• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

On 10/26/2021 at 4:09 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/14/i-saw-provocateurs-at-the-capitol-riot-on-jan-6/

Another point of view. 

The author reports the DC National Guard was already on the streets Jan. 6.

His account is plain, and he has credentials (read to the bottom). 

So at least some elements of the National Guard were already deployed, in addition to the nearly 6,000 officers at the disposal of the Capitol Police and the DC Metropolitan Police. 

How on earth could 600 unarmed protestors "storm the Capitol"? 

Keep an open mind...the M$M sure has an agenda on this one....Liz Cheney? Are you sure she will tell the truth? 

On 10/26/2021 at 5:41 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

W.--

As I said, keep an open mind. 

There are truths and un-truths printed in the NYT...or lesser outlets.

Hard to tell anymore. Would you believe nothing you read in the NYT? Are they mere Donk sycophants? Often, but not always....

This fellow's account is limited to what he himself saw. Credible source. 

If you read the primary documents, many, many of the rioters inside the Capitol texted in real time that they were "let in." 

That is the historical record, in arrest reports. Indeed, being provided as evidence by prosecutors in open court, to prove the rioters were inside the Capitol. 

But the Capitol Police and the DC Metropolitan Police do not report to Trump, but to Democratic Party officials. 

Does it not seem likely Jan. 6 was just a scrum and the 6,000-officer police departments, for whatever reason, were woefully unprepared, leaderless for a while, and then cleared everyone out after a few hours? 

A second option is that Jan. 6 was instigated by provocateurs, in conjunction with police, which would not be a first in history....

Ben, regarding that woman, Are you  just going to dredge up every insignificant tweet from nobodies at the Capitol on 1/6 and insist that means something? Either that or  you become obsessed with somebody who you've called  "emblematic" like the buffalo horns guy? 

You always seen to be struggling with putting together 1/6 fragmented images in sort of a confused jumble. Maybe I can demystify this for you. There's a great abundance of film at the Capitol that day. Here in the states we had live feeds of some of the followers entering the open capitol taking cell phone pictures. These tweets you find compelling don't mystify us or make us scratch our head. I don't think the  majority who entered the Capitol originally  had an specific idea to break into the Capitol. Do you feel more validated  now? All this is common knowledge.

And here's something I think will be news to you. In the states we saw live feeds of police being over run by the rioters as well as police capitulating to the rioters!

You act like this guy in the Federalist article is really somebody. Why would one guy walking around have any kind of comprehensive idea of what's really going on that any of us should put any real faith into? Particularly a guy from a far right pro Trump publication?  We have a lot of film evidence.

Ben: If you read the primary documents, many, many of the rioters inside the Capitol texted in real time that they were "let in." 

What's a many,  many?. You also have a lot more definitive film evidence of people storming the Capitol, running through the police forces, in some cases attacking them, and breaking windows to enter. People can tweet anything. What's to stop them from lying and downplaying violence they may have seen?What is the more definitive evidence? Live film or tweets?

But as I said, this isn't speculation. We've seen some photo evidence of rioters being let in the Capitol. And that possibly couldn't be  because there are law enforcement who are inside Trump people?

Ben: 1)But the Capitol Police and the DC Metropolitan Police do not report to Trump, but to Democratic Party officials.

2) second option is that Jan. 6 was instigated by provocateurs, in conjunction with police, which would not be a first in history....

2)What you seem to be saying here isn't very clear.  Are you saying that certain police people could have been inside men" for Trump? Or is this what you've been alluding to a number of times now, that this is  some  Italian,Pelosi, Antifa, Pizza Gate conspiracy theory?

You always seem to be ending up insisting that Trump and his supporters are hapless victims. Like your phrase."velcro President" It's funny but it denotes sort of a  victimhood as if Trump is doing nothing  to merit the criticisms.

There are a number of films that can show you time stamped maps of where rioters were pushing through as legislators, including Pence narrowly escapes them,  if you choose to look at them. It will be a lot more enlightening then showing insignificant tweets or accounts from "nobodies."

On 10/28/2021 at 12:04 PM, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben, regarding that woman, Are you  just going to dredge up every insignificant tweet from nobodies at the Capitol on 1/6 and insist that means something? Either that or  you become obsessed with somebody who you've called  "emblematic" like the buffalo horns guy? 

You always seen to be struggling with putting together 1/6 fragmented images in sort of a confused jumble. Maybe I can demystify this for you. There's a great abundance of film at the Capitol that day. Here in the states we had live feeds of some of the followers entering the open capitol taking cell phone pictures. These tweets you find compelling don't mystify us or make us scratch our head. I don't think the  majority who entered the Capitol originally  had an specific idea to break into the Capitol. Do you feel more validated  now? All this is common knowledge.

