The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

She gave one of the most truly demented tirades about the virus there ever was.  Made Hannity look like Edward R. Murrow.

She actually screamed it was all a Democratic Party  plot because Schiff failed at impeachment.

I was at the gym and they usually play Fox next to CNN.

Even for Fox that was too much.

Also, you would not recognize her without her make up.  Sort of like the Faith Hill experience.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the most common accusation I've heard from Trump supporters is that the Democrats are just full of hatred for Trump. How stupid is that? Who is more full of hatred than Trump himself? He can't get through a day without bullying or insulting somebody. He glories in his hatred in his Trumpberg rally rants. He finds anything he can to hate no matter how trivial, like a South Korean movie winning an Oscar. Oh the Hollywood tragedy! (Then he says something about "Give me Gone with the Wind," a movie he of course loves with its prologue, written on the screen, that glorifies a lost civilization "of Master and Slave.") I think it's natural that people that hateful get hatred in return. It's like his supporters are totally blind to his hatred and see it only in the opposition. Just weird.

Edited by Ron Ecker

On 3/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, Ron Ecker said:

If a Trump supporter hasn't been brainwashed, then his or her support of Trump is even farther beyond my understanding.

The word "delusional" comes to mind.

de-lu-sion-al

adjective

characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

This is sad.  Where do these healthy people go in two weeks?  Into the streets?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/voices/coronavirus-diaries-scenes-from-a-restaurant-that-just-fired-its-entire-staff/ar-BB11h1uj?li=BBnb7Kz

Edited by Ron Bulman

Only a week ago, Trump said this:March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”

Trumps first appearance on Prime Time about the Virus, you know when his face looked like a piece  of pottery(southwestern motif) and looked completely despondent? That set off a broad sell off in Dow futures that night that culminated in the greatest point loss of all time in the next session.  Then Trump scheduled intentionally a news conference on Friday  where he appeared to rely more on the experts and that spurred a late session rally. Then thinking he could presume on that.He scheduled another late market session conference today where the the market  already  had the worse point loss of all time and his conference further pushed the market to finish at the lows. .

Trish Regan, I suppose she would be hot Sandy, if you like that TV series "Dallas" look. She was an underling doing little business stories at CNBC. No "big hair" look at the time.. Then years later i see she's a talking head at Fox? Another completely overblown  business reporter who defected to Fox was Maria Bartiromo.

Yeah Looking forward to that JFK/MM dog poo Jim!  heh heh!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

22 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

I think the most common accusation I've heard from Trump supporters is that the Democrats are just full of hatred for Trump. How stupid is that? Who is more full of hatred than Trump himself? He can't get through a day without bullying or insulting somebody. He glories in his hatred in his Trumpberg rally rants. He finds anything he can to hate no matter how trivial, like a South Korean movie winning an Oscar. Oh the Hollywood tragedy! (Then he says something about "Give me Gone with the Wind," a movie he of course loves with its prologue, written on the screen, that glorifies a lost civilization "of Master and Slave.") I think it's natural that people that hateful get hatred in return. It's like his supporters are totally blind to his hatred and see it only in the opposition. Just weird.

That's exactly right Ron. There's no real thinking or ideology behind it, it's just sticking it to those "liberals". To them,  It's purely a culture war. And they're parroting out Trump. .And they want to think we're as impassioned as them. When the left acts  "morally enraged" about Trump, that's just music to their ears. It's best to make your arguments cool and fact based.

44 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Just an effing nightmare that shows how income and security are easily toppled illusions under capitalism.  It means that the employment system was in need of repair for decades, and has only continued on mass delusion.

Bernie was harping on this during the debate.

He was right.

Bernie probably will not win, but I think he has pulled Biden a little left.  Not much, but a little.

Edited by James DiEugenio

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Just an effing nightmare that shows how income and security are easily toppled illusions under capitalism.  It means that the employment system was in need of repair for decades, and has only continued on mass delusion.

Just read the msn link article.

The reality of what is happening in such a short and unexpected time period to not just hundreds of thousands of the writer's fellow job losers, but millions more nation wide, is so unprecedented in our lifetimes, I don't think our brains are fully processing the true impact of it all yet.

Like our frame of reference in evaluating such a massive and sudden life changing event isn't there.

War time social orders for 7 to 8 million San Francisco Bay Area residents to leave their jobs, remain in their homes and restrict their daily travel to only essential activities?  All in just one day?

10 million kids sent home from school with no clear date of return?

What are laid off parents including single parents to do with that situation?

Millions live in apartments that are not that roomy and with no private yard for their children to play in to get exercise and fresh air?

There is a shocked numbness everywhere.

The panic and anxiety of not being able to pay your rent with fear of eviction is immediate and right in front of these now unemployed people and families. Yet, they don't know who to call out to or what to say.

Reminds me of the Titanic.  2 thousand people on board with everything fine and calm one minute, and the next ... they are facing life and death circumstances!

Right around us here on the Central California Coast the same thing is happening to our tourist, hospitality and personal service industry workers as those in the New York City area mentioned in the article.

Our daughter has worked full time for years in one of the most busy restaurants in the entire area. Overnight, she has been sent home most of the last week and was told she may be let go very soon.

