The Education Forum

EVIDENCE FOR HARVEY AND LEE (Please debate the specifics right here. Don't just claim someone else has debunked it!)

Jim Hargrove

3 hours ago, David Josephs said:

PIC does testify to a school:  Mr. PIC - No, sir; my mother did. I think this is a public school in New York City located on about 89th, 90th Street between Third Avenue and Second Avenue. Lee didn't like this school. I didn't much blame him.

That would be PS 30 - 230 88th St between 2nd and 3rd.... but since it is no longer there, I haven't been able to find out if it has a 7th and 8th grade....
yet unlike 2nd and 77th, this is around the corner from 87th and 2nd... if the FBI was messing with the addresses as 77th is not in Yorkville.

Good catch, David, and quite a coincidence.  Mr. Pic, of course, was talking about his real half-brother, the kid born as Lee Harvey Oswald.  Since in 1952 PS 30 at 230 88th St. was less than two blocks from the Gardos’s apartment at 217 E. 86th St., do we have to consider other possibilities for the identification by the anonymous caller?   Both Oswalds attended the same school in New Orleans (Beauregard).  Could both Oswalds have attended the old PS 30 in Manhattan?  Or did the birth Oswald somehow get connected with Emil Gardos?  That doesn’t seem likely.

There are dozens of elementary schools in Manhattan today, and probably more in the 1950s when rent controls in NYC made it more affordable for young families to live in Manhattan.   I wish we knew what grades the old PS 30 in Manhattan covered.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

I originally thought that phony Margaret brought Lee to New York.  But, reading through the Tippit document and comments I became convinced that phony Margaret brought Harvey to New York. 

Frankly, that made about as much sense as the other.  Shouldn't one pair of Oswalds, the orginals, do things together and the phony Oswalds also do things together?  They couldn't be there at the same time.  Unless Margaret Pic was in on the business and knew things that were going on.  John Pic I no longer think dealt with this situation honestly.

So, who are you saying first came to New York and moved in on the Pics?

As the use to say in Monty Python "And, now for something totally different."

In the Tippit FBI document Mrs. Tippit said the mysterious caller sounded German or Austrian.  Mr. Tippit said the caller sounded Spanish.  I think Hungarian and Spanish sound alike if you don't pay attention to the words.

Try it.  Go to Google type Spanish to Hungarian. And, when that translator comes up type a phrase in Spanish and it will show up on the Hungarian side.  Listen to the sound in Spanish and the sound in Hungarian and don't pay attention to the words.  I think they sound similar and might give a similar accent.

Then try a phrase in German to Hungarian.  It is a totally different sound.

German and Austrian are the same or basically the same.  They are a Germanic language.  Spanish is a Romance language related to Latin.  Latin and German separate about 3200 or 3500 years ago as the Indo-Europeans settle into Europe.  Magyar or Hungarian is a totally different language family related to Finno-Ugric.  Magyar is related to western Siberian languages.  German or Austrian do not sound like a Romance language or Hungarian.

If this is true than it is another point in favor of the credibility of the Tippit document.  This could identify the mysterious caller as a Hungarian.

Hungarian could have been changed to German or Austrian by the FBI to mislead further.  I don't see the point changing language names since Emile Kardos is mentioned.  Why change anything since this was to be kept Top Secret and not declassified.  It wasn't hard to figure out who Emil Gardos, was and once Grace was known as the wife it was not difficult to pin Fred Blair as the uncle and brother in law. 

Edited by John Butler

John,

In the summer of 1952, the real Marguerite and the real LHO drove to NYC and moved into John Pic’s apartment on 92nd St. in Manhattan, and then moved to 1455 Sheridan in the Bronx, where Lee attended PS 44, PROBABLY in the Bronx, until summer break in 1953.

At the same time, in the fall of 1952, Harvey and phony Marguerite started living at 825 E. 179th St. and Harvey began attending PS 117.   Copies of school records for PS 117 show that Oswald attended only 15 of 62 days in school during late 1952 through March 23, 1953, which eventually landed him in Youth House for truancy.  Lee’s school attendance record was always pretty good.