And here's something I think will be news to you. In the states we saw live feeds of police being over run by the rioters as well as police capitulating to the rioters!

You act like this guy in the Federalist article is really somebody. Why would one guy walking around have any kind of comprehensive idea of what's really going on that any of us should put any real faith into? Particularly a guy from a far right pro Trump publication?  We have a lot of film evidence.

Ben: If you read the primary documents, many, many of the rioters inside the Capitol texted in real time that they were "let in." 

What's a many,  many?. You also have a lot more definitive film evidence of people storming the Capitol, running through the police forces, in some cases attacking them, and breaking windows to enter. People can tweet anything. What's to stop them from lying and downplaying violence they may have seen?What is the more definitive evidence? Live film or tweets?

But as I said, this isn't speculation. We've seen some photo evidence of rioters being let in the Capitol. And that possibly couldn't be  because there are law enforcement who are inside Trump people?

Ben: 1)But the Capitol Police and the DC Metropolitan Police do not report to Trump, but to Democratic Party officials.

2) second option is that Jan. 6 was instigated by provocateurs, in conjunction with police, which would not be a first in history....

2)What you seem to be saying here isn't very clear.  Are you saying that certain police people could have been inside men" for Trump? Or is this what you've been alluding to a number of times now, that this is  some  Italian,Pelosi, Antifa, Pizza Gate conspiracy theory?

You always seem to be ending up insisting that Trump and his supporters are hapless victims. Like your phrase."velcro President" It's funny but it denotes sort of a  victimhood as if Trump is doing nothing  to merit the criticisms.

There are a number of films that can show you time stamped maps of where rioters were pushing through as legislators, including Pence narrowly escapes them,  if you choose to look at them. It will be a lot more enlightening then showing insignificant tweets or accounts from "nobodies."

Kirk, Kirk, Kirk (spoken in descending tones):

Yes, the real-time observations of "nobodies" carry more weight with me than synthetic M$M news. 

Sure, there some feeds of the scrum "overpowering" this or that lightly manned fence outside the Capitol. In some ways this is not media bias; obviously the most dramatic footage gets the news. 

But most people on Jan. 6 just walked in, and only one protestor carried a firearm (even that is not clear--it now appears the guy with a firearm was arrested outside the actual building, and that proceedings against him...have evaporated. So, it is alleged that one person carried  a firearm onto the Capitol grounds that day, while all the police were armed, and one shot and killed a protestor.  

Oh, boo-hoo for that little weiner Pence. I hope he was wearing his adult diapers on Jan 6. 

Meanwhile...you know, like my late, great Uncle Jerry used to say: "This story gets fishier and fishier, and I am beginning to smell  a rat." 

Add on: One reason to study the JFKA is to learn how government and media work together. 

What the public was fed through the M$M after the JFKA and then after the Jan. 6 scrum...is worth pondering. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
small add-on

I have no sympathy for neo n a z i s who wear tee shirts saying Camp Auschwitz. As far as I am concerned the public will not be safe with these fascists running loose.    I heard them chanting hang mike pence. I saw them smashing windows of the US Capitol building.  Many said publicly they wanted to kill Nancy Pelosi.  These people are criminals and should be treated as such.  No sympathy for the devil this time.

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yes, the Trump family seems to be deficient in empathy genes.

One of Donald Trump's biographers mentioned a few years ago that Donald has always taken a peculiar delight in scamming people, and getting away with it.

The glee in right wing circles about the Alec Baldwin movie set tragedy seems especially bizarre.

n1UigGj.png

Edited by W. Niederhut

12 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

I have no sympathy for neo n a z i s who wear tee shirts saying Camp Auschwitz. As far as I am concerned the public will not be safe with these fascists running loose.    I heard them chanting hang mike pence. I saw them smashing windows of the US Capitol building.  Many said publicly they wanted to kill Nancy Pelosi.  These people are criminals and should be treated as such.  No sympathy for the devil this time.

Chuck S.--

I share your revulsion of Nezis and others. 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kenbensinger/michigan-kidnapping-gretchen-whitmer-fbi-informant

But it nows appears the kidnap plot of Whitmer never would have happened except for the involvement of federal provocateurs. 

This does not mean I think the other "real" members of the Whitmer kidnap party were nice guys. 

It does mean the whole story needs to be told. 

Ditto on Jan. 6. 

