The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

20 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

No it wasn't polite.  I was frustrated, coming here and personally, wife's health, other things.  But here when I check in and see yours and Chris number of and length of posts overwhelming and burying relevant ones by others I was frustrated.  Not my place to judge here.

First off, sorry about the wife. That is more important than any of my commentary. 

Second off, we are all human, with foibles, strengths, virtues, family problems.

I vow to treat any other JFKA researcher or buff as an ally, even if we disagree on certain other issues. Which we do. 

And for the record, I think Trump is an ass. I wish he would disappear from the US political scene. 

I will try to keep my posts succinct. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

23 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

First off, sorry about the wife. That is more important than any of my commentary. 

Second off, we are all human, with foibles, strengths, virtues, family problems.

I vow to treat any other JFKA researcher or buff as an ally, even if we disagree on certain other issues. Which we do. 

And for the record, I think Trump is an ass. I wish he would disappear from the US political scene. 

I will try to keep my posts succinct. 

Now I've been called a buff by you and John McAdams?  Rarefied air.  

9 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I am a buff too, and I ain't talking about my physique! 

I'm a Buff, too, but our local college football team has been so mediocre in recent years that I've been losing interest in watching their games.  Our Buffaloes seem to be an endangered species...  🤥

The Walter Reed army researchers have apparently developed a vacine that will be effective against ALL covid viruses, according to the Daily Mail today.

Great news if true, but a whole new story for anti vaxxers.

Serious question for the forum.  Is Donald Trump also looking at 20 years for conspiring to obstruct an official Congressional proceeding on January 6th?

Proud Boys member pleads guilty to conspiring to obstruct Congress on January 6th

www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/proud-boys-member-pleads-guilty-to-conspiring-to-obstruct-congress-on-jan-6/ar-AAS48VE?ocid=msedgntp

December 22, 2021

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I'm a Buff, too, but our local college football team has been so mediocre in recent years that I've been losing interest in watching their games.  Our Buffaloes seem to be an endangered species...  🤥

Go Buffs, in the JFKA community and on the plains of Colorado! 

51 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Serious question for the forum.  Is Donald Trump also looking at 20 years for conspiring to obstruct an official Congressional proceeding on January 6th?

Proud Boys member pleads guilty to conspiring to obstruct Congress on January 6th

www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/proud-boys-member-pleads-guilty-to-conspiring-to-obstruct-congress-on-jan-6/ar-AAS48VE?ocid=msedgntp

December 22, 2021

W.--For reasons good and bad, hard to say. Nixon never did a day. Bush jr. never did a day for serious civil and war crimes, and is now lionized in the M$M.

There is a reluctance is seriously prosecute a President, something about the gravity of office and he "need to move on."  To put a president behind bars is to admit the top authority figure in the US can be a criminal, and that may increase disrespect for authority in general---not a desired result.  

On the other hand (and here we may disagree), there are elements within the national security state who deeply opposed Trump, as did (and does) the major rival political party. They seek to destroy Trump and the associated populist anti-globalist movement.

I still sense the Donk-national security state alliance would be satisfied if Trump is just humiliated, found guilty in a court of law, and banned from public office.  

As for the Proud Boys, they are led by the Afro-Cubano Enrique Tarrio...an erstwhile federal plant and informant.  Who was let out of jail on Jan. 5.

Does that jail-release date seem odd to you? 

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

December 22, 2021

Well, it was Treason.  A hangable offense.

In today's NYT, Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Laurence Tribe is telling his former pupil, AG Merrick Garland, that Trump must be prosecuted for inciting the January 6th attack on Congress.

Seems like a no brainer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/opinion/trump-capitol-riot-january-6th.html

16 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

December 22, 2021

Seems like the Proud Boys Judge Amit Mehta may be leaving that door ajar at least on the cases he's seeing. It's within anyone's right to protest an official gathering for a variety of reasons but the line gets crossed when the protest becomes the forceable hindering of an official proceeding. Counting electoral votes is not a congressional picnic or a political speech where they showed up and invoked their first amendment privilege. It's a recognized duty of government to administer that proceeding and they did stop it using forceable means. Potential problems exist where the government can claim almost any behavior by a public official is an "official act" but 1/6 clearly goes beyond that and the prosecution can't be accused (they'll try) of prosecuting free speech. 

There are different sentences handed down depending on whether they are convicted of harassment or obstruction. I believe the harassment carries a 3 year max and obstruction a 20 year.

The question, I believe, becomes did Trump et al conspire in the obstruction? I'm pretty sure that's what all the fuss is about regarding witnesses refusing to testify to the House Committee. The links to Trump's potential involvement (and Meadows, Jordan etc) resides in the evidence the committee can gather and turn over to DoJ or the FBI can come up with themselves. If so, then maybe he runs his campaign from Rikers.

TL;DR Depends. Hahaha

Edited by Bob Ness

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

In today's NYT, Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Laurence Tribe is telling his former pupil, AG Merrick Garland, that Trump must be prosecuted for inciting the January 6th attack on Congress.

Seems like a no brainer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/opinion/trump-capitol-riot-january-6th.html

W., is there a way to see this without creating an account for limited free articles or subscribing?