It seems unlikely to me that phony Marguerite ever interacted with the kid born as LHO.  Not sure, though, exactly when Harvey and “mom” arrived in New York.  Some of this might be clearer if the FBI hadn’t “lost” all the original school records for LHO, despite efforts by the mayor of NYC and a city judge to track them down.   

Edited by Jim Hargrove

Jim,

I agree that it is very likely that there were two "Oswald's" and two "Marguerite's" in NYC between 1952 and 1953. 

But this is irrelevant to our focus on Gardos and the mysterious woman caller.

Remember, the mysterious women caller specifically linked "Oswald" with Gardos, his brother-in-law (who could only have been Fred Blair) and/or Louis Weinstock. Gardos had "voluntarily" deported to Hungary by 1950 at the latest, so the exploits of the various "Oswald's" and "Marguerite's" in 1952/53 could not have been connected. 

No, the mysterious woman caller was focusing on events from the 1940's (although she wrongly believed they happened in the 1950's, a common mistake as people age - time speeds up for all of us.)

I argued earlier that the mysterious woman caller must have known the boy from Yorkville by name - it would have been impossible for her in 1963 to recognize "Oswald" by face alone as the same little boy from Yorkville 15 years earlier, if he were using a different name.

What name?

"Oswald".

She knew him as "Oswald" back in the 1940's - that's why she was so certain it was the same young man when she drove to Connecticut to place her call to Mrs. Jack Tippit!

We believe the mysterious woman caller knew of the second "Oswald" (Harvey), not the real Lee Harvey Oswald.

The real Lee Harvey Oswald's birth mother, the real Marguerite, was married to Edwin Ekdahl between 1945 and 1948. They lived in Texas, although spooky Ekdahl traveled extensively, and seemed to move in the same social circles as elites in Washington, D.C. Back in the 1940's, the only possible way for an intelligence agency to note the resemblance (such as it was) between two unrelated boys would have been for someone to lay eyes on both boys. There just wasn't anyone besides Edwin Ekdahl in the real Lee's life who would have been in position to spot the resemblance between the real Marguerite's youngest son and the Yorkville boy, then in the custody of Emil Gardos. (I think if we agree on that, then whether "Oswald" was actually John Gardos or a recent refugee from eastern Europe becomes less important.) 

Yet the mysterious woman caller seemingly knew "Oswald" as "Oswald". Therefore, Ekdahl (presumably) had already alerted U.S. intelligence officials to the resemblance between his new wife's third son and the boy with Emil Gardos. This would imply that U.S. intelligence had close tabs on the Gardos family in the 1940's. Well, as we know from the official record, the U.S. government really had been keeping tabs on Emil Gardos for decades (and we know from the 1966 memo that Grace Gardos and her son were still the subject of much interest to the FBI.)

Thus, it is certain that the "Oswald" doppelganger intelligence project was up and underway at the time that the mysterious woman caller came in contact with/knew of the boy with Emil Gardos in Yorkville. Since "Oswald's" (Harvey)'s presence down south is pretty well accounted for in 1948/49, it seems very likely that the mysterious woman could only have known "Oswald" in Yorkville sometime between 1945 and 1947.

So, to wrap this up, might I suggest that we make a FOIA request for any federal files on Emil Gardos, Grace Gardos, John Gardos and/or any little boy placed with the aforementioned? Such files (especially if they are FBI files) might well contain a wealth of information, including possible photographs. Even if they don't, those files would tell us where little Johnny went to school, whether the Gardos parents ever had custody of a refugee from eastern Europe, etc.

We should keep trying to find the school records, but I am not optimistic that any such records (from schools that were torn down decades ago) still exist. But I bet the FBI's "Red" files from the 1940's might yet prove very useful. 

Edited by Paul Jolliffe

The credibility of the Mrs Jack Tippit Call

URGENT 11-30-63 7-37 PM EST MB

TO DIRECTOR, AND SACS DALLAS AND NEW YORK
FROM SAC, NEW HAVEN /100-18158/
NEW YORK VIA WASHINGTON
LEE HARVEY OSWALD, IS – R

This is the title of the FBI document that details the events of the Mrs. Jack Tippit call.  This involves Lee Harvey Oswald and is assigned to a classification involving intelligence matters, IS-R.  I believe IS-R means Internal Security, Russia.