She is stunned!  She has the same basic need bills everyone else has.

The unemployment department internet site will not be able to handle millions of applicants in just a few days time one would imagine.

The response from the federal government to these people's immediate shelter and bill paying lost income needs is just not there.

Like the Titanic realizing they didn't have enough life boats when they started sinking...and basically telling everyone to make it on their own as best they could! ???

Dear God!

My wife and I are "self sheltering" as much as possible due to our ages and in my case, multiple immune compromising health issues. She is still working but expects a stay at home order any day or hour.

I am in fear, yet I have to remind myself of this as the threat is an invisible-to-the-naked-eye thing that can hit and seriously harm you without noise and violence.

This isn't a tornado, hurricane, earthquake, volcano, fire, flooding, tsunami, nuclear power plant meltdown, invading criminal gangs or even some military attacking us.

Something you can see and immediately grasp why it is threatening your life.

It's an invisible microbial alien force - strange and scary - that is trying to kill human beings, especially older ones.

A full blown crisis situation with huge consequential events that are totally effecting and changing our daily life existence to an almost Martial Law level degree and that are coming upon us "by the hour" it seems!

It really is now a living Sci-Fi scary movie, almost apocalyptic in it's incredibly quick and massive world wide impact of social order and survival change with accompanying fear, unsureness and uneasiness.

Well, the feds and even our states have simply got to begin instantly helping our now unemployed millions of Americans with "direct in their hands" financial assistance aid. Checks right now!

And an emergency order to all landlords suspending evictions for unpaid rent.

It's all just so unreal.

Every American greatly effected stressfully ... almost overnight!

Trump's people seem so clueless and even kind of frozen. Not adequately understanding yet how instantly desperate and in need tens of millions of Americans truly are.

One Republican seems to get it.

Mitt Romney is yelling...HEY, THE SHIP IS SINKING!

Get some life boats ( emergency cash funds ) to the ship passengers ...RIGHT NOW!

While the ship's Captain Queeg seems more focused on who to blame and calling certain lower ranking ship officers ( governors-democratic party officials ) "snakes" ..." fake news" spreaders..etc.

It's madness I tell ya!

Edited by Joe Bauer

Justice Dept. abandons prosecution of Russian firm indicted in Mueller election interference probe

Washington Post

March 17, 2020

The Justice Department on Monday dropped its two-year-long prosecution of a Russian company charged with conspiring to defraud the U.S. government by orchestrating a social media campaign to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

The stunning reversal came a few weeks before the case — a spinoff of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe — was set to go to trial.

Assistants to U.S. Attorney Timothy Shea of Washington and Assistant Attorney General for National Security John C. Demers cited an unspecified “change in the balance of the government’s proof due to a classification determination,” according to a nine-page filing accompanied by facts under seal.

Prosecutors also cited the failure of the company, Concord Management and Consulting, to comply with trial subpoenas and the submission of a “misleading, at best” affidavit by Yevgeniy Prigozhin, a co-defendant and the company’s founder. Prigozhin is a catering magnate and military contractor known as “Putin’s chef” because of his ties to Russian President Vladi­mir Putin.

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/03/16/the-angry-arab-middle-east-faces-corona/

THE ANGRY ARAB: Middle East Faces Corona

Politicizing the Crisis

Not unlike the U.S., the crisis has been politicized in the region. The Saudi government, for example, imposed a curfew on the predominantly Shi’ite Qatif province, and its media blamed Iran and some even called it “the Iranian virus.

Conspiracy theories about the virus abound, here and there: some in the U.S. blame China, while some in China blame the U.S., and some in Iran blame the U.S. 

Gotta love it.

I'm waiting for the Great Flood stories to start coming out.

"Punish the wicked", that 's what I say.

Or maybe it's the extraterrestrials' attempts to exterminate mankind. I can never remember which.

Steve Thomas

17 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

It pretty much destroys the whole Comey/Rosenstein/Mueller coup d'etat against Trump. 

If Comey was out to get Trump, I'm curious as to why he helped get him elected by going after Hillary in the 11th hour on her emails (again). I figured that Comey was in with the Clintons after his boss met with Slick Willie on that tarmac to talk about their grandchildren, with Comey then giving Hillary a pass because she had no "intent" to break the law. (The law she broke had nothing to do with intent.) Have you got Comey figured out?

Edited by Ron Ecker

Am I wrong in thinking that it was the nexus of Mena, AR, and Vince Foster scuttlebutt on the internet that made Hillary unelectable?  How would other people characterize it, other than an anti-establishment vote for Trump in one particular year?  Because it doesn't seem like Hillary could run against any GOP and win, and it even seems unlikely she could win a DEM nomination at any future point.

So many issues there:

-- A multiply cheated-on wife

-- A "warmonger"

- A Whitewater conspirator

- No verifiable achievements as secretary of state

- An "everything in her own mind" candidate who failed to mount an issues campaign

- The "Evita" factor (partly an anti-fem bias in the electorate)

Is it the whole ball of wax, or was there one tipping point issue?

Will she be the Nixon of our time, and make an incredible bounce-back?

Edited by David Andrews