The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

21 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

10. Challengers have reasonable suspicion that Representative Cawthorn was involved in efforts to intimidate Congress and the Vice President into rejecting valid electoral votes and subvert the essential constitutional function of an orderly and peaceful transition of power.

-more-

Steve Thomas

Reconstruction-Era Law Could Keep Trump Off Presidential Ballot In 6 Southern States

“The language letting them back into the Union required them to enforce the 14th Amendment’s ban on insurrectionists in federal or state office.”

By S.V. Date 01/16/2022

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-reconstruction-ballots_n_61e0e1b3e4b0e612f6f9b630

“Should former President Donald Trump run for the White House again, an obscure Reconstruction-era law could keep him off the ballot in six southern states, including North Carolina, Georgia and Florida, because of his incitement of the Jan. 6 insurrection.

The third section of the 14th Amendment prohibits people who swore to defend the Constitution, but who subsequently took part in an insurrection against the United States, from holding state or federal office. Other language in that post-Civil War amendment, though, makes many experts believe that only Congress can enforce the ban, which means Senate Republicans could block any such action.

But the 1868 law that readmitted the six states put the burden on them to keep those who have been involved in insurrections from seeking office — potentially making it considerably easier to keep Trump off their primary and general election ballots.

“It’s still on the books,” said Gerard Magliocca, a law professor at Indiana University who studies the Reconstruction period. He added that the language could help those seeking to disqualify Trump and other candidates who appeared to encourage the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol. “The law is still there. And it could be appealed to.”“

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

Joe,

I got the booster (moderna) at the begining of December.  Four days later I started feeling poorly and I left work--that was a Friday.  Over the weekend I looked for a Covid test because I began to have suspicions--none were available.  Monday I noticed I didn't have the sense of taste or smell, so I called my doctor and was immediately scheduled for a PCR test at the local hospital.  Four hours later, I was told that I was positive for Covid.  I ended up thinking I may have contracted it when I went for my booster--how ironic!!

So, yes, it's quite possible that you've contracted Covid.  Do get a test!  Your symptoms sound like the disease and not a side effect.

I really think I should get tested. Thanks Paul and everyone else who have sent feedback and well wishes. Doug Caddy, if you had this for 4 straight days two weeks ago I feel for you. That is a long time to go through this.

Edited by Joe Bauer

5 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I really think I should get tested. Thanks Paul and everyone else who have sent feedback and well wishes. Doug Caddy, if you had this for 4 straight days two weeks ago I feel for you. That is a long time to go through this.

I'm wishing the very best for you, Joe. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, and I really hope you get well soon. I always appreciate your insight on this forum. Imho you're one of the most valued members here.

To think, Joe thought of leaving the site a few years back.  Glad ya' didn't.  Get well soon!

From another further northwest coaster about a Joe.  I think this is Monterey, 1967 or 68.  I'm not sure.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:12 PM, Ron Bulman said:

To think, Joe thought of leaving the site a few years back.  Glad ya' didn't.  Get well soon!

From another further northwest coaster about a Joe.  I think this is Monterey, 1967 or 68.  I'm not sure.

Ron I was here during The Monterey Pop!

15 years old. Didn't pay to see it though. Just drove back and forth with buddies in front of the Monterey Fair Grounds to see all the interesting and beautiful young people.

You could hear the music from the main stage very loudly ( it's just feet away from the main frontal street Fairgrounds Road ) and for the entire festival the smell of Patchouli Oil and Marijuana was heavy in the air continuously.

Super intoxicating. 

Eric Burden said in his 1967 Monterey Pop Festival celebrating and honoring song "Down In Monterey" ... "Even the cops grooved with us" was absolutely true.

There were many, many police all around but they were incredibly accommodating. Very restrained, tolerant even nice and helpful. Not one violent incident as I recall. Maybe the heavily fragrant cloud of Marijuana which was everywhere at all times ( maybe even visible? ) made them very mellow as well.

Fellow members, everybody, thank you for the very kind and supportive words. It really means more to me than you know. 

The forum has even helped me get through this Covid nightmare.

Lastly, some good news.

I actually got 4 to 5 hours sleep last night. And upon waking this morning my symptoms had improved 65 %! Still very weak legged. Sweats off and on all day.

But the arm, body and head pain is hugely improved! Appetite better as well. Nausea gone. If I was still as bad today as I have been the last two days I was going to go to our local hospital ER.

I am saying my prayerful thank you's over my improvement believe me. So appreciative.

What was this nightmare experience? A booster shot reaction? If so ... Dear God!

Or, did I actually have the Omicron variant?

I haven't been tested since I first posted my crisis here so I don't know.

Well, thanks again everybody. Doug, I don't know how you got through your 4 day bout. Just guts I guess.

Regards the JFK Truth Search mission.

