The Education Forum

Useful JFKA Books For a Toilet Paper Crisis?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully maybe I've got several more books beyond the JFKA that could qualify as TP.  Still none of that on local shelves.  But I've found eggs, chicken, beans, salt and Newman's Own frozen pizza, still no flour though. Enough of most stuff for roughly a month.  Maybe a good thing.

First positive test from over the weekend in our county confirmed today.  He had multiple family, social and work contacts.  They are awaiting results.  This is 70 miles SW of Fort Worth, a town of 20,000.  It's spreading beyond the cities.

The county commissioners meet tomorrow to discuss a shelter in place order.  I sent the newspaper editor that reported this this link.  Suggested it was worth reading and maybe the commissioners should before they meet.  Don't know if they might or not.  Not to Hammer on it here or be redundant, but redundancy is one way to learn.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

No one yet knows the vector of the two confirmed cases in my largely-rural county in central North Carolina. The state is saying there's a third case, but, the county health director says that isn't so.

It dawned on me I do possess another disposable JFKA book, Mary's Mosaic.

I read the remaindered, hardback first edition. Then I just had to order the second edition paperback new. Only to find out the second edition was necessary because Janney had to retract accusations in the first edition. That took the bloom off the rose quite a bit. And then I read Jim DiEugenio's takedown. So that's two volumes ready at hand.

I know, too, Jim hasn't much use for fictional works treading on JFKA topics. To paraphrase, he said there being so much disinformation out there, it was like further corruption.

Which I totally get. And, while I don't think Libra was silly, I can't say I liked that take on the case very much.

Unfortunately for me, I bought the E-book edition of Stephen King's 11-22-63. Could. not. put. it. down. fast. enough. Proper disposal is beyond my technical ability.

Doubling down on the Mary Meyer story is  The Lost Diary of M, current hardback from, gasp, Harper, fiction by Paul Wolfe, discounted off list price at Hamilton Book:

"She was a longtime lover of JFK, the ex-wife of a CIA chief, and the sister in law of the Washington Post's Ben Bradlee. And she ended up dead in an unsolved murder a year after JFK's assassination. The diary she kept was never found--until now."

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-lost-diary-of-m-hardbound

Someone found it?  After all these years?  From that infamous forger, Gregory Douglas, perhaps?  Who Janney used in his book.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I'm down to 16 rolls as we begin to hunker down.  Haven't looked for it lately.  Hope we don't have to resort to Noam.  I'd hate to catch the virus looking for TP.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:34 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I'm down to 16 rolls as we begin to hunker down.  Haven't looked for it lately.  Hope we don't have to resort to Noam.  I'd hate to catch the virus looking for TP.

15.  Haven't been looking yet.  Saw an article about cleaning out the sock drawer and saving the old ones...

• 2 weeks later...

I must have been wrong on my previous count.  Only now down to a dozen rolls.  Just my wife and I using, no grand kid's on the weekends.  Not much in the news about a shortage now.  I think I'll start looking just in case we're not yet real close to the peak.

Just FWIW, I saw a report the other day about why the shortage.  It's not hoarding, although that's probably playing a roll (no pun intended).  There are two types of toilet paper, one residential and one commercial.  You know the difference- one type is soft and pleasant and the other is the stuff with the wood chips still in it.  Some companies make one type, some the other, but they don't make both.  Commercial grade goes to institutions--schools, government, offices, etc.  Now that those institutions are closed, there is plenty of the commercial grade.  And since all of those people are now at home, the demand for the residential stuff is much bigger than normal.  It seems that the toilet paper industry is pretty predictable in terms of quantities, but now that has changed.

1 hour ago, Paul Bacon said:

Just FWIW, I saw a report the other day about why the shortage.  It's not hoarding, although that's probably playing a roll (no pun intended).  There are two types of toilet paper, one residential and one commercial.  You know the difference- one type is soft and pleasant and the other is the stuff with the wood chips still in it.  Some companies make one type, some the other, but they don't make both.  Commercial grade goes to institutions--schools, government, offices, etc.  Now that those institutions are closed, there is plenty of the commercial grade.  And since all of those people are now at home, the demand for the residential stuff is much bigger than normal.  It seems that the toilet paper industry is pretty predictable in terms of quantities, but now that has changed.

So you could say that we are seeing a "clog" in the supply of residential grade TP?

One sure way for Trump to gain votes would be to start a massive stimulus program of toilet paper distribution. 

Of course he would want his picture on each sheet with an accompanying note of his most brilliant achievements while in office and inspiring campaign slogans.

Examples:

"Don't wipe away all that I have accomplished"

" Make America's A$$es Great Again"

" Only Trump Can Save Your Rump"

" A Clean Tush For A Trump Push"

" We Can Smell Victory This November"

" Vote Your TP Conscience. Vote Trump!"

" Don't Change Leadership In The Middle Of A Flush"

" Makes Clean And Soft Sense - Vote Trump/Pence"

" Butt For The Grace Of Trump...Vote I."

" Trump/Pence. Keeping America Fresh."

" I Will Never Let America Become A Sh## hole Country."

You get the idea.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I can picture Donald tossing complimentary rolls of Trump TP to his desperate fans, the same way he distributed Bounty paper towels to the Puerto Ricans after the hurricane.

As a gimmick Trump and his Repub. re-election organization could send one roll to any donor for each $10 of campaign contribution.

Honestly, I think the candidate who can get the most toilet paper out there to potential voters will win the 2020 election.

This election may go down in history as the first one decided by "Toilet Paper" ballots.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Roe is our new DVP.