The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

I'm postulating a "Russian" coronavirus theory in the true scientific and philosophic meaning of the word-- an explanatory theory that can be refuted by contrary evidence and supported by confirmatory evidence, and something that has heuristic value.

What made me wonder about this was the bio-weapons essay from the Russian website of the Saker that made an elaborate case for the CIA being the coronavirus culprit, while exhibiting a surprisingly detailed knowledge of Russian bio-weapons researchers who now "work" for the CIA.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Bailing the USPS out of all its debt doesn't help the american people with COVID19

I would have to disagree on this point. The USPS is an American icon and is proof that we don't need privatization, its also necessary during a time when the public is staying at their house more than ever.

The key issue with the USPS was a republican bill in 2006. As explained by Bloomberg.com (emphasis my own)

"Then there is the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 (PAEA), which some have taken to calling "the most insane law" ever passed by Congress. The law requires the Postal Service, which receives no taxpayer subsidies, to prefund its retirees' health benefits up to the year 2056. This is a $5 billion per year cost; it is a requirement that no other entity, private or public, has to make. If that doesn't meet the definition of insanity, I don't know what does. Without this obligation, the Post Office actually turns a profit. Some have called this a "manufactured crisis." It's also significant that lots of companies benefit from a burden that makes the USPS less competitive; these same companies might also would benefit from full USPS privatization, a goal that has been pushed by several conservative think tanks for years.

Also, according to theHill, the big sticking point right now is increased funding for SNAP. If that is true, then the Republicans really are crazy. Those other provisions are somewhat important if this goes into November as well. Regardless, Trump has delayed his response to this crisis because of a fear of wall street/oligarch opinion. That is a fail and he should be fired. POTUS does not equal CEO. Relying on the "private sector" is an Austrian school wet dream. We should rely on the private sector for defense and save $750 billion a year in taxes.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/489272-pelosi-house-not-prepared-to-vote-remotely

Mike Whitney is warning that an effort is underway to merge the US Treasury with the Federal Reserve:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/54062.htm

I don’t believe this virus is a hoax. The events in China and Italy were very real. The doctors at the front line insist that the virus is not a “flu”. It seems to be a mutated version of SARS, and there are strong arguments on either side of whether it is naturally occurring or man-made. It is not yet known. Also not known is the actual source, as China’s “patient zero” has not yet been determined and it appears the seafood market was not in fact the originating location. The virus may yet be linked to the  sicknesses seen in Italy in November/December, or even possibly trace to the “vaping” pneumonia which started late last summer - but at this point no one actually knows. The sheer unpredictability of the virus and its potential consequences - particularly economic and political consequences in Europe and America - seem to rule out any application as a western bio-war agent. The Chinese would not conduct bio-warfare on their own territory. And the Russians would not in turn conduct bio-warfare on their very important and necessary ally China. This type of pandemic has occurred regularly in human history and has long been predicted. Yes, the lockdowns are consistent with what one would expect in an emerging-police-state, but they are also consistent with proven best practices in containing the pandemic.

I admit to being very concerned when New York governor Cuomo blurted out the other day that measures in NYC might last “five to eight months”. Obviously, locking down New York City for that amount of time is not conceivable. This may indicate that the authorities believe the infection rate is totally off the charts due to failures to identify and quarantine the afflicted weeks ago. This may be why Trump is now telegraphing a ”back to normal” approach while acknowledging there will be a tremendous disaster in terms of lives lost.

So, full circle back to Whitney, ahead is a total system failure in terms of public health, during which time the elite will attempt to seize complete control of the country’s financial infrastructure. Historically, such self-serving incompetence produces revolutions and/or systemic political collapse.

I agree with Dennis that they've been trying to sack the USPS and privatize it for decades.
I told Wheeler to get on it, and that he should investigate the "deep state" using the virus to tank Trump. He was too embarrassed and focused on his obsession with Mark Zaid with what, Cinderella?. You guys couldn't see that was inevitably the next thing to pop up in your computer searches??

Yes there was a lot of talk for the last few years of a coming pandemic.That's nothing new. You'd think Trump would have been more mindful of the "deep state" trying to take him down. And he was, but he passed it off as a deep state hoax, did nothing, and got caught with his pants down when the pandemic was real. 

