The Education Forum

Buell Frazier's Book Set For 2020 Release

Rob Clark

I've long believed the gun(s) in the trunk(s) of cars on the Grassy Knoll is a realistic possibility.  Shoot.  Throw the gun in the trunk.  Slam the lid.  Walk away.  None were ever searched.  

I guess nobody in the DPD thought to do so in the investigation of the death of the president.  Incompetence?  No, they had their man, quickly.

But I doubt Fraizer saw anyone put a rifle in a trunk 20 yards from the frond door of the TSBD.

Edited by Ron Bulman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, the GK is the classic ambush, just like in the movies. The rifle man taking the high ground, the unsuspecting victim riding below through the canyon.

But there were no empty plains above the canyon for the rifle man to escape unnoticed. The planners would have known this. I have already mentioned the overlooking tower complete with observer, and that the area was fully expected to have cops converge on it immediately. Decker made sure the cops converged, and they did.

The planners had a "Secret Service" guy in that area, just like the "Secret Service" at the TSBD loading dock. These guys were there as arranged, to watch and report in real time.

If the GK site was a shooting platform, you would have to believe that the planners informed the shooter that he would be observed from the tower and that they told the shooter that cops would be heading his way within 20 seconds.

Just say a cop collared the rifle man. What then? There would have been a cop cuffing a guy surrounded by hundreds of people. No Oswald from that point on.

15 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

I think Buell made a mistake allowing his book to become too much of an autobiography.

Vince:

But this is also the strength of this book in the sense of deterring the assassination researchers to ask questions and seek answers from Mr. Frazier. It is just an autobiography after all.

As I understand from the silence on his Facebook page, Mr. Frazier has no intention to answer questions. And there are so many.

On page 52, Mr. Frazier writes about being invited by his coworkers in the Depository to go for a beer together to the Carousel Club. Who were these coworkers? No answer, unfortunately.

As I mentioned before, Buell Wesley Frazier was interviewed for the House Select Committee on Assassination in 1977. However, there is just no mention of this 4-hour long interview. Why?

How it is possible not to mention sighting of Lee Oswald just minutes after the shooting,while testifying for the Warren Commission that he had not seen him any longer that day because he went down to basement to have lunch? 

Why could he not say to any law enforcement officer about seeing a man with a rifle in an area between Depository and railroad tracks within a minute of shooting? He could have said this to any ranking officers in the Depository and instead of the inaccurate bulletin about a man of 30 years age, Police could have issued a quite an accurate description of the man and his car. Why instead assuring that suspicious person about not seeing anything?  

Did he really know Charles Harrelson and members of Dixie mafia at the time when he was about to leave for Dallas in 1963? Could there be a plan to place Mr. Frazier into Texas School Book Depository in summer 1963? Could it be that Mr. Frazier associated that unknown man whom he encountered after the shooting with those people? Could it be that it was the moment when he decided to steer truth to oblivion?

Did he ever had any suspicion about the content of the elongated package? The package clearly could not contain any curtain rods - the room at North Beckley only required three rods (or one very long which obviously was not a rod carried by Lee Oswald) and the rods would be lightweight - they would certainly not provide for a bulky package  described by his sister.  One does not need a package 5-6 inches wide to carry three rods each of a diameter of a finger.

What is the reason of not having any memory recollections of people standing near him during or immediately after the shooting (except mentioning a heavy set lady names Sara as standing to the left of him). How could he not recall Officer Baker and Roy Truly storming into the building and shuffling people on steps away? These memory lapses are not due to the long period of time elapsing since the event; Mr. Frazier never described in detail who was with him in the doorway. 

Why would Mr. Frazier describe Lee's hair as blonde?

Edited by Andrej Stancak

8 hours ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Vince:

But this is also the strength of this book in the sense of deterring the assassination researchers to ask questions and seek answers from Mr. Frazier. It is just an autobiography after all.

As I understand from the silence on his Facebook page, Mr. Frazier has no intention to answer questions. And there are so many.

On page 52, Mr. Frazier writes about being invited by his coworkers in the Depository to go for a beer together to the Carousel Club. Who were these coworkers? No answer, unfortunately.

As I mentioned before, Buell Wesley Frazier was interviewed for the House Select Committee on Assassination in 1977. However, there is just no mention of this 4-hour long interview. Why?

How it is possible not to mention sighting of Lee Oswald just minutes after the shooting,while testifying for the Warren Commission that he had not seen him any longer that day because he went down to basement to have lunch? 

Why could he not say to any law enforcement officer about seeing a man with a rifle in an area between Depository and railroad tracks within a minute of shooting? He could have said this to any ranking officers in the Depository and instead of the inaccurate bulletin about a man of 30 years age, Police could have issued a quite an accurate description of the man and his car. Why instead assuring that suspicious person about not seeing anything?  

