The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

Geez...  Saw this one over at the Democratic Underground this evening.   🤥

My question.  Will this prompt Rob Wheeler to post another non sequitur about Robert Mueller and Gibson Island?

Pic of the Moment

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Geez...  Saw this one over at the Democratic Underground this evening.   🤥

My question.  Will this prompt Rob Wheeler to post another non sequitur about Robert Mueller and Gibson Island?

Pic of the Moment

"there's many per capitas.  .... per capita relative to what?"  Maybe it's a side effect from taking hydroxychloroquine.  More likely from being able to afford to have others do his homework, write papers and take tests for him in school.  Maybe why he won't release those records?

The antimalarial drug touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for the coronavirus has been linked to an increased risk of death in patients, according to the first major study into its use.

The president called hydroxychloroquine a “game changer” in the fight against the virus in March, and has promoted its use ever since, despite no evidence that it had any positive effect for patients infected with Covid-19.

Earlier this week he claimed that he had been taking the drug himself. “I get a lot of tremendously positive news on the hydroxy,” Mr Trump said, adding: “What do you have to lose?”

But a new study of 96,000 hospitalised coronavirus patients around the world found there was a 34 perc ent increase in the risk of mortality in those given the drug. It also led to a 137 per cent increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias.

“Our large-scale, international, real-world analysis supports the absence of a clinical benefit of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine and points to potential harm in hospitalised patients with COVID-19,” said the authors of the study, which was published in the Lancet medical journal.

As I sometimes have to say to my more PC friends. It was a joke.

Bll Maher??  Geesh Cliff. But as for the PC thing. I think a lot of Trump followers animosity is not at all ideological. They are in need of a social safety net as much as anyone else, even more. They just get a perverse joy out of  sticking it to liberals. Parts of it's envy, and the fact that  an underclass has been created over the last 30 years. But the most visible manifestation of it or maybe the point of great consensus is over the PC culture. As small and petty as that may be seem to the left. You start getting holier than thou about that, and you lose them. And the situation they find themselves  is largely not their fault.JMO

We can't shutdown forever, I think a lot of places should be opening, and most of small town America should be open for business, including in California, but unfortunately there is a tyranny in being a small county in a big state. But usually the government  realizes they cant be hard nosed about everything in sparsely populated areas.  But as for the mask, if people congregate in close quarters without masks and distancing, that is a health hazard that will ultimately know no county line. And this is now confirmed to be an airborne  disease, not contracted easily from surfaces. And the consensus is that we're at least a couple of years off from herd immunity.

The President is supposed to set an example. People do age differently, but Pelosi is right, or maybe it's me, but is his face morphing into a hog?  or at best a bull, and the President's too vain to wear a mask??? With that jawline, he could only look better. 
Cliff, I assume your friend may have an asthma condition. I don't have problems breathing, my biggest problem with masks is that they fog my glasses. The only time I wear them outside is waiting in lines. But most places I go indoors, they are almost a requirement if not required,and I wear them. I realize that there are probably people here on this forum  where requirements aren't as stringent.  I think people are doing a generally good job of creating distancing, and the stores are keeping themselves from being too crowded.  I think it's working very well in California, but even we're not out of the woods.. Here's a stat: L.A.county has almost 4 and half times more deaths than the 9 Bay area counties combined! though about 20% more population.

Whether the economy is shut down or open, people are going to have to keep a distance from each other, I think some areas will have no problems and in some states, I can see it fall apart really easy, and maybe it's starting to already.

"In California and Florida, the death rate could spike to roughly 1000 a day by July".  Things don't look real rosy for Texas either the way they talk in this article.  Lucky old Colorado is part of the half the states they mention.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/study-estimates-24-states-still-have-uncontrolled-coronavirus-spread/ar-BB14tA7u?li=BBnb7Kz

Thank you to the UK for this info from London, that's not news here in the USA,  it will likely be gone in an hour or two a day for sure.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=merle+haggard+lucky+old+colorado+&view=detail&mid=5A1ACD312F8985973A415A1ACD312F8985973A41&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dmerle%2bhaggard%2blucky%2bold%2bcolorado%2b%26form%3dPRUSEN%26mkt%3den-us%26httpsmsn%3d1%26msnews%3d1%26rec_search%3d1%26refig%3d4f75fd58bbf0454898dfc86695162a13%26sp%3d-1%26pq%3dmerle%2bhaggard%2blucky%2bold%2bcolorado%2b%26sc%3d1-33%26qs%3dn%26sk%3d%26cvid%3d4f75fd58bbf0454898dfc86695162a13 

Edited by Ron Bulman

37 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

The COVID curve isn't really "flattening" in many parts of the U.S.-- especially in rural counties that strongly support Trump, according to William Frey at the Brookings Institute.  And now Trump is calling for church-goers to re-congregate ASAP, presumably with singing of hymns and mutual respiration of COVID-infested droplets, etc.

Billy Graham's son, Franklin, said recently that Evangelicals need to put aside their fear of COVID and trust in God.  I was wondering if Franklin has also advised his flock to stop worrying about car accidents and to cease wearing seat belts.

