• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Ty,

I'm responding to your comments in blue (below.)

I didn't answer your questions yesterday for the reasons Dennis put forth in his post yesterday. While I hold the hope that we can have a reasonable discussion, it most likely is an exercise in futility.

Reason, and a focus on true facts, have always been my strong suits.  As I said originally, I'm all ears.  You mentioned "common ground," which I earnestly seek with Trump fans as well. 

Can we begin by finding common ground regarding respect for the U.S. Constitution and the rule of law, including the lawful observance of our election procedures?

And, with regard to the 2020 election, there has been no evidence of electoral fraud in 2020, other than that committed by Trump and his minions-- Giuliani, Powell, and Trump's false electors.  Multiple lawsuits were filed by Trump's lawyers, who pushed his Big Lie, but they were all debunked and dismissed in court.  Trump, Giuliani, Powell, et.al., had nothing.  They were trying to steal an election that they lost by a substantial margin.

Trump, then, incited a violent attack on the U.S. Congress for the purpose of obstructing the certification of Biden's election-- certainly, one of the most serious Presidential crimes in American history.

Yet, Trump fans today are still largely in denial of Trump's crimes against the United States.

1 hour ago, Ty Carpenter said:

I didn't answer your questions yesterday for the reasons Dennis put forth in his post yesterday. While I hold the hope that we can have a reasonable discussion, it most likely is an exercise in futility.

Regarding the constitution, have you read Lysander Spooner's No Treason, specifically number 1?

If not, here is a link to it:

https://mises.org/library/no-treason-no-1

Here is a passage from No Treason which perfectly shows what has happened to us today:

"It is not improbable that many or most of the worst of governments — although established by force, and by a few, in the first place — come, in time, to be supported by a majority. But if they do, this majority is composed in large part of the most ignorant, superstitious, timid, dependent, servile, and corrupt portions of the people; of those who have been overawed by the power, intelligence, wealth, and arrogance; of those who have been deceived by the frauds; and of those who have been corrupted by the inducements of the few who really constitute the government."

Ty, I wouldn't waste your time with William, he'll only answer things that he thinks he has answers to, the rest he'll ignore. He'll demand you answer his questions though, in an entitled way. He is so conflicted and hypocritical in his views. He believes the CIA's "Operation Mockingbird" still lives on but, regularly quotes mainstream media as long as it supports his view, even outlets that have been outed as CIA fronts. He believes there can be a government conspiracy regarding JFK and 9/11, but, no others can exist, unless the Republican's are responsible. He'll believe in a 'deep state' or 'power elite' as long as the guys sit on the red side. I don't know where you go with people that think that way, it's very tribal and counter productive. 

