The Education Forum

Please forgive me if this is half-baked. I'm still trying to work this out in my mind. I haven't thought it all the way through yet.

That itty bitty piece of paper. Who woulda thunk it?

That itty bitty piece of paper could be the key that unravels the case of the JFK murder mystery.

Notice that I said, "unravels" and not solves, but it definitely shoots a hole in the official story we've been given.

Will Fritz told the Warren Commission that before he went in to talk to Oswald following Oswald's arrest, an officer told him out in the hall that Oswald lived on Beckley. How would that officer have known that?

Arthur C. Johnson, the husband of the owner of the rooming house on Beckley told the Warren Commission (10H303)
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_a.htm

Mr. JOHNSON. Well, they just came down there looking for--uh--Oswald.
Mr. BELIN. Did they say what his full name was?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes, I believe they did.
Mr. BELIN. Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mr. JOHNSON. I believe they did.
Mr. BELIN. Did they say how they happened to come there?
Mr. JOHNSON. "Well, uh--after he was--uh--apprehended out there, they searched him and found my address in his pocket.
Mr. BELIN. Your address of 1026 North Beckley?
Mr. JOHNSON. That's right.

Gladys Johnson told the Warren Commission that;

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_g.htm

Mr. BALL. Did you ever know his true name was Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No; not until we saw his picture flash on the television as the officers were out. Those particulars was found in his pocket after he killed Tippit, after his arrest.

Since the register sheet with O.H. Lee's name on it was in the Johnson's possession, that couldn't been one of the "particulars" Mrs. Johnson was talking about.

Mick Purdy wrote in the ROKC Forum 12/08/2019

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t1180p125-did-oswald-deny-living-at-1026-n-beckley

Washington Post reporter and Editor and General Manager of the Texas Observer, Ronnie Duggar

image.png.3d026493757e0e36e4e7ff6599c9b7bd.png

Duggar interviews Johnson perhaps in the 1966-67 time frame?

Bart Kamp posted this in the ROKC Forum 02/08/2020 concerning a 1977 interview Gladys Johnson had with the HSCA:

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t1180p125-did-oswald-deny-living-at-1026-n-beckley

image.png.764d702feb1c5bc828f6385c58df4fed.png

1) Either that little piece of paper existed;, or,

2) It didn’t

1) If the piece of paper with the Beckley St. address on it did exist, evidence of its existence was supressed. It wasn’t mentioned by

a) any policeman who drove Oswald from the Theater to police headquarters,

b) any policeman who searched Oswald while he was at police headquarters,

c) any policeman, David Johnston, or Bill Alexander, who arrived at the Beckley St. residence on the 22nd,.

d) any inventory sheet of the property seized at Beckley.

If the sheet of paper did exist and evidence of it was suppressed, it could mean that the police knew about Oswald and his whereabouts and that either,

a) he was under surveillance; or,

b) he was not under surveillance, but the police had to manufacture a reason for how they came about going to Beckley; or,

c) he was framed

2) If the paper did not exist, it would mean either;

a) the Johnsons lied; or,

b) the Johnson’s really were told by the police that such a piece of paper existed.

What would be the motive for the Johnsons to lie? If the Johnsons were lying, it’s a lie that Gladys Johnson maintained for more than 14 years.

I think the Johnsons really were told that such a piece of paper existed, and that the police lied to the Johnsons to justify how they came to be at Beckley.

Some element of the Dallas Police Department, but not the Criminal Intelligence Section of the Special Service Bureau, knew about Oswald prior to the assassination.

Someone with ties to military intelligence perhaps?

Steve Thomas

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I certainly believe the Harlandale house has something to do with all this but I've come to find that it used by a variety of Cuban exiles, some of whom were Alpha 66 members and some DRE and others belonging to both groups.  The DRE was far more active at that point of time (Alpha 66 was doing nothing much more then recruiting and fund raising), involved in efforts to buy weapons and being investigated locally in regard to that in a joint military intelligence / FBI sting.  Its not unlikely members of the group were under observation, the house may well have been as well. And that is very possibly the association that Hosty was referring to in his remark. The observation may have occurred at the house, or elsewhere.

Of course by that time Oswald was known by the general exile community as being supportive of the FPCC and Castro so he had to be manipulated in a very limited and probably convoluted fashion - and likely not more that doing something to position him and keep him in play, available as a patsy (with a new baby and his marital situation what it was he was way to unpredictable to have as a major part of any plan).  As an example, he was looking for work elsewhere while at the TSBD, no doubt they wanted to keep him there.

