The Education Forum

EVIDENCE FOR HARVEY AND LEE (Please debate the specifics right here. Don't just claim someone else has debunked it!)

Jim Hargrove

5 hours ago, Jeremy Bojczuk said:

As for the question you find so unsettling: we know that the double-doppelganger scheme didn't happen; my question illustrated why it didn't happen. The scheme could never have happened, because anyone intending to send a 'Harvey and Lee'-type defector to the Soviet Union had a far easier way to achieve that goal.

You just did it again. Your question does not prove anything. It's clear to me that you are not getting the point I have been trying to make.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Kowalski writes:

It's clear to me that you are not getting the point I have been trying to make.

If there's something obvious that I'm missing, I apologise. Perhaps you could try making your point in another way.

You wrote earlier that I "say that the conspiracy must not be true." Which conspiracy do you mean? If you mean the 'Harvey and Lee' conspiracy, then of course it isn't true. That particular conspiracy has been shown to be untrue, just as the conspiracy in which the driver shot Kennedy, or the conspiracy in which all the photographs and home movies were faked, have been shown to be untrue.

As I explained, there is no good reason to suppose that any long-term double-doppelganger scheme ever existed, because every aspect of it that has been examined in detail has been shown to be seriously flawed.

Since there was no 'Harvey and Lee' double-doppelganger scheme, what exactly was the problem with the question I raised?

1 hour ago, John Kowalski said:

You just did it again. Your question does not prove anything. It's clear to me that you are not getting the point I have been trying to make.

John,

Rather than getting bogged down in semantics, why not simply review the previous 86 pages of this thread, where posters like Jeremy, Robert Charles Dunne and Tracy Parnell have authoritatively shredded the Harvey and Lee theory?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, Jonathan Cohen said:

John,

Rather than getting bogged down in semantics, why not simply review the previous 86 pages of this thread, where posters like Jeremy, Robert Charles Dunne and Tracy Parnell have authoritatively shredded the Harvey and Lee theory?

Jeremy, Dunne and Parnell?  Really?  How about Peter Dale Scott and John Newman:

Peter Dale Scott and John Newman on Two Oswalds:

https://youtu.be/AhrZXO_p4QY

Above clip from 3 March, 2018 "Spy Wars" Conference, San Francisco, Part 2.

Speakers in this clip are:

Bill Simpich--BS
Peter Dale Scott – PDS
John Newman – JN

At approximately the 37:12 mark in the YouTube clip above:

BS: There’s two different genuses of false phone calls. 
PDS: Yeah, exactly.  One was a call with a lie in it, the other was an alleged call that did not, in fact, take place.
JN: The Tuesday call didn’t take place?
PDS: No, the Tuesday call did take place by a man, I’m sure, was not the Oswald we think of….
JN: Right
PDS: ... and then, by the way… this is just a question… are you absolutely convinced that the man who was “Lee Harvey Oswald” in Russia was, in fact, the man picked up in Dallas in 1963?
JN: Not at all.  And I’ve gone over to the view that in Mexico City that, maybe it’s him, maybe it’s not. So I’m not going to be dogmatic about it. He could have been there and impersonated or could have been not there at all.
PDS: ... There is a fragment of a release that says that the man who made the phone calls spoke horrible Russian AND English!  So, I do not think that was the man in Dallas….  This is completely anecdotal but I once had an hour long conversation with Marina where I was trying my hardest not to bring up the assassination.  We were talking about literature and I said did she like Henry James and she said she had never heard of Henry James, who was Henry James and I said, “Oh, he’s sort of like the American Turgenev.  And she said, “Oh, Turgenev, Alek really loved Turgenev.”  The man who checked out books from the New Orleans Public Library was not a lover of Turgenev.

The Bolton Ford Incident and the Two Oswalds

On January 20, 1961, while Harvey Oswald was in Minsk, two men visited the Bolton Ford dealership in New Orleans. They spoke with Assistant Manager Oscar Deslatte and said they were interested in purchasing 10 Ford Econoline Trucks. As one of the men discussed the purchase with Deslatte the other man, who identified himself as Joseph Moore, made a list of the equipment they desired on the trucks.