I know it's a drag, and can't hold a candle to what's presently being discussed. But I'm more interested in Jim's submission from Ollie Stone's  New York Times article.
 Ollie stone comes from a family background in Wall Street, and he does sound like Trump from time to time.. But he's not far off the mark. Unfortunately we have a President who vacillates and doesn't have the discipline to see anything through. But there is a matter of deciding how long a displacement our economy can suffer..It is interesting the Tea Party Republicans who were elected for their opposition to the 2008 bailout, are now embracing this bailout.But there is good reason to save businesses as well as employees. If say for consumer goods, if all we'll have left is Amazon, Costco wand Walmart as the only giants left standing, complete corporate encroachment which is already at epidemic proportions will be much greater with less choice and competition

Some time is needed to start flattening the curve. But what's also  important now, and can effect the equation is testing. Until there is widespread testing nothing long range  effective can be done.
I'm not an expert but I've thought of a plan that probably isn't perfect.The quarantine still extends to those over 60-65. Specifically on the work front, The first that could go back to work are 1)those who  have been certified as recovered  and  developed antibodies to the virus.And then 2) those who are certified to have not contracted the virus.And3) if they are shown to be positive are quarantined, perhaps given tracking devices as in South Korea, and after that, receive some certification. Make it so those who want to resume their normal work life decide to submit to testing, Businesses and institutions can work in conjunction with government testing programs.When they feel they've got enough certified, healthy people, they can resume business.
Obviously It's not simple, we still.have to get the tests, masks, ventilators, beds etc. But if we can't get that done , it's a pretty bad commentary on what we've become and we are definitely in trouble.
Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Kirk, good idea about letting certified recovered persons go back to work.

However, the fact is the numbers of such are what...only several thousand?

And letting people who are not sick yet go back to work ( if they want ) where they have a much, much greater chance at being infected due to closer contact with others is really ridiculous unless they are all wearing hazmat suits and following protocols as strict as hospital workers.

So many will get the virus and spread it even faster.

I just read an opinion comment an hour ago regards a news article about Trump pushing this "go back to work" scheme. The writer made me laugh ( perverse humor ) in stating Trump is not going to let our wealthiest 5% keep losing money if he has to do this "over our dead bodies!"

Trump is parroting the frantic proposals of billionaires who will do and say anything to keep from seeing their massive wealth even "begin" to decline ... as it is.

Tom Barrack billionaire real estate magnate and close Trump friend is one.

Type in his name and see that he just published his own white paper which states many of the same things Trump is now saying word for word in his new "get back to work" rally type speeches and tweets.

Here is a gem from Trump today in his virtual Rose Garden town hall meeting:

“I gave it two weeks,” Trump said during the virtual town hall from the Rose Garden. He argued that tens of thousands of Americans die from the seasonal flu or in automobile accidents and “we don’t turn the country off.”

Head shaking... auto accident deaths and flu deaths have never and will never overburden hospitals and health care to the point of collapse.

Trump's shamelessly using this ridiculous logic death rate comparison rational to promote his "back to work" agenda? Typical Trump used car salesman BS.

Here is my own Trump "get back to work" opinion comment in this same AOL news forum:

Where are our MEDICAL EXPERT LEADERS?

They should be SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS to the entire nation through our main stream media that ...TRUMP AND HIS "GO BACK TO WORK" SCHEME IS INSANE!

Trump is pushing taking the entire nation into a life and death work situation for the middle class and poorer ( 80% of us ) that is simply crazy!

Trump is being hugely pressured and influenced by the wealthiest 5% of Americans ( like himself ) who want the rest of us to risk our lives because "they" are actually losing money?

Real estate BILLIONAIRE Tom Barrack for one.

Dear God America! Tell your doctors and highest medical professionals and scientists to get out there and stand up to this insanity!

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

I would not be surprised if more people die from avoiding an ER visit with a non-coronavirus ailment than those that actually catch the virus.

I'm going to keep this guess of yours and compare it to future numbers.

Also, many, many more Americans ( perhaps millions ) will get the virus versus those that will die from not going to the ER when they are in serious medical crises. Kind of simple common sense isn't it?

Trump says millions of Americans want to go back to work.

No, millions of Americans don't want to die!

These same millions want their government to protect them and help them get through the massive financial stress they are experiencing.

Trump says millions of kids want to go back to school? Sure, if they aren't mature enough to know the risks involved.

Millions of their parents don't want them getting seriously ill at school and bringing this back home.

Hundreds of thousands of teachers don't want to risk their lives in crowded class room settings as well.

Trump is throwing out what he "wants" people to think and feel...versus what they really do.

Joe said: "Kirk, good idea about letting certified recovered persons go back to work.

However, the fact is the numbers of such are what...only several thousand?"

Joe, You should take a deep breath and read what I said. Which was: Some time is needed to start flattening the curve. But what's also  important now, and can effect the equation is testing. Until there is widespread testing nothing long range  effective can be done.

Joe said: "And letting people who are not sick yet go back to work ( if they want )"

I didn't say that either. We're a ways off from flattening the curve and administering huge numbers of tests. And we certainly weren't going to get it done by Easter Sunday.  The President says it's one of his "favorite days." uh huh!    I think Trump trying to do something  major when the number of casualties will most likely be spiking in major cities would be very foolish. There is one thing above all to Trump, he does want to get re elected.  Though Wheeler may organize a "pushback" revolt of other people who want the hospital beds of the corona virus victims.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

4 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

You are now the barometer for the unhinged.