The routing of information on this matter goes from FBI offices in New Haven to New York and then to Washington.  And, then from Washington to Dallas and back to New York.  In the body of the report it indicates that at 11:30 AM Mrs. Jack Tippit receives an anonymous call from a mysterious caller. 

AT APPROXIMATELY ELEVEN THIRTY AM ON INSTANT DATE MRS. TIPPIT
RECEIVED A TELEPHONE CALL FROM UNKNOWN WOMAN

The matter of the phone call was resolved by the FBI during an approximate eight-hour period.  It was treated as an urgent matter.

At the end of the document is this information which gives one the time period of resolving this call.  The information goes to the top of the FBI and the document is later sent to Mr. Rosen, Assistant Director of the FBI.  The decision on what to do is more than likely handled by AD Rosen and the Director, J. Edgar Hoover.  Hoover is not mentioned, but Hoover was a micro-manager and was likely involved. 

END AND ACK PLS
7-45 PM OK FBI WA LLD FOR RELAY
6-47 PM CST OK FBI DL FL
TU PLSDISC M
CC-MR_ROSEN

FOR RELAY 6-47 PM CST OK FBI DL FL

Most of this is difficult to read, but I would think that everything was handled by 6-47 CST / 7-47 EST.  This suggest that this was truly and urgent and important matter that had to be relayed to the top of the FBI for disposal.  There is another line in the ending information “6-47 PM CST OK FBI DL FL”, which I take to mean DL = Dallas and FL means Florida.  It could mean something else.

The point of this discussion is that the information contained in this document was urgent and had to be handled immediately.  This means that the FBI found the information about the Tippit call creditable involving Lee Harvey Oswald.  This was information that the leadership of the FBI did not want anyone to know outside of the heads of various FBI offices and denied to general knowledge. 

They marked the document Top Secret and not to be declassified.  This document was kept secret from 11-30-63 to 7-19-93.  This is a period of 30 years. 

All of this says that the mysterious caller saying that Emile Kardos (Emil Gardos) was the father of Lee Harvey Oswald has validity.  Further more the uncle and brother in law were known.  They were Hungarian communists and planned to take over the US.  When Emil Gardos’ wife, Grace Amalia Blair Gardos, is known then the uncle and brother in law becomes Grace’s brother, Fred Blair.

Being hid for 30 years has dulled the effect of this document.  Some people think this was a crank call.  This matter has been worked on over the past 20 or so years and more and more information explaining this call has developed over that period.

At this point there is no direct evidence other than this report connecting Grace Gardo’s son, John Gardos, who was born in the same year as Lee Harvey Oswald, is Lee Harvey Oswald.

If the FBI saw this as credible then further research is warranted to prove or disprove this information.

Paul,

"We should keep trying to find the school records, but I am not optimistic that any such records (from schools that were torn down decades ago) still exist. But I bet the FBI's "Red" files from the 1940's might yet prove very useful." 

I researched this yesterday and found that the records of a school remain at that school and are not sent to a central location such as the New York City Department of Education.  If the school is closed then the records go to the next school that serves that area.  And, if I am not mistaken I believe I read the records are kept for 25 years.  If this is true then a records research won't work.  The 25 year limit needs to be rechecked.  It is possible one may find seized records with the FBI.

Paul said, "But this is irrelevant to our focus on Gardos and the mysterious woman caller.

Remember, the mysterious women caller specifically linked "Oswald" with Gardos, his brother-in-law (who could only have been Fred Blair) and/or Louis Weinstock. Gardos had "voluntarily" deported to Hungary by 1950 at the latest, so the exploits of the various "Oswald's" and "Marguerite's" in 1952/53 could not have been connected. 

No, the mysterious woman caller was focusing on events from the 1940's (although she wrongly believed they happened in the 1950's, a common mistake as people age - time speeds up for all of us.)

I argued earlier that the mysterious woman caller must have known the boy from Yorkville by name - it would have been impossible for her in 1963 to recognize "Oswald" by face alone as the same little boy from Yorkville 15 years earlier, if he were using a different name.

