The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

How about he sends people like you into apoplectic fits of lunacy?

You just asked a question and told respondents  how to answer. 

Huge difference between JFK sexual behavior towards women and Trump's.

I'll bet that JFK never forced himself upon any woman. Unwanted kissing, groping, etc.

Or said suggestive comments to them that made them feel extremely uncomfortable.

It seems every women JFK bedded wanted this kind of relationship.

Mimi Alford could be one of the few exceptions true.

If she told the truth in her memoirs and JFK suggested she give Dave Powers a XXXXXXX in the White House pool, and she was just passed legal consent age...that was very wrong.

But Trump has a history of aggressive forcefulness toward women.

He admitted and even bragged about this type of behavior towards women to Billy Bush and which was caught on tape that was played over and over to the entire nation. 

Edited by Joe Bauer

In my experience, guys like Robert W. often confuse matters of social ethics and public (state) policy with matters of private sexual conduct.  This was the entire false premise of the GOP/Kenneth Starr/Brett Kavanaugh defamation of Bill Clinton in the late 1990s.  The five year White Water GOP "investigations" had nothing to do with affairs of state.

The same thing can be said about the endless GOP defamation of JFK on the basis of his promiscuous private sex life.

Of course, sexual misconduct by anyone MAY be evidence of general sociopathy, which is decidedly true in Donald Trump's case.

JFK sought world peace, a ban on nuclear testing, (and proliferation) and an end to U.S. military involvement in Vietnam.  In the most important respects, JFK was a very "moral" President, regardless of his private promiscuity.

The opposite is true in the case of Donald John Trump.  Let's not forget that Trump wants to build (and sell) more nukes!

Edited by W. Niederhut

2 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

In my experience, guys like Robert W. often confuse matters of social ethics and public (state) policy with matters of private sexual conduct.  This was the entire false premise of the GOP/Kenneth Starr/Brett Kavanaugh defamation of Bill Clinton in the late 1990s.  The five year White Water GOP "investigations" had nothing to do with affairs of state.

The same thing can be said about the endless GOP defamation of JFK on the basis of his promiscuous private sex life.

Of course, sexual misconduct by anyone MAY be evidence of general sociopathy, which is decidedly true in Donald Trump's case.

JFK sought world peace, a ban on nuclear testing, (and proliferation) and an end to U.S. military involvement in Vietnam.  In the most important respects, JFK was a very "moral" President, regardless of his private promiscuity.

The opposite is true in the case of Donald John Trump.  Let's not forget that Trump wants to build (and sell) more nukes!

Exactly.

One good thing about the crisis.

There won't be anymore of those silly, fascist toned Trump rallies and we will save millions on Trump reduced travel and security costs.

That Alford allegation was not true.

Does anyone here actually think that JFK said during the Missile Crisis that he would be better off Red than  Dead?

While he is moving a 190,000 man army into Florida  in preparation for an invasion of the island.

Secondly, Jackie refused to leave the White House, contrary to what Alford said.  She told Jack that if she was going to die it would be with him and her kids.

If one goes through the whole provenance of how Dallek found her and how her story evolved over time, and who she was associated with when he found her, you begin to understand why she was willing to do what she did.  Its important to do so and fit her into the context of the kind of book Dallek was writing. Greg Parker did a nice job filling in those blanks.

Her story has about the same amount of credibility as the whole Marilyn Monroe carnival.  Both of them tell us much more about the culture we live in than the actual biographies of the people involved.

BTW, I will be doing another look at that whole MM/JFK pile of dog poo soon.  Some guy just wrote a 600 page book on the subject which is quite good.

55 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, I will be doing another look at that whole MM/JFK pile of dog poo soon.  Some guy just wrote a 600 page book on the subject which is quite good.

Looking forward to that Jim. The non-stop smearing of the Kennedy family is really hard to believe. It's amazing how the same people that cannot even fathom a conspiracy to kill JFK, somehow have absolutely no problem taking for granted that JFK had 50 affairs, JPK bootlegged, JPK paid off the mob, Marilyn, etc... 

btw, which book?

Its this: “Murder Orthodoxies: A Non-Conspiracist's View of Marilyn Monroe's Death,” 

By Don McGovern.  I am about halfway through it right now and I already took 20 pages of notes.  I don't agree with everything he says.  But man does he crush all the irresponsible writers that have herniated themselves trying to make much out of next to nothing.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Secondly, Jackie refused to leave the White House, contrary to what Alford said.  She told Jack that if she was going to die it would be with him and her kids.

What happened on that European trip Jackie took without Jack, on which she was squired by Gianni Agnielli and Aristotle Onassis, leading after some circumstances to her second marriage?

Do you believe Monroe's death was a suicide, and not murder, pr a covered-up accidental poisoning by her doctors?

Edited by David Andrews

1. I thought we were talking about the Missile Crisis

2. I do not for three seconds think MM was murdered.  I have not finished MCGovern's book, but I maintain by my previous article and research it was accidental.

BTw, this shows you how badly managed this is.

I call my primary physician about a test.

Her secretary says, either call the county health department or 211.

I call the county health department, and the lady says we don't do them here.

Call your primary doctor, or 211.  

I call 211, number is not working.

Now, if you do not do  testing for anyone who wants it, how do you detect an accurate number of  cases. And if you do not, then are not those undetected cases possibly spreading the virus?

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTw, this shows you how badly managed this is.

I call my primary physician about a test.

Her secretary says, either call the county health department or 211.

I call the county health department, and the lady says we don't do them here.

Call your primary doctor, or 211.  

I call 211, number is not working.

Now, if you do not do  testing for anyone who wants it, how do you detect an accurate number of  cases. And if you do not, then are not those undetected cases possibly spreading the virus?

This is the biggest screw up, thus far, in our national response to the pandemic.

3,800 passengers disembarked from a cruise ship in Miami on March 8th, without screening or quarantine, and flew to destinations throughout North America from Miami International Airport.

One of those passengers has tested positive for Covid-19-- in Canada.

And, in addition to a lack of testing, many doctors and nurses in the U.S. don't even have adequate protection from Covid-19!

https://www.motherjones.com/coronavirus-updates/2020/03/in-private-facebook-groups-doctors-share-their-worst-fears-we-talked-to-one-of-them/

Edited by W. Niederhut

They don't have enough test kits available to test anyone who wants it, let alone those already showing minor symptoms. That is why the emphasis is on "social distancing" (i.e. staying at home), and the temporary shuttering of restaurants/clubs/bars etc. The NHL has told its players and staffs that the suspension of the season will continue for at least 60 days, so that could be taken as an indicator that this social distancing is the new normal for at least a couple of months. Possibly longer.  

Didn't that guy from China offer Trump something like 500,000 test kits?

That should be enough to start an inventory warehouse.

On 3/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, Ron Ecker said:

I think "brainwashed" might be the best explanation. I say that because I think Trump supporters get most of their "news" from FoxNews, which has become a Trump propaganda network. (The latest I've heard is that Trish Regan has blamed the coronavirus on the Democrats. Apparently that was too much even for Fox, and Trish is on "hiatus." IOW she'll be back, don't worry.) CNN is accused of a liberal bias, but at least you can get some real news or real-world perspective there as opposed to the Trump idolatry at Fox. Rupert Murdoch should be real proud.

So Trish Regan of Fox News is on hiatus.

Okay, but is she hot?

Edited by Sandy Larsen