The Education Forum

The Rifle in the BYP

Has anyone ever tried any formula to measure the length of the rifle in the BYP?

How could one do that?  Through geometry?

Where is it?  And was he correct?  Did anyone double check his formula?

Sorry Jim , I was thinking about this comparison by Jack White....but I'm sure it could be done fairly easily with the papers. Using Oswald as a base measurement would be in vain, as we have several official heights for him, not to mention a lot of folks don't believe it's Oswald in the photo.

Edited by Rob Clark

OK, then has anyone ever done so with the measuring of the papers?

That would be more accurate I think.

byp-newspaper-measurement.jpg

If someone wants to compare these two lines then they can.  And, do the math on newspaper length to rifle length.  The newspaper is folded in an odd manner so the line may be a little off.

Jim,

I did manage to find this analysis... dimensions of the paper are included on this thread http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411261/pg1

It's old, and all the image links are dead...😭

I also found this quote attributed to a YouTube video that is no longer available...

"White used measurements of the paper Oswald was holding to prove that the man in the photo wasn't Oswald because using the paper as a standard, the human figure would be the wrong height for Oswald."

I would like Andrej to try this since he is good at these kinds of measurements.

I always felt the taking, making copies of and then "keeping" or even passing around these photo copies of Oswald holding the actual rifle (that apparently shot at General Walker and then JFK) was one of the most inexplicably illogical and incriminating things I have ever seen or heard a future criminal do who wasn't functionally illiterate.

This particular doing on the part of Oswald just screams a setting up of guilt to a head shaking degree of suspicion.

Until today however, I didn't think this improbable incriminating action on Oswald's part could get any more ridiculously preposterous, even absurd.

But with the blow up of the BYP and Oswald holding the rifle with accompanying papers...you see the word "MILITANT" in large block letters on the cover of the paper Oswald is holding which just adds to the guilt association incrimination of Oswald as a crazy violent communist.

Oswald couldn't have created anything more incriminating if he had a bold black and white sign made up saying "I AM A MILITANT COMMIE" held over his head in these photos.

28 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

I always felt the taking, making copies of and then "keeping" or even passing around these photo copies of Oswald holding the actual rifle (that apparently shot at General Walker and then JFK) was one of the most inexplicably illogical and incriminating things I have ever seen or heard a future criminal do who wasn't functionally illiterate.

This particular doing on the part of Oswald just screams a setting up of guilt to a head shaking degree of suspicion.

Until today however, I didn't think this improbable incriminating action on Oswald's part could get any more ridiculously preposterous, even absurd.

But with the blow up of the BYP and Oswald holding the rifle with accompanying papers...you see the word "MILITANT" in large block letters on the cover of the paper Oswald is holding which just adds to the guilt association incrimination of Oswald as a crazy violent communist.

Oswald couldn't have created anything more incriminating if he had a bold black and white sign made up saying "I AM A MILITANT COMMIE" held over his head in these photos.

Some have said that the politics of the papers were also contrasting as well. The example being that it would be like someone trying to project a political philosophy by holding up copies of The Nation and National Review.

To me, one of the questions I have is: were the backyard photos unique in Oswald's life, or did he at other times have pictures taken of himself with his weapons?

The people who fabricated the backyard photos (probably at the DPD) were idiots for not getting

the shadows and dimensions right and for having the "Oswald" figure leaning

at an impossible angle and for laughably thinking those two

newspapers were of similar ideology. Then Life magazine admitted it retouched

the scope on the rifle for its infamous cover. I recommend Jack White's

video on the backyard photos.

Edited by Joseph McBride