The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

10 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

W.said:  Someone I know suggested earlier today that it's karma, but I think it has more to do with stupidity, and a narcissistic delusion of invincibility.

It's all true, everything that happens to you is your karma. Trump's stupidity and his narcissistic delusion of invincibility is his karma, and the inevitable result is his karma.

Ron said:"If his getting sick saves at least one more person from dying, it is worth it."

Philosopher, John Stuart Mill,  proponent of utilitarianism said: bring about 'the greatest amount of good for the greatest number'.

Kirk,

The main difference between utilitarianism and Trumpism is that Trumpism tries bring about the greatest good for the smallest number.  🤥

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the Texas attorney general use "the power of his office to coerce a Colorado county into allowing one of his top donors back into their vacation home earlier this year."  A quaint cabin in remote Tin Cup when Gunnison county was locked down earlier this year?  One of W's summer neighbors?  Or something in Aspen, Vail, Crested Bute, To Hell You Ride?  I'm curious how, and where?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-republicans-demand-resignation-of-attorney-general-ken-paxton-who-led-anti-obamacare-lawsuits/ar-BB19J73g?ocid=uxbndlbing

This could be newsworthy in Colorado as well as Texas.

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

How does the Texas attorney general use "the power of his office to coerce a Colorado county into allowing one of his top donors back into their vacation home earlier this year."  A quaint cabin in remote Tin Cup when Gunnison county was locked down earlier this year?  One of W's summer neighbors?  Or something in Aspen, Vail, Crested Bute, To Hell You Ride?  I'm curious how, and where?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-republicans-demand-resignation-of-attorney-general-ken-paxton-who-led-anti-obamacare-lawsuits/ar-BB19J73g?ocid=uxbndlbing

This could be newsworthy in Colorado as well as Texas.

Ron,

Like most of the numerous rural counties in Colorado, Gunnison County has always been solidly Republican.

My hunch is that Ken Paxton's wealthy donor owns a posh property in Crested Butte.

The only multi-millionaires in Tin Cup are a family who struck oil in Midland, Texas back in the day.

Professor Alan Lichtman of American University Washington DC,  who has correctly predicted the US election results since Kennedy gives the 2020 victory to the Democrats.

I should post this on the 56 years topic but anything there is getting buried by bs at the moment.

A historic day, second one in a row.  Yesterday a Black Woman on the VP stage.  Today something else I never remember happening in my lifetime or reading about in our history.  A state militia planning to kidnap a Governor, blow up a bridge, kill cops in the process, hold her hostage, for a trial?  In these United States.  Insane.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/this-is-a-system-blinking-red-moment-attorneys-blame-plot-to-kidnap-gov-whitmer-on-trump-s-rhetoric/ar-BB19PPQT 

Edited by Ron Bulman

There's a truly shocking new Pew Research survey out this week documenting the differing perceptions about the management of the COVID pandemic in the U.S. between Republican Fox News viewers and Democrats.

It's an alarming example of the Orwellian effects of mass media disinformation on public perceptions.

About two-thirds of Republicans say the U.S. has controlled the outbreak as much as it could have; 88% of Democrats disagree

https://www.journalism.org/2020/10/07/before-trump-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-republicans-attention-to-pandemic-had-sharply-declined/

October 7, 2020

Republicans who rely a lot on Fox News and/or talk radio overwhelmingly say U.S. could not have controlled the coronavirus outbreak any better

Edited by W. Niederhut

Plague wise I think I witnessed a super spreader event today.  The Red River Rivalry, UT vs OU in the Cotton Bowl.  Thought I read 1/4 capacity, looked like half or more.  Between the 20's looked pretty crowded up to near the top, not much masking or social distancing.  Lots of yelling, spewing of potential deadly particles among them all.

Fun to watch on TV, 4 overtimes after a tied half, UT down by 14 with 5 minutes left, tie it at 14 seconds.  Hope those there live all survive.

While the prez campaigned from the WH, illegally if staff helped.  How did he do so without their help? 

14 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Plague wise I think I witnessed a super spreader event today.  The Red River Rivalry, UT vs OU in the Cotton Bowl.  Thought I read 1/4 capacity, looked like half or more.  Between the 20's looked pretty crowded up to near the top, not much masking or social distancing.  Lots of yelling, spewing of potential deadly particles among them all.

Fun to watch on TV, 4 overtimes after a tied half, UT down by 14 with 5 minutes left, tie it at 14 seconds.  Hope those there live all survive.

While the prez campaigned from the WH, illegally if staff helped.  How did he do so without their help? 

Ron,

I read somewhere that the stadium at College Station, Texas was packed yesterday for the Florida/Texas A&M game.

I've heard a lot of Aggie jokes over the years, but this is no joke.  It's unbelievable.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:09 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

I read somewhere that the stadium at College Station, Texas was packed yesterday for the Florida/Texas A&M game.

I've heard a lot of Aggie jokes over the years, but this is no joke.  It's unbelievable.

Since they upset top 5 Florida to ultimately move to #11 themselves I'm sure much of College Station was one big drunken party Saturday night.  Lot's of hugs and kisses and yelling spewing and sharing tiny particles...  Then there's aggies and sheep. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

Plague wise, speaking of spewing.  Law and order?  Washington Mayor's declaration regarding gatherings over 50 people was violated today.  Lock em' all up.  Especially the maskless infected spewer.

https://www.vogue.com/article/mike-lee-no-mask-amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-hearings-coronavirus

What a hypocritical crock this whole business is.