The Education Forum

Questions About Secret Agenda

W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

There was no "Deep Throat" in the original ms. Bernstein and Woodward submitted.

Their editor, Alice Mayhew, suggested they make up the Deep Throat character. It

stands for ONI man Woodward's many unacknowledged intelligence sources.

The following quote about United States Navy Lieutenant Robert U. Woodward can be gleaned from page 80 of Len Colodny's book "Silent Coup":

QUOTE — "...When Woodward arrived in Washington he went of the staff of Admiral Moorer, together with his two former skippers, Fitzpatrick and Welander; he reported to Fitzpatrick through Commander John J. Kingston, chief of all the watch officers, and supervised the people manning terminals in the CNO's communications center. It was Woodward's job as communications watch officer to route incoming messages to the proper person on the staff of the chief of naval operations or the secretary of the Navy, and to be aware of the particular sensitive areas or 'hot spots' about which the CNO or his flag officers must be alerted. Most of the messages were classified, and some were top secret..." — END QUOTE.

Yep, USN Lt. Woodward was privy to all sorts of covert information and he used his linkage in the intelligence infrastructure to deadly effect.

Edited by Robert Montenegro

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Professor Peter Dale Scott's "The Road to 9/11: Wealth, Empire, and the Future of America", we find the following startling information about USN Lt. Woodward's boss, ADM. Moorer on pages 46-48:

QUOTE — "...Other leaks of Nixon-Kissinger excesses in foreign policy, notably the December 1971 of the 'tilt toward Pakistan,' provoked frenzied investigation by the White House Plumbers. Eventually this investigation revealed that the source of the leak, navy yeoman Charles Radford, had been systematically stealing White House documents and passing them, via his navy superior, Admiral Robert Welander, to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), Admiral Thomas Moorer. In retrospect, it seems clear that the primary JCS motive for conspiratorial spying on the White House was dislike of Nixon's and above all Kissinger's policies of detente and coexistence with the Soviet bloc and China. As historian Stanley Kutler wrote in his Wars of Watergate: 'Moorer bitterly remembered what he regarded as foolish and soft policies toward North Vietnam. His successor as chief naval operations, Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt Jr., came close to accusing Nixon and Kissinger of treason and Kissinger of being a Soviet sympathizer'..."

"...James McCord, the principle architect of the Watergate break-in, which was surely set up to be disclosed, expressed a paranoia about Kissinger that exceeded even that of Moorer and Zumwalt. In a newsletter he put out in the aftermath of Watergate, 'McCord put forward a right-wing conspiracy theory that the Rockefeller family was lunging for complete control over the government's critical national security functions, using the Council on Foreign Relations and Henry Kissinger as its surrogates.' McCord's mind-set is of interest not only because he was a principal conspirator in the Watergate break-in, but also because of his role as an Air Force Reserve colonel in an obscure program of the Office of Emergency Preparedness (the predecessor to FEMA). His group was responsible for contingency plans, 'in the event of a national emergency...for imposing censorship [and] preventive detention of civilian 'security risks,' who would be placed in military 'camps'..."

"...Much more threatening to the presidency was probably the opposition of James Angleton, head of CIA counterintelligence. Angleton eventually came to "pronounce Kissinger 'objectively, a Soviet agent.' But Angleton had a more immediate reason to oppose Nixon after November 20, 1972, the day Nixon at Camp David notified Richard Helms he would be replaced as head of CIA. Helms and Angleton had been two of the last survivors of the Dulles "inner circle" within CIA..." — END QUOTE.

Ah, nothing like a little détente from a sitting United States President to make the entire military chain of command scream "treason"...

And of course, the above mentioned Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt Jr. was a commander on the "Interdepartmental Coordinating Committee of Cuban Affairs" back in 1963, working as an Office of Naval Intelligence liaison to USAF Brig. Gen. Edward G. Lansdale, via US Army Lt. Col. James Patchell. 