Did he really know Charles Harrelson and members of Dixie mafia at the time when he was about to leave for Dallas in 1963? Could there be a plan to place Mr. Frazier into Texas School Book Depository in summer 1963? Could it be that Mr. Frazier associated that unknown man whom he encountered after the shooting with those people? Could it be that it was the moment when he decided to steer truth to oblivion?

Did he ever had any suspicion about the content of the elongated package? The package clearly could not contain any curtain rods - the room at North Beckley only required three rods (or one very long which obviously was not a rod carried by Lee Oswald) and the rods would be lightweight - they would certainly not provide for a bulky package  described by his sister.  One does not need a package 5-6 inches wide to carry three rods each of a diameter of a finger.

What is the reason of not having any memory recollections of people standing near him during or immediately after the shooting (except mentioning a heavy set lady names Sara as standing to the left of him). How could he not recall Officer Baker and Roy Truly storming into the building and shuffling people on steps away? These memory lapses are not due to the long period of time elapsing since the event; Mr. Frazier never described in detail who was with him in the doorway. 

I agree with your assessment.

8 hours ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Vince:

One lone-nutter, Todd Vaughan, is livid at Buell for his 57-year old revelation about the gunman he allegedly saw.

20 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

Frazier says;

When he walked up and I saw him with the rifle, my heart jumped into my throat. I knew the president had been shot, and I was now face-to-face with someone not in police clothing carrying a weapon.

I was terrified.

He bored a hole right through me with his brown eyes, and I said, "Don't worry, I didn't see anything". 

But his appetite was not affected. He went straight to the basement and ate his lunch ...

Well put! Good point.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, Andrej Stancak said:

He neither has the audio or transcript of the 2 interviews. He didn’t know that the audio of them are available on YouTube, my channel, until I told him. His book was already published by then.

Denis:

my point was that Mr. Frazier did not even mention his HSCA interview in his autobiography, while he did mention Clay Shaw trial (and of course, his Warren Commission testimony). It certainly could be the case that he did not receive either the tape or the transcript, however, he still could at least mention it and give some details.

On 4/16/2021 at 4:48 PM, Vince Palamara said:

Well put! Good point.

Yes, agree.

It seemed almost everyone in Dealey Plaza and employees of the TXSBD were so emotionally upset at what happened with the shooting and fearing the worst regards JFK himself that they were sick with worry and grief.

Plus having armed police running to and fro must have just added to the fear, anxiety and angst.

All in all a real appetite killer imo.

It would be hard to imagine any of the eye witnesses in Dealey Plaza going off for a lunch break just minutes after the worst in a lifetime traumatic scene they were just thrust into seconds and minutes earlier.

Sick to their stomach worrying that the President of the United States, who was just shot feet from them, may be seriously wounded or even dead!

I'm thinking not just those in the lower incline Plaza area who actually saw JFK's head explode but everyone else farther back who were hearing that JFK had just been shot.

If I saw a non-police looking man throwing a rifle into a car trunk 20 feet in front of me in that frantic scene and was so shook up at not just seeing this but then having such a sinister looking man glare at me with a look so threatening and scary I felt compelled to say to the man..."I didn't see anything", getting a bite to eat just minutes later doesn't seem likely to me.

Heck, myself and everyone else in my junior high school in California ( teachers crying ) were just sick with shock and sadness when we were told the news.

We were all sent to our home rooms, told the news and within one hour sent home. All before our lunch time. No lunch that day for anyone.

I remember walking the one and 1/2 miles to my home and feeling the shock and horror energy as I walked through our downtown area. Hardly any moving cars. Several parked with people listening to their radios. People standing on the sidewalks and in open doorways talking to each other somberly.

When I got home my mom was glued to the TV and didn't say anything to me upon my arrival. I also immediately went upstairs to turn on the junky old TV my brother and I got in our bedroom after our cheap step dad finally broke down and bought a new color TV for the living room.

I stayed glued to it for days, up until I watched Jack Ruby whack Oswald in the Dallas Police station building live on Sunday morning.

The point is, I don't think I even thought about eating my bag lunch that day.

And I was 1500 miles from Dealey Plaza!

Ah, but the intrepid JFK high alert security minded and whacko list informed "Assignment Oswald", Inspector Jacques Clouseau look-a-like FBI agent James P. Hosty was having lunch in a downtown Dallas diner during the motorcade and shooting.

Let's have lunch my friend!

But inspector...do you not think it may be wise to wait until the dangerous motorcade is over and the President is safely arrived to the Trade Mart?

Ah, no need to worry my friend...zee appetite cannot wait ... you know?

