The Education Forum

EVIDENCE FOR HARVEY AND LEE (Please debate the specifics right here. Don't just claim someone else has debunked it!)

Jim Hargrove

19 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Does anyone recall reading that one or some of Harvey's payroll checks were signed by someone other than the people he worked for? Apparently the check(s) were signed by a president of another company while he was working at: Leslie Welding, Jaggers-Chiles-Stovall or Reilly's.

Are you referring to the $33 TEC check that was deposited Sept 25th in New Orleans after he left?  Along with the New Orleans return of 4 library books after he left.

DJ

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a copy of Peter Dale Scott's Deep Politics and the Death of JFK? The answer to the question I have regarding Harvey's payroll anomalies may be found in chapter 6. Checked Harvey and Lee because I thought John A. had dealt with but in my notes but did not find anything. Found a reference to PDS and he does deal with some of these issues.

The question I have is, did someone, A CEO or someone else not connected to the companies he worked for, sign some of his checks? The reference I recall said the check was signed by someone who was not in New Orleans where he was working.

5 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Are you referring to the $33 TEC check that was deposited Sept 25th in New Orleans after he left?  Along with the New Orleans return of 4 library books after he left.

No, the check was for work he did and was not unemployment benefits paid by the Texas Employment Commission.

John,

Page 95 of that PDS book says, “at least some of Oswald’s alleged paychecks from the Reily company are apparently not genuine as transmitted to the Warren Commission; the FBI was aware they had a problem in this area; and they went out of their way to conceal the problem.8”

SEE HERE.

I haven’t found endnote 8 yet.

ALSO SEE HERE.

EDIT: The endnote from page 95 appears to be on page 332, but when I got to page 331, Google decided I had abused my PDS privileges for a while and shut me down.

Edited by Jim Hargrove

2 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Page 95 of that PDS book says, “at least some of Oswald’s alleged paychecks from the Reily company are apparently not genuine as transmitted to the Warren Commission; the FBI was aware they had a problem in this area; and they went out of their way to conceal the problem.8”

SEE HERE.

I haven’t found endnote 8 yet.

ALSO SEE HERE.

EDIT: The endnote from page 95 appears to be on page 332, but when I got to page 331, Google decided I had abused my PDS privileges for a while and shut me down.

Thanks Jim. Found an electronic version of the book on EBSCO but am not sure if I can access it using this service. If not I will wait for the libraries to open and then borrow it.

Edited by John Kowalski

20 minutes ago, John Kowalski said:

If not I will wait for the libraries to open and then borrow it.

Put a note in my calendar to borrow this book when the library opens. Will update everyone if I find something interesting.

It’s hard to cope with Google’s “fair use” page deletions, but it looks as if Mr. Scott found anomalies in just about all of “Oswald’s” paychecks, at least the post-Marine Corps checks. Was Harvey paid more for his services than Hoover wanted to admit, requiring falsification of the employment records? That’s just a guess, of course, but Mr. Scott goes into some detail about problems with the JCS checks in note 11 below.

PDS_DP&DJFK.jpg

Here's something I thought was particularly amusing.  I have made it into the ranks of famous communists.  Karl Marx, Freidrich Engels, Vladimir Lenin, and Mao Zedong (as it is now spelled).  Who's missing?  Joseph Stalin.

John-Butler-and-famous-communists.jpg

Edited by John Butler

John,

It would be funnier if it wasn’t so creepy, especially since you went out of your way in several of your posts here to say how much you disliked communist politics.  What fine journalism outfit put that list together but managed to exclude people like Stalin, Lenin, Marx, Khrushchev, etc.?

Did this originate from i.postimg.cc, or did you just use that server to post here?

Jim,

That's a wholly owned google production.  I just did a screen capture of the google search result.  It's not the first time my photo showed up in a google search in an odd context.  I rarely see anyone else from the Forum.  I have to ask the question "Why me"?

I'm trying to put something together on the relatedness of Harvey Oswald, John Abt, and Louis Weinstock. 

These characters come together in a few incidents.  An idea rattling around in my head is that Abt and Weinstock, although apparently were seen as dedicated and radical communists, were also informants to the FBI.  Not only that, but Weinstock would have to be in on the Oswald Project if the Tippit Teletype is true.   

Abt came under investigation by the FBI in 1943.  They knew he was a member of the Ware Group , a part of the Golos/Bentley spy networks.  When Ware died in the 1930s, Abt married Ware's widow.  Ware was never tried or convicted of being a communist spy.  The excuse given was that the FBI lacked evidence although there was a ton of evidence.  Evidence from witnesses that put other communists in jail and some executed.  So, this suggests to me that Abt was protected from prosecution. 

Abt defended Weinstock in several court matters involving communism.  In particular, in the first Smith Act case of importance against communists in 1949.  This is probably the reason Weinstock did not leave with the Gardos for Hungary.

Abt is the lawyer that Harvey Oswald requested at the Dallas Police Station.  Abt testified to the WC in what has to be a record for a short testimony by the WC and especially Rankin.  He said Oswald probably heard or read of some case where he defended communists.  And, this is exactly what Oswald said.  I believe Oswald was referring to the Smith Act case against Louis Weinstock. 

I ran across an article on the net listing FBI records that had been sent to the National Archives.  Those records listed were not there.  There are no listings in NARA for John Abt or Louis Weinstock.

NARA

It was said NARA has these FBI records.  A search for revealed they do not have these records.

54965 = John Abt

26018 = Louis Weinstock (General Manager, The Worker)

549651 = John Abt (CPUSA attorney)

While working on this stuff I ran across another interesting thing.  Bill Harvey, of CIA fame, interrogated Elizabeth Bentley and handled her case during the years 1945 and 1957 when he was with the FBI.  It's a small world, the world of Harvey Oswald.

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

I'm trying to put something together on the relatedness of Harvey Oswald, John Abt, and Louis Weinstock. 

John B:

John Abt is an interesting person. Not only is he a communist but he is also a lawyer. No doubt he defended many people connected to CPUSA and his legal files and personal connections would be interesting to investigate because they would reveal the names of both real communists and those Abt suspected of working for the FBI.

Heard back from NARA regarding the scanning of military intelligence documents from NYC in the 1940s. They are not scanning any documents until the current pandemic is over.

Research is going to be difficult for the next few months.

From Kennedy and Oswald:  The Big Picture

Here is an excerpt from this book:

oswald-abt-knows-phone-number-of-office-

It would be interesting to know whose telephone for the office and residential address Oswald gave to Paine.  One would assume that this was information to contact John Abt.

If so, then why did Oswald have this information?  Why did he have this telephone numbers of an office and residence in New York memorized?   Did he have this information memorized or did he have someone look it up?  Is there no evidence to say someone looked this up for him?  

Does this mean Oswald had some plan if caught in some nefarious business to have legal protection?  Does this mean Oswald was uncertain of his place in the scheme of things in Dallas?

And, is this request from Abt real as questioned in the last paragraph here?

Edited by John Butler

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

And, is this request from Abt real as questioned in the last paragraph here?

Book makes a good point about whether or not Oswald asked for Abt. Using Abt to fend off local lawyers offering to help him is a perfect way to paint Oswald red by linking him to a communist and to deny him the legal help he really needed.