Deslatte went to his boss, truck manager Fred Sewell, and told him about the two men who wanted to purchase trucks and said they represented the "Free Democrats of Cuba or some such organization." Sewell told Deslatte to give the men a bid of $75 over their cost for the trucks. Deslatte and Sewell returned to Deslatte's desk and wrote out a bid form to Joseph Moore. As Deslatte was filling out the bid form, Joseph Moore and the other man began talking to both Deslatte and Sewell.42

When Moore saw that Deslatte had written his name on the bid form he asked that the name be changed to "Friends of Democratic Cuba." Moore's friend looked· at the form and said, "By the way, you'd better put my name down there because I'm the man handling the money." When Deslatte asked, "What's your name?" the man replied, "Lee Oswald."61-04

Sewell described Lee Oswald as, "5-foot-6 or 5-foot-7, thin, about 140 pounds, and thought he needed a meal and a haircut. He recalled that Oswald was clean but "wasn't well dressed and he wasn't shabby." Sewell described the second man, who identified himself as Joseph Moore as, "Kind of heavy-set ..... not overly, but well built ..... he was curly haired ..... he had a scar over his left eye ..... olive complexioned and seemed to be educated ..... he had a Cuban accent and looked like a Cuban."

Deslatte gave the original bid form to "Lee Oswald" and kept a copy for his files, which he gave to the FBI following the assassination.61-05

http://harveyandlee.net/Comrade/Bolton.gif\

The purchaser was listed as the "Friends of Democratic Cuba," 402 St. Charles Street, New Orleans, LA., phone number JA-5-0763.43 After talking with Deslate for over an hour the two men took the original bid form and left.

NOTE: The Friends of Democratic Cuba was incorporated on January 9, 1961 in
Louisiana. The address of 402 St. Charles Street was listed as vacant in the 1960, 1961
and 1962 New Orleans City directories.

--Above excerpted from Harvey and Lee, pp. 325-326, Copyright © 2003 by John Armstrong

Remarkable about the “Friends of Democratic Cuba” were the names of two of its officers. The image shown below is a composite scan from the beginning and the end of the Louisiana Articles of Incorporation for Friends of Democratic Cuba, Inc.

W. Guy Banister worked at the infamous 544 Camp Street address in New Orleans, made famous by the Jim Garrison investigation.

Gerard Tugague employed Oswald briefly in late 1955 and early 1956 at the 300 Sanlin Building in New Orleans.

On our website John Armstrong wrote, “This well-known incident was cited in Warren Commission Document 75 p. 677 and the House Select Committee on Assassinations Vol. X; FBI 67-39565-66. For years some JFK researchers believed that an impostor was using Oswald's name while the alleged future assassin was in Russia. As more and more examples surfaced it became clear that another man, using the name "Lee Harvey Oswald," was associating with anti-Castro Cubans and CIA operatives in the southern United States during the very years the Warren Commission placed him in the Soviet Union. This man was southern born LEE Oswald, and is a clear indication that both Oswalds were active in American intelligence operations.”There are other examples of LEE Oswald operating in the U.S. while HARVEY Oswald was in Russia. For an overview, see THIS PAGE on HarveyandLee.net.

Below is a copy of the FBI report covering this incident. Compare it to the Garrison interview excerpted above.  For more information about why the FBI report is misleading, see below.

http://harveyandlee.net/JH%20PIX/Deslatte1.png

As we’ll see immediately below, by 12/19/63 the FBI had already confirmed through a third source that “Lee Harvey Oswald” said he “was trying to get trucks for Cuba” and that Oswald had contacted Bolton Ford assistant truck manager Oscar W. Deslatte, who worked directly below truck manager Fred Sewell.  The FBI apparently tried to bury the Bolton Ford incident, but none of its members, including J. Edgar Hoover, could have predicted that Fred Sewell would be interviewed by James Alcock and Jim Garrison on May 2, 1967.

Sewell told Garrison and Alcock that he believed that one of the two men who visited the Bolton dealership in 1961 had used the name “Lee Oswald.”  Sewell then described what happened immediately after the assassination of JFK: “So when the President was assassinated and the name came out, OSCAR come in either the next morning or the morning after and said, ‘Say, Fred, do you remember those two guys who was in here from Cuba trying to get some buses cheap?’ and I said, ‘Yes.’  He said, ‘I think that one of those men was the one who killed the President.’ I said, ‘Aw your kidding’ and he said ‘We’ve got a piece of paper around here somewhere with a bid on it.’ He went and hauled that piece of paper out and the[n] OSCAR called the FBI.”

http://harveyandlee.net/JH%20PIX/Deslatte_to_Sewell.jpg

Sewell went on to describe how two young FBI agents came to the dealership and collected the bid that contained the name “Oswald” and “Friends of Democratic Cuba.”  “They took two pieces of plastic and they scooped it up between it and they said have you touched this and we said, well, I guess so.”   Sewell said repeatedly they they weren’t shown any pictures of Oswald by the FBI agents, but that the agents informed them that “OSWALD wasn’t even in the country at that time.  He couldn’t be.”

