But to say Boggs and/or his wife Lindy  "knew more" about the assassination than they let on -- it would have to be Hale Boggs knowledge about Clay Shaw and his role in the caper,  because as Harold Weisberg had made clear on more than one occasion during his time as a JFK assassination critic the murder of President Kennedy was "never" investigated. Even listening to Senator Russell tell the President that he doesn't believe in the magic bullet , both men are confused why it should make any difference in the larger scheme of the report. They simple didn't  realize what their dissent would mean to the viability of the reports stated solution to the murder. I wouldn't call this WC member and the President experts in the slightest regarding the Kennedy murder.  I seriously doubt Hale Boggs was any more versed on the nuts and bolts of the assassination than the clueless Russell and his clueless boss LBJ. 

So other than what he may have known about Clay Shaw and the Trade Mart/Permindex etc. I doubt he really knew much of anything regarding  the murder of JFK. 

Hale Boggs was not just another Congressman, when he was "disappeared".  He was Speaker of the House, a 30 year veteran of it.  Representing New Orleans, where Clay Bertrand/Shaw lived when Garrison's trial of him resulted not in his conviction, thanks to CIA/MSM help, but in the conclusion by the jury that JFK was killed as the result of a conspiracy.  Bless the memories of Cokie and her Father.

8 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Hale Boggs was not just another Congressman, when he was "disappeared".  He was Speaker of the House, a 30 year veteran of it.  Representing New Orleans, where Clay Bertrand/Shaw lived when Garrison's trial of him resulted not in his conviction, thanks to CIA/MSM help, but in the conclusion by the jury that JFK was killed as the result of a conspiracy.  Bless the memories of Cokie and her Father.

Yes and he was replaced by the Kennedy Political Machine operative Tip O'neill who did what Boggs would have likely refused to do and that was start the case for impeachment against then President Nixon, known as Watergate (where another Kennedy Political Machine operative Larry O'brien was running the DNC office that was burglarized.). But how could Boggs know much of anything about the Kennedy assassination. If you listen to Russell or Ford or any of these figure heads on the commission they don't know much of anything. Russell even complained to President Johnson that the "staff" was doing all the writing of the report. This would be Justice Department lawyers writing the Warren Report. 

Now Hale Boggs probably knew Clay Shaw and many of Shaw's wealthy New Orleans patrons. 

1 hour ago, Anthony Thorne said:

I forget where I read the reference, but Hale Boggs - if the story I read is correct - attacked/denounced J. Edgar Hoover in a pointed speech in Congress not too long before his death.

So did Muskie and McGovern, so what? Why doesn't anyone mention this guy, Neil Gallagher a congressmen from New Jersey who along with Mike Mansfield had the congressional offices swept for bugging devices. This was 1963? That's how long ago these politicians knew Hoover was bugging everyone.  But Neil Gallagher went head to head with Hoover's lap dog Roy Cohn, who would threaten Gallagher.  They ended up sending Gallagher to jail. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornelius_Gallagher_(American_politician)

By the way Boggs went missing in December 1972 while Gay Edgar died some 6 months earlier in May 1972. Speaking of this kind of debauchery practiced by Hoover, Clay Shaw, David Ferrie et.al. it's a British tradition is it not, especially among the aristocrats ? 

Edited by Jim Harwood

27 minutes ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Are there any conspiracies mentioned on this board that you don’t think stem back to Queen Elizabeth, Princess Anne and Prince Philip?

None that I see. You see it boils down to a conflict between  two different conceptions of man. The British believe man is just another animal to be culled like cattle at their whim while the republican forces that constituted this nation (in direct opposition to the British Empire by the way, There was no other fight other than with the British Empire) see mankind as being made in the image of the creator.  You can see this irreconcilable difference in "subject" vs "citizen". That is not some arbitrary designation but goes to the axiomatic assumptions between the British system of usury, slavery, and genocide versus the USA of the development of their citizenry. 

But JFK buffs also forget that Joseph Kennedy Sr. was a patron of these same British oligarchical powers with Joe even marrying his daughter Kathleen into the powerful Cecil family. And the Cecil's by the way got into power in England through Venice, they were Venetian.  Playwrights like Marlowe and Shakespeare even write above the Venetian take over of England.  But the Kennedy's are just a branch of the Cecil Tribe even to this day.

