Rob Clark

Rob:

Is that note from the HSCA?  Or the WC?

It looks like the former.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering who it's from and to, where did the note come from.  I'm guessing the HSCA as well.  If so it sounds like Wes or his handler/lawyer is trying to put off questioning, for "reason not that apparent".   Reason purposefully avoided?  Did the author suspect an unmentioned reason? 

Edited by Ron Bulman

On 4/22/2020 at 7:00 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Rob:

Is that note from the HSCA?  Or the WC?

It looks like the former.

Yes it is from Moriarty's "Dallas Diary" for the HSCA.  O'Toole was met with similiar tactics for his book "The Assassination Tapes".  I mean has Buell ever been questioned by a full on conspiracy researcher that has pinned him down on certain subjects? A lot of what we've gotten from him over the years has been from official investigations, news stories, and the 6th floor.....

• 8 months later...

There are a couple of stunning new pieces of data from Buell Wesley Frazier in the recently published book "The Lone Star Speaks: Untold Texas Stories About JFK Assassination" by K.W. Zachry and S. Paterson. 

https://www.amazon.com/Lone-Star-Speaks-Stories-Assassination/dp/1610881923/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+Lone+star+speaks&qid=1609408367&s

Chapter 25 reports data from three interviews with Buell Wesley Frazier conducted by the Authors on three occasions: May 15 and May 30, 2015, and January 29, 2019.

One stunning information conveyed by Buell Wesley Frazier is his knowledge of Mafia men Pete Kay and Charles Harrelson:

Frazier’s stepfather was not the only frightening individual in the young man’s life. He also knew “Pete” Kay, who was, along with his father, an important figure in the Dixie Mafia. According to Frazier, they offered him the chance to become a member of the “family.” By then, Frazier had already met one group member, a man so heartless that locking eyes with him made his blood run cold. Frazier identified this man as Charles Harrelson; others who knew Harrelson also commented on how coldly he could stare down someone. Frazier decided to take his sister’s advice and not take up the offer. They both thought he would be much safer in Dallas!

Another important bit refers to the length of the package and the content of the package. Buell Wesley Frazier was clear about impossibility of the package containing the rifle. Mr. Frazier even arranged a Mannlicher-Carcano carbine, knocked it down and tested if the length of the knocked-down rifle would match the size of the package he saw with Lee Oswald on Friday morning, November 22:

"The “Oswald” Frazier knew never discussed guns, shooting, or the President. The man described in the newspapers as the President’s “accused assassin” was not the “Oswald” Frazier had known. Frazier was especially concerned about the police saying Oswald had carried a rifle to the Depository in Frazier’s car on November 22.

For his own peace of mind, Frazier located a rifle with a serial number only a few digits off from the serial number on the rifle Oswald was accused of using to kill the President. He dismantled it and wrapped it in brown paper so he and his sister could compare the size with the way they remembered Oswald’s package looking on that Friday.

“It was obviously still too long,” he said. “Lee could not have carried even a dismantled rifle like that one under his arm.” Frazier’s sister agreed.

If Oswald had really been carrying curtain rods that day, they should have been found somewhere in the Depository. Supposedly, they were never found. However, a few years after the assassination, Frazier received an intriguing phone call. Once the caller established that she was speaking to the man who had driven Oswald to work on November 22, 1963, she quietly confided to Frazier that some curtain rods had indeed been found in the Depository after the assassination."

I have conducted some model reconstruction of the package and how it could have been carried with the rifle butt resting on the cupped hand - the result (shown earlier in this thread) was that the rifle would be too long and stick out above Lee's shoulder. 

Interestingly, Buell Wesley Frazier names in this book chapter several people standing next to him in the doorway (Lovelady, Shelley, Stanton) but ignores the unknown man standing at the western wall about 3 feet away from him...  

Edited by Andrej Stancak

• 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, John Deignan said:

I read it. He says after the assassination he walked 20 yards towards the grassy knoll area to find Mr. Shelley and Billy Lovelady. After 20 yards he stopped to turn around and saw a man with a rifle. Face to face. 