A very sobering message, especially to politicians. Real-Time" host Bill Maher closed his show Friday night by sounding the alarm on China's growing dominance over the United States.

"You're not going to win the battle for the 21st century if you are a silly people. And Americans are a silly people," Maher began the monologue, alluding to a "Lawrence of Arabia" quote.

Do you know who doesn't care that there's a stereotype of a Chinese man in a Dr. Seuss book? China," he said. "All 1.4 billion of them couldn't give a crouching tiger flying f--- because they're not a silly people. If anything, they are as serious as a prison fight."

Maher acknowledged that China does "bad stuff" from the concentration camps of Uyghur Muslims to its treatment of Hong Kong. But he stressed, "There's got to be something between an Authoritarian Government that tells everyone what to do and a representative Government that can't do anything at all."

"In two generations, China has built 500 entire cities from scratch, moved the majority of their huge population from poverty to the middle class, and mostly cornered the market in 5G and pharmaceuticals. Oh, and they bought Africa," Maher said, pointing to China's global Silk Road infrastructure initiative. He continued: "In China alone, they have 40,000 kilometers of high-speed rail. America has none. ... We've been having Infrastructure Week every week since 2009 but we never do anything. Half the country is having a never-ending woke competition deciding whether Mr. Potato Head has a d--- and the other half believes we have to stop the lizard people because they're eating babies. We are a silly people.

"Nothing ever moves in this impacted colon of a country. We see a problem and we ignore it, lie about it, fight about it, endlessly litigate it, Sunset Clause it, kick it down the road, and then write a Bill where a half-assed solution doesn't kick in for 10 years," Maher explained.

"China sees a problem and they fix it. They build a dam. We debate what to rename it."

Then he cited how it took "ten years" for a bus line in San Francisco to pass its environmental review and how it took "16 years" to build the Big Dig tunnel in Boston, comparing that to a 57-story skyscraper that China built in "19 days" and Beijing's Sanyuan Bridge, which was demolished and rebuilt in "43 hours."

"We binge-watch, they binge-build. When COVID hit Wuhan, the city built a quarantine center with 4,000 rooms in 10 days and they barely had to use it because they quickly arrested the rest of the disease," Maher said. "They were back to throwing raves in swimming pools while we were stuck at home surfing the dark web for black market Charmin.

We're not losing to China, we lost. The returns just haven't all come in yet. They've made robots that check a kid's temperature and got their asses back in school. Most of our kids are still pretending to take Zoom classes while they watch TikTok and their brain cells fully commit ritual suicide."

Maher then blasted Democratic New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, accusing him of degrading school standards by eliminating merit and substituting a lottery system for admittance to schools for advanced learners.

"Do you think China's doing that, letting political correctness get in the way of nurturing their best and brightest?" Maher continued. "Do you think Chinese colleges are offering courses in 'The Philosophy of Star Trek, 'The Sociology of Seinfeld,' and 'Surviving the Coming Zombie Apocalypse'? Those are real and so is China. And they are eating our lunch. And believe me, in an hour, they'll be hungry again."

Doug, I just read your entire Bill Maher comments post even though it was about as impossible to decipher as Chinese writing or Egyptian Hieroglyphics.

I looked at it as a quirky challenge to get my brain working this early in the morning.

Yes, the Chinese are extremely serious people. When they commit to almost anything, they have a tenacity to see it through no matter what the cost in time, effort and even sacrifice ( much more than Americans ) of human loss.

Population loss prevention to them isn't a priority it seems me.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 10/28/2021 at 12:14 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

Kirk, Kirk, Kirk (spoken in descending tones):

Yes, the real-time observations of "nobodies" carry more weight with me than synthetic M$M news. 

Sure, there some feeds of the scrum "overpowering" this or that lightly manned fence outside the Capitol. In some ways this is not media bias; obviously the most dramatic footage gets the news. 

But most people on Jan. 6 just walked in, and only one protestor carried a firearm (even that is not clear--it now appears the guy with a firearm was arrested outside the actual building, and that proceedings against him...have evaporated. So, it is alleged that one person carried  a firearm onto the Capitol grounds that day, while all the police were armed, and one shot and killed a protestor.  

Oh, boo-hoo for that little weiner Pence. I hope he was wearing his adult diapers on Jan 6. 

Meanwhile...you know, like my late, great Uncle Jerry used to say: "This story gets fishier and fishier, and I am beginning to smell  a rat." 

1002950836_J-ScreenShot2564-10-28at08_55_25.thumb.jpg.991746a384f2d8bbb5eb9824633dbb86.jpg

Add on: One reason to study the JFKA is to learn how government and media work together. 