What it really amounts to is this phenomena of mass psychosis that Jung, Nietzsche, Dostoevsky, Meerloo, recently Desmet and others sometimes called a sickness of the minds. It's happened periodically throughout history, with the persecution of witches in the 16th and 17th centuries being the most notable. A constant supply of fear and propaganda paralyses a person's critical thinking skills and ability to logic. It puts the minds of those under this psychosis into a regressed state, a primeval one, an instinctive condition brought on by fear or a perceived threat. If the conditions are right, this mentality can be induced in society, as it has been throughout history, notable in genocides. We wonder how people so educated and learned can do such unthinkable things to fellow man, well, it's easy if you are in this state. During this pandemic we have seen people slip into this, family members, friends, colleagues etc. No matter what evidence is presented to them, they just won't talk about it, they just can't hear you, or they explode with anger. After the death of god (decline in faith) which Nietzsche pointed out, people would have a spiritual void, they'd instantly look to politicians and government as the great father figures, ie replacing god and filling their spiritual void with something else. We've all seen crowds at Democrat or Republican rallies, the people look like they are under a spell or a hypnosis, eyes glazed over, they just cheer whatever the leader says. It was no different at the Third Reich's rallies. The MSM serves up this constant supply of fear, using waves of terror, which keep people in this mass psychosis. This was so apparent during the pandemic, the sheer level of fear and terror induced by propaganda made people with all of the education and knowledge of the ancient Greeks, suddenly behave in a primeval way. Look at the way the people who haven't had this experimental treatment have been attacked, akin to the way the Jewish people were accused of having Typhus in Poland during WW2. A society was willing to segregate their fellow humans, confiscate their wealth, make them wear badges, put them in ghettos, labour camps, experiment on them and kill them. We look back to the witches, where educated people were willing to drown women on a ducking stool, if they survived they were guilty, if they drowned they were innocent. These were women who had a little bit more education than most women. Once you start dehumanising a minority of society, you set in motion the conditions for this. So, when William calls anyone an anti-vaxxer or like someone else on here called those choosing not to have the experimental treatment as filthy rats, you set in motion the conditions for a catastrophe. It really highlights the psychosis, that Democrats (in this case) who are strongly against marginalising minorities, victimising them, and are pro equality for all, suddenly it's dressed in different clothes, they are willing to do all of the things that they are against. This isn't specific to the redundant terms of left and right, or Democrat and Republican, the whole of the human race are susceptible to it. I thought a lot about the way animals behave when exposed to fear, when they are cornered, they invariably do one of two things, they lash out unpredictably and attack, or they shake and cower in a corner, wishing for the intervention of rescue from a paternal or maternal figure. Have human beings behaved much differently during this pandemic? Not really. If you interpret this in online conduct, some have shrunk and cowered, like the animal wishing for its mother, and some have attacked vehemently. Which is why when anyone mentioned the word "Trump" on this forum (which is majority Democrats), they have to attack, it's like a reflex, it's instinctive. It's why William is willing to attack anyone here, he simply can't leave it alone. He is afraid, paranoid, and exhibiting all of the signs of someone in the mass psychosis. What he doesn't realise or can't see is that if everyone behaves as he does, it perpetuates the conflict, it doesn't pacify it, it makes it worse. 

If any of you study the way the British Empire conquered and controlled India, they used a very old tactic called 'divide and rule", where they were able to sort a massive population with varying faiths and cultural beliefs and pit them against each other. The net result was a bit like America now, there was a hatred and fear for perceived enemies, the British played the MSM role and whipped up emotions into a fever or sickness of the minds. This enabled the British to rule an enormous population with very few troops. The tactic enabled the enemy of the Indian people to hide in plain sight (the British), and exploit the country and its resources. They did this while Muslims and Hindu were seeing each other as the enemies. If you do subscribe to the idea that a "power elite" or "deep state" is moving an unseen hand to run American policy or much of the world, wouldn't this divide and rule strategy work rather well? I'd be perfect. Distraction of the masses has always been essential for oligarchs and plutocrats to rule. 

There are many that accept a ruling class has always existed and used their power and influence to impact policy and to shape presidential decisions; perhaps the guy we all like to talk about, JFK, was removed because the threat he was to the ruling class. Foreign policy was after all, a great mechanism to derive power and increase influence and wealth. If he also had his eyes on the oil cartel and the banking system, he was a huge threat to the "power elite." 

Some food for thought. 

13 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

We wonder how people so educated and learned can do such unthinkable things to fellow man, well, it's easy if you are in this state. 

Chris,

This comment reminds me of a good Schopenhauer quote:

"If anyone spends almost the whole day in reading...he gradually loses the capacity for thinking...This is the case with many learned persons; they have read themselves stupid."

Good article at Vox today describing the CDC data that I referenced for the forum last night (above.)

The extraordinary success of Covid-19 vaccines, in two charts

Deaths tell one story of the pandemic. The lives saved tell another.
www.vox.com/22894978/covid-19-vaccine-lives-saved-deaths-avoided-omicron-chart

January 27, 2022

6 minutes ago, Ty Carpenter said:

Chris,

This comment reminds me of a good Schopenhauer quote:

"If anyone spends almost the whole day in reading...he gradually loses the capacity for thinking...This is the case with many learned persons; they have read themselves stupid."

