The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

The Jacobson decision makes sense both legally and morally, but the world seems to be filled with "me firsters" who prefer personal freedom to community safety.

How many travelled over the Thanksgiving holiday? How many demonstated/ rioted in London today, without masks or social distancing? How many people are crowd funding a restaurant owner in Toronto who was forced to close due to public health restrictions over covid? 

How many new covid cases are there per day? How many more deaths? Most countries are losing the covid fight, yet people are not concerned. Yes, the economic disaster is terrible, life destroying for many, but what will happen when hospitals and healthcare systems collapse?  "Give me my freedom because I am invulnerable and I don't care if you die." seems to be mantra of many. 

This will continue to play out after vaccines arrive, because of ignorance, fear, and politics. 

It is refreshing to see the many enlightened comments here and on this forum. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

No dooky?

Apparently auto correct now prefers the above to xxxx as a replacement for the s word.

I had so much to contribute to this forum.

However if censorship is going to prevail, I have no choice but to stop posting. 

Shame, I thought I was helping, and it seemed so, to the point that I received praise from some heavy hitters in the Kennedy murder research community.

Oh, well, maybe I can submit articles to the KennedysAndKing site.  

14 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

I had so much to contribute to this forum.

However if censorship is going to prevail, I have no choice but to stop posting. 

Shame, I thought I was helping, and it seemed so, to the point that I received praise from some heavy hitters in the Kennedy murder research community.

Oh, well, maybe I can submit articles to the KennedysAndKing site.  

Robert, I take full responsibility for this situation. 

A fellow regular poster, resentful over the number of times I've dropped the F-bomb (Fascist) on his ass, invited me to drop the N-bomb on him. 

"Okay.  You're a [N-bomb].  Happy?"

I was properly read out for dropping the N-bomb on the guy, and thereafter the N-bomb was changed to pooh-pooh.

It's a matter of decorum, not censorship.

At least keep posting tunes on the Olive Branch thread!  Is there a song you like by a band you don't otherwise like -- for instance...?

On 11/30/2020 at 7:51 PM, Cliff Varnell said:

It's a matter of decorum, not censorship.

I appreciate the sentiment, Mr. Varnell.

However, as I previously stated, if I type the word N a z i, I cannot move forward with my research here.

I don't even know if you can seriously talk about the murder of President Kennedy without mentioning somebody with fascist connections, whether it's someone like Allen Dulles, who profited off of fascist slave labor in Europe, or President Kennedy himself, who had his US Navy patrol torpedo boat sliced in half by a fascist Japanese destroyer!

Here is a song from a band I do not like, but I dig the song:

Edited by Robert Montenegro
16 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

I appreciate the sentiment, Mr. Varnell.

However, as I previously stated, if I type the word N a z i, I cannot move forward with my research here.

I don't even know if you can seriously talk about the murder of President Kennedy without mentioning somebody with fascist connections, whether it's someone like Allen Dulles, who profited off of fascist slave labor in Europe, or President Kennedy himself, who had his US Navy patrol torpedo boat sliced in half by a fascist Japanese destroyer!

Here is a song from a band I do not like, but I dig the song:

I've found your posts informative.  Glad to see you doing so again, the forum needs fresh input imho.

Forgive those of us getting older.  I can't understand the lyrics to the song you posted.  is there a link to them?

Edited by Ron Bulman
32 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Seriously, everyone should read this article. At least do some research considering before blindly jumping in, imo anyway.

Joe,

Any decision about healthcare should be based on a careful assessment of the risks of treatment vs. no treatment.

In the case of the new COVID vaccines, the risks of treatment are, statistically, very low.  They study those things very carefully in clinical trials-- although, admittedly, they have hurried to make these vaccines available. 

Mike Whitney (at UNZ) has focused, (somewhat sensationally, IMO) on rare complications of vaccination-- auto-immune neuropathies, Guillain-Barre type reactions, etc.  The frequency is infinitesimal.

Meanwhile, Whitney says very little about the significant risks of no treatment-- death, and permanent lung, heart, kidney, and brain damage.  These risks of no treatment are elevated for elderly people and those with medical conditions.

In my opinion, the risks of no treatment far outweigh the risks of vaccination, especially for the elderly and the infirm.

The vaccines are not entirely risk free, nor is non-vaccination.

As for Whitney's comments about efficacy, his case is distorted.  The methodology of the Pfizer and Moderna trials measured efficacy by testing for COVID in vaccinated and placebo-treated subjects who became symptomatic.

That data was impressive.  The vaccinated subjects had a markedly lower risk of becoming symptomatic, COVID positive cases, compared to the placebo controls.

Are Covid-19 Vaccines Really 95% Effective? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Agreed W., We could have chosen to suck it up early and get everybody on the same prevention page, like several countries in Asia, but we were too stupid, lacked the discipline, and had too many American self experts like our President leading us to effectively doing almost nothing, and now we're waiting for the vaccine..

Of course there hasn't been time to gauge the long term effects. I hear they often occur within 6 months, so some of the earlier recipients in tests might show symptoms before some of us get the vaccine, if they were to get symptoms. Another thing people will say is that Pfizer and Moderna are  absolved of all legal responsibility for after effects.

I'm sure there will be endorsements  from the politicians, the Faucci's, medical professionals, leaders of Industry, sports figures, artists ,musicians , movie stars.

I'm not one to ask about vaccine conspiracies. I don't religiously  get a flu shot every year,  but I personally never had a reaction to any vaccine outside of the temporary soreness, though I'm content to wait my place in line a little while to see the reactions of others.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Our little town of 20K plus 10k students, 40K total for the county without the students went back to partial shutdown per the Governors orders today.  Over 15% occupancy of hospital beds by covid patients = Bars shut down, non essential business 50% or less.

About 70-80% on facebook are howling.  Many will ignore the orders, enforcement is a (bad) joke.

Stay safe as possible.

Edited by Ron Bulman