What name?

"Oswald".

She knew him as "Oswald" back in the 1940's - that's why she was so certain it was the same young man when she drove to Connecticut to place her call to Mrs. Jack Tippit!"

This is a good reading of the information.  I can generally agree with Paul's conclusions.  I have some doubts the name Oswald was used in the 1940s, but will go along with Paul lacking information to the contrary.  However, I would like to keep the conclusions open in the light of not knowing who the mysterious caller was.  And, finding a firm connection between John Gardos / Lee Harvey Oswald.  As I said in an earlier post the FBI considered this information valid and credible.  Their behavior in this matter says so. 

Paul also said, "But this is irrelevant to our focus on Gardos and the mysterious woman caller."  This refers to the 1952-1953 period when the Oswalds were in New York.  I've had this believe also, but I also had beliefs that this period is important due to the Fuhrmans being Hungarians.  And, John Pic's omission of information about his wife's family.  I believe Jenner and Pic were working off of a script and this was an agreed on omission.  Half the time I am thinking the only people, Hungarian, in this situation are the Fuhrmans and are relevant to understanding what is happening. I can't find a connection between the Fuhrmans and the Gardos.  Doesn't mean there isn't one.

There are language problems in this FBI document that may give clues to the identity of the mysterious caller. 

Edited by John Butler

20 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Paul,

"We should keep trying to find the school records, but I am not optimistic that any such records (from schools that were torn down decades ago) still exist. But I bet the FBI's "Red" files from the 1940's might yet prove very useful." 

I researched this yesterday and found that the records of a school remain at that school and are not sent to a central location such as the New York City Department of Education.  If the school is closed then the records go to the next school that serves that area.  And, if I am not mistaken I believe I read the records are kept for 25 years.  If this is true then a records research won't work.  The 25 year limit needs to be rechecked.  It is possible one may find seized records with the FBI.

Paul said, "But this is irrelevant to our focus on Gardos and the mysterious woman caller.

What name?

"Oswald".

She knew him as "Oswald" back in the 1940's - that's why she was so certain it was the same young man when she drove to Connecticut to place her call to Mrs. Jack Tippit!"

This is a good reading of the information.  I can generally agree with Paul's conclusions.  I have some doubts the name Oswald was used in the 1940s, but will go along with Paul lacking information to the contrary.  However, I would like to keep the conclusions open in the light of not knowing who the mysterious caller was.  And, finding a firm connection between John Gardos / Lee Harvey Oswald.  As I said in an earlier post the FBI considered this information valid and credible.  Their behavior in this matter says so. 

Paul also said, "But this is irrelevant to our focus on Gardos and the mysterious woman caller."  This refers to the 1952-1953 period when the Oswalds were in New York.  I've had this believe also, but I also had beliefs that this period is important due to the Fuhrmans being Hungarians.  And, John Pic's omission of information about his wife's family.  I believe Jenner and Pic were working off of a script and this was an agreed on omission.  Half the time I am thinking the only people, Hungarian, in this situation are the Fuhrmans and are relevant to understanding what is happening. I can't find a connection between the Fuhrmans and the Gardos.  Doesn't mean there isn't one.

There are language problems in this FBI document that may give clues to the identity of the mysterious caller. 

John,

You and I agree that the key time frame when our mysterious woman caller knew "Oswald" and Gardos is the middle of the 1940's. This is not to minimize the need for further work on "Oswald" in NYC in 1952/53, merely that those years could not have been connected with Gardos (he was no longer in the country), and therefore our caller must have been (understandably) mistaken.

I absolutely agree that the FBI's behavior about the call to Mrs. Jack Tippit is so damning to the official narrative: they treated this like a hot potato right up to the top, they knew perfectly well to whom the mysterious caller referred (and then they had the audacity to misspell the name as "Emile Kardos" and also "Woman's World"!!!), and then they classified it forever, only to see the light of day after Congress changed the law in the 1990's.

No, all of this proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the FBI knew there was something very important (and essentially correct) about the caller's information - "Oswald" had a very different past than what was then being presented to the American public. None of that could be disclosed to the public.