I don't know the context of the quote but, I think reading a lot can isolate people. The more you read, the lonelier you become (Jordan Peterson). It certainly detaches a person from the group think. I don't see that as a bad thing, we've always had thinkers, some of the most remarkable minds in history spent enormous amounts of time in their own minds, and reading tons. It's certainly a terrible thing if people become fixated with reading news that serves to deceive or agitate, people are being consumed by propaganda, it's very unhealthy, and it's been proven during this pandemic. The ones fixated with MSM have the most unhealthy minds, they are neurotic, paranoid, irrational, and almost like the lyrebird, mimicking and repeating what they've heard without even mulling it over in their minds. This surely in part comes from schooling and academia, they're not teaching people how to think for themselves, only what to think. If you want a society of blind followers that's great for tyrants. But, if you want an educated, enlightened society of thinkers, and people to take a society forward, people who can spot lies and corruption, then you have to promote free thinking and teach people how to think for themselves. Whenever the public have blindly outsourced all thinking to government, it's led to catastrophe. 

“Men are so simple of mind, and so much dominated by their immediate needs, that a deceitful man will always find plenty who are ready to be deceived.”
Niccolo Machiavelli

More Post-Truth politics.  Reasons to be cheerful.

I never imagined that things would get this bad in the U.S.

Americans' Trust in Science Now Deeply Polarized, Poll Shows

Republicans’ faith in science is falling as Democrats rely on it even more, with a trust gap in science and medicine widening substantially during the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-01-26/americans-trust-in-science-now-deeply-polarized-poll-shows

January 26, 2022

Government suggests hiding the Covid V trial data from the public for 55 years, just like the JFKA files, and people are surprised that trust in government and science is plummeting. Pfizer suggested hiding it for 75 years (a human lifetime), the company who has the record fines in US medical history for lying and deceiving the public. 

Wakey wakey. 

Public faith wanes ultimately when truth is absent. 

ab15ea8905d9711a1027f009e1d3d8c5.jpg

https://mailchi.mp/nationalbutterflycenter/v4jla7bmp9-5505325?e=15f8f8f2a5

Dear Members, Donors & Supporters, 

“We are writing to let you know the National Butterfly Center will be closed Friday, Jan. 28 - Sunday, Jan. 30, due to credible threats we have received from a former state official, regarding activities planned by the We Stand America event, taking place in McAllen, TX, this weekend. 

This MAGA, mid-term election rally, hosted by Trump's former National Security Advisor and pardoned-criminal, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, is the national, kick-off event for what they are calling their "Take Action Tour." “

My God!

Butterflies!

Have these people no shame?

Steve Thomas

20 hours ago, Dennis Berube said:

Ty, there is a die hard contingent of pro-corporate Democrats on this forum that will simply never concede anything when it comes to "left vs. right" political analysis. It's not worth your time here for that type of thing, in my opinion anyway. There is also great researchers who post some great stuff here.