As to planting a rifle that could be connected to him, easily done in a number of ways - certainly not in a fashion so that he would know it was in the building; that would have set him off immediately and he was way to calm for that.

As to the car and the DCM, well it did happen, that is for certain.  But I can't think of anything more risky and stupid than to plan a pick up on Elm Street after the shooting so whatever that was it must have been somewhat by chance - I've worked on blow ups of the photo showing the guy coming down the hill and it appears to actually be two people together for a time.  Its more than a little suspicious but I really am not sure what it means at this point. Perhaps whoever it was had been inserted for overwatch on Oswald, or to contact him and lead him away and that failed.  I'm open to ideas but as with a lot else after the shooting, it is really unclear to me at present, but it appears to me clear that something went off track pretty quickly and Oswald was certainly not intended to be left alive, much less in custody.  

15 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Please forgive me if this is half-baked. I'm still trying to work this out in my mind. I haven't thought it all the way through yet.

That itty bitty piece of paper. Who woulda thunk it?

That itty bitty piece of paper could be the key that unravels the case of the JFK murder mystery.

Notice that I said, "unravels" and not solves, but it definitely shoots a hole in the official story we've been given.

Will Fritz told the Warren Commission that before he went in to talk to Oswald following Oswald's arrest, an officer told him out in the hall that Oswald lived on Beckley. How would that officer have known that?

Arthur C. Johnson, the husband of the owner of the rooming house on Beckley told the Warren Commission (10H303)
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_a.htm

Mr. JOHNSON. Well, they just came down there looking for--uh--Oswald.
Mr. BELIN. Did they say what his full name was?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes, I believe they did.
Mr. BELIN. Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mr. JOHNSON. I believe they did.
Mr. BELIN. Did they say how they happened to come there?
Mr. JOHNSON. "Well, uh--after he was--uh--apprehended out there, they searched him and found my address in his pocket.
Mr. BELIN. Your address of 1026 North Beckley?
Mr. JOHNSON. That's right.

Gladys Johnson told the Warren Commission that;

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_g.htm

Mr. BALL. Did you ever know his true name was Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No; not until we saw his picture flash on the television as the officers were out. Those particulars was found in his pocket after he killed Tippit, after his arrest.

Since the register sheet with O.H. Lee's name on it was in the Johnson's possession, that couldn't been one of the "particulars" Mrs. Johnson was talking about.

Mick Purdy wrote in the ROKC Forum 12/08/2019

Washington Post reporter and Editor and General Manager of the Texas Observer, Ronnie Duggar

image.png.3d026493757e0e36e4e7ff6599c9b7bd.png

Duggar interviews Johnson perhaps in the 1966-67 time frame?

Bart Kamp posted this in the ROKC Forum 02/08/2020 concerning a 1977 interview Gladys Johnson had with the HSCA:

image.png.764d702feb1c5bc828f6385c58df4fed.png

1) Either that little piece of paper existed;, or,

2) It didn’t

1) If the piece of paper with the Beckley St. address on it did exist, evidence of its existence was supressed. It wasn’t mentioned by

a) any policeman who drove Oswald from the Theater to police headquarters,

b) any policeman who searched Oswald while he was at police headquarters,

c) any policeman, David Johnston, or Bill Alexander, who arrived at the Beckley St. residence on the 22nd,.

d) any inventory sheet of the property seized at Beckley.

If the sheet of paper did exist and evidence of it was suppressed, it could mean that the police knew about Oswald and his whereabouts and that either,

a) he was under surveillance; or,

b) he was not under surveillance, but the police had to manufacture a reason for how they came about going to Beckley; or,

c) he was framed

2) If the paper did not exist, it would mean either;

a) the Johnsons lied; or,

b) the Johnson’s really were told by the police that such a piece of paper existed.

What would be the motive for the Johnsons to lie? If the Johnsons were lying, it’s a lie that Gladys Johnson maintained for more than 14 years.

I think the Johnsons really were told that such a piece of paper existed, and that the police lied to the Johnsons to justify how they came to be at Beckley.

Some element of the Dallas Police Department, but not the Criminal Intelligence Section of the Special Service Bureau, knew about Oswald prior to the assassination.

Someone with ties to military intelligence perhaps?

Steve Thomas

Beautiful sight when laid out.

