The Education Forum

Larry Rivera, The Twin "Lee Oswald" Cuban Consulate Visa Applications

I'm attaching the article as a PDF. If you would like it (issue 003) - and the others - in print of PDF, the link for all issues of garrison is:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/MidnightWriterNews

Thanks.

LR196-202.pdf

This is so interesting, and the signatures do not match.

David Jospehs has more comments on this and why it is ersatz.

Oswald, or whomever was impersonating him, made several trips to the Cuban Embassy. One explanation for the similar documents are different visa application numbers. Supposedly Duran had to help "Oswald" fill out his application...maybe something was wrong on his first attempt and had to fill out another on returning to the embassy. The visa application numbers to me look different. The official one is supposed to be 779. The beginning seven of each number looks different. Rivera is alleging both numbers to be 779, this does not appear to be the case. It also explains two different versions of the signatures. While not identical in size, the identifiers of how he wrote his "L"s, "H"s, and "O"s being the same. These documents were signed by the same person...Oswald or not. With one being an official one with the stamp, the other probably placed in a file and turned over with whatever else was in the Consulate paperwork file. I would also add that Rivera does not say where the other document was found or comes from. With his past track record of questionable research...i.e. The JFK Horsemen and alleging a limo stop long enough to for a motorcylcle cop to get off his bike and pick up a piece of skull and the whole Altgens 6 allegations of fakery with massive alteration going on to turn LHO into Billy Lovelady, association with Fetzer, CInque, and Hooke, I take his "research" with a grain of salt.

Edited by Rob Clark

48 minutes ago, Rob Clark said:

While not identical in size, the identifiers of how he wrote his "L"s, "H"s, and "O"s being the same. These documents were signed by the same person...

We can let people’s own eyes decide...  One wonders the reasons behind NOT showing Duran this Application... given how much she did... especially with helping him get photos made... :rolleyes:

Given we now know he was not there.... the applications are props... and right up Hunt’s alley and skill set.... just sayin’

5a0ca6017f4c0_2oswaldsignaturesonthe2Cubanconsulateapplicationdontmatch.jpg.948d690eb55387cb65be8a5c10b3cd36.jpg5a610ba79aed1_CIAdecisionNOTtoshowDurantheOswaldvisaapplication.thumb.png.9c0b03cd0fe0d31d87fd9ef9b8ab2611.png

And yet it seems the WC does not know the significance of this photo...

where does one get such a clean clear version and without staples, like the carbon copy of the app... what’s holding the photo to the carbon app?  Take a look at the exhibits....

5a610f1b3f20a_Photo_hsca_ex_194CubanConsualteVisaapplicationphotoandCE2788-VERYHIGHQUALimageofsamephoto.thumb.jpg.911409da1b9cd7effbe047de96b2e7d8.jpg

and how the 2 diff sigs compare to the hotels in Helsinki....

1674225339_oswaldhotelcardsfromhelsinkihavediffsignatureslikeCubanvisaAPP.jpg.55a135848cd42c0041ef7b0167a9ce8c.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

Rob:

I understand the inclination against Rivera.  

But he was not the first guy to point out the problems with this application.  David Josephs was.

Just as David was the first to point out the importance of Ochoa and Echeveria and pasting together a phony trial of evidence about Oswald traveling to and from Mexico City..

And here we are just before delivery of the published report Sept 22, 1964.... and they are STILL justifying Mexico City

Am I seeing things or is that actually Anne Goodpasture and DA Phillips in the signature stamp...

And really... how hard is it for the CIA to secure a Visa application from a consulate in which they have numerous assets.... ??

Quite amazing that in Sept of '64 they are still looking at authenticating the paper and the typewriter... did they not believe Duran??

B)  (edit:  btw - thanks Jim...  the idea that no one was at the Cuban or Russian consulates/embassies and that these were all just stories is reinforced by the contemporaneous Summary reports from the LI- projects as well as the fact not a single word about "the American visiting the Embassy" is heard spoken among any of the half-to-a-dozen High ranking Russian "diplomats" who were being recorded at the time)

83873504_64-09-22TYPEWRITERSSEEMTHESAME-attemptingtoobtainblankvisaapplication.thumb.jpg.d0224e2a424ee8e1670c6966f16414d8.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Rob:

I understand the inclination against Rivera.  

But he was not the first guy to point out the problems with this application.  David Josephs was.

Just as David was the first to point out the importance of Ochoa and Echeveria and pasting together a phony trial of evidence about Oswald traveling to and from Mexico City..