He also said he saw another man with a rifle the next day ... outside his home

I just finished The Lonestar Speaks and if I remember correctly he had just recalled after all of those years that he did see Lee leaving the TSBD. Let me look up the exact text........"Recently, Frazier shared a detail he had forgotten for decades. As he stood at the corner of Elm and Houston, he glanced up and saw Oswald walk from behind the Depository, cross Houston street, and proceed south." This was after he saw Shelley and Lovelady run to the underpass where those two encountered Gloria Calvary in which they changed direction following the crowds towards the railroad tracks. Frazier and Sarah Stanton then moved down to the sidewalk in front of the TSBD and talked with other bystanders.

I have completed my reading of Mr. Frazier's book. The book is an autobiography and describes a lot of family events in a very private and humble way. One can only sympathise with Mr. Frazier and appreciate his sharing of many private details with his readers.

For us, the assassination buffs, the book does raise a number of questions. There are several points necessitating more probing.

One is the complete lack of any mentioning of his interview for the House Select Committee on Assassinations. The House Select Committee on Assassination (1976-1978) recognised the importance of Buell Wesley Frazier's knowledge of Lee Oswald and made an interview with him on October 21, 1977. The tapes containing the interview with Buell Wesley Frazier were eventually deposited at the National Archives at College Park, Bethesda, Maryland. The Councell (Mr. Moriarty) did mention that both a copy of the tape and a copy of the transcript of the interview would be sent to Buell Wesley Frazier. I do not know if this had happened, however, I certainly miss the transcript of this interview in his book. The book contains Mr. Frazier's testimonies for Clay Shaw trial and for the Warren Commission, with details about the venues etc., however, there is a complete silence about his HSCA interview.

I was also puzzled with the description of Lee Oswald's hair. This is Mr. Frazier's answer during Clay Shaw trial:

Q: What colored hair did Lee Harvey Oswald have, as you recalled?

A:  He had a light colored hair. It looked like he had blond, kind of blond browny, maybe it had a red tint to it.

I seriously doubt that this is a correct description of Lee Oswald's hair. 

Also, Mr. Frazier tended to place both Bill Shelley and Billy Lovelady to the lower steps across his testimonies or interviews. However, both men were just 2-3 feet away from him during and immediately after the shooting. This, together with the lack of awareness of a police officer who stormed near him to the building while he was still on steps, suggests that there were some serious gaps in Mr. Frazier's recollection of details.

In contrast to these memory lapses, Mr. Frazier newly explained the reasons of his fear that had accompanied him since the day of assassination. It was related to his witnessing of a man with a rifle in the area in front of the Depository. Mr. Frazier saw this man when he (Frazier) went out to find Lovelady and Shelley. Mr. Frazier was just 20 yards away from the steps and just turned around to walk back when he saw a man with a rifle walking from the area of railroad tracks or Grassy Knoll. Mr. Frazier provided a detailed description of this man: he wore light-beige slacks with a white shirt and a tie amd light brown shoes, and he had a brown-colored plaid tweed sport coat with a brown fedora; he was apparently in his late thirties. By that time Mr. Frazier knew President had been shot and he was terrified seeing a person with a rifle who would not be dressed as a police officer. That man looked at Mr. Frazier and Mr. Frazier said: "Don't worry, I didn't see anything". The man opened the trunk of his car and Frazier saw a shotgun in the trunk. 

It is not clear to me why Mr. Frazier did not report to any police officer, and there were plenty around in the building after he returned. He could also tell about this encounter during his late afternoon and night interrogation at Police headquarters. Mr. Frazier explained that he was scared for the life of his sister and family and of his own because the next day he saw a man in a parked car across the street of their Irving house who had a rifle. His sister called Police and the police arrived and appeared to know the man; the car left after the police car left. While this second encounter could have triggered a good deal of fear, this incident happened one day later after the assassination and Mr. Frazier had all time needed to report the presence of the first man with a rifle whom he encountered in front of the Depository building a day ago. What had stopped Mr. Frazier to say anything about that man?

Edited by Andrej Stancak