What the public was fed through the M$M after the JFKA and then after the Jan. 6 scrum...is worth pondering. 

Ben:Yes, the real-time observations of "nobodies" carry more weight with me than synthetic M$M news. 

Synthetic M$M news?, Believe your eyes. It's called live film.

Ben:and only one protestor carried a firearm

But they  searched practically no one. Oh, Ok, I know what you're thinking Ben.  In America firearms are everywhere!. But  people can actually conceal firearms so no one can see them. 
Ben. I already obliterated your argument on that one, with your own arrest records, that you didn't look at in any detail. There was almost nobody arrested at the Capitol, except the most foolhardy. The vast majority of them were arrested days, months later from photo evidence,  their own tweets, postings. other witnesses and being turned in by associates and family.

You know, as I've said before. I think when people are  good at predicting the future, it's usually because they have a very good grasp on the present. My experience has been when you're not relentlessly driving home stuff we already know, you haven't been right about anything yet. Which is not to say, you couldn't be in the future, I suppose. But I'm sure, like fellow Libertarian, Barry Goldwater,  in your heart, you will always be right!
heh heh

But it is true,  you did get me thinking about one thing. If I was to go off to Thailand,it would be in part to get some peace of mind from this contentious, everyday American life, but then.... I'm an American.
But then you made me realize, if you're from any other country than America  and you leave that country for any other country than America.
Then....what else is there to think about, but America. Right Ben?

I'm sure no one will accuse you of being a Buddhist!

P.S. And about your brethren, your quotee Thomas Massey, whom I'm sure, as always  you thoroughly researched, and probably empathize with. He's sort of a pariah in Congress. He was the guy who called everybody in Congress to come back from their home states to get a quorum on the voting of the coronavirus relief package in Spring 2020. He did this so every member of Congress would have to publicly go on the record with their vote, because he was concerned that some Republicans like him, would lie about it later.  Which  on the surface could sound like a good thing. But the vote  turned out, like everything else to be almost straight down party lines anyway, so the net effect was that nobody later lied about their vote. He ended up just pissing off every other Congressman in both parties, and rendered himself completely ineffectual to the point that he'll forever be forced to follow because no one will work with him.
Finger on the Pulse, Good show Thomas!

Apparently, Tucker Carlson is planning to televise a new Fox documentary claiming that the January 6th attack on the U.S. Congress was some kind of Deep State false flag.

But, as I asked Benjamin Cole in one of our old discussions on this very subject, cui bono?

How did the January 6th attack on Congress, and the obvious security lapses, conceivably benefit anyone but Donald Trump and his Willard Hotel associates?

I raised the question earlier about the FBI, apparently, having informants in the ranks of the Proud Boys and Roger Stone's Oath Keepers-- If the FBI had foreknowledge of the planned attack, why did their intelligence not result in heightened security to protect Congress and the election certification process?

If anything, the implication is that the FBI was complicit in Trump's coup attempt.  Either that or FBI warnings were deliberately ignored by individuals in charge of Congressional security.

35 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Apparently, Tucker Carlson is planning to televise a new Fox documentary claiming that the January 6th attack on the U.S. Congress was some kind of Deep State false flag.

But, as I asked Benjamin Cole in one of our old discussions on this very subject, cui bono?

How did the January 6th attack on Congress, and the obvious security lapses, conceivably benefit anyone but Donald Trump and his Willard Hotel associates?

I raised the question earlier about the FBI, apparently, having informants in the ranks of the Proud Boys and Roger Stone's Oath Keepers-- If the FBI had foreknowledge of the planned attack, why did their intelligence not result in heightened security to protect Congress and the election certification process?

If anything, the implication is that the FBI was complicit in Trump's coup attempt.  Either that or FBI warnings were deliberately ignored by individuals in charge of Congressional security.

W.--

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/sep/26/fbi-mole-in-crowd-on-jan-6-files-show/

The NYT (see article above, which is NYT copy run by the Arkansas paper, but not behind a paywall) has already run stories to the effect that FBI informants/plants/assets informed the FBI that the right-wing groups had no plans to occupy the Capitol building. 

The Jan. 6 scrum was evidently spontaneous, or instigated by someone outside of the heavily infiltrated right-wing groups (indeed the Proud Boys leader has been an FBI informant and may still be). 

It could be federal assets instigated the Jan. 6 scrum. 

Yes, to your question, the Jan. 6 scrum has become a major PR victory for establishment Donks and 'Phants, and the fear-mongering Deep State.