Seemed the cops were DESPERATE to tie Oswald to Beckley.

The frame and its players, the particulars and details.

I still want to see Saturdays search warrant, wherever they hid it.

Cheers,

Ed

15 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

As to the car and the DCM, well it did happen, that is for certain.  But I can't think of anything more risky and stupid than to plan a pick up on Elm Street after the shooting so whatever that was it must have been somewhat by chance -

Unless the whole idea of that event was to create witnesses noticing the escape, including witnessing that the driver was Cuban --a setup that could imply a Cuban conspiracy.

For about a year, I've been chewing on an idea.  The idea that witnesses were meant to see "movement in the windows of the TSBD", to observe "men with guns", to see "someone who resembled Oswald".  Some of the witnesses who described what they saw, seemed to me to be describing a kind of "laid back" demeanor --almost as if they were trying to be noticed.  Heck, even Umbrella Man and Fist Man were obviously suspicious.

Maybe this was all, in the beginning, to implicate the Cuban government.

16 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

As an example, he was looking for work elsewhere while at the TSBD, no doubt they wanted to keep him there.

RUTH PAINE, BLESS HER HEART, HELPED IMMENSELY IN GETTING HIM INTO THE TSBD AND KEEPING OTHER WORK OFFERS FROM REACHING HIM.

HER QUAKERLY EXCUSES ARE CLEARLY COVERS.

As to planting a rifle that could be connected to him, easily done in a number of ways - certainly not in a fashion so that he would know it was in the building; that would have set him off immediately and he was way to calm for that.

AGREED AS HE NEVER ORDERED, RECEIVED OR OWNED SUCH RIFLE.

BUT ASTONISHINGLY THE DPD COME UP WITH PHOTOS ... PHOTOS THAT HAVE A TOO SMALL LEE, AND SHADOWS THAT MOVE OPPOSITE THE OTHERS.

WAY TOO CALM BEING SHOWN FAKE PHOTOS OF YOURSELF HOLDING DIAMETRICALLY OPPOSED PAPERS AND CONVENIENTLY THEE MURDER WEAPONS.

AND IN A SIMILAR FASHION HE WOULD NOT KNOW ABOUT ANY COP BEING MURDERED IN OAK CLIFF WHILST BEING ON A BUS AND IN A THEATER.

THUS ANY DUCKING OR DODGING COP CARS ON JEFFERSON IS PURE FANTASY. AS NO COP CARS WENT PAST THE SHOE STORE IT WOULD BE WHOLLY UNNECESSARY.

DETAILS.

ANY RIFLE "FOUND" WOULD OF COURSE BE TRACED TO ANY SUSPECT THEY WANTED IT TRACED BACK TO... THE FEDS AND DPD WERE NO ANGELS AND DO HAVE TRACK RECORDS AND HISTORY, WE MUST INCLUDE IT HERE.

As to the car and the DCM, well it did happen, that is for certain.  But I can't think of anything more risky and stupid than to plan a pick up on Elm Street after the shooting so whatever that was it must have been somewhat by chance - I've worked on blow ups of the photo showing the guy coming down the hill and it appears to actually be two people together for a time.  Its more than a little suspicious but I really am not sure what it means at this point. Perhaps whoever it was had been inserted for overwatch on Oswald, or to contact him and lead him away and that failed.  I'm open to ideas but as with a lot else after the shooting, it is really unclear to me at present, but it appears to me clear that something went off track pretty quickly and Oswald was certainly not intended to be left alive, much less in custody.  

HE FIGURES HE WAS BEING SET UP AS HE SAYS "TAKING ME IN BECAUSE I LIVED IN RUSSIA" AND ALSO TELLS US HE IS JUST A PATSY.

SHOUTING OUT "IM NOT RESISTING" IN A STILL OCCUPIED THEATER SAVES HIS LIFE.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHETHER TO BELIEVE LEE SAID IT WAS RUTH'S CAR IN RESPONSE TO LEAVING OR ENTERING THE TSBD TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST. OR WAS IT ABOUT TRANSPORTATION OF THE RIFLE TO THE TSBD.

WERE THEY PRESSURING HIM WITH RUTH BEING CHARGED AS AN ACCOMPLICE OR CONSPIRATOR FOR SOME TRANSPORTATION OF A SUPPOSED RIFLE FROM N.O.?

UNFORTUNATELY HOSTY WAS GONE BY THE TIME THIS HAPPENED. SO NO NOTES TO REVEAL WHAT DID OR DID HAPPEN WITH RUTH'S NAME BEING INSERTED.