When you get to a prediction of 10s of millions dead, I'll know we're about a week away from the "Pandemic" being over.

I know there is a Mark Zaid prize. I plan to award you the "Greta Thundberg Trophy for Autistic Hyperbole" as soon as it comes back from the engraver.

The hypocrisy is stunning. I'm sure there's a trophy for that too.

8 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

The hypocrisy is stunning. I'm sure there's a trophy for that too.

I nominate Rob Wheeler for the 2020 Roger Stone Brooks Brothers Riot Prize.  🤪

13 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

You are now the barometer for the unhinged.

When you get to a prediction of 10s of millions dead, I'll know we're about a week away from the "Pandemic" being over.

I know there is a Mark Zaid prize. I plan to award you the "Greta Thundberg Trophy for Autistic Hyperbole" as soon as it comes back from the engraver.

R.W.

Welcome to the world of the "unhinged."

If a health care system in a given community stops working, can no longer provide care to the ill, the case fatality rate for COVID will be far higher than 1% - we would not be able to care for some or all of the expected 5% of recognized cases that get critically ill. 

Beyond that, if hospitals were completely overwhelmed, they may struggle to provide even oxygen for some or many of the 15% of recognized cases expected to be “severely ill”. let alone provide care for other life threatening conditions. 

zf7F0S-9_x96.jpg

Anyone advising the end of social distancing now, needs to fully understand what the country will look like if we do that. COVID would spread widely, rapidly, terribly, could kill potentially millions in the yr ahead with huge social and economic impact across the country. 

Before considering big changes to social distancing measures now, we should as quickly as possible get to strongest possible position for COVID response – we're no where near that now. We'll need rapid Dxs in place almost every location where a pt can be seen for care.

"Unhinged" defined:

TV and radio personality Glenn Beck is urging older Americans to return to work to keep the economy going despite the coronavirus infection risks.

Younger people, he said, could stay home to protect themselves from the virus that causes COVID-19 while older people ― who the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says are more prone to the most serious cases ― should keep working. 

“I would rather have my children stay home and all of us who are over 50 go in and keep this economy going and working,” he said in comments posted online by Media Matters. “Even if we all get sick, I’d rather die than kill the country.” 

Beck’s comments came after he said he was concerned that Democrats would “jam down” the Green New Deal in economic stimulus legislation while Americans are home “panicked” over COVID-19.

Sending older people to work, he seemed to imply, would prevent that legislation.

“It’s not the economy that’s dying,” he said. “It’s the country.” 

Glenn Beck says older Americans should return to work: “Even if we all get sick, I would rather die than kill the country”https://www.mediamatters.org/glenn-beck/glenn-beck-says-older-americans-should-return-work-even-if-we-all-get-sick-i-would 

Embedded video3,398

Beck was among the numerous voices on the right opposed to the Affordable Care Act a decade ago, claiming it would lead to “death panels” that would ration care to determine who gets lifesaving treatment and who doesn’t. 

At the time, he argued nature or market forces should kill older people instead. 

I would rather have nature off grandma, you know?” he said in 2010. “I’d rather, I’d rather have the free market off grandma because then nobody is controlling it.”

While the “death panels” never appeared, Beck now seems to be making a more direct appeal to both nature and markets to “off grandma.”

His latest call echoed comments by Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who this week said he’s “all in” on reopening businesses even if it means he could die as a result of infection.

Patrick claimed “lots of grandparents” agreed with him. 

A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus

AdChoices

TR

The shameless ridiculousness of Trump's packed Easter church services promotion just 15 days from now:

Nearly 3 dozen who attended church event test positive for coronavirus

NBC News
JANELLE GRIFFITH

Trump News Conference March 27,2020.

When asked what he would say to the millions of cooped up and even scared American school children struggling with the stay at home order Trump said...

"I would tell them be proud of your country ..."  ???

Trump also said he told his Vice President to not even bother talking to Michigan's Governor and Washington State's Governor or certain other Governors regards the coronavirus crisis because they were "not appreciative enough" of the help his administration was giving their states and others.

Considering the gravity of responsible and non-personal and non-political bias leadership needed during this unprecedented threat and damage crisis, Trump's junior high school yard grudge mentality with his latest personal digs against these Democratic party Governors once again exposes a stunted emotional immaturity and insecurity many mental health experts believe is on a pathological level. And which he has exhibited his entire presidency.

Sorry to those here who feel I am "unhinged" or need to "take a deep breath" regards my postings of concern about our President and his incredibly immature emotional state approach to leadership through the biggest public health emergency crisis our nation has faced in our lifetimes.

Obviously I feel a greater urgency in speaking out about the chief crisis decision maker who I believe is so emotionally unqualified for this role he is making the crisis worse.

How this crisis and Trump's direct input in handling it eventually plays out will be my ultimate "unhinged" or "rationally concerned" validation I guess.

Just hope my wife and I live long enough to see this.

Edited by Joe Bauer