Sewell went on to say that the Oswald he saw at the Bolton dealership “appears to be the same man” he saw on television after the President was shot.

http://harveyandlee.net/JH%20PIX/Bolton_FBI_Denies.jpg

By Dec. 19, 1963, the SAC in New Orleans was already confirming directly to J. Edgar Hoover himself that a man named Charles Pearson, who was office manager at Graham Paper Company, had stated that his friend Oscar W. Deslatte, assistant manager of truck sales at Bolton Ford, had been contacted by Oswald about buying trucks.  Worse yet, the whole process of investigating the incident was prompted by a phone call from none other than Carlos Bringieur, the man who pretended to fight and then debate on the radio with “Lee Harvey Oswald” in August 1963 in New Orleans.

http://harveyandlee.net/JH%20PIX/Bolton_Confirm.jpg

Above material quoted or adapted from Harvey and Lee by John Armstrong and includes document reproductions from the John Armstrong Collection at Baylor University.

He's back! I'm glad to see that Jim is alive and well. I had visions of a worried-looking, out-of-breath John Armstrong running down the street, with the Benny Hill music playing in the background, being chased by Jim Hargrove who is shaking his fist and shouting "Come back, Armstrong! I wasted twenty years of my life hawking your nonsense!"

As for Bolton Ford, this isn't the first time Jim has copied and pasted that particular passage from Scripture. He did so four years ago, when it was replied to here:

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t1408-the-bolton-ford-incident

If anyone on the planet still has even the slightest interest in Jim's long-debunked theory, they should check out these links:

The fundamental problem with the long-term double-doppelganger scheme is that it could never have happened. Now that Jim has reappeared, perhaps he could answer the question I asked earlier:

The scheme was unnecessarily complex, expensive and inefficient. The possibility of setting it up would surely not even have occurred to the masterminds. The 'Harvey and Lee' theory's preposterous long-term double-doppelganger scheme could never have been implemented.

The masterminds had a much simpler, cheaper, and more efficient way to achieve their goal: find an American with a knack for languages, get him up to speed in Russian, then send him off to Moscow. Here's the question the 'Harvey and Lee' faithful have been unable to answer:

Why did the masterminds not do this?

13 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Jeremy, Dunne and Parnell?  Really?  How about Peter Dale Scott and John Newman:

Bill Simpich--BS
Peter Dale Scott – PDS
John Newman – JN

PDS: Yeah, exactly.  One was a call with a lie in it, the other was an alleged call that did not, in fact, take place.
PDS: No, the Tuesday call did take place by a man, I’m sure, was not the Oswald we think of….
PDS: ... and then, by the way… this is just a question… are you absolutely convinced that the man who was “Lee Harvey Oswald” in Russia was, in fact, the man picked up in Dallas in 1963?
JN: Not at all.  And I’ve gone over to the view that in Mexico City that, maybe it’s him, maybe it’s not. So I’m not going to be dogmatic about it. He could have been there and impersonated or could have been not there at all.

PDS: ... There is a fragment of a release that says that the man who made the phone calls spoke horrible Russian AND English!  So, I do not think that was the man in Dallas….  This is completely anecdotal but I once had an hour long conversation with Marina where I was trying my hardest not to bring up the assassination.  We were talking about literature and I said did she like Henry James and she said she had never heard of Henry James, who was Henry James and I said, “Oh, he’s sort of like the American Turgenev.  And she said, “Oh, Turgenev, Alek really loved Turgenev.”  The man who checked out books from the New Orleans Public Library was not a lover of Turgenev.

Does this make my speculation that Lee Oswald was in Russia and Lee and Harvey were playing there usual game of "switch em" early on there.  Lee was reported to be in Germany at a similar time. 

Harvey was not a tech guy and Lee was to some extent.  Lee Oswald was the one who had aircraft maintenance training and worked in that area.  This training does not show up in the record.  But, he is reported to be doing just that in the fall of 1957 while Harvey enters the Marine Corps.  Lee Oswald was the person who visited many of the U2 bases.  Lee visited Area 51 or bases near there and important SAC radar facilities.   

How would Harvey handle being a supervisor/regulator in the experimental shop where new products were developed.  This was a person who supposedly could not drive a vehicle.

14 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Does this make my speculation that Lee Oswald was in Russia and Lee and Harvey were playing there usual game of "switch em" early on there.  Lee was reported to be in Germany at a similar time. 