See attached link proving this relationship between then USN Capt. Zumwalt and the anti-Castro terrorist operations:

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/198-10007-10098.pdf

Of course CIA focal-point officer Brig. Gen. Lansdale's old crony from Indochina, USMC 1st Lt. Daniel Ellsberg, was also responsible for his own little "limited hangout" leak to the press called the "Pentagon Papers."

Below is photograph of Daniel Ellsberg and Edward Lansdale in conference with each other in Saigon, 1965, discussing the terms of a peaceful resolve in Vietnam, no doubt...

road-not-taken-cropped-1000x667.jpg

Robert, are you sure that picture is 1965?

I thought it was later.

Edited by James DiEugenio

8 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Robert, are you sure that picture is 1965?

I thought it was later.

Well Mr. DiEugenio, I do not know exactly when the Lansdale-Ellsberg photo was taken, but Council on Foreign Relations strongman Max Boot identifies it as 1965.

Here is the link that I pulled the photo from: https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2018/01/17/the-road-not-taken-in-vietnam

The caption in the photo states the following: "...Daniel Ellsberg, right, is shown in Saigon in 1965 with Maj. Gen. Edward Lansdale. (AP Photo)..."

Incidentally, do you know how to recover deleted posts from this forum?

I really do not want to reconstruct my lines of reasoning from your "NATO's Secret Armies, Operation Gladio and JFK" topic, but I'll do it, come hell or high water.

No, that is correct, that was 1965.

Lansdale was sponsoring a joint State/Defense department mission.  And he actually asked for volunteers.

Ellsberg volunteered since he was already beginning to doubt the efficacy of our involvement there.  The time he spent there convinced him that the American effort was a failure and we were as doomed as the French. Then when he got back he was asked to participate in the Pentagon Papers study.  He did so.

That is how he knew about it and where it was at Rand.  

Offhand I do not know.  But Kathy Beckett can probably help you as she is a very good moderator.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

That is how he knew about it and where it was at Rand.  

Of course USMC 1st Lt. Ellsberg was no dandy angel from the RAND Corporation, doing the planet a service by releasing the "Pentagon Papers". In any event he was covering his own ass.

Here are some quotes about Mr. Ellsberg from pages 31-34 of Douglas Valentine's mind-bending book "The CIA as Organized Crime: How Illegal Operations Corrupt America and the World":

QUOTE — "...Peter Dale Scott had also been marginalized as a result of his 1972 book, The War Conspiracy, and his 1993 book Deep Politics and the Death of JFK. Peter supported me, and a few years after the Phoenix book was published, I mentioned to him that I was writing an article, based on my interviews with Scotton and Conein, about Ellsberg’s deep political association with the CIA. Peter is Ellsberg’s friend, and even though the article had the potential to embarrass Ellsberg, he arranged for me to interview him. Peter gave me Ellsberg’s number and I called at a pre-arranged time. And the first thing Ellsberg said to me was, 'You can’t possibly understand me because you’re not a celebrity'..."

"...I experienced the same thing when I wrote my article about Ellsberg. No one on the American left would publish it. Eventually, Robin Ramsay published it in Lobster magazine in Great Britain. The article was titled “The Clash of the Icons” and demonstrated that Ellsberg and Al McCoy held contradictory positions about the CIA’s relationship with drug traffickers in Vietnam.” McCoy accused CIA officers Ed Lansdale and Lou Conein of collaborating with Corsican drug smugglers in 1965, at the same time Ellsberg was working closely with them. But when I interviewed him, Ellsberg insisted that these CIA officers were not involved in the drug traffic, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary..."

"...Maintaining Ellsberg’s image is mostly a business decision, because Ellsberg is what the Mafia calls “a money-maker.” If one of these Compatible Left media outlets has Ellsberg talk at a peace conference it’s sponsoring, a hundred fans will pay cash to see him. The Compatible Left is a business venture that’s dependent on the capitalist society within which it operates. At the same time, Ellsberg is a symbol of the illusion that change is possible within the system. He calls for reform, yes, and like the Compatible Left, he backs many important progressive programs. But more importantly, by  covering up his own CIA connections, he’s reassuring the bourgeoisie that subscribes to these media outlets that everything they assume about their leaders is right. And that’s how symbolic heroes mislead the way..."

