The Education Forum

Nazis Were Given ‘Safe Haven’ in U.S., Report Says

Douglas Caddy

• 11 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, Douglas Caddy said:

The report omitted the fact that Nazis were also given safe haven in other countries beside the US

I grew up with a family of Nazis who had come to the US with Wernher Von Braun.  I was distressed at how they had positioned themselves. I feel that, certainly in this case, our government went out of its way to make them not only feel at home in the US, but superior to its citizens.  

2 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

I grew up with a family of Nazis who had come to the US with Wernher Von Braun.  I was distressed at how they had positioned themselves. I feel that, certainly in this case, our government went out of its way to make them not only feel at home in the US, but superior to its citizens.  

The US  government considered the Nazis to be valuable assets because they are anti-communists and would aid them in the fight against communism at the time

21 hours ago, Calvin Ye said:

The US  government considered the Nazis to be valuable assets because they are anti-communists and would aid them in the fight against communism at the time

That's a good point. I agree. Unfortunately, our govt was comfortable forgetting about the events they had been involved in.  In this case, it was the use of slave labor at the Dora and Nordhausen plants where the rockets were built.  Our govt is nothing if not pragmatic in that respect...

1 hour ago, Pamela Brown said:

That's a good point. I agree. Unfortunately, our govt was comfortable forgetting about the events they had been involved in.  In this case, it was the use of slave labor at the Dora and Nordhausen plants where the rockets were built.  Our govt is nothing if not pragmatic in that respect...

Our government believed in the idea of never looking back and moving forward.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

23 hours ago, Calvin Ye said:

Our government believed in the idea of never looking back and moving forward.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

I agree. How quickly we assimilated Reinhold Gehlen into our intelligence agency, and then the Dulles brothers and James Angleton followed suit and enabled all of this.  JFK, on the other hand, saw through this.  He refused to follow their agendas on the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis.  He was, however, smitten with the dreams of Wernher Von Braun and quickly committed to going to the moon. By doing so, I think he firmly put himself in the crosshairs...

Edited by Pamela Brown