Jump to content
The Education Forum

Photo Specialists' Help


Recommended Posts

It is my understanding that there are two people leafletting with Oswald. One is Charles Steele. He is the "anglo."  I looked into it and he does not appear to be the Alpha 66 guy. The other is unknown. He is he one with the tie.  He is not Rafael Cruz.  I have some thoughts as to who it might be but a better still of the guy who be helpful if a comparison becomes possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:49 PM, Stu Wexler said:

It is my understanding that there are two people leafletting with Oswald. One is Charles Steele. He is the "anglo."  I looked into it and he does not appear to be the Alpha 66 guy. The other is unknown. He is he one with the tie.  He is not Rafael Cruz.  I have some thoughts as to who it might be but a better still of the guy who be helpful if a comparison becomes possible.

I was under the impression the man on the left was Charles Hall Steele Jr.

Please correct me if mistaken... thanks

DJ

 

122710536_CharlesSteeleJrDallasT-14-handedoutFPCCleafletswithOswald.jpg.99b7d66e62e4293259bba91f29510a8b.jpg1342428827_OswaldandSteeleJrFPCC-cropped.jpg.ebad18a9bce267ec22afa2b40e419cef.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

The photos of Cruz reminded me of someone I had seen in a photo of an ALPHA 66 meeting on Harlendale...

Is that him?

1169606432_HarlendaleAlpha66meeting-isthatCRUZSr..thumb.jpg.aaa02cdc86f8e2bc8df776f35d9fe135.jpg

 

 

What a remarkable likeness between the early Cruz arrest mug shot and the Alpha 66 chair sitting young man.

Same face shape, expression, mouth and lip and space between the nose and upper lip, thin chin, thin neck, high forehead and of course those big sticking out ears.

And Cruz himself has stated he was very active politically while living in Texas. The meeting man also looks to be the right age of Cruz during his time there. Great find David.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

What a remarkable likeness between the early Cruz arrest mug shot and the Alpha 66 chair sitting young man.

Same face shape, expression, mouth and lip and space between the nose and upper lip, thin chin, thin neck, high forehead and of course those big sticking out ears.

And Cruz himself has stated he was very active politically while living in Texas. The meeting man also looks to be the right age of Cruz during his time there. Great find David.

Thanks Joe...  now one step further... in the back of the room I find a man standing just as OSWALD stands in many of the images ... 
it's not an ID by any means - just suggestive...

Tilted head to the left, arms bent and at sides (never straight down), the crossed arms.... the blow-up is from just above the elder CRUZ's photo in the image I posted above.

Six degrees of separation B)

597167196_Alpha66meeting-maybeHarlendale-isthatOswald.thumb.jpg.ee6b05a44c8186d019da427907d7e224.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Oswald photo is too vague for me to see anything David. But that right arm extended with hand on the hip does seem familiar in other Oswald stances I think.

Edited by Joe Bauer
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, David Josephs said:

I was under the impression the man on the left was Charles Hall Steele Jr.

Please correct me if mistaken... thanks

DJ

 

122710536_CharlesSteeleJrDallasT-14-handedoutFPCCleafletswithOswald.jpg.99b7d66e62e4293259bba91f29510a8b.jpg1342428827_OswaldandSteeleJrFPCC-cropped.jpg.ebad18a9bce267ec22afa2b40e419cef.jpg

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.  Can I now go back and ask again does anyone know who this is?

Capture.jpg

I'm just guessing either Kerry Thornley or the real Lee Harvey Oswald?  Lee Oswald?  What's the use of having a double spy unless they both work the same area?  But, would they both be at the same event being filmed?  It appears that everyone knows they are being filmed.  The man with his backed turned does that throughout the film to avoid showing his face.     

I believe, if memory serves, Jim Garrison thought Kerry Thornley was involved in the pamphlet passing activity.

not-oswald-in-crowd.jpg

The man shown here is dressed the same as the man pointed out with the red arrow in the other photo.  He has the same skinny upper arm as versus the "Popeye" appearance of the lower arm.  IMO, we are looking at the same man.  We might be looking at Lee Oswald here.  This man resembles Harvey Oswald very much so that a lot of folks will identify this as Harvey Oswald.  They resembled each other, but were not identical.  Lee was supposedly taller and heavier.  But, that was in the military years before 1963.   Working with David Ferrie with the cancer rats he may have slimmed down considerably.  

If you saw this man on the street in NO and then months later asked to identify Harvey Oswald who would you say this man was?

Link to post
Share on other sites

DJ.

Just to the left of the older Cruz inset picture is a seated dark haired younger woman with her head turned to her left.

When I first noticed her I swear I was looking at Sylvia Odio.

Odio is easy to remember after seeing her in pics and in a You Tube interview video.

She was a very attractive women as the seated woman in the photo is also.

Small world if Raphael Cruz is in the same meeting with Odio here.

Cruz is a shifty character from what I have read. None-the-less, I wish someone could interview him on tape and ask him about his political doings in Texas at that time...and whether he knew who Sylvia Odio was?

Edited by Joe Bauer
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Cruz is a shifty character from what I have read. None-the-less, I wish someone could interview him on tape and ask him about his political doings in Texas at that time...and whether he knew who Sylvia Odio was?

This I believe is Sylvia at an Alpha 66 camp...

1109155924_silviaodioalpha66camp.jpg.6dd2e9aaae3e79d679d7bacc4d78bd8d.jpg

 

And 2 men who a number of researchers feel were Leopoldo and Angelo ... Bernardo del Torres and Ed Collins respectively
Joan Mellon tells us that Angelo may have been "Angelo Murgado" yet he tells a different story about the initial Odio meeting than the sisters claiming he and Leopoldo drove alone with Oswald already at the Odio's when they arrived....  FWIW

2034938635_JFKBernardodelTorreswasLeopoldoforOdiowhileEdCollinswassupposedlyAngelo-Murgado2.jpg.2fbd88aef557b3d60e510a5d80d10b58.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it was Charles Steele. He 

 spoke to Warren Commission attorneys in April 1964.

Steele indicates that he was there because he’d driven a friend to the building to take a test she needed to pass in order to get a job. Oswald came up, offered him $2 for 20 minutes of work, and Steele agreed. He dropped off his friend after her test and met Oswald at the New Orleans Trade Mart building. He can be seen in a video, passing out leaflets alongside Oswald

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing coincidence that he was also an informant for the FBI   :cheers

I mean how lucky can a man get?

Mark, can you tell us if you know whether this man is Bill Shelley?  Yes, the Misc Manager at the TSBD and Oswald's boss in a few months from these photos

Take care

DJ

1316039945_ShelleyandShelleyTradeMartv2.jpg.10eb8de449321c26b7ad40a89dbd013c.jpg612751173_OswaldandShelleyinNOLA.jpg.49233bd836885dec57adf211ec42c7a4.jpg

Edited by David Josephs
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...