If any of you ( like me ) watched Jack Ruby get within inches of Lee Oswald to blast a death hole inside his guts right inside the Dallas PD building basement crawling with 70 armed police security personnel LIVE on National TV on the morning of 11,24,1963 ... I am sure from that second on you understood the Big Event was a conspiracy like me.

Go forth my fellow honorable men and women of JFK truth seeking will, courage and valor. May the righteous light of truth and justice shine brighter upon you, your families and all of us forever because of your efforts.

Joe B. from Monterey, CA.

Also home to JFK assassination writer Harrison Livingstone and Intrepid JFK and American dark side researcher and radio broadcaster Mae Magnin Brussell ( neighboring Carmel Valley.)

Edited by Joe Bauer

19 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Ron I was here during The Monterey Pop!

15 years old. Didn't pay to see it though. Just drove back and forth with buddies in front of the Monterey Fair Grounds to see all the interesting and beautiful young people.

You could hear the music from the main stage very loudly ( it's just feet away from the main frontal street Fairgrounds Road ) and for the entire festival the smell of Patchouli Oil and Marijuana was heavy in the air non-stop. Super intoxicating. 

Eric Burden said in his song "Down In Monterey" "Even the cops grooved with us" was absolutely true. There were many, many police all around but they were incredibly accommodating. Very restrained, tolerant even nice and helpful. Not one violent incident as I recall. Maybe the heavy fragrant cloud of Marijuana which was everywhere at all times ( maybe even visible? ) made them very mellow as well.

Fellow members, everybody, thank you for the very kind and supportive words. It really means more to me than you know. 

The forum has even helped me get through this Covid nightmare.

Lastly, some good news.

I actually got 4 to 5 hours sleep last night. And upon waking this morning my symptoms had improved 65 %! Still very weak legged. Sweats off and on all day.

But the arm, body and head pain is hugely improved! Appetite better as well. Nausea gone. If I was still as bad today as I have been the last two days I was going to go to our local hospital ER.

I am saying my prayerful thank you's over my improvement believe me. So appreciative.

What was this nightmare experience? A booster shot reaction? If so ... Dear God!

Or, did I actually have the Omicron variant?

I haven't been tested since I first posted my crisis here so I don't know.

Well, thanks again everybody. Doug, I don't know how you got through your 4 day bout. Just guts I guess.

Regards the JFK Truth Search mission.

If any of you watched Jack Ruby get within inches of Lee Oswald to blast a death hole inside his guts right inside the Dallas PD building basement crawling with 70 armed police security personnel LIVE on National TV on the morning of 11,24,1963 ... I am sure from that second on you understood the Big Event was a conspiracy like me.

Go forth my fellow honorable men of JFK truth seeking valor. May the light of justice and righteousness shine upon you and your families forever.

Joe B. from Monterey, CA.

Also home to JFK assassination writer Harrison Livingstone and Intrepid JFK and American dark side researcher and radio broadcaster Mae Magnin Brussell ( neighboring Carmel Valley.)

I am glad you are starting to feel better too, I can imagine how disconcerting it is. A fair few of my good friends have got Covid directly after the injections or something has happened in the direct aftermath of the jabs. Two very good friends were not right for almost 2 weeks, very poorly indeed. 

Regarding your other post. I enjoy reading your comments/threads, they're always interesting and logical, your personality shines through. I would have been a shame if you left the forum, you are part of the fibre that holds it together. Even now, you might be the guy who discovers something about the JFKA that nobody else could see. Keep at it. 

On 1/14/2022 at 7:52 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Anyone who thinks Mitch McConnell is an honest spokesman for constructive, bipartisan "unity" in the U.S., obviously, knows nothing about American political history during the past decade.

Do you remember about a week ago when you said you'd had enough, you'd put me on "ignore", and told me "good riddance", like it was some act of defiance or courage. Yet a few short days later, here you are responding to my posts again. What does your word really mean? 

This response from you is the most typical "straw man" argument that I have ever seen. It leaves me wondering if you can only see the world in a red/blue paradigm, in a tribal way? It begs the question that you've neglected to answer previously when asked directly; are you just not being smart, or are you being deceitful? 

I've had a couple of people message in the past week, they think you are coming apart at the seams. What on earth was that blown up image of Ben you posted the other day all about? It was like you were trying to shame or embarrass him, it was very cheap and vindictive, something a revengeful child might do. He is fundamentally very pleasant on here.
I understand you felt humiliated because I questioned your lack of use of psychology and your various noticeable hypocrisies on here. In the following days you went after Ben, desperately trying to win a point. You're like a moth to a flame. You think you're the victim, your pride is hurt but, you were the one who commenced this with your ad hominem attack. 

In the spirit of the forum and debate, try to be honest, don't be the other guy. You'll get no quarter from me.