"...If Ellsberg were to reveal the CIA’s secrets, he would no longer have the same reassuring effect on the liberal bourgeoisie. So his sponsors never mention that he had an affair with the mistress of a Corsican drug smuggler in Saigon. That’s not in the book or the movie. He denies his CIA buddies were involved in the drug trade, even though they were. He won’t talk about the CIA war crimes he witnessed or the contradictions of capitalism..." — END QUOTE.

The rumor that in 1965, Daniel Ells­berg had sexual relations with the lady friend of a Corsican narco-terrorist in South Vietnam, and "ZR/JEWEL" commando Lt. Col. Lucien Emile Conein AKA “Black Luigi” got his ass off the hook is quite revealing.

Makes you wonder why USAF Lt. Col. James Walter McCord was so interested in recovering the files of Daniel Ellsberg's psychiatrist and what Ellsberg may have told him about his sexual encounters.

I mean, Lt. Col. Conein was involved in the Nixon White House "GEMSTONE-SANDWEDGE" operations as a Bureau of Narcotics Covert Intelligence Network "DEASOG-1" assassination team commander, along with his adjutant Jerry Soul, a former "OPERATION 40" case officer, "Bay of Pigs" veterans Robert Medell, Guillermo Tabraue, CIA officers Elias P. Chavez and Nicholas Zapata, both had paramilitary and drug control experience in Laos (Colby’s personnel assistant Jack Mathews had been Chavez’s case officer at the Long Thien base, where General Vang Pao ran his secret drug-smuggling army under JM/WAVE commander Ted Shackley’s auspices from 1966-1968), Wesley Dyckman (a Chinese linguist with service in Vietnam), Louis J. Davis (a FBN-CIA veteran of Vietnam and Laos), Christopher Thompson (an agent from the CIA’s Phoenix Program in Vietnam), Hugh E. Murray (a FBN-CIA veteran of Pakse and Bolivia, where he participated in the capture of Che Guevara),  Thomas D. McPhaul (a FBN-CIA veteran who had worked with Conein in Vietnam), Thomas L. Briggs (a FBN-CIA veteran of Laos and a friend of Shackley’s), Vernon J. Goertz (a CIA veteran and Shackley's friend who had participated in the Allende coup), David A. Scherman (a CIA veteran and Conein's friend and former manager of the CIA’s interrogation center in Da Nang), Gary Mattocks (who ran CIA counter-terror teams in Vietnam’s Delta) and CIA Special Activities Division officer US Army COL. Grayston Leroy Lynch (a CIA veteran and ground commander of OPERATION Zapata)!

I mean, talk about a dream team of assassins and commando operatives.

Never mind Lt. Col. McCord's teammates in "Operation DIAMOND" which included Everette “Eduardo” Howard Hunt Jr. (the CIA’s Domestic Operations Division Chief Of Covert Action in 1963), "OPERATION 40" assassins José Joaquin Sanjenís “Felix” Perdomo "AMOT-2", Virgilio R. “Villo” González, Eugenio Rolando “Musculito” Martínez, Frank Angelo Fiorini AKA Frank Anthony Sturgis, Bernard Leon “Macho” Barker "AMCLATTER-1" (the "Secret Serviceman" on the grassy knoll) and COINTELPRO agent George Gordon Battle Liddy.

Strange bedfellows for Mr. Ellsberg to be sleeping with...

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Offhand I do not know.  But Kathy Beckett can probably help you as she is a very good moderator.

Thank you for the information Mr. DiEugenio.

In any case, I think I am going to have to rebuild what I posted from scratch.

Blast it all! I was on a roll.

La-di-dah. LA-DEE-DAHH!