The Education Forum

The Counter Revolution Has Begun

And boy is the Dark Syde not going to like it, I can guarantee that

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/agc-television-picks-worldwide-oliver-060004509.html

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John:

They are going to a film festival in France to start marketing it later this month.

So it will probably be aired  for next November's anniversary.  

That announcement is correct in saying that its the most illustrious collection of knowledge and talent ever assembled on the JFK case.  It will make that PBS, John McAdams, Koch brothers production look like the apes from 2001 discovering a bone can be used as a club. It will make Inside the Target Car look even worse.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Anthony:

This is definitely going to be a must watch.

Wait till you see all the people involved with this. Right off the bat between Stone and Bob Richardson, you have six Oscars.

But the heart of it will be the interviews.  No show has ever done this many with as many key people as this one.

Fantastic. This information needs a high-profile documentary with an actual budget. 

The Oliver Stone/"JFK" episode of the 50 Reasons series was taken down by A&E Network for copyright issues based on use of portions the awful ABC "Beyond Conspiracy" show. The segments in question were fact-distorting attacks on the "JFK" film and Stone personally, by which the record was set straight. The other side dishes it out but clearly can't take it.

Yeah, I agree Jeff.  But Fifty Reasons was a really neat and admirable effort.

They are going to be sick when they see this one which actually had some money behind it.

Here is a more complete announcement in Variety:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/global/agc-television-picks-up-worldwide-oliver-stones-jfk-destiny-betrayed-1203368818/

Great news, Jim! I remember you mentioning something about a big film project a while back, and it's wonderful to hear it's been finished and picked up for distribution. I look forward to watching it. Congratulations and thanks for all your hard work.

Wow, can't wait to see.

I hope you personally are being compensated in some way for this is based significantly on your book ... correct?

I sure hope so anyway.

After almost thirty years of ludicrous labor and toil, I will be making a few shekels out of this.

Not a lot, just a few.

Uh oh, the Arizona lawyer is now going to say, "See, I told you you were a conspiracy capitalist!"

55 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

After almost thirty years of ludicrous labor and toil, I will be making a few shekels out of this.

Not a lot, just a few.

Should be a lot.

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Not a lot, just a few.

Uh oh, the Arizona lawyer is now going to say, "See, I told you you were a conspiracy capitalist!"

Great story.

Edited by Cory Santos

Fifty Reasons was really good. It was the sort of thing a lot of people talk about doing, but never actually do, make an accessible and well-researched and up-to-date introduction to most of the main elements of the case. I wish I'd been able to talk more people into watching it, as I mentioned it to a few total newcomers every so often.

But a new solid series from Stone, Richardson and all the folks he's gathered is big news and means that we'll see a lot more shrill counter-propaganda over the coming year or two. But the cool thing is, all people will have to do is watch the series, and a dumb counter-article from Shenon or Gerald Posner or whichever dumb CIA guy gets invited onto the Joe Rogan to debunk things for Youtube viewers will have their work cut out for them countering it.