The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

But Clintonism was just a disaster for the party.  Joe Trippi, who managed Dean's candidacy, said the same thing.

Blue dog was the only option in 1992 IMO. Conservative fiscal, liberal domestic and neo foreign was the only thing that was going to win for Dems.

Never was a big fan of either Clinton, particularly after Al Shifra but would never support a clown like Trump. There was a time I would actually parse through policy goals of candidates regardless of party but there really isn't a need any more. Too bad.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Honestly trying to stay the course of this wonderful JFK truth seeking forum by tempering my burning and highly concerned desire to post about Trump, but this thread's content has compelled me to the breaking point.

I believe we are in the midst of a battle over the perception of right and wrong reality in the minds of our collective societal citizenry regards Trump personally and his political agendas and policies pitting his unmovable support base against those of us who find Trump a morally repulsive, pathologically lying, dangerous fear and hate mongering, self obsessed egomaniac disaster.

It is so disturbing to me how Trump's support base ( especially the millions of supposedly "Christ teaching and following" evangelicals) is purposely ignoring and downplaying the realities of his unprecedented non-presidential even unchristian bad character traits, actions and words and the truly real divisive damage he and they are doing to our nation as a whole.

They actually believe non-condom wearing, extensive philandering Trump gives a hoot about abortion?

They pretend that Trump's extensive sexual predator and philandering history, shady business dealings with shady customers, tax cheating and tax hiding, extorting foreign leaders to aid his own personal political interests, favoring murderous despots who make him money etc.etc, and almost daily obsessive anger inciting public comment attacking of anyone criticizing him with the crudest most base language, insults and taunts that Americans have ever heard from a President is just not that important in judging the moral and emotional character qualifications we expect from our highest elective office holder !?

Seriously, regarding not just his daily rants via his 60 million followers Twitter account but also his super hyperbolic rally ones, it's as if our President is one of those crazy, over-the-top World Federation Wrestling characters who come out on stage yelling Trump like insults against their also crazy yelling ring opponents to work up their stupid audiences into a Roman Colosseum blood lust type frenzy.

Trump: my critics are my enemies and are scum, traitors, XXXXX, losers, degenerates, rats, stupid, weak, corrupt criminals ( "lock her up") lynching bastards, dogs, ugly and on and on and on. 

No sitting U.S. president has ever been this loudly verbally attacking, abusive and crude with no filter or boundaries daily in public forums ( rallies, press statements, tweets ) to an almost psychotic yelling street person level ... until Trump.

This crude and bully minded circus is shameful and even perverse in so many ways. It's sickening coming from a President and 10's of millions of Americans like me are sick of it.

And most of our main stream media is letting Trump get away with this crazy extreme almost daily demonizing and hugely society damaging and divisive trash. Every news site ( internet, TV, radio, newspaper, magazine ) should be condemning this destructive Presidential behavior as outrageously wrong and damaging as often as it is spewed...on a daily basis.

And in response to anyone downplaying Trump's crude, always conflict creating and inciting and nation dividing daily rhetoric as just typical New York City brashness, I say ... that is Judge Judy "RIDICULOUS!"

Only thuggish NYC gangsters and angry street people talk like Trump.

And for those who claim the super loud audience majority booing of Trump during his World Series appearance simply reflected the Washington DC liberal hatred of Trump I again say hogwash.  Look at the ethnic make up of the crowd in attendance. You hardly saw any blacks who make up the majority of that District's population. The huge majority of that booing crowd were non-Hispanic whites and not residents of DC.

Ethnic composition. According to 2017 Census Bureau data, the population of the District of Columbia, was 47.1% Black or African American, 45.1% White (36.8% non-Hispanic White), 4.3% Asian, 0.6% American Indian or Alaska Native, and 0.1% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.

16 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

They pretend that Trump's almost daily obsessive attacking of anyone criticizing him with the crudest most base language, insults and taunts that Americans have ever heard from a President is just not that important in judging the moral and emotional qualifications we expect from our highest elective office holder.

That's how we talk in New York. Your opinion is quaint.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Amen, Joe.  Many of us will not know what we have lost until it is too late.  Professing ourselves wise, we have become fools.  When a political party declares its loyalty to a leader and not to the founding principles of the country, both the principles and the country will perish.  Our republic currently hangs by a thread and it is on fire.  Sometimes a country's future hangs upon one "Profile In Courage".  The question is, do we have even a single person willing to provide this courageous act on our behalf or will this truly be the next American revolution.  The founders of communism said many years ago that the American capitalist system would destroy itself with its own excesses.  I fear we have proven them accurate.

2 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Amen, Joe.  Many of us will not know what we have lost until it is too late.  Professing ourselves wise, we have become fools.  When a political party declares its loyalty to a leader and not to the founding principles of the country, both the principles and the country will perish.  Our republic currently hangs by a thread and it is on fire.  Sometimes a country's future hangs upon one "Profile In Courage".  The question is, do we have even a single person willing to provide this courageous act on our behalf or will this truly be the next American revolution.  The founders of communism said many years ago that the American capitalist system would destroy itself with its own excesses.  I fear we have proven them accurate.