BUT IM SKEPTICAL OF THE STORY AS TOLD. ITS WISHY WASHY AND ALSO HAS TWO VERSIONS 

LIKE MUCH OF WHAT WE ARE TOLD BY FRITZ THAT LEE SAID IS NOT IN LEE'S WORDS AT ALL AND IS MORE AKIN TO STREET PUNKS FRITZ IMPRISONED.,  NOT SUPPORTED BY THE NOTES EITHER.

CHEERS, ED

Edited by Ed LeDoux

46 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Unless the whole idea of that event was to create witnesses noticing the escape, including witnessing that the driver was Cuban --a setup that could imply a Cuban conspiracy.

For about a year, I've been chewing on an idea.  The idea that witnesses were meant to see "movement in the windows of the TSBD", to observe "men with guns", to see "someone who resembled Oswald".  Some of the witnesses who described what they saw, seemed to me to be describing a kind of "laid back" demeanor --almost as if they were trying to be noticed.  Heck, even Umbrella Man and Fist Man were obviously suspicious.

Maybe this was all, in the beginning, to implicate the Cuban government.

Creating witnesses could be a negative effect. Thus why two assassins are shown if only one patsy was needed..?

Likewise if there were plants in the crowd, how effective they were is seen by the length of time between shooting and first finding of the so called snipers nest.

That took way too long for a real live shooter tracking the target, taking aim, firing, feverishly working the bolt, aiming, reacquire the target, firing, feverishly working the bolt, aiming, reacquire the target and firing...supposedly waiting to see if target was hit...some even claim a slow withdrawal of rifle from the window.

Thusly.

If it took longer than a few seconds to point out the exact window you witnessed shots being fired from and what you saw...

then you didnt see a active shooter.

Your mind told you stuff your eyes didn't witness.

Boxes were men with guns. Just ask Robert Groden, I believe he interviewed one of the boxes.. oy vey.

Brennan is moot. Eunis less than that.

The hundreds of sane rational people witnesses to the event sure as hell did not solely and immediately point to the TSBD.

They in fact all went or looked to the railroad yard and triple underpass area.

And that's a fact jack!

Many sane rational people went directly back inside the TSBD. Not chasing any sniper but went back to work.

A broom or mop might be taken for a rifle, after the fact, in an upper floors window.

There were others who had no alibi but each other. Jack Dougherty (Gee where is this 'innocent' mans photo????) and Piper. (Fbi photographs Piper and West) Jack mentioned being up on Six about the time he hears one loud noise. But he is a white male... not to be confused with the supposed male white shooter Jack must of been so ugly his family didn't love him enough to take pictures it seems. The fbi too must have taken one look at Dougherty and said no thanks, no film in the camera, just four empty frames for Piper and West... no more film available to get a image of a man admittedly up on Six about the time...

Good thing Jack didnt see any action in the Military as he had to ask Piper what the noise was. Piper, somehow, knows better 5 floors lower what the noise was.

Yep all sounds perfectly logical doesn't it Paul.

Cheers, Ed

9 hours ago, Ed LeDoux said:

Beautiful sight when laid out.

Seemed the cops were DESPERATE to tie Oswald to Beckley.

The frame and its players, the particulars and details.

I still want to see Saturdays search warrant, wherever they hid it.

Cheers,

Ed

CE1986 is the list of contents of Oswald's one and only inventoried Wallet...  nothing listed has the Beckley Address

We've all seen the frame grab of 2 men looking at a wallet at 10th and Patton...  that has to be occurring just around 2pm or so.  Many feel this is Westbrook
with the only reason for their being a real piece of fake evidence so early in the game would be to get DPD to Beckley...

my $.02

22115834_WalletatTippitscene.thumb.jpg.85fcc77e08b0161912bc2237b86b6079.jpg

The fact this occurred was never mentioned by anyone.... yet it seems to me the only way they could know that fast where Oswald's room was - and at the hands of WESTBROOK
the man in charge of personnel...  given how embroiled Westbrook appears to have been, his telling his buddies about 1026 Beckley and then having it disappear to history
seems par for the course....

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 8:42 AM, Ed LeDoux said:

Yep all sounds perfectly logical doesn't it Paul.

I don't completely grasp what you're saying to me in your post, but I'm able to see that you don't buy my idea that witnesses were meant (by the plotters) to see suspicious activity in the TSBD to divert attention away from the actual shooting positions.