I read recently about this 20 year old Kennedy great grand daughter of RFK died of drug overdose purchased in Hyannis Port at a home owned by the Shrivers. They were running a drug operation out of the Shriver home in Hyannis Port !  And  the dead girls  father was this radical IRA terrorist in the mid 1970's likely playing on both sides but with alliance to the Empire. And let's not forget Maria Shriver married a dye in the wool nazi who became Governor of California, Today thanks to the Governors policies they have 60,000 homeless in Los Angeles sitting in their own shiat. That's not what America was under JFK. 

American's miss what politically the Kennedy family is really all about. They represent the enemy. 

Not aware of Bogg's history.

Representing Louisiana in the long term time frame he did however, I must ask if he was ever suspected of any corruption linkage since Louisiana was always known as perhaps one of the most corrupt states in the Union during his elective office tenures?

In the 1979 novel "The Matarese Circle" author Robert Ludlum portrayed Boggs as having been killed to stop his probe into the assassination."[12]

He served as majority whip from 1962 to 1971 and as majority leader from January 1971 to his disappearance. As the whip, he ushered much of President Johnson's Great Society legislation through Congress.

In April 1971, he made a speech on the floor of the House in which he strongly attacked Federal Bureau of Investigation Director J. Edgar Hoover and the whole of the FBI.

That led to a conversation on April 6, 1971 between President Richard M. Nixon and the Republican minority leader, Gerald R. Ford, Jr.. Nixon said that he could no longer take counsel from Boggs as a senior member of Congress. In the recording of this call, Nixon asked Ford to arrange for the House delegation to include an alternative to Boggs.

Ford speculated that Boggs is on pills as well as alcohol.[14]

Later that month, Boggs went even further: "Over the postwar years, we have granted to the elite and  ...secret police ... within our system vast new powers over the lives and liberties of the people. At the request of the trusted and respected heads of those forces, and their appeal to the necessities of national security, we have exempted those grants of power from due accounting and strict surveillance."

Wow, Boggs really went after Hoover and his "secret police" ... and in an openly public way.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I would imagine if Boggs represented the City of New Orleans itself in the U.S. Congress for thirty years from the 40's - the early 70's, he was supported heavily through the 40's, 50's and well into 60's by Carlos Marcello.  I.E., the mob.  Owned by him?  Maybe not, totally.  The city fathers had to maintain some sense of independence.

Given his position in Congress and New Orleans how could he have not been familiar with the Garrison investigation?

Stumbled across these two bits I've not read yet but don't want to loose.  Others comments appreciated.   Do I remember right from the bits and pieces I've read?  The wreck was found but the search was abandoned, potential survivors were left to die?

http://www.check-six.com/lib/Famous_Missing/Boggs.htm

https://www.haleboggs.com/

23 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I would imagine if Boggs represented the City of New Orleans itself in the U.S. Congress for thirty years from the 40's - the early 70's, he was supported heavily through the 40's, 50's and well into 60's by Carlos Marcello.  I.E., the mob.  Owned by him?  Maybe not, totally.  The city fathers had to maintain some sense of independence.

Given his position in Congress and New Orleans how could he have not been familiar with the Garrison investigation?

Stumbled across these two bits I've not read yet but don't want to loose.  Others comments appreciated.   Do I remember right from the bits and pieces I've read?  The wreck was found but the search was abandoned, potential survivors were left to die?

http://www.check-six.com/lib/Famous_Missing/Boggs.htm

https://www.haleboggs.com/

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057/9781137491374_2

Giuseppe Mazzini's Mafia in New Orleans

Cokie Roberts was a complete sell out, especially after she married into the New York Times and Steve Roberts.

Tommy Boggs, her brother, was also a sell out, a big time lawyer lobbyist, but he did think something was up with his father's death.

Liddy Boggs was one of the first people to support formation of the HSCA after she took over her husband's seat.

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Cokie Roberts was a complete sell out, especially after she married into the New York Times and Steve Roberts.

Tommy Boggs, her brother, was also a sell out, a big time lawyer lobbyist, but he did think something was up with his father's death.

Liddy Boggs was one of the first people to support formation of the HSCA after she took over her husband's seat.

Jim, am I right in remembering that Hale Boggs publicly opposed the Garrison investigation?