By the way, to further emphasize the point, someone at the FBI hand-wrote a big asterisk right over the name and then underlined"Emile Kardos" on the original FBI memo! Someone knew immediately who "Emile Kardos" really was! They marked it up in dark ink on the original!

(See the original FBI report, page two second paragraph)

http://harveyandlee.net/Harvey Who/Tippit-FBI_Graphical.htm

Paul,

The information I have been able to collect is that during the relevant time the Gardos:

1.  Were in Ironwood, MI in the late 1930s and appear in the US Census there in 1940.

2.  Emil Gardos and Grace Blair were married in New York City in 1936.

3  Emil was helping Brother Fred with communist matters in Milwaukee about 1932-34.  There he met Grace, Fred's sister.  There was an age difference of 10 years.  Grace would have been 25 when they married.

4.  Grace was in New York in 1942 at the address 514 East 83rd Street.  She is also mentioned in a government report for that year.  All of the addresses in this case appear to be in Little Hungary or Yorkville. 

5.  Grace in 1943 is at the more familiar address of 217 East 86th Street.

So, from 1942 until 1947 someone could have known John Gardos up to about his 8th year.  If he was living with his mother it is doubtful he would be called Oswald unless the game was already afoot and plans for the Oswald Project were in motion.  And, someone might have known of this situation in later times say 1952-53 and made a connection between the two when the phony Lee Harvey Oswald showed up in New York.  Recognition between an 8 year old and a supposedly undersized Harvey at 13 years may have been easier.  Or, this knowledge may suggest the relationship of the mysterious caller lingers on until the assassination.  This suggests an even closer relationship.

This again points to the Fuhrmans and I have absolutely no evidence other than speculation to say so.  Unfortunately, I keep coming back to this. 

Because of language differences the mysterious caller could be Hungarian.  

Edited by John Butler

1 hour ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

By the way, to further emphasize the point, someone at the FBI hand-wrote a big asterisk right over the name and then underlined"Emile Kardos" on the original FBI memo! Someone knew immediately who "Emile Kardos" really was! They marked it up in dark ink on the original!

Paul - how do you know it was FBI and not John A who I believe made the copy at NARA?

=====

Now for some research results:

The mention of TIPPIT is connected by Mrs Tippit to an article on Nov 25th in the Norfolk Hour Newspaper....

History[edit]

The newspaper was founded in 1871.[1][2] It was published under the title The Evening Hour from 1895 into the 1900s, at which point it was renamed The Norwalk Hour. Some time after 1971, it became simply The Hour.[3][4] The newspaper covers local news, business, sports, and entertainment,[2] and as of April 2003, had a circulation of 16,070

I have a tough time seeing how a woman in NYC would be aware of a tiny local paper's report... and I doubt the NYTimes would mention every TIPPIT in the NE due to an occurrence in TX.

https://06880danwoog.com/2013/11/24/j-d-tippit-and-jack/  is a link to an article mentioning and showing the CT Jack Tippit (sadly it's a Dale Nyers article where he attributes things to JA which he never did)

Her being "from" NYC doesn't mean she was "in" NYC at the time she came "here"... to Westport, Ct where the Tippit's lived.
How else would this woman know about the CT Jack Tippit unless she was in the Norwalk/Westport area to read this paper?

=======

I was able to find the listings for ALL THE SCHOOL CHILDREN IN TARRANT COUNTY in the 40's and 50's.... (but since so many of my attachments are in locked threads I cannot delete them to make more space...  is there a way to post the URL of the image itself from Google drive?)

Anyway...  you will see that in 1947-48 Marguerite OSWALD has both HARVEY OSWALD age 8 and NANCY LEE OSWALD age 7 living at 1505 8th (going to Lily B Clayton)
in 1948-49 we now have MARGUERTE EKDAHL as parent/guardian, HARVEY OSWALD with his July 9th birthday supposedly to allow him to enter school early since Sept 1 was the cutoff... and a line thru NANCY LEE OSWALD with MARGUERTE EKDAHL and a 10/19/39 birthdate...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17K-_v16OhQklf6exfqbq0qBwK5jQ1ajb

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JUZ7ogZc6ipPe73N6dCjvZlTLPBZJ4lh is for the 49-50 school year....