Speaking of our country perishing, I saw this story at Mediaite this morning.

I think Johnston is correct about how the Gaslighter-in-Chief will respond to his long overdue impeachment.

All of Trump's policy decisions are based on self-aggrandizement.  The guy has no moral compass.  None.

Trump Biographer Says Trump Will ‘Travel the Country Fomenting Violence’ if He’s Not ‘Put in Jail’

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/trump-biographer-says-trump-will-travel-the-country-fomenting-violence-if-hes-not-put-in-jail/

9 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

When a political party declares its loyalty to a leader and not to the founding principles of the country, both the principles and the country will perish. 

Oh please, you "Clinton" cabal supporters are pretentious to the point of ridiculousness. Shall we go back and examine who voted for the patriot act in the senate that began the modern tear down of our "founding principles"? Feingold was actually attacked by the R who ended up beating him on this very point. I can't recall the massive uproar in the democratic party to defend Feingold as a wise visionary and not a "soft liberal terrorist sympathizer".

You can't even handle the fact that no one here supports Trump, yet 3 or 4 of us are continually mentioned as such. You all essentially take the position of "Anyone but Trump" regardless of how it happens. The same lightweight biased political discussions have happened on the "left" with every republican president I can remember. Remember the move to impeach Bush anyone? I'm not trying to compare here, but just to point out that this form of opposition that boils down to "we need the clintons/bidens/obamas people because they are the only ones who can win and trump is crazy". In other words, its politically safe to the "establishment".

33 minutes ago, Dennis Berube said:

Oh please, you "Clinton" cabal supporters are pretentious to the point of ridiculousness. Shall we go back and examine who voted for the patriot act in the senate that began the modern tear down of our "founding principles"? Feingold was actually attacked by the R who ended up beating him on this very point. I can't recall the massive uproar in the democratic party to defend Feingold as a wise visionary and not a "soft liberal terrorist sympathizer".

You can't even handle the fact that no one here supports Trump, yet 3 or 4 of us are continually mentioned as such. You all essentially take the position of "Anyone but Trump" regardless of how it happens. The same lightweight biased political discussions have happened on the "left" with every republican president I can remember. Remember the move to impeach Bush anyone? I'm not trying to compare here, but just to point out that this form of opposition that boils down to "we need the clintons/bidens/obamas people because they are the only ones who can win and trump is crazy". In other words, its politically safe to the "establishment".

I don’t know about that. I don’t think they are the only ones who can win. In fact I think Biden would lose. I think Sanders would have been president if he had gotten the nomination. I didn’t realize there was a Clinton cabal here. I never fell for Clinton. I voted third party for two decades. 

And I also don’t know where you or Wheeler or others stand. I know who you don’t like, not who you do. What’s your solution to preventing Trump from inciting Civil War? Saying you don’t support Trump is weak. He is a nightmare, the worst possible president. Do you agree? 

Edited by Paul Brancato

53 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

"When did you stop beating your wife Paul?"

That’s so rude. And a deflection from my question. I find it interesting that you’ve chosen me to be your whipping boy. 

Robert I'll key on 2 of your posts.

Robert said: In all seriousness, Trump has been in the public eye for 40 years. We know he is boorish, brash, uncouth, often hyperbolic.

But this isn't the same Trump. I would find him amusing. When he got in the ring with the WWE, (or whatever) I saw he'd do anything for publicity. I actually thought in his show, which I'd occasionally see that he was reasonably controlled in his role as a would be executive.( I see him now as a terrible executive)

But he's greatly diminished,. even 20 years ago you can see in interviews where he exhibits a  chain of reasoning from a to b to c. He can't do that anymore.

I do agree with your characterization of the 2 Washington demographics, though you omit the regional everyday people at the World Series who have no direct affiliation to the government who I would say make up the majority of the crowd.Your characterizations are always so class oriented and research on genealogy are all very anti elitist. Yet Trump's single biggest legislative accomplishment is his tax cut to the rich. Methinks  "big inheritance" when people can afford the luxury of being  so much on 2 sides of an issue. Ok, I'm sort of joking and not asking, But I don't get it.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

On 10/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, Lawrence Schnapf said:

I do think there are parallels with Trump and the Deep State but for different reasons. The Deep State was afraid of JFK’s policies and felt he was a traitor. The Deep State battle with Trump is personal (they believe is was too inept to be President)

I think Trump should form a team (war room) to track activities of 'Deep State'.   I feel they are working vigorously against him and that he should make the first strike, don't wait for them.  I do make an early prediction that Trump will take about 350 electoral votes in next election

4 hours ago, Kenneth Drew said:

I think Trump should form a team (war room) to track activities of 'Deep State'.   I feel they are working vigorously against him and that he should make the first strike, don't wait for them.  I do make an early prediction that Trump will take about 350 electoral votes in next election

Don't worry. Kenneth.   Trump has most likely already sub-contracted these crucial anti-Deep State tasks out to his Kremlin handlers.

