The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

On 11/30/2020 at 7:51 PM, Cliff Varnell said:

It's a matter of decorum, not censorship.

I appreciate the sentiment, Mr. Varnell.

However, as I previously stated, if I type the word N a z i, I cannot move forward with my research here.

I don't even know if you can seriously talk about the murder of President Kennedy without mentioning somebody with fascist connections, whether it's someone like Allen Dulles, who profited off of fascist slave labor in Europe, or President Kennedy himself, who had his US Navy patrol torpedo boat sliced in half by a fascist Japanese destroyer!

Here is a song from a band I do not like, but I dig the song:

Edited by Robert Montenegro

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

I appreciate the sentiment, Mr. Varnell.

However, as I previously stated, if I type the word N a z i, I cannot move forward with my research here.

I don't even know if you can seriously talk about the murder of President Kennedy without mentioning somebody with fascist connections, whether it's someone like Allen Dulles, who profited off of fascist slave labor in Europe, or President Kennedy himself, who had his US Navy patrol torpedo boat sliced in half by a fascist Japanese destroyer!

Here is a song from a band I do not like, but I dig the song:

I've found your posts informative.  Glad to see you doing so again, the forum needs fresh input imho.

Forgive those of us getting older.  I can't understand the lyrics to the song you posted.  is there a link to them?

Edited by Ron Bulman

37 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The case for skipping the Covid vaccine leaves one very disturbed and maybe even frightened.

https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/heres-why-you-should-skip-the-covid-vaccine/

Seriously, everyone should read this article. At least do some research considering before blindly jumping in, imo anyway.

32 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Seriously, everyone should read this article. At least do some research considering before blindly jumping in, imo anyway.

Joe,

Any decision about healthcare should be based on a careful assessment of the risks of treatment vs. no treatment.

In the case of the new COVID vaccines, the risks of treatment are, statistically, very low.  They study those things very carefully in clinical trials-- although, admittedly, they have hurried to make these vaccines available. 

Mike Whitney (at UNZ) has focused, (somewhat sensationally, IMO) on rare complications of vaccination-- auto-immune neuropathies, Guillain-Barre type reactions, etc.  The frequency is infinitesimal.

Meanwhile, Whitney says very little about the significant risks of no treatment-- death, and permanent lung, heart, kidney, and brain damage.  These risks of no treatment are elevated for elderly people and those with medical conditions.

In my opinion, the risks of no treatment far outweigh the risks of vaccination, especially for the elderly and the infirm.

The vaccines are not entirely risk free, nor is non-vaccination.

As for Whitney's comments about efficacy, his case is distorted.  The methodology of the Pfizer and Moderna trials measured efficacy by testing for COVID in vaccinated and placebo-treated subjects who became symptomatic.

That data was impressive.  The vaccinated subjects had a markedly lower risk of becoming symptomatic, COVID positive cases, compared to the placebo controls.

Are Covid-19 Vaccines Really 95% Effective? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Agreed W., We could have chosen to suck it up early and get everybody on the same prevention page, like several countries in Asia, but we were too stupid, lacked the discipline, and had too many American self experts like our President leading us to effectively doing almost nothing, and now we're waiting for the vaccine..

Of course there hasn't been time to gauge the long term effects. I hear they often occur within 6 months, so some of the earlier recipients in tests might show symptoms before some of us get the vaccine, if they were to get symptoms. Another thing people will say is that Pfizer and Moderna are  absolved of all legal responsibility for after effects.

I'm sure there will be endorsements  from the politicians, the Faucci's, medical professionals, leaders of Industry, sports figures, artists ,musicians , movie stars.

I'm not one to ask about vaccine conspiracies. I don't religiously  get a flu shot every year,  but I personally never had a reaction to any vaccine outside of the temporary soreness, though I'm content to wait my place in line a little while to see the reactions of others.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Our little town of 20K plus 10k students, 40K total for the county without the students went back to partial shutdown per the Governors orders today.  Over 15% occupancy of hospital beds by covid patients = Bars shut down, non essential business 50% or less.

About 70-80% on facebook are howling.  Many will ignore the orders, enforcement is a (bad) joke.

Stay safe as possible.

Edited by Ron Bulman

16 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Agreed W., We could have chosen to suck it up early and get everybody on the same prevention page, like several countries in Asia, but we were too stupid, lacked the discipline, and had too many American self experts like our President leading us to effectively doing almost nothing, and now we're waiting for the vaccine..

Of course there hasn't been time to gauge the long term effects. I hear they often occur within 6 months, so some of the earlier recipients in tests might show symptoms before some of us get the vaccine, if they were to get symptoms. Another thing people will say is that Pfizer and Moderna are  absolved of all legal responsibility for after effects.

I'm sure there will be endorsements  from the politicians, the Faucci's, medical professionals, leaders of Industry, sports figures, artists ,musicians , movie stars.

I'm not one to ask about vaccine conspiracies. I don't religiously  get a flu shot every year,  but I personally never had a reaction to any vaccine outside of the temporary soreness, though I'm content to wait my place in line a little while to see the reactions of others.

I've been a critic of Big Pharma during my medical career, and I was even cited in two New York Times articles criticizing Big Pharma during the past 12 years.

That said, I also know from experience that some critics of various medical and surgical treatments have a tendency to focus only on the risks of treatment, while ignoring the risks of no treatment.

That tendency has been aggravated by the requisite, lengthy legal disclaimers that we hear in television ads for new drugs.  Many such side effects and risks are exceedingly rare but they are listed, ad nauseum, to prevent successful lawsuits.

Meanwhile, we seldom hear lengthy lists of the potential risks of no treatment.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

Now Rudy's "got Covid," which will be a handy way of fading him out between now and either the Inauguration or the Trumpocalypse:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/06/rudy-giuliani-coronavirus-covid-donald-trump

Whatever happened to Melania's Covid contraction?  Never any details on that...

At age 76, Rudy is in a high risk category.

Terrible year for America's Wanker.

First he gets filmed wanking in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, then he holds a post-election gas-lighting presser at a landscaping warehouse, then he has a bronzer meltdown, then his fart video rant goes viral.

Now he probably wishes that the OEM hadn't forewarned him about the impending demolitions of the Twin Towers on 9/11.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

At age 76, Rudy is in a high risk category.

Terrible year for America's Wanker.

First he gets filmed wanking in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, then he holds a post-election gas-lighting presser at a landscaping warehouse, then he has a bronzer meltdown, then his fart video rant goes viral.

Now he probably wishes that the OEM hadn't forewarned him about the impending demolitions of the Twin Towers on 9/11.

I hate to be a [gasp] conspiracy theorist, but how do we really know Rudy has Covid?  Trump tweeted it.  Trump also told a Georgia rally crowd this weekend that we have "hydrosonic missiles...they run on water."

Fake Covid would be a great excuse for sidelining Rudy after the Carone embarrassment, the pardon rumor, and the worst career downturn since poor Jimmy Piersall's.  That pardon would go down easier in the media were he out of sight for the remainder of the admin.

Edited by David Andrews