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

The COVID curve isn't really "flattening" in many parts of the U.S.-- especially in rural counties that strongly support Trump, according to William Frey at the Brookings Institute.  And now Trump is calling for church-goers to re-congregate ASAP, presumably with singing of hymns and mutual respiration of COVID-infested droplets, etc.

Billy Graham's son, Franklin, said recently that Evangelicals need to put aside their fear of COVID and trust in God.  I was wondering if Franklin has also advised his flock to stop worrying about car accidents and to cease wearing seat belts.

Don't any of these religious group Trump re-congregate supporters ever pause in their blind loyalty thinking "for one second" when it's reported how many of their same stance pastors and church flock have died from the virus after attending these close contact church services?

Also, aren't these religious group Trump supporters "Christian principle" teaching, believing, promoting and revering organizations?

How do they rationalize Trump being their chosen political savior using their own Christian value teachings and edicts?

The man violates many of the ten commandment canons almost daily and has most of his entire life!

1. I am the Lord your God: you shall not have strange gods before me.

Trump's number one moral guidance reverence ( God ) is money. He constantly brags about it's importance, how much he has made and reminds his most important wealthiest backers how much he is making for them.

2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.

Constantly bragging about yourself and your own achievements and importance over crediting a Christian God's grace is the ultimate vanity.

3. Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.

Anyone here think Trump would stop trying to do a deal and make a buck on a Sunday or any other holy day?

4. Honor your father and your mother.

This he does but again, it's almost always bragging about how tough and successful his father was in making money.

5. You shall not kill.

How about inciting others to get so angry and hateful towards others, especially those whom he personally dislikes, which can and has lead to physical confrontation?

"I'll pay the legal fees" offer to those who rough up protesters at his political rallies?

Trump says he "likes conflict" and promotes it!  

6. You shall not commit adultery.

Oh Please!  

Classic serial adulterer.

And then lying about it and calling "every partaking woman" who comes forward about these extra-marital hookups...XXXXX?

And 43 more women willing to put their names in the public domain record recounting "grab em by the pu$$y" bragging Trump's unwanted sexual advances and actions towards them?

A book titled All the President's Women: Donald Trump and the Making of a Predator isn't challenged for libel in court by Trump?

7. You shall not steal.

Cheating or at least gaming the system ... taxes, bankruptcies, quick turn-around IPO sell offs, charity fund misuse, Trump University scam , money laundering, shady deals with shady characters for decades?

8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

How about personal enemies, business and political rivals?

9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.

It's been reported Trump once claimed this was an exciting challenge for him.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.

Again, Oh Please!

This is the best Christian value leader Trump's religious group followers can find and support?

Their blind loyalty reverence and support of such an obvious unchristian like man as Trump is so illogical and irrational...it's perverse.

Trump fits the Christian "eye of the needle" parable character to a T.

IMO.

Wait.  Stop the presses.  Freedom of Religion means Bishops can tell the prez NO?  Hope the Baptists, Methodists and others are that wise.  But the Baptists in particular are part of his base.  Except me.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/washington-state-bishops-respond-to-trumps-push-to-reopen-churches-we-will-wait/ar-BB14vczb?li=BBnb7Kz

PASS THE CORONA !!

Memorial Day Weekend Pool Party in the Ozarks

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

I've made the Jaws joke here, saying we're in too much haste to keep the beaches open.  Here's a writer that takes the metaphor, enviably, to the nth degree:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/may/25/ive-never-seen-jaws

Just two weeks ago we had a surfer ripped apart and killed by a Great White shark just 100 yards off-shore off of the Santa Cruz Ca. coast line.

This was right across the Monterey Bay ( 20 miles as the crow flies) from us here in Monterey.

I know of three shark attack kills right off our beaches here in my lifetime. Many more attacks with injuries.

Many have returned to the beaches here including surfers especially since it is so hot right now.

Wonder if the Covid-19 cases will jump in the next two to three weeks as a result.

So, right about now it's like "Contagion meets Jaws" around here.

And throw in skin cancer due to Ozone damage!

Trump supporters are blissfully happy through it all though.

16 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Bill Gates presenting to the CIA. 

I looked into this. First I started with the Australian web site that published it. That didn’t bear enough fruit, and since I believe that one can tell the tree from its fruits, I dug into the publisher of that website. Several google pages in I found the smoking gun. This publisher is mentioned at the end of an article about Chinese influence in Australia published under the banner Jew World Order. Along both sides of said page there are anti-Semitic tropes and images. The reader is encouraged to follow this publisher to get more information. The article you posted was meant to be the nail in the coffin proving that Bill Gates is a eugenicist whose interest in vaccines is both commercial and racist. It does no such thing.

Edited by Paul Brancato

Well, I'm shocked, shocked to hear that Rob has posted more scurrilous, right wing nonsense.

Meanwhile, in defense of Donald Trump, I read that, when they told him that hydroxychloroquine could keep Malaria away, Trump thought they were talking about his wife.  🤪

Edited by W. Niederhut