The Education Forum

Merry Christmas to All.

Ron Bulman

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

Speaking of skiing, I drove up to Keystone last Friday (the 20th) for the first time this season.  As I was checking in with my 2019 season pass, I looked up at the board and had to do a double take...

Single Day Adult Lift Tickets-- $169   😟

Seniors (over 65)  $159

I was stunned.  We used to buy lift tickets for day trips to Winter Park and Loveland for $25 -- and not all that long ago.

Fortunately, season passes are still affordable for the vanishing middle class, (I paid $389 in September) but alpine skiing at Colorado resorts is becoming a sport for the 1%.    It's a shame.

Extreme wealth inequality in the U.S. is approaching 1929 levels.

I looked at some old pamphlets.  One from 1978-79 Sierra Blanca, $12.50, I didn't ski that year.  1980-81, my first year to ski was $15.00 at Red River.  By 83-84 Sierra Blanca was up to $21.00.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents moved us from Massachusetts to New Hampshire in '63, in large part, because they had become avid skiers.  Every weekend, us kids would spend the day at the local ski slope, which cost $.50 for the day.  It was a large hill that had, in small portions, every degree of difficulty.  On one side of the rope tow was the main slope that everyone used.  The other side, we simply called "Suicide".

I quit skiing in the early eighties because it had become way too expensive and way too crowded!

On the subject of skiing, there's a belief that the death in 1998 of Sonny Bono, the singer and political activist, was suspicious. He was killed when he hit a tree while skiing. Apparently there were grounds for believing that the tree didn't act alone.

2 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

On the subject of skiing, there's a belief that the death in 1998 of Sonny Bono, the singer and political activist, was suspicious. He was killed when he hit a tree while skiing. Apparently there were grounds for believing that the tree didn't act alone.

Pure speculation and innuendo.

Is Ecker a Conspiracy Theorist?

12 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

He could be on to something.

Didn't a Kennedy family member also get killed by skiing into a tree a few years ago?

49 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I just call 'em like I'm not supposed to see 'em.

I've read about this before somewhere.  Cher was hiding behind the tree in a really hideous outfit.  When he approached she jumped out and scared him into the tree.  The CIA paid her to do it, he was going to run for congress as a Democrat.

24 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I've read about this before somewhere.  Cher was hiding behind the tree in a really hideous outfit.  When he approached she jumped out and scared him into the tree.  The CIA paid her to do it, he was going to run for congress as a Democrat.

A cowboy's work is never done.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sonny+%26+cher+a+cowboy's+work+is+never+done&&view=detail&mid=81A06C2BB8C98423ECBB81A06C2BB8C98423ECBB&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dsonny%2B%26%2Bcher%2Ba%2Bcowboy%27s%2Bwork%2Bis%2Bnever%2Bdone%26qpvt%3Dsonny%2B%26%2Bcher%2Ba%2Bcowboy%27s%2Bwork%2Bis%2Bnever%2Bdone%26FORM%3DVDRE

22 hours ago, David Andrews said:

I'd forgotten Bono actually was a Congressman.  Never read about this.  Who knows, if he'd of exposed this it might have propelled him to President Bono.  Without Cher by his side.

19 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'd forgotten Bono actually was a Congressman.  Never read about this.  Who knows, if he'd of exposed this it might have propelled him to President Bono.  Without Cher by his side.

Watch Waco: The Rules of Engagement, the documentary that exposed the BATF/FBI massacre.  Sonny is outstanding as the sour face sitting behind Chuck Schumer in gape-mouthed, head-shaking disbelief as Schumer bulldozers the Clinton-Reno axis' agenda in the cover-up on the committee floor.  Nobody else had the honesty:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120472/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_5