ROBERT OSWALD is both parent/guardian and student (10th grade) 4/7/34 bday
HARVEY OSWALD with MARGUERTE EKDAHL and 10-19-39 bday
The next line:  TED L OSWALT with a 4/6/34 bday seems out of place....  what happens to NANCY LEE?

I also checked to see if OSWALD was listed at Stripling in 54, 55, 56 with negative results...

Something worth noting... on the TARRANT COUNTY LAND Docs for Section 5 Lot 1 (101 San Saba) shows it was bought by Marguerite C EKDAHL on 7-7-47
http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/ref/collection/po-arm/id/38349   
Edward and Robert were at the Chamberlain Academy so they would not have been seen at San Saba (yet still does not explain Pic's response re: San Saba)
Ekdahl spent most of his time in Ft. Worth...  it seems that Mrs Ekdahl buys the home yet never actually lives there.... the Marge imposter does...

btw - the FBI report on Georgia Bell is complete BS... when John showed her the report she was livid about not having said those things....  After She and Harvey leave San Saba around Thanksgiving 1947 I THINK they go to 2220 Thomas where Harvey attends South Hi Mount elementary...  not too long before they leave San Saba Marge has a neighbor, Lucille Hubbard drive her to 2220 THOMAS to pick up some furniture... 

While Mrs Ekdahl is living at 1505 8th.... Marge and Harvey are at San Saba and Thomas Place....  at least that's how it appears...

So, who is NANCY LEE OSWALD ???

Edited by David Josephs

John Butler,

I appreciate your work on this but I doubt that our mysterious woman caller knew "Oswald" in the 1950's - after all, she associated "Oswald" with Gardos and Blair, neither of whom was in NYC at any time in the 1950's (as far we can tell.)

Since Grace (and presumably little John and Emil) were living in NYC by 1942, it is possible the caller's knowledge of that family could date to then. However, there is zero evidence that any Oswald doppelganger project could have existed by then. The real LHO was only three years old, and there is no one in his life who (at that moment in the early 1940's) could possibly have associated him with the Yorkville boy. 

Such an association is not only possible, but probable between 1945 and 1947 - the very time when Marguerite's third husband, Edwin Ekdahl, was constantly traveling all over the USA, particularly to major east coast cities. He is the only serious candidate to have spotted the resemblance between Marguerite's third son and the Yorkville boy. I believe the "Oswald" doppelganger project was born of his personal observations. Ekdahl told someone who then took operational advantage of this apparent physical similarity.

While it is theoretically possible that our mysterious woman caller knew of the "Oswald" project, I strongly doubt it. Such a project would have been on a "need-to-know" basis, and there is nothing in the FBI memo to indicate this woman knew anything. After all, she was deathly afraid of the communists like Gardos! She seemd to think that somehow men like Gardos or Weinstock were somehow behind the assassination! She thought the assassination was but a first step in a master plan to "take over the government"!

Edited by Paul Jolliffe

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

Paul - how do you know it was FBI and not John A who I believe made the copy at NARA?

=====

Now for some research results:

The mention of TIPPIT is connected by Mrs Tippit to an article on Nov 25th in the Norfolk Hour Newspaper....

History[edit]

The newspaper was founded in 1871.[1][2] It was published under the title The Evening Hour from 1895 into the 1900s, at which point it was renamed The Norwalk Hour. Some time after 1971, it became simply The Hour.[3][4] The newspaper covers local news, business, sports, and entertainment,[2] and as of April 2003, had a circulation of 16,070

I have a tough time seeing how a woman in NYC would be aware of a tiny local paper's report... and I doubt the NYTimes would mention every TIPPIT in the NE due to an occurrence in TX.

https://06880danwoog.com/2013/11/24/j-d-tippit-and-jack/  is a link to an article mentioning and showing the CT Jack Tippit (sadly it's a Dale Nyers article where he attributes things to JA which he never did)

Her being "from" NYC doesn't mean she was "in" NYC at the time she came "here"... to Westport, Ct where the Tippit's lived.
How else would this woman know about the CT Jack Tippit unless she was in the Norwalk/Westport area to read this paper?

