The Education Forum

Truly and the Cover Up

Is it safe to say that Truly is responsible for two aspects of it?

First, after Baker's first day affidavit denying the second floor encounter, is it not Truly who puts it together?

Second, isn't it Truly who runs the mirage line up and reports Oswald as missing to the police?

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Is it safe to say that Truly is responsible for two aspect of it.

First, after Baker's first day affidavit denying the second floor encounter, is it not Truly who puts it together?

Second, isn't it Truly who runs the mirage line up and reports Oswald as missing to the police?

Jim,

And how Truly changed a first floor encounter alongside Lieutenant Erich Kaminsky at the front door with LHO to a second floor encounter alongside Baker.

(although that might be part of your #1)

Steve Thomas

Steve:

Can you give me a little more on that aspect?

Regarding point two I've wondered a while if the roll call of employees is not indicative of foreknowledge by Truly.  He was so involved, with Baker and the run up the steps, then coming back down.  Then he does this roll call and finds only Oswald missing, while in fact others where?  So he quickly relay's the info to Fritz on the Sixth Floor who dispatches an officer back to a patrol car on the ground to broadcast the info back to HQ.  Who then send out a description of a  man with a 30 - 30.  

Some might say Ruth Paine sent Oswald to Truly.  So if he hired him as a result of the reference might he have had some suspicion that something was up when JFK was killed?  Maybe even knew beforehand 'something" might happen?  Did they both know George De Mornschild's associate Dallas CIA agent J Walton Moore.  Who ok'd GDM's or passed on orders for contact with Oswald.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Ron,

There is no "might'.  Ruth Paine did send LHO to Truly, who had just fired some people a day or so before.

And let us not forget how Ruth studiously avoided giving Lee the lead to a better paying job, thus guaranteeing he would be at the TSBD. 

Hasan Yusuf is an underrated researcher and writer.

His take on Roy:

http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com/2013/01/roy-truly-truly-interesting-character_14.html

From Greg Parker:

Here is the Kaminsky evidence in the Texas AG report:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10484&relPageId=74

This is really interesting.

And Oswald said that?

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

And Oswald said that?

Jim,

According to Holmes, he did.

And Bart, you wrote that it is a theory; but I ask, how could Oswald have known that Truly was at the front door vouching for employees unless he seen it happen with his own eyes?

From 12:30 on, Oswald was never in a position to have seen that activity going on.

For me, it's not a question of why Oswald left so early, but rather; if he was guilty, why did he hang around for so long?

Steve Thomas

17 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Is it safe to say that Truly is responsible for two aspects of it?

Hi Jim.

You and I discussed this a while back, but I thought it was worth adding here.

Roy Truly was married to Mildred Wynne Chenault, daughter of William Robert Chenault (General Claire Chenault’s cousin).

Fernando Faura and John Fahey believe the girl in the polka dot dress met Anna Chenault in New York prior to the RFK assassination. It's certainly not proof of anything, but it does make me want to know more about Truly and his connections.

Jessica Shores dug up this fact and posted it in one of the Facebook groups a few months ago. I believe she also posted supporting documents.

Cheers,

Greg

Edited by Greg Wagner

I myself would be interested in learning more about the relationship between Roy Truly and D.H. Byrd.

Roy Truly - Fred Korth connection

posted by Greg Wagner in the ROKC Forum 12/23/17

Roy Truly:

"Born August 9 1907.
·Began work for the Texas Book Depository in 1934 as head of the Miscellaneous Dept. – the same job Bill Shelley was filling in 1963

·Became superintendent in 1944 and at some stage was made a co-director of the company
·During WW II he held a second job at night at the North American Aviation Plant in Arlington by cutting down his hours at the depository."

“Corsicana Daily Sun” from Corsicana, Texas March 31, 1970 Page 10

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/41268447/

“The building (the Texas School Book Depository) is owned by the Dallas Trust Corp. The majority stockholder of the firm, Col. D. Harold Byrd, 69, has decided to liquidate some of his holdings.”

I tried to do a little research on the Dallas Trust Corp., but a simple Google search failed to yield any results.

John Simkin in the Education Forum December 2, 2006.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/8715-david-harold-byrd/

“In 1944 Byrd founded Byrd Oil Corporation and B-H Drilling Corporation. In 1952 Byrd established the Three States Natural Gas Company.

Byrd later sold Byrd Oil to Mobil and Three States to Delhi-Taylor. Byrd used this money to invest in aircraft production and established Temco. A company that employed Mac Wallace after he was convicted of killing John Kinser.”

Linda J. Minor writes in her blog: Quixotic Joust

http://quixoticjoust.blogspot.com/2011/06/other-uranium-explorers-in-texas-in.html

“Other Uranium Explorers in Texas in the 1950's “

“Jerrell Dean Palmer writes: "In 1952 the entrepreneur [Byrd] began to phase out Byrd-Frost and organized the Three States Natural Gas Company, which was purchased by Delhi-Taylor Oil Corporation in 1961."

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fby13

The United Press reported in mid-March of 1955: "Byrd Uranium Corp. had a new charter from Delaware Thursday making it a wholly-owned subsidiary of Byrd Oil Corp., President D. Harold Byrd said. The new company, authorized to operate in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Texas, will examine uranium prospects on the oil company's extensive holdings in the Rocky Mountain region."

It would have been during this period of time that George De Mohrenschildt's resume * reflects he worked for Three States Natural Gas in the Rocky Mountain area and in the Uintah basin.

* COL. LAWRENCE ORLOV: EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL RECORD

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=7491#relPageId=3&tab=page

This is actually a resume of George DeMohrenschildt that he gave to Orlov in 1958.

“During the period of 1949 – 1959 acted as consultant on various projects, namely in Haiti, West Indies... for Western Hemisphere Oil Corporation; in France... for Three States Natural Gas Company...” “July, 1946 to January, 1949. Field Engineer for one year and then Chairman of Rangely Field Engineering Geological Committee, Colorado.”

Mac Wallace?

George DeMohrenschildt?

Roy Truly was a co-director in Byrd's company that owned the TSBD?

What other connections might there be out there?

Steve Thomas

What about my other point.

After Baker denied the second floor encounter in his first day affidavit, was it not Truly who created it?