My thoughts were prompted by the idea that the original plot may have been intended to implicate the Cuban government in the assassination.  In that case, it wouldn't matter how many men were observed in the TSBD, or who witnessed "Lee Harvey" Oswald running right out the front door into a car driven by another man.  It was only decided, after the fact, that the lie would be lone assassin.

In the end, though, it really doesn't matter.  I am still trying to make sense of all the convoluted evidence.  I'm not even sure I'm making any sense... just floating the idea to see what others thought.

Edited by Paul Bacon
additional comment

Paul, your idea is sound....regardless of whether it involved the TSBD or not (its pretty clear not much was drawing attention there when you look at the crowd reaction).   I have found no indication that the tactical team in the Plaza was at all concerned about creating an image of a single shooter, of it being an act of a lone nut.  They appear to have been quite happy - and even eager - to leave indications of multiple shooters and of individuals performing security duties in surveillance and overwatch, including intercepting police officers at various points.

The efforts to obfuscate and cover up what was obvious in the very beginning - a conspiracy with multiple shooters and even support personnel - left loose ends all over the place.

Actually I think just the opposite, they did not want a cover up at all.  They wanted conspiracy to be really obvious and to point via Oswald to Castro and Cuba.    It was the rush to damage control, obfuscation and cover up that defeated the second element of the conspiracy - even in the face of several media efforts by those involved to point matters towards Castro in the days following the assassination.  Media efforts coming out of New Orleans and Miami.

So.....

y'all don't think the Beckley address - known in advance - was placed on something within the disappearing wallet held and brought by WESTBROOK....

with all the Fritz, Decker et al blowing smoke about it after the fact....

Look who his 1959 buddies at FBI Academy were....   talk about hitting a sweet spot!

446249627_FBIclassof1959includesmanyfromJFLassassination-WESTBROOK-smaller.jpg.fa68489bb145b2446c8bd6f7c6e561cb.jpg

1 hour ago, Paul Bacon said:

My thoughts were prompted by the idea that the original plot may have been intended to implicate the Cuban government in the assassination.  In that case, it wouldn't matter how many men were observed in the TSBD, or who witnessed "Lee Harvey" Oswald running right out the front door into a car driven by another man.  It was only decided, after the fact, that the lie would be lone assassin.

Hi Paul...  you may be interested in Peter Dale Scott's Phase 1/2 theory of the assassination whereby you are dead-on...

Cuba/Russia are the desired targets for the JCS, CIA, FBI, etc.... and so much evidence is created initially to point in that direction...

Taking the Alvarado case as the perfect example... A Cuban pays Oswald to kill Kennedy - his story... (and classic DA Phillips SOP)

But then everything changes.... and he MUST recant the story since LHO was a Lone Nut, unconnected with anyone or anything....

"After a LONG INTERROGATION - HE CONFESSED...."

(edit:  btw his MOTIVE is also exactly what was desired for Phase 1) Hunt and/or Phillips couldn't have said it better themselves...)

1151494338_63-11-26AlvaradoisaNicauraguanstudetCIAasset-forweb.jpg.f692307df7a88f107f9df1d4f74a4ce5.jpg

(Thanks Bart)...

131205653_Afteralonginterrogation-ALVARADORECANTSaboutOswaldatCubanEmbassy.jpg.5c0feadea8e93bd9c94b168447d4e1de.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

Thanks to both of you Larry and David, you've just brought me to a new understanding!  And, thanks to you David, I'm seeing how this relates to the Mexico City events.  I've never fully comprehended what that was all about --it's been a weak point in my studying.  I get it now.

40 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Thanks to both of you Larry and David, you've just brought me to a new understanding!  And, thanks to you David, I'm seeing how this relates to the Mexico City events.  I've never fully comprehended what that was all about --it's been a weak point in my studying.  I get it now.

Great to hear Paul....  best compliment I could get here.....  greater understanding....

There are a number of great writers discussing those 5 days in Sept/Oct...  I choose to look at what the FBI did to "prove" he went and came back only to find 1500 documents trying to hide the fact he didn't.  (at least from my interpretation)

Bringing full circle to Beckley....  I've maintained a challenge to all for many years: 

Can we name any Evidence in this case which can be AUTHENTICATED as Real Evidence....  whether by design or not, the duplicity inherent to the "Evidence" is rampant.

