The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

That’s so rude. And a deflection from my question. I find it interesting that you’ve chosen me to be your whipping boy. 

"A loaded question or complex question is a question that contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt).[1]

Aside from being an informal fallacy depending on usage, such questions may be used as a rhetorical tool: the question attempts to limit direct replies to be those that serve the questioner's agenda.[2] The traditional example is the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" Whether the respondent answers yes or no, they will admit to having a wife and having beaten her at some time in the past. Thus, these facts are presupposed by the question, and in this case an entrapment, because it narrows the respondent to a single answer, and the fallacy of many questions has been committed.[2] The fallacy relies upon context for its effect: the fact that a question presupposes something does not in itself make the question fallacious. Only when some of these presuppositions are not necessarily agreed to by the person who is asked the question does the argument containing them become fallacious.[2] Hence, the same question may be loaded in one context, but not in the other. For example, the previous question would not be loaded if it were asked during a trial in which the defendant had already admitted to beating his wife.[2]

This fallacy should be distinguished from that of begging the question,[3] which offers a premise whose plausibility depends on the truth of the proposition asked about, and which is often an implicit restatement of the proposition.[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question"

I find it interesting that you’ve chosen me to be your whipping boy. 

You seem to be one of the more genuine participants.

Robert I'll key on 2 of your posts.

Robert said: In all seriousness, Trump has been in the public eye for 40 years. We know he is boorish, brash, uncouth, often hyperbolic.

But this isn't the same Trump. I would find him amusing. When he got in the ring with the WWE, (or whatever) I saw he'd do anything for publicity. I actually thought in his show, which I'd occasionally see that he was reasonably controlled in his role as a would be executive.( I see him now as a terrible executive)

But he's greatly diminished,. even 20 years ago you can see in interviews where he exhibits a  chain of reasoning from a to b to c. He can't do that anymore.

I do agree with your characterization of the 2 Washington demographics, though you omit the regional everyday people at the World Series who have no direct affiliation to the government who I would say make up the majority of the crowd.Your characterizations are always so class oriented and research on genealogy are all very anti elitist. Yet Trump's single biggest legislative accomplishment is his tax cut to the rich. Methinks  "big inheritance" when people can afford the luxury of being  so much on 2 sides of an issue. Ok, I'm sort of joking and not asking, But I don't get it.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Ciarmella the “Whistleblower” is pronounced “Char”mella. Like Charlie. 

Also like the Confidential informant named “Charlie”, referenced in the Strzok and Page texts, who was also referenced by his first name, Eric.

Get it?

Adam Schiff’s whistleblower, CIA analyst Eric Ciarmella, is also Strzok’s CI in the Whitehouse.

-

Hey Doug. Just like having George Bell in the WH to keep an eye on the boss, among others.

Edited by Robert Wheeler

On 10/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, Lawrence Schnapf said:

I do think there are parallels with Trump and the Deep State but for different reasons. The Deep State was afraid of JFK’s policies and felt he was a traitor. The Deep State battle with Trump is personal (they believe is was too inept to be President)

I think Trump should form a team (war room) to track activities of 'Deep State'.   I feel they are working vigorously against him and that he should make the first strike, don't wait for them.  I do make an early prediction that Trump will take about 350 electoral votes in next election

4 hours ago, Kenneth Drew said:

I think Trump should form a team (war room) to track activities of 'Deep State'.   I feel they are working vigorously against him and that he should make the first strike, don't wait for them.  I do make an early prediction that Trump will take about 350 electoral votes in next election

Don't worry. Kenneth.   Trump has most likely already sub-contracted these crucial anti-Deep State tasks out to his Kremlin handlers.

As for the election, 350 votes would be somewhat suspicious, but Putin has most likely finalized plans for another pre-emptive GRU strike on our voting systems for 2020.

Best of all, Bill Barr is working overtime to protect the Fuhrer from prosecution, even if he shoots people on 5th Avenue.

In just the last few weeks Trump has created 4 majorly humiliating leadership gaffs that are worse than embarrassing, and that in total should be receiving much more media coverage as a reflection of his never ending presidential office incompetence.

The parents of the young British man killed by an American diplomat's wife driving on the wrong side of the road in England were furious at Trump's shameless attempt to have them meet their son's killer without prior notice when they were brought into the White House. They felt they were being used in a self-promoting photo-op ploy by Trump.

They went back to England feeling more depressed and angry over this than before they made the initial trip to the U.S.!  How embarrassing. How stupid.

The brazenly self-promoted Trump Mar-A-Lago scheme blew up as it should have and was headlined in the national media until it was quickly withdrawn. Another humiliating and embarrassing Trump gaff.

The spontaneous withdrawal from Syria announcement by Trump was met with such outrage even by our own military that he and his team had to immediately create and initiate a damage control campaign that was just frantic. What a diplomatic disaster and mess that situation still is.

When Trump finally went to and presented himself in person at a large audience venue of non-screened citizens, he was greeted by the loudest booing and jeering response any President has ever received at such a major event like the World Series. Thousands even shouted "LOCK HIM UP!" to add to his humiliation.

He earned that negative response.

This "lock him up" chant was a reference to Trump's own "lock her up" sound bite (referring to Hillary Clinton ) and that he created and constantly encouraged his angry rally crowds to yell and repeat over and over for years by not ever telling them to stop.

All this craziness in just one month!?

Trump's presidency has been one after another of these humiliating and embarrassing leadership failures ... for years. Hundreds of them!

Obama never had "one" of these embarrassing incidents ... in 8 years!

However, Trump is still loved by his base, regardless of his constant incompetent leadership failures.