That old Alfred E. Newman saying comes to mind as well regarding "Assignment Oswald" Hosty's ill timed lunch break...."What - Me Worry?"

Edited by Joe Bauer

7 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Yes, agree.

It seemed almost everyone in Dealey Plaza and employees of the TXSBD were so emotionally upset at what happened with the shooting and fearing the worst regards JFK himself that they were sick with worry and grief.

Plus having armed police running to and fro must have just added to the fear, anxiety and angst.

All in all a real appetite killer imo.

It would be hard to imagine any of the eye witnesses in Dealey Plaza going off for a lunch break just minutes after the worst in a lifetime traumatic scene they were just thrust into seconds and minutes earlier.

Sick to their stomach worrying that the President of the United States, who was just shot feet from them, may be seriously wounded or even dead!

I'm thinking not just those in the lower incline Plaza area who actually saw JFK's head explode but everyone else farther back who were hearing that JFK had just been shot.

If I saw a non-police looking man throwing a rifle into a car trunk 20 feet in front of me in that frantic scene and was so shook up at not just seeing this but then having such a sinister looking man glare at me with a look so threatening and scary I felt compelled to say to the man..."I didn't see anything", getting a bite to eat just minutes later doesn't seem likely to me.

Heck, myself and everyone else in my junior high school in California ( teachers crying ) were just sick with shock and sadness when we were told the news.

We were all sent to our home rooms, told the news and within one hour sent home. All before our lunch time. No lunch that day for anyone.

I remember walking the one and 1/2 miles to my home and feeling the shock and horror energy as I walked through our downtown area. Hardly any moving cars. Several parked with people listening to their radios. People standing on the sidewalks and in open doorways talking to each other somberly.

When I got home my mom was glued to the TV and didn't say anything to me upon my arrival. I also immediately went upstairs to turn on the junky old TV my brother and I got in our bedroom after our step dad bought a new color TV for the living room. I stayed glued to that it seemed like days, up until I watched Jack Ruby whack Oswald in the Dallas Police station building live on Sunday morning.

The point is, I don't think I even thought about eating my bag lunch that day.

And I was 1500 miles from Dealey Plaza!

Ah, but the intrepid JFK high alert security minded and whacko list informed "Assignment Oswald", Inspector Jacques Clouseau look-a-like FBI agent James P. Hosty was having lunch in a downtown Dallas diner during the motorcade and shooting.

Lets have lunch my friend!

But inspector...do you not think it may be wise to wait until the dangerous motorcade is over and the President is safely arrived to the Trade Mart?

Ah, no need to worry my friend...zee appetite cannot wait ... you know?

That old Alfred E. Newman saying comes to mind as well regarding "Assignment Oswald" Hosty's ill timed lunch break...."What - Me Worry?"

Good points. I always remember newsman Eddie Barker telling of his astonishment that some fella at the Trade Mart sat there quietly eating his steak dinner when everyone else was crying and not eating, worrying about the president who never came to speak, then hearing that he died. How that guy could eat a meal at that time is actually disturbing (and, no-he was never identified).

• 10 months later...
On 4/13/2021 at 7:28 PM, Denis Morissette said:

I informed Frazier about the complete audio of his HSCA interview I posted on my YouTube channel. He was pleased by that. He said he neither have any copy of it or any transcript of it. Yet some of those who know that I do and worked with him with his book never informed him of it. I’m used to have my material ignored, so I’m not surprised nobody wanted to let him know. I asked him if he remembers Warren Caster or anyone else with a rifle in the TSBD in the days prior to the assassination. He does not.

That is odd. In the context of a discussion of the Mauser vs. Carcano issue on the sixth floor, page 317 of The Lone Star Speaks (2020), eds. Sara Peterson and K.W. Zachry (bold added, italics not added):

"Buell Wesley Frazier shed a little light on this confusing situation when he told the authors in May 2015 that he recalled seeing a Mauser in the School Book Depository on November 20, 1963, two days before the assassination. It belonged to Warren Caster, an employee with Southwestern Publishing Company. Southwestern Publishing Company was then located on the second floor of the Depository. Caster was proud of his rifles and brought in both a Mauser and a .22-caliber rifle to show to Frazier's supervisors, William Shelley and Roy Truly, as well as to some of his fellow workers two days before the assassination. Other workers verified seeing Caster displaying these two rifles on November 20, 1963."

An endnote following the first sentence above reads: "Frazier, Buel [sic] Wesley. Interview in person with the authors on May 15, 2015 and via telephone on May 30, 2015. All of his information and quotes are attributes [sic] to these interviews."

I wonder what the explanation is to these diametrically opposed claims reported from the same witness.

• 3 months later...