People who still believe in the Democratic party have thoroughly failed to guard against the obvious manipulation of their party's main political goals, which is indistinguishable from the World Economic Fourm (aka central banking cartel). The party alignments have done a partial flop. Some Republican states are now the ones passing extended unemployment bills and attempting to keep jobs and businesses open while the "left" denies medical treatment to Americans who didn't receive an untested gene therapy injection from criminal corporations (not looking to debate this, I am well aware of the official corporate narrative). They are completely walking all over the Constitution and are apparently not even aware it exists.  In a poll, Democrats believe on average 50% of covid cases end up in the hospital. They believe 99% of everyone in the hospital are unvaccinated. They are literally living in an alternate reality of fear and rushing to give away liberties earned by centuries of sacrifice. In MA, the "official" CDC data lists over 50% of hospitalized cases as fully vaccinated and they do not count people who had their last injection within 14 days. They also tell you in the fine print that the vaccinated cases/hospitalizations/deaths are undercounted due to data aggregation issues. So in reality, well over 50% of people in the hospital for covid are vaccinated, yet these Democrats continue to push for discrimination via passports for restaurants. If you mention that maybe we should use passports to vote, they will start crying and try to tell you that you don't care about people. Complete insanity. If anyone wants to say this is irrelevant to the above Biden discussion, remember this. Biden has barely been president for 1 year and by far the number one thing he has focused on is vaccinating everyone, just like most world "leaders". If you believe him, you have already received three injections in a single year and are immune to nothing other than supporting convicted criminal companies like Pfizer and J&J. You also support censorship with White House/intelligence agency coordination and probably will say things like "private companies can do what they want" ignorantly. That is not the Democratic party of JFK/MLK as far as I'm concerned. Not all Republicans are created equal either though, Charlie Baker is a disgrace.

It was great to see Len had Dave Ratcliffe on Black Op Radio recently and he laid it all out for his audience, much like Rogan has done for his.

image.png.f23bb77a2495e633858666ed0ddec83c.png

Well first off Dennis , my continued condolences for the traitorous actions of that dirty vaxxh-ole Trump! For a long time in U.S. history,the number of people who polled anti vaccine were around 10%. Since Trump's  it's clearly up to a third of the population. And now this! His defection to vaxxerdom is a scourge to your  hard fought efforts and is definitely a bitter pill to swallow, but at least not a vaccine!.

If it's any consolation, I know some really bad dudes who've said they feel very betrayed by Trump as they've lost some of their people because of Trump, and although they still don't vax,  They  told me that Trump "better watch his back!"

heh heh heh heh heh heh

Ok seriously Dennis,
Dennis I always sense that the  more angry and more ranting your posts are, the more frustrated you're feeling in your life and I really do sympathize.

Go East  to Davos Young Man.

I don't what branch of the "great reset" you're in, but to assume any master" great reset plan" is going on there is folly. It's all just window dressing.

I've specifically told you how the corporate state plays out and it's much more seamless and insidious than any of these silly medieval drama theories I hear about here. Though I'm sure they're deliciously overwhelming to all of you who hold them that it will give you sufficient license to continue to strike out aimlessly and then revert back to basking  in your hopelessness and doing  nothing.

Unvaccinated Sarah Palin tests positive for Covid, delays New York Times defamation trial

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/24/-unvaccinated-sarah-palin-positive-for-covid-before-ny-times-defamation-trial.html

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

"If you want a society of blind followers that's great for tyrants. But, if you want an educated, enlightened society of thinkers, and people to take a society forward, people who can spot lies and corruption, then you have to promote free thinking and teach people how to think for themselves. Whenever the public have blindly outsourced all thinking to government, it's led to catastrophe."

“Men are so simple of mind, and so much dominated by their immediate needs, that a deceitful man will always find plenty who are ready to be deceived.”
Niccolo Machiavelli Donald Trump

Chris,

Apply that belief to Trump's tax returns, womanizing, election results, 1-6 involvement, racism, backstabbing his pseudo friends, etc, etc. 

I mentioned before, that, without&with-holding "transparency" will lead you to your Machiavelli quote.

He is a rich narcissist(too many blind followers) who will throw all under the bus for absolute power.

That is my definition of a tyrant.

Are there others from all sides of the political spectrum, surely.

We are dealing with the here and now.

Personally, I wasn't a blind follower of the pro-vaccination crowd. Read the available literature both pro/con before making the decision. Realized the possible downsides of the vaccine. But weighed that against the chance of a full blown infection(possibility of spending hospital time on a ventilator) and chose the alternative.

Granted, the odds were quite low of ending up that way.

But, since my niece's "brother in law" who was my age (mid 50's) and had zero health problems in April 2020, spent four weeks on a ventilator and then passed away, I felt receiving the vaccine gave me more piece of mind.