The Education Forum

Social Security Asks New Account Applicants "Where Were You The Day JFK Was Killed?"

Debated posting this under some other thread but none fit.

It's just a light tidbit, but it is JFK related.

My wife started her Social Security account online today.

On the application they ask you to choose a secure password answer from a choice of questions.

Typical questions:

First Car... Model And Color?

City You Met Your Spouse?

Worst Food Growing Up? Yeah I know...crazy.

Etc.

But my wife had to tell me this one in particular:

Where Were You The Day JFK Was Killed? 

Well, it makes sense I guess since so many people taking their Social Security now are of the baby boomer generation and were adolescents on 11,22,1963.

And I like that at least one massive government venue is keeping the JFK event in the public consciousness, even in a small way.

Edited by Joe Bauer

10 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Obviously one wouldn't use the answer to this JFK question as your Social Security account password if you were sitting on one of the porcelain thrones in one of your school's restrooms when you first heard of JFK being shot.

But then again, you know some odd ball will do so anyway.

"When the xxxx hit's the fan, I'll be sittin on the can".  Like Elvis.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rolling+stones+when+the+whip+comes+down&view=detail&mid=EC4B0E08A9A88E030144EC4B0E08A9A88E030144&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3drolling%2bstones%2bwhen%2bthe%2bwhip%2bcomes%2bdown%26form%3dPRUSEN%26mkt%3den-us%26httpsmsn%3d1%26msnews%3d1%26rec_search%3d1%26refig%3de22d39c00fdd44ccafcd9bbef33c23ae%26sp%3d2%26qs%3dSC%26pq%3drolling%2bstones%2bwhen%2bth%2bwhip%2b%26sk%3dPRES1SC1%26sc%3d3-28%26cvid%3de22d39c00fdd44ccafcd9bbef33c23ae

21 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Debated posting this under some other thread but none fit.

It's just a light tidbit, but it is JFK related.

My wife started her Social Security account online today.

On the application they ask you to choose a secure password answer from a choice of questions.

Typical questions:

First Car... Model And Color?

City You Met Your Spouse?

Worst Food Growing Up? Yeah I know...crazy.

Etc.

But my wife had to tell me this one in particular:

Where Were You The Day JFK Was Killed? 

Well, it makes sense I guess since so many people taking their Social Security now are of the baby boomer generation and were adolescents on 11,22,1963.

And I like that at least one massive government venue is keeping the JFK event in the public consciousness, even in a small way.

Jaguar XK-E, silver.

Hooterville.

Squash (true).

A few miles south, slightly west of where Dr. Niederhut lives today (also true).  Or I could just say Irving street.  I find it ironic.  I lived on Irving in Denver, my grand parents lived in Irving, Tx, where Oswald spent his last night of freedom on earth.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Wonder who chooses these questions and has the final say as to which ones to insert into the application?

Edited by Joe Bauer