=======

I was able to find the listings for ALL THE SCHOOL CHILDREN IN TARRANT COUNTY in the 40's and 50's.... (but since so many of my attachments are in locked threads I cannot delete them to make more space...  is there a way to post the URL of the image itself from Google drive?)

Anyway...  you will see that in 1947-48 Marguerite OSWALD has both HARVEY OSWALD age 8 and NANCY LEE OSWALD age 7 living at 1505 8th (going to Lily B Clayton)
in 1948-49 we now have MARGUERTE EKDAHL as parent/guardian, HARVEY OSWALD with his July 9th birthday supposedly to allow him to enter school early since Sept 1 was the cutoff... and a line thru NANCY LEE OSWALD with MARGUERTE EKDAHL and a 10/19/39 birthdate...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17K-_v16OhQklf6exfqbq0qBwK5jQ1ajb

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JUZ7ogZc6ipPe73N6dCjvZlTLPBZJ4lh is for the 49-50 school year....

ROBERT OSWALD is both parent/guardian and student (10th grade) 4/7/34 bday
HARVEY OSWALD with MARGUERTE EKDAHL and 10-19-39 bday
The next line:  TED L OSWALT with a 4/6/34 bday seems out of place....  what happens to NANCY LEE?

I also checked to see if OSWALD was listed at Stripling in 54, 55, 56 with negative results...

Something worth noting... on the TARRANT COUNTY LAND Docs for Section 5 Lot 1 (101 San Saba) shows it was bought by Marguerite C EKDAHL on 7-7-47
http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/ref/collection/po-arm/id/38349   
Edward and Robert were at the Chamberlain Academy so they would not have been seen at San Saba (yet still does not explain Pic's response re: San Saba)
Ekdahl spent most of his time in Ft. Worth...  it seems that Mrs Ekdahl buys the home yet never actually lives there.... the Marge imposter does...

btw - the FBI report on Georgia Bell is complete BS... when John showed her the report she was livid about not having said those things....  After She and Harvey leave San Saba around Thanksgiving 1947 I THINK they go to 2220 Thomas where Harvey attends South Hi Mount elementary...  not too long before they leave San Saba Marge has a neighbor, Lucille Hubbard drive her to 2220 THOMAS to pick up some furniture... 

While Mrs Ekdahl is living at 1505 8th.... Marge and Harvey are at San Saba and Thomas Place....  at least that's how it appears...

So, who is NANCY LEE OSWALD ???

David,

I cc'd you on my email to John A. and the question of the provenance of the asterisk and the underlining, so hopefully we'll have an answer soon. 

That's a good question about how the mysterious woman caller became aware of a Norwalk, Connecticut article about Mrs. Jack Tippit. I agree that if the woman caller was living in NYC at the time, then it would be unlikely she would be aware of what was published in a small Connecticut weekly paper. Nonetheless, the woman claimed to Mrs. Tippit that she was "from New York" and wanted to make an untraceable local call, lest she be tracked down and killed. So maybe she really was from NYC, and, unlikely as it seems, she really did read the Norwalk paper?

That is fascinating stuff about Marguerite and "Nancy Lee Oswald". I'll have more to say later . . .

1 hour ago, John Kowalski said:

Does anyone know what the relationship is between Jack D. Tippit and JD Tippit?

If the caller was from New York, how did she know that Jack D. Tippit lived in Westport Connecticut?

John K.,

1. According to the FBI report, Mrs. Jack Tippit herself stated that her husband, Jack, was a "distant relation" to J.D. Tippit. 

(The two men were not brothers, but they may have been cousins on some level.)

2. Mrs. Jack Tippit spoke with an inquisitive reporter shortly after the assassination, and on 11/25/63, an article appeared in the Norwalk Weekly in Connecticut. We don't know for certain how the mysterious woman caller knew of the Tippit connection, but the newspaper interview was probably it. 

http://harveyandlee.net/Harvey Who/Tippit-FBI_Graphical.htm