Most of the public believes heavily armed rioters, who were white racist Trump supporters, sacked the Capitol and murdered Brian Sicknick, and planned a takeover of the entire federal government.  

Interesting parallel:

Tucker Carlson plans a special on the Jan. 6 scrum.

Establishment types are already calling for Tucker's special to not be broadcast or to be censored, or are denigrating and ridiculing the special before it has even aired.

This is what happened to Oliver Stone's "JFK" movie also, as well documented by James DiEugenio. 

I can tell you from reading primary materials, that people who occupied the Capitol texted in real time they were let in, as confirmed by their arrest reports. 

Curiously, the one fellow who was arrested carrying a firearm on Capitol grounds, Christopher Alberts, has disappeared off the map. This is what the feds say about Alberts now: 

"Status conference set for 9/8/21. Defendant remains free on personal recognizance."

That's it on Alberts. No word on what happened in the status conference. 

Another fellow, named Ray Epps, is in several videos exhorting protestors to enter the Capitol. He was on a most-wanted poster for a while, but then the federal government has lost interest in him. 

Meanwhile...Mr. Buffalo Horns, aka Jacob Angeli, aka Jacob Anthony, the Phoenix gadfly who merely stood inside the Capitol but became iconic, is still in prison.

"Plea agreement entered 9/3. Sentencing set for 11/17 at 10 am."

Add on: Neocon murderess Liz Cheney says Tucker's show---which again, has not even aired yet---is "lies."

Liz Cheney? Cheney is so, so concerned with the truth? 

You can't go wrong if you assume Cheney is lying, and proceed from that premise....

8 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
Ben:Yes, the real-time observations of "nobodies" carry more weight with me than synthetic M$M news. 

Synthetic M$M news?, Believe your eyes. It's called live film.

Ben:and only one protestor carried a firearm

But they  searched practically no one. Oh, Ok, I know what you're thinking Ben.  In America firearms are everywhere!. But  people can actually conceal firearms so no one can see them. 
Ben. I already obliterated your argument on that one, with your own arrest records, that you didn't look at in any detail. There was almost nobody arrested at the Capitol, except the most foolhardy. The vast majority of them were arrested days, months later from photo evidence,  their own tweets, postings. other witnesses and being turned in by associates and family.

You know, as I've said before. I think when people are  good at predicting the future, it's usually because they have a very good grasp on the present. My experience has been when you're not relentlessly driving home stuff we already know, you haven't been right about anything yet. Which is not to say, you couldn't be in the future, I suppose. But I'm sure, like fellow Libertarian, Barry Goldwater,  in your heart, you will always be right!
heh heh

But it is true,  you did get me thinking about one thing. If I was to go off to Thailand,it would be in part to get some peace of mind from this contentious, everyday American life, but then.... I'm an American.
But then you made me realize, if you're from any other country than America  and you leave that country for any other country than America.
Then....what else is there to think about, but America. Right Ben?

I'm sure no one will accuse you of being a Buddhist!

P.S. And about your brethren, your quotee Thomas Massey, whom I'm sure, as always  you thoroughly researched, and probably empathize with. He's sort of a pariah in Congress. He was the guy who called everybody in Congress to come back from their home states to get a quorum on the voting of the coronavirus relief package in Spring 2020. He did this so every member of Congress would have to publicly go on the record with their vote, because he was concerned that some Republicans like him, would lie about it later.  Which  on the surface could sound like a good thing. But the vote  turned out, like everything else to be almost straight down party lines anyway, so the net effect was that nobody later lied about their vote. He ended up just pissing off every other Congressman in both parties, and rendered himself completely ineffectual to the point that he'll forever be forced to follow because no one will work with him.
Finger on the Pulse, Good show Thomas!

Kirk--

I am curious about one aspect of your post.

Why did you switch typefaces half-way through? 

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

I kind of doubt Congressional security ignored FBI warnings.  I'd like to Hope the FBI was walking a tightrope.  Integrity or if the former 1 term looser prez was able to pull it off where would they be if they didn't support him?  He is known for being vindictive.  Then again would some in the FBI favor a Fascist state, if they were held in favor by the dictator their power would mushroom.

Geez... Patriot Purge-- just in time for Halloween... 🤥

Apparently Tucker Carlson and Rupert Murdoch's Ministry of Trumpaganda intend to broadcast their new "documentary" blaming Trump's January 6th Reichstag fire on the opposition.

Reject the evidence of your eyes and ears - Orwell quote" Sticker by  helengarvey | Redbubble