Ahhh.... so he nicked David's research with no credit? Why am I not suprised? 🙄

3 hours ago, David Josephs said:

And here we are just before delivery of the published report Sept 22, 1964.... and they are STILL justifying Mexico City

Am I seeing things or is that actually Anne Goodpasture and DA Phillips in the signature stamp...

And really... how hard is it for the CIA to secure a Visa application from a consulate in which they have numerous assets.... ??

Quite amazing that in Sept of '64 they are still looking at authenticating the paper and the typewriter... did they not believe Duran??

B)  (edit:  btw - thanks Jim...  the idea that no one was at the Cuban or Russian consulates/embassies and that these were all just stories is reinforced by the contemporaneous Summary reports from the LI- projects as well as the fact not a single word about "the American visiting the Embassy" is heard spoken among any of the half-to-a-dozen High ranking Russian "diplomats" who were being recorded at the time)

83873504_64-09-22TYPEWRITERSSEEMTHESAME-attemptingtoobtainblankvisaapplication.thumb.jpg.d0224e2a424ee8e1670c6966f16414d8.jpg

David,

I believe you are correct about the signatures of Anne Goodpasture and Phillips.  Also on this stamp is Allen White.   That would have been Dave Phillips supervisor at the time.   

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=255&relPageId=11&search=White

I also posted something on this other thread that made me realize something...

Both DURAN and AZCUE basically (or directly) say the person claiming to be Oswald was not the man Ruby killed....

So I have to wonder... how does Oswald's photo get onto those applications if the person at the Embassy wasn't Oswald?

18 minutes ago, Greg Kooyman said:

David,

I believe you are correct about the signatures of Anne Goodpasture and Phillips.  Also on this stamp is Allen White.   That would have been Dave Phillips supervisor at the time.   

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=255&relPageId=11&search=White

Thanks for confirmation Greg... Greatly appreciated... 

Below are 2 docs you may not have seen...  The first announces Phillips' arrival in Mexico... the second talks of a request for AMMO with a comment stating the ammo was .38 special ammo...  the coincidence is hard to ignore despite not really knowing what that specific discussion is about...  (Choaden is Phillips btw, if you didn't already know)

Take care and welcome to the Forum
DJ

1081716089_5bulletsfromOswaldcompartedtobulletsinammobelt.jpg.16315a4c4d3b733b5468031eedb5f659.jpg

5aa060713e99b_63-10-07PHILLIPStoMexicoCityOCT7.thumb.jpg.bfc404036180203dfa3890d3f231b6f9.jpg1171470736_63-10-02HSCAmicrofilmreel47104-10529-10119AMMOREQUESTEDnotrecd-38SPECIALAMMOPhillipsshouldbringupfromMexi.thumb.png.4bebfbd73158ce4d1efca4c07876a254.png1460534009_63-10-02HSCAmicrofilmreel47104-10529-10119AMMOREQUESTEDnotrecd-38SPECIALAMMOPhillipsshouldbringupfromMexi-CROPPED.jpg.f73d22eca9526465691c6378a8bbe8d1.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

55 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

So I have to wonder... how does Oswald's photo get onto those applications if the person at the Embassy wasn't Oswald?

Hi David- Am I remembering correctly that the photo in question was said by Marina to have been originally taken in the Soviet Union? Would others there have had access to it?

1 minute ago, Matt Allison said:

Hi David- Am I remembering correctly that the photo in question was said by Marina to have been originally taken in the Soviet Union? Would others there have had access to it?

I'm sorry Matt but anything Marina says has to be taken with some pessimism ... (see below)

imo.   img_1142_213_200.jpg

32 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Plus... we know there were multiple copies floating around as we have seen examples of the photo both with and without staple marks.

With regards to staples... All I refer to is the Carbon Copy of the application with the photo on it... it looks more like a bad photo copy and there are no staples holding the photo to the application like the original...  and below that are 2 other versions supposedly found with Oswald's possessions. 

Furthermore, Azcue places the date of this occurrence a day or 2 earlier....

2146438362_Duransaysshestapledbithphotostoapplication.thumb.jpg.d53b42559a16947e3767f96b36fffec2.jpg

1957054613_Visaapplicationphoto-2moreversionsfoundinOswaldpossessions.jpg.8083397c02aecea5c7262656c2367418.jpg

That does look like its Goodpasture and Phillips David.

And why would he be doing that if the bottom footer is in his alias letterhead?

Can you understand that one?