The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

Well, the guy who would have been the best manager against CV 19 has dropped his bid:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/bernie-sanders-drops-out/index.html

According to Chris Matthews, then the Nazis were beaten back.  Why don't I fell good about that? 😪 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Presidential risk management, folks, here's a fascinating Vox interview of Big Short author Michael Lewis on the subject of his latest book, The Fifth Risk.

Michael Lewis explains how the Trump administration puts us all at risk of catastrophe

Trump’s botched coronavirus response isn’t the first time his administration has put Americans at risk. And it won’t be the last. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/21209887/coronavirus-covid-19-michael-lewis-the-fifth-risk-trump-administration-catastrophe

April 7, 2020

Edited by W. Niederhut

24 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

A possibly interesting Rabbit Hole that might be interesting to go down some day is her first husband (Bruce M. Tripp) He was supposedly in military intelligence and/or in Delta Force.

I believe someone with the last name Tripp was somehow involved in the Jonestown Massacre. 

There has been a past CIA connection mooted for Tripp, related to her involvement in exposing a previous political scandal - discussed perhaps on this Forum, so check the back threads.  Does she go back as far as Watergate? 

But, maybe it's this story about her cohort, Lucianne Goldberg, that I'm remembering:

[wiki] During the 1972 presidential campaign, [Lucianne Goldberg] joined the press corps covering Democratic candidate George McGovern claiming to be a reporter for the Women's News Service, though she was on leave of absence from that position.[12] In fact Goldberg was being paid $1000 a week – $6112 in today's dollars – to spy on McGovern and those traveling with him on the campaign's planes.[11][12] When recruited, she was told U.S. President Nixon himself had approved the spying, which was to include traditional political intelligence and information on personal habits: "'They were looking for really dirty stuff,' [she] said. 'Who was sleeping with whom, what the secret service men were doing with the stewardesses, who was smoking pot on the plane – that sort of thing. I was told to send it all along.'"[12] Goldberg's role as a reporter-spy came to light in the Watergate hearings that led to the resignation of Nixon.[15]

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Well, the guy who would have been the best manager against CV 19 has dropped his bid:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/bernie-sanders-drops-out/index.html

According to Chris Matthews, then the Nazis were beaten back.  Why don't I fell good about that? 😪 

I don't think Biden can take a chance on Not incorporating a large part of Bernie's agenda if he want's to win.  Four years ago many republicans and independents did not vote for the current president so much as they voted against Billary.  Many of them are dissatisfied with the result.  As I understand it as least some Bernie backers abstained from voting at all.  Personally I didn't vote For Hillary, but against the alternative, as I thought the least worst of the choices.  The democrats have to unite or it's four more years of the sos or worse.  If not then then there's no hope of returning to anything close to JFK's new frontier, much less Bernie's ideals.  

Journal wise.  I smoked ribs yesterday, been in the freezer a little long but still pretty good.  As part of working from home I've been calling students to make sure they're ok health wise and not having problems with on line learning.  Rewarding feeling when they say thank you for checking on me.  Mower steering gear is going out.  Sucks as I'm not sure about repair in these times and the weeds are still going wild with all the rain, and more predicted.

I read netflix released Taxi Driver in the last few days.  Haven't seen it in many, many years.

14 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Thanks to Doug Caddy for alerting us to Henry Kissinger's semi-globalist response to Coronavirus, Wall Street Journal, April 3.  If anyone can upload the entire editorial, I'd appreciate it:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/henry-kissinger-calls-new-post-covid-world-order/5708800

What I see Kissinger also saying is that Trump is the worst, most unqualified person to lead America through this world wide crisis.

14 hours ago, David Andrews said:

There has been a past CIA connection mooted for Tripp, related to her involvement in exposing a previous political scandal - discussed perhaps on this Forum, so check the back threads.  Does she go back as far as Watergate? 

But, maybe it's this story about her cohort, Lucianne Goldberg, that I'm remembering:

[wiki] During the 1972 presidential campaign, [Lucianne Goldberg] joined the press corps covering Democratic candidate George McGovern claiming to be a reporter for the Women's News Service, though she was on leave of absence from that position.[12] In fact Goldberg was being paid $1000 a week – $6112 in today's dollars – to spy on McGovern and those traveling with him on the campaign's planes.[11][12] When recruited, she was told U.S. President Nixon himself had approved the spying, which was to include traditional political intelligence and information on personal habits: "'They were looking for really dirty stuff,' [she] said. 'Who was sleeping with whom, what the secret service men were doing with the stewardesses, who was smoking pot on the plane – that sort of thing. I was told to send it all along.'"[12] Goldberg's role as a reporter-spy came to light in the Watergate hearings that led to the resignation of Nixon.[15]

Sick.

Nixon and his benefactors... totally corrupt.

But unfortunately reality. Roger Stone stuff.

A friend told me yesterday she flew across the country two weeks ago. One stop over.

7 people on the plane with well over 100 seats open.

She couldn't figure how they could afford the jet fuel and plane crew salaries flying nearly empty passenger jet planes.

She said one could probably get a Coast To Coast plane ticket now for no more than $100.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the number of passengers screened by the agency ( TSA ) has reached record lows.

The agency screened 94,931 passengers at U.S. airports Wednesday compared to 2,229,276 on the same day last year.

That's a 96% drop !!!

Edited by Joe Bauer

15 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Speaking of Presidential risk management, folks, here's a fascinating Vox interview of Big Short author Michael Lewis on the subject of his latest book, The Fifth Risk.

Michael Lewis explains how the Trump administration puts us all at risk of catastrophe

Trump’s botched coronavirus response isn’t the first time his administration has put Americans at risk. And it won’t be the last. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/21209887/coronavirus-covid-19-michael-lewis-the-fifth-risk-trump-administration-catastrophe

April 7, 2020

Chauncey DeVega. April 9, 2020 11:00AM (UTC). Most people find Donald Trump bewildering. His lies, cruelty, corruption, greed, delusions of godlike power ...

Went to the supermarket today.  Only time I get out.

A milestone was reached.  Virtually every person had a mask on.  There might have been maybe three people who did not. 

And some of these masks are getting really exotic.

I heard somewhere that Gavin Newsom has decreed that the managers can refuse service now to someone who does not have a mask.