Why this should suddenly not apply to 1026 Beckley with a "Herbert Leon Lee" living there and not a single piece of evidence to direct the PD/Sheriffs there (except maybe the Westbrook Wallet) is almost as absurd as thinking the USA all-of-a-sudden got out of the assassination business in Nov 1963. 

From the FBI/CIA POV, why tell the complete truth about anything when you're framing an innocent man?

The following is adapted in part from a list prepared by William Blum for his book “Killing Hope”.
Assassinations and Attempted Assassinations
  • 1949 – Kim Koo, Korean opposition leader
  • 1950 – Zhou En-lai, Prime Minister of China (3 attempts)
  • 1950 – Sukarno, President of Indonesia
  • 1950 – Claro Recto, Philippines opposition leader
  • 1950 – Jose Figueres, President of Costa Rica, two attempts
  • 1951 – Kim Il Sung, Premier of North Korea
  • 1953 – Zhou En-lai, Prime Minister of China
  • 1953 – Mohammed Mossadegh, Prime Minister of Iran
  • 1955 – Jose Antonio Remon, President of Panama
  • 1955 – Jawaharlal Nehru, Prime Minister of India
  • 1955 – Jose Figueres, President of Costa Rica
  • 1957 – Gamal Abdul Nasser, President of Egypt
  • 1959 – Norodom Sihanouk, leader of Cambodia
  • 1960 – Brig. Gen. Abdul Karim Kassem, leader of Iraq
  • 1960 – Fidel Castro, President of Cuba (638 attempts)
  • 1960 – Raul Castro, high official in government of Cuba
  • 1961 – Francois “Papa Doc” Duvalier, leader of Haiti
  • 1961 – Dag Hammarskjöld, Secretary-General of the United Nations
  • 1961 – Patrice Lumumba, Prime Minister of the Congo (Zaire)
  • 1961 – Gen. Rafael Trujillo, leader of Dominican Republic
  • 1962 – Sukarno, President of Indonesia
  • 1963 – Ngo Dinh Diem, President of South Vietnam
  • 1963 – Norodom Sihanouk, leader of Cambodia
  • 1965 – Pierre Ngendandumwe, Prime Minister of Burundi
  • 1965 – Francisco Caamanao, Dominican Republic opposition leader
  • 1965 – Charles de Gaulle, President of France
  • 1967 – Che Guevara, Cuban leader
  • 1969 – Norodom Sihanouk, leader of Cambodia
  • 1970 – Salvador Allende, President of Chile
  • 1970 – Gen. Rene Schneider, Commander-in-Chief of Army, Chile
  • 1970 – General Omar Torrijos, leader of Panama
  • 1972 – General Manuel Noriega, Chief of Panama Intelligence
  • 1973 – Jose Figueres, President of Costa Rica
  • 1975 – Mobutu Sese Seko, President of Zaire
  • 1975 – King Faisal of Saudi Arabia
  • 1976 – Michael Manley, Prime Minister of Jamaica
  • 1979 – Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, Leader of Pakistan
  • 1980 – Muammar Qaddafi, leader of Libya, several attempts
  • 1981 – Gen. Rene Schneider, Commander-in-Chief of Army, Chile
  • 1981 – General Omar Torrijos, leader of Panama
  • 1982 – Ayatollah Khomeini, leader of Iran
  • 1983 – Gen. Ahmed Dlimi, Moroccan Army commander
  • 1983 – Miguel d’Escoto, Foreign Minister of Nicaragua
  • 1984 – The nine comandantes of the Nicaraguan Government – the Sandinista National Directorate
  • 1985 – Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, Lebanese Shiite leader (80 people killed in the attempt)
  • 1986 – Muammar Qaddafi, leader of Libya, several attempts
  • 1988 – General Mohammed Zia Ul-Haq, Military Leader of Pakistan
  • 1991 – Saddam Hussein, leader of Iraq
  • 1993 – Mohamed Farah Aideed, prominent clan leader of Somalia
  • 1998 – Osama bin Laden, leading Islamic militant
  • 1999 – Slobodan Milosevic, President of Yugoslavia
  • 1999 – Mullah Mohammad Omar, in Kandhar, Afghanistan
  • 2001 – Osama bin Laden, leading Islamic militant
  • 2002 – Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, Afghan Islamic leader and warlord
  • 2003 – Saddam Hussein and his two sons
  • 2011 – Moammar Ghaddafi, his cabinet members and his family