We are in a precarious state with half our country pretending nothing's wrong with this high anxiety causing President.

Edited by Joe Bauer

8 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

In just the last few weeks Trump has created 4 majorly humiliating leadership gaffs that are worse than embarrassing, and that in total should be receiving much more media coverage as a reflection of his never ending presidential office incompetence.

The parents of the young British man killed by an American diplomat's wife driving on the wrong side of the road in England were furious at Trump's shameless attempt to have them meet their son's killer without prior notice when they were brought into the White House. They felt they were being used in a self-promoting photo-op ploy by Trump.

They went back to England feeling more depressed and angry over this than before they made the initial trip to the U.S.!  How embarrassing. How stupid.

The brazenly self-promoted Trump Mar-A-Lago scheme blew up as it should have and was headlined in the national media until it was quickly withdrawn. Another humiliating and embarrassing Trump gaff.

The spontaneous withdrawal from Syria announcement by Trump was met with such outrage even by our own military that he and his team had to immediately create and initiate a damage control campaign that was just frantic. What a diplomatic disaster and mess that situation still is.

When Trump finally went to and presented himself in person at a large audience venue of non-screened citizens, he was greeted by the loudest booing and jeering response any President has ever received at such a major event like the World Series. Thousands even shouted "LOCK HIM UP!" to add to his humiliation.

This "lock him up" chant was a reference to Trump's own "lock her up" sound bite (referring to Hillary Clinton ) and that he created and constantly encouraged his angry rally crowds to yell and repeat over and over for years by not ever telling them to stop.

Trump's presidency has been one after another of these humiliating and embarrassing leadership failures ... for years. Hundreds of them!

However, Trump is still loved by his base, regardless of his constant incompetent leadership failures.

We are in a precarious state with half our country pretending nothings wrong with this high anxiety causing President.

Joe, you do know that those parents actually requested a meeting with that woman, and  when Trump actually arranged one for them they were so shocked they didn't know what to say.  Out of about 50000, in the stadium, every tv shot focused on one section with one guy jumping up and down with a towel and 10 people around him shouting, the other 49990 didn't agree with them.  

Obama never had "one" of these embarrassing incidents ... in 8 years!  Chuckle:  sure he only had one and it  lasted about 8 years.  He was the joke.  So you agree with the 350?  

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Don't worry. Kenneth.   Trump has most likely already sub-contracted these crucial anti-Deep State tasks out to his Kremlin handlers.

As for the election, 350 votes would be somewhat suspicious, but Putin has most likely finalized plans for another pre-emptive GRU strike on our voting systems for 2020.

Best of all, Bill Barr is working overtime to protect the Fuhrer from prosecution, even if he shoots people on 5th Avenue.

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

We are in a precarious state with half our country pretending nothing's wrong with this high anxiety causing President.

What??? You forgot Trump trying to surrender to the Taliban at Camp David the week of 9/11!!! A classic!

4 hours ago, Kenneth Drew said:

Does the following news report sound as if the Trump "bombshell" meet up plan for the British parents was anything other than a PR disaster that left the parents in a worse grieving state than before they flew out here?

The family of a British teenager killed in a wrong-way crash involving the wife of an American diplomat said President Donald Trump dropped a "bombshell" during a meeting at the White House, revealing that the woman was waiting to meet them in the room next door, NBC News reported. Their lawyer said the way the meeting was proposed was "so wrong." 

Harry Dunn, 19, was killed after his motorcycle was hit by Anne Sacoolas, who admits driving on the wrong side of the road near a British military base used by the United States. 

Sacoolas, 42, whose husband is an American diplomat assigned to the United Kingdom, said she cooperated with the police but flew back to the U.S. three weeks later. 

The case has sparked a transatlantic dispute about whether she still has diplomatic immunity from prosecution. 

"The bombshell was dropped not soon after we walked in the room: Anne Sacoolas was in the building and was willing to meet with us," Dunn's mother, Charlotte Charles, told reporters in Washington afterward. "We made it very clear that as we've said all along … we would still love to meet with her but it has to be on our terms and on U.K. soil." 

She said such a meeting should involve "therapists and mediators in the room."

10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Interesting if true:

RW: Adam Schiff’s whistleblower, CIA analyst Eric Ciarmella, is also Strzok’s CI in the Whitehouse.

It's more "kill the messenger" Trumpaganda, IMO.

There are now multiple whistleblowers in Trump's Ukraine-gate extortion scam.

And, if Trump is innocent, why has he repeatedly lied about his Ukrainian extortion scam and aggressively blocked his associates from testifying?

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Interesting if true:

RW: Adam Schiff’s whistleblower, CIA analyst Eric Ciarmella, is also Strzok’s CI in the Whitehouse.

Here's the story that puts the pieces together. HUGE! Suspected ‘Whistleblower’ Ciaramella May Be CIA Spy Planted in Trump White House Identified as “Charlie” in Strzok and Page Texts!

It is interesting but it is still not necessarily the real story. Ciaramella is more than likely the "throw" to keep eyes off the Vindman brothers. (ie. Ciaramella is red meat for the pro-Trump blogosphere looking for someone to hang; they are literally looking.)

Ciaramella's the "Patsy". This thread started out as a discussion about Mark Zaid, Ciarmella and Vindman's lawyer. It should not be much of a surprise that he is "representing" Ciaramella to run cover for the larger franchise that the Vindman's are closer too.

That Ciaramella is now the patsy is more of an ad hoc effort compared to some historical incidents where a patsy was used. Since it is "ad hoc", there was not much planning and practice involved. It is failing already.