The Education Forum

John Newman on Lisa Pease's challenges to his research

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2020 at 12:06 PM, Steve Thomas said:

David,

I'm not so sure now that he was. I've only seen that in one source.

In two other places, I've seen that he was only in the Army from March, 1963 - March, 1964 

From March, 1964 to September, 1964, he was unemployed; and then from September, 1964 to ? (CIA documents dated 1965 and 1972), he was listed as a sprayman for the Pan Am Exterminating Co.

See HSCA Segregated CIA Collection, Box 45 PERSONAL RECORD QUESTIONNAIRE for Luis Posada Carriles

pp. 17 and 37.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=23193&search=Carriles#relPageId=17&tab=page

Steve Thomas

Just a newb, 2nd post, not sure l linked the correct way, or how to attach.

This link shows Carriles had a odd assortment of jobs, including some time with Firestone Rubber in Akron, OH. I noticed, since I grew up near there,  what’s the odd connection  with “Pan Am Exterminating Co.”, at 275 SW 6th ST. Miami Fla.?  
  A search of that address brought up FBI document record number: 124-10198-10304.

Agency File Number: 92-2782-709.

Record Series: HQ

Date 4/17/1963

Top Heading is:  JFK Assassination System Identification Form.

FBI was checking leads Santo Trafficante  was trying to purchase the Pan Am Exterminating business.  

I didn’t know what the connection might be?

Thanks

Dan

On 1/24/2020 at 2:42 PM, Dan Troyer said:

A search of that address brought up FBI document record number: 124-10198-10304.

FBI was checking leads Santo Trafficante  was trying to purchase the Pan Am Exterminating business. 

Deleted

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Pretty cool cover ... a sprayman for the Pan Am Exterminating Co.  I wonder if he painted houses too?

Regarding allegiances, its easy (with the hindsight of 50 years) to point towards the factions who are most anti-Communist.  Soviets (and their sympathizers) were the ISIS of the 60's.   Id think that the individuals in question had an allegiance to whomever was staunchly against Communist influence.   That included an awful lot of military brass, politicians and CIA 'officers'.  

As far as CIA versus the military, the former are (imho) more like project managers and the latter are foot soldiers and field operatives.  Strategists versus dirty work ...  one and the same. 

1 hour ago, Gene Kelly said:

Pretty cool cover ... a sprayman for the Pan Am Exterminating Co.  I wonder if he painted houses too?

Regarding allegiances, its easy (with the hindsight of 50 years) to point towards the factions who are most anti-Communist.  Soviets (and their sympathizers) were the ISIS of the 60's.   Id think that the individuals in question had an allegiance to whomever was staunchly against Communist influence.   That included an awful lot of military brass, politicians and CIA 'officers'.  

As far as CIA versus the military, the former are (imho) more like project managers and the latter are foot soldiers and field operatives.  Strategists versus dirty work ...  one and the same. 

Well written, interesting and insightful. Thanks for posting.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:20 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Your right.  My mistake, thanks for the correction.

Welcome and no worries Ron.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:01 AM, David Boylan said:

Interesting doc on the CAC and the coordination between the Army and CIA. Shackley, Chief, talked in glowing terms of the two Army officers assigned to work with him. That would be Bradley Ayers and Edward Roderick.

Shackley also wanted one Seal team to train the exile Cubans.

Interestingly enough David, Campbell did a very, very interesting show back in March 2019 titled: "The Dealey Plaza Shadow Op: Hijacking CIA Black Operations." Fascinating as, it seems to me that Doug has given strong evidence of a 'legitimate' hijacking of a CIA operation by Army Intel. Definitely worth listening to.

Edited by B. A. Copeland