As for the election, 350 votes would be somewhat suspicious, but Putin has most likely finalized plans for another pre-emptive GRU strike on our voting systems for 2020.

Best of all, Bill Barr is working overtime to protect the Fuhrer from prosecution, even if he shoots people on 5th Avenue.

In just the last few weeks Trump has created 4 majorly humiliating leadership gaffs that are worse than embarrassing, and that in total should be receiving much more media coverage as a reflection of his never ending presidential office incompetence.

The parents of the young British man killed by an American diplomat's wife driving on the wrong side of the road in England were furious at Trump's shameless attempt to have them meet their son's killer without prior notice when they were brought into the White House. They felt they were being used in a self-promoting photo-op ploy by Trump.

They went back to England feeling more depressed and angry over this than before they made the initial trip to the U.S.!  How embarrassing. How stupid.

The brazenly self-promoted Trump Mar-A-Lago scheme blew up as it should have and was headlined in the national media until it was quickly withdrawn. Another humiliating and embarrassing Trump gaff.

The spontaneous withdrawal from Syria announcement by Trump was met with such outrage even by our own military that he and his team had to immediately create and initiate a damage control campaign that was just frantic. What a diplomatic disaster and mess that situation still is.

When Trump finally went to and presented himself in person at a large audience venue of non-screened citizens, he was greeted by the loudest booing and jeering response any President has ever received at such a major event like the World Series. Thousands even shouted "LOCK HIM UP!" to add to his humiliation.

He earned that negative response.

This "lock him up" chant was a reference to Trump's own "lock her up" sound bite (referring to Hillary Clinton ) and that he created and constantly encouraged his angry rally crowds to yell and repeat over and over for years by not ever telling them to stop.

All this craziness in just one month!?

Trump's presidency has been one after another of these humiliating and embarrassing leadership failures ... for years. Hundreds of them!

Obama never had "one" of these embarrassing incidents ... in 8 years!

However, Trump is still loved by his base, regardless of his constant incompetent leadership failures.

We are in a precarious state with half our country pretending nothing's wrong with this high anxiety causing President.

Edited by Joe Bauer

8 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

In just the last few weeks Trump has created 4 majorly humiliating leadership gaffs that are worse than embarrassing, and that in total should be receiving much more media coverage as a reflection of his never ending presidential office incompetence.

The parents of the young British man killed by an American diplomat's wife driving on the wrong side of the road in England were furious at Trump's shameless attempt to have them meet their son's killer without prior notice when they were brought into the White House. They felt they were being used in a self-promoting photo-op ploy by Trump.

They went back to England feeling more depressed and angry over this than before they made the initial trip to the U.S.!  How embarrassing. How stupid.

The brazenly self-promoted Trump Mar-A-Lago scheme blew up as it should have and was headlined in the national media until it was quickly withdrawn. Another humiliating and embarrassing Trump gaff.

The spontaneous withdrawal from Syria announcement by Trump was met with such outrage even by our own military that he and his team had to immediately create and initiate a damage control campaign that was just frantic. What a diplomatic disaster and mess that situation still is.

When Trump finally went to and presented himself in person at a large audience venue of non-screened citizens, he was greeted by the loudest booing and jeering response any President has ever received at such a major event like the World Series. Thousands even shouted "LOCK HIM UP!" to add to his humiliation.

He earned that negative response.

This "lock him up" chant was a reference to Trump's own "lock her up" sound bite (referring to Hillary Clinton ) and that he created and constantly encouraged his angry rally crowds to yell and repeat over and over for years by not ever telling them to stop.

All this craziness in just one month!?

Trump's presidency has been one after another of these humiliating and embarrassing leadership failures ... for years. Hundreds of them!

Obama never had "one" of these embarrassing incidents ... in 8 years!

However, Trump is still loved by his base, regardless of his constant incompetent leadership failures.

We are in a precarious state with half our country pretending nothings wrong with this high anxiety causing President.

Joe, you do know that those parents actually requested a meeting with that woman, and  when Trump actually arranged one for them they were so shocked they didn't know what to say.  Out of about 50000, in the stadium, every tv shot focused on one section with one guy jumping up and down with a towel and 10 people around him shouting, the other 49990 didn't agree with them.  

Obama never had "one" of these embarrassing incidents ... in 8 years!  Chuckle:  sure he only had one and it  lasted about 8 years.  He was the joke.  So you agree with the 350?  

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Don't worry. Kenneth.   Trump has most likely already sub-contracted these crucial anti-Deep State tasks out to his Kremlin handlers.

As for the election, 350 votes would be somewhat suspicious, but Putin has most likely finalized plans for another pre-emptive GRU strike on our voting systems for 2020.

Best of all, Bill Barr is working overtime to protect the Fuhrer from prosecution, even if he shoots people on 5th Avenue.

Interesting if true:

RW: Adam Schiff’s whistleblower, CIA analyst Eric Ciarmella, is also Strzok’s CI in the Whitehouse.