First, there was no "Harvey." Never was. Second, as usual you and Jim Hargrove are completely misrepresenting what John Newman is saying above. The key line is "he could have been there and impersonated or could have been not there at all." As has been said on this forum probably hundreds of times, just because Oswald may have been impersonated in Mexico City DOES NOT MEAN such impersonation was part of a long-term doppelganger experiment. The two are not, and never have been, mutually exclusive.

40 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

First, there was no "Harvey." Never was. Second, as usual you and Jim Hargrove are completely misrepresenting what John Newman is saying above. The key line is "he could have been there and impersonated or could have been not there at all." As has been said on this forum probably hundreds of times, just because Oswald may have been impersonated in Mexico City DOES NOT MEAN such impersonation was part of a long-term doppelganger experiment. The two are not, and never have been, mutually exclusive.

Can you prove that?  This sounds to me as no more than speculation.  Speaking about misinterpretation"

15 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

JN: Not at all.

and,

14 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Sewell described Lee Oswald as, "5-foot-6 or 5-foot-7, thin, about 140 pounds, and thought he needed a meal and a haircut. He recalled that Oswald was clean but "wasn't well dressed and he wasn't shabby."

and,

14 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Sewell went on to say that the Oswald he saw at the Bolton dealership “appears to be the same man” he saw on television after the President was shot.

This may clear up your misunderstanding.

16 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Bill Simpich--BS
Peter Dale Scott – PDS
John Newman – JN

Oh Joy, the Derp-A-Thon continues.  

Unable to leave unanswered the contention that Harvey & Lee has been eviscerated here, Jim re-re-re-re-re-posts ancient screeds.  Had they obtained any purchase when previously posted, it wouldn’t be necessary to do again.  

But it is necessary, because it hasn’t worked in the past.  Maybe the 100th time will prove a charm.

In an act of stunning intellectual poverty, Hargrove pits the locals hereabouts against the massively impressive firepower of uber-researchers P.D. Scott, John Newman and Bill Simpich.  They are a sage and august group.  

But they are quoted regarding events of late 1963.  Discussing evidence of adult impersonation of Oswald that predates John Armstrong’s very first musings by decades.  Given that there’s nothing new there, why is it posted?  Why, to falsely imply that these esteemed persons agree with H&L.

Please - Jim Hargrove or any other crack H&L squad member -  provide citations that any of the three above named highly respected authors have vouch-safed a CIA program to fuse two Oswalds beginning in kindergarten.  

If you cannot do so, the gentlemanly thing to do would be to admit it and apologize to a Forum membership you were clearly trying to bamboozle.  

And then apologize to Scott, Newman and Simpich for using their personae to suggest something none of the three has agreed with to date.

Oh, and your postings wouldn’t be considered derp if they were written to actually respond to points made here.  Instead, you seem to prefer drive-by postings of canned pre-fab stuff that has already proved to be unconvincing to Forum members.  You know: derp.

At what point do you just count your losses, and stop losing even more?  

3 hours ago, John Butler said:

Can you prove that?  This sounds to me as no more than speculation.  Speaking about misinterpretation"

and,

and,

This may clear up your misunderstanding.

Mmh?  Strange.

"Can you prove that?  This sounds to me as no more than speculation.  Speaking about misinterpretation"

18 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

JN: Not at all.

and,

Sewell described Lee Oswald as, "5-foot-6 or 5-foot-7, thin, about 140 pounds, and thought he needed a meal and a haircut. He recalled that Oswald was clean but "wasn't well dressed and he wasn't shabby."

and,

This may clear up your misunderstanding."

Are witnesses wrong when they don't agree with you?  Are they to be ignored?  Or, simply are they to be dismissed as if something was wrong with them?  

If the above statements are true about the Bolton Ford incident then Lee Oswald was the first into Russia and Harvey was out doing CIA business for the period fall of of 1959 to spring of 1960 approx-.  This would include the Bolton Ford incident and be in most people's eyes totally wrong.  

This would also make Marina Oswald what?  A spy for the Russians?  A girl who just likes polyandrous relationships?  What does this make the Russians?  Aware of what was going on or duped?

What was said above certainly raises questions.

23 hours ago, John Butler said:

Harvey was not a tech guy and Lee was to some extent.  Lee Oswald was the one who had aircraft maintenance training and worked in that area.  This training does not show up in the record.  But, he is reported to be doing just that in the fall of 1957 while Harvey enters the Marine Corps.  Lee Oswald was the person who visited many of the U2 bases.  Lee visited Area 51 or bases near there and important SAC radar facilities.   

How would Harvey handle being a supervisor/regulator in the experimental shop where new products were developed.  This was a person who supposedly could not drive a vehicle.

John,

This would seem to support your theory, but I still think the majority of evidence points to American-born Oswald in the southeastern U.S. and Cuba, primarily, while the Russian-speaking Oswald was in the USSR.  

The Bolton Ford incident is probably the most well-known example for researchers, but there are many others, including the Dumas and Milnes Chevy meeting with James Spencer in 1961, the Dr. Enrique Luaces’ Cuban encounter that same year,  the well-known claims by Marita Lorenz that she was with Oswald in Florida starting in late 1960, Robert Tanenbaum’s claim that he saw film of the American Oswald from that same period and locale, etc.

An examination of the whole Stephen Landesberg association with the American Oswald in early 1962 shows that Hoover was fully aware of the two Oswald program just hours after the assassination when he sent agents to examine the books of the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans instead of the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City, which is where the American Oswald apparently stayed.  

The very day of the assassination, Hoover wrote a memo stating that Oswald “went to Cuba on several occasions but would not tell us what he went to Cuba for.”  This is obviously a reference to the American Oswald.

On top of this evidence and more, I just can’t imagine a second Oswald, who didn’t understand Russian, being sent to the USSR.  What would the cover story be?  Would there be any real advantages?

21 hours ago, Robert Charles-Dunne said:

Oh Joy, the Derp-A-Thon continues.  

Unable to leave unanswered the contention that Harvey & Lee has been eviscerated here, Jim re-re-re-re-re-posts ancient screeds.  Had they obtained any purchase when previously posted, it wouldn’t be necessary to do again.  

But it is necessary, because it hasn’t worked in the past.  Maybe the 100th time will prove a charm.

In an act of stunning intellectual poverty, Hargrove pits the locals hereabouts against the massively impressive firepower of uber-researchers P.D. Scott, John Newman and Bill Simpich.  They are a sage and august group.  

But they are quoted regarding events of late 1963.  Discussing evidence of adult impersonation of Oswald that predates John Armstrong’s very first musings by decades.  Given that there’s nothing new there, why is it posted?  Why, to falsely imply that these esteemed persons agree with H&L.

Please - Jim Hargrove or any other crack H&L squad member -  provide citations that any of the three above named highly respected authors have vouch-safed a CIA program to fuse two Oswalds beginning in kindergarten.  

If you cannot do so, the gentlemanly thing to do would be to admit it and apologize to a Forum membership you were clearly trying to bamboozle.  

And then apologize to Scott, Newman and Simpich for using their personae to suggest something none of the three has agreed with to date.

Oh, and your postings wouldn’t be considered derp if they were written to actually respond to points made here.  Instead, you seem to prefer drive-by postings of canned pre-fab stuff that has already proved to be unconvincing to Forum members.  You know: derp.

At what point do you just count your losses, and stop losing even more?  

Oh brother, you can see for yourself how John Newman and Peter Dale Scott are clearly respectful of the concept of Two Oswalds, and yet you demand that I apologize for pointing it out!  

It is a hoot to see the anti-H&L folks bend their rhetoric into pretzels to defend their opinions.  

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Oh brother, you can see for yourself how John Newman and Peter Dale Scott are clearly respectful of the concept of Two Oswalds, and yet you demand that I apologize for pointing it out!  

It is a hoot to see the anti-H&L folks bend their rhetoric into pretzels to defend their opinions.  

Yours is weak tea, Jim.

I note from your delicate and feeble wording - "you can see for yourself how John Newman and Peter Dale Scott are clearly respectful of the concept of Two Oswalds" - that you cannot claim they support H&L.    

If you could, you most assuredly would. Slippery wordplay can't get you out of this.

Plenty of people researched and wrote about possible/probable Oswald imposture long before anybody had heard a single word from John Armstrong.  

You should know: Armstrong cribbed from their previous works.   (Which I note, without criticism for it.)

Richard Popkin's 1966 book The Second Oswald beat H&L by decades.  And contains far less fantasy.  And is not the only book on Oswald imposture.

So, knowing that "Two Oswalds" had been written about for decades prior to H&L, how does their "respect" for "Two Oswalds" suddenly turn into Scott and Newman supporting H&L?  

Where are their glowing endorsements?  Where can I locate a laudatory review written about H&L by either of these men?

I will repeat myself:  

Please - Jim Hargrove or any other crack H&L squad member -  provide citations that Scott and/or Newman have vouch-safed a CIA program to fuse two Oswalds beginning in kindergarten.  

And, Jim, thanks for the effort you expended in actually typing two sentences, rather than another drive-by derp-drop.

It is a hoot to see H&L propagandists contort themselves into pretzels trying to imply support from Scott and Newman while being unable